Methodist Sugar Land Hospital

Methodist Sugar Land Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Patient Access Services Receptionist (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 12, 2013
I enjoy working here, and the people make sure that everyone is welcomed and feels comfortable.
Very dissapointed
Confidential (Current Employee), Sugar LandMay 10, 2013
Pros: can use your batch at cafeteria and gift shops as a credit card
Cons: you will advance only if you know people its not about what you know is all about who you know.
I came from a very prestige Hospital out of state to work as per all the reviews in "the best hospital of Houston" from day one I noticed they are not the best hospital, they only care about revenue not actually their patients and employees. The pay its not the greatest as others here mentioned, the management only cares about themselves. Sugar Land – more... Methodist the worst hospital I have ever work for. – less
Productive place to work
RN, ER (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, large reputable hospital system, fun coworkers
Cons: overly demanding management
a night at work is typically stressful as expected considering the nature of the job but I work with the most interesting personalities ever. This makes for a balanced experience.
A very positive place to work.
Unit Secretary/PCA (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXFebruary 18, 2013
The hospital is a very beautiful place. The staff really makes your hospital experience a very pleasant one.
Nice people and excellent management
Diagnostic Cardiology Technician (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXDecember 30, 2012
Pros: discount on food in cafeteria and gift shop, plus great people
The best place I have ever worked. If there are any problems, they listen and actively accommodate your needs as a person first, then an employee. I regret leaving last year and wish I could work there again in the future.
Great place to work at one point.
Scheduler/Admitting Rep (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 16, 2012
Pros: helping others.
A typical day at Methodist was out going and there was always something new to learn. I"ve learned that if you don't get hurt on the job then your job is somewhat safe if management like you. My work spoke for it self, even being injured on the job didn't affect my ability to do what i was paid to do until my second surgery. The hardest part of my job – more... was having to deal with management that didn't understand what that word meant. And the most enjoyable part of my everyday duty was being able to say that i went out of my way to help someone that needed my help or just kmowing i could assist someone and know that I made someines day.
The main reason I changed careers was so that I could help those that could use my help or those that needed assistance. – less
Good place to work, great values.
management (Current Employee), TXAugust 5, 2012
Pros: free, onsite employee gym; free parking; reputable company; latest medical technology
Cons: work life balance
Everyone from leadership team to front-line staff want to provide quality service.

Friendly staff.

Fair treatment.
Productive and great place to work.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 10, 2012
I never have a typical day at work, every day is different , but if I have to share something, my day started at 5:30am. I check my emails , I print any pending orders , I have to make sure all the employees at work, if some one call out, I need to found a coverage for that position or cover by my self until, I found a person, Then I started to do inventorying – more... , ordering , I go to the floor and get a feed back from a patients, making sure we are providing a best quality and service. I change micros prices to be ready for lunch, I make sure all the menu items was prep and ready to serv. I coming back to help on tray line , assist the employees. I do cashiers reports. I learn how handle a hard situations , how treat the employees with respect and dignity. I have a great co-workers willing to help each other. The hardest part of my job is when I don't have the time to be helping every single employee. I enjoy to see our costumers and patients happy with our food and service. – less
Politics....enough said.
Tray Line Prep Cook (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 3, 2012
Pros: higher pay
Cons: kitchen management, low hours, no support
Although the pay was good working in the kitchen, the lack of hours made it impossible for me to live. After being passed over for advancement and seeing the politics going on, I had to leave. Management is nonexistent and it goes downhill from there.
Terrible Manger to work for
Respiratory (Former Employee), NASeptember 19, 2012
The manager for Respiratory is terrible. Management style "Dictatorship"