Methodist University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Understaffed and unappreciated
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
Methodist could be a great company to work for but the University is understaffed and the workers are very unappreciated..
Pros
n/a
Cons
worker shortage, no food after 10:00 for patients
Great
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis TnMay 11, 2016
Very well rounded company. Looking for more room to expand my horizon. Enjoy my patients along with my co workers, and doctors.
About company
OR Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 5, 2016
It's been a really good company since I have been employed since 2001! I would advise anyone starting out that this is a place to get experience, but not really many opportunities to expand.
dont work here
lab (Former Employee) –  memphis tennesseeOctober 24, 2015
The lab is the last place I would advise anyone to work unless management get a backbone. Management is very poor and the lab is very unprofessional.
Great place to learn
Rn (Former Employee) –  Med/surgJuly 20, 2015
very hectic workday, overloaded and most times overwhelmed with types of patient due to high acuity level and high nurse to patient ration. however great to enhance skills and learn more about nursing and wonderful opportunity to learn and enhance knowledge. coworkers were awesome i enjoyed working with them
Pros
educational oppurtunities
Cons
expect too much from nurses
great staff
Evs (Current Employee) –  memphis tnJuly 12, 2015
customer service is great, fun place to work. i love caring for the patients. the staff is great. good benefits, work can sometimes get really busy but its not too hard
Good place to work but the management needs to be trained more.
Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2015
The work place is very good but the management of most units are not organized well. Co-workers are fine but the management has to speed up on some co-workers. The job is very enjoyable and can make it better.
awesome place to work
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2015
very safe environment, easy job tasks, friendly people, awesome management, great discounts on many different things, fun activities and classes.
Pros
discounts on everything
Cons
i have a prn position
Productive and fun place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 29, 2015
Carried out portable x-rays in all departments, out patient and in patient x-rays, Fluoroscopy, ERCPs for diagnostic purposes.
Stressful work place.
Catering Assistant/Dietary (Current Employee) –  Memphis,TNMay 22, 2015
Poor management. The company gets alot of different managers. Work place stressful. Great company CEO. Although they do not go by the hand book.
Wonderful enviroment to work in
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2015
A day at work was unpredictable,I had great teamates,and keeping,coworkers,and clients safe wasthe best part of the job,there was nothing hard about the job at all.
Pros
MEETING PEOPLE
Patient and Family Centered Care
Interim Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have helped a patient and their family with their healthcare needs. One of our facility's goals is to focus on the patient and their family to provide maximum support to the patient. Departmental partnerships are formed to produce a team environment dedicated to reducing the time it takes for the patient to heal and return to loved ones. So, eliminating some family concerns allows the patient to concentrate on healing. Plus Methodist has some of the best physicians who are truly concerned about their patient's quality of life and works with the departments in delivering excellent care. It is so rewarding to hear patients say they enjoyed their stay and the care they received!
Pros
Busy and dynamic environment, childcare facility, tuition assistance, opportunity to learn different jobs, assisting patients with their healthcare needs, departments working as a team to deliver excellent care and the best physicians in the world
Cons
lack of non clinical job security, short staffed, blending job responsibilities across job titles during employee turnover, pay (depending on the job title)
Consistent Enviroment
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 19, 2015
I enjoy being around different situations with patients allowing me to learn more about their conditions. I enjoy working with the clinical staff and their efforts to encourage me to be a better associate. I appreciate the management team in my department for their efforts in always giving me constructive views on making my performance better.
Not a place for advancement
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2015
You can not advance in Respiratory unless you know someone. Education, character, and morals do not matter much to them. You can be the best person for the job and they will over look you to bring their family members in. You work so hard to do the very best and unless you have a family member in upper management, you won't get recognized for you hard work.
Pros
education assistancce
Cons
no advancement, rude workers, favoritism
A great place to learn a lot of difference things
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2015
A great place to advance in your career. You learn a lot of things in the clerical field.
Pros
great benefits
Excellent
EKG Tech/Treadmill Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
I enjoy working for methodist healthcare. The benefits are great, good teamwork.
Like it very much
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
Capable staff, understanding leadership, continuing ed support, diverse environment, & reasonable compensation.
Pros
variety of diagnoses, great coworkers
Cons
increasing focus on productivity
Productive, fun, and a great place for continued learning.
SPTA (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 6, 2014
A typical day at work includes pt chart review, RN mini conference, and tx implemented. I learned how to work as a team towards progressing a pt in a safe, control environment. The hardest part of the job is the different type of dx. Some dx are more involved than others, but nothing I wasn't able to handle as therapist. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I am helping a pt recover even if it was a tiny goal obtained, a goal was still achieved.
Pros
great team work!
Cons
i was just a student.
Stable employment
Staff nurse/Charge nurse/Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2014
I have worked there for over 12 years and still enjoy the learning opportunities provided to me.
Pros
stable employment
friendly patient focused
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2014
great for patient family centered care. Very good at including middle management in the affairs of the hospital.
Pros
christian
Cons
poor retirement

Methodist University Hospital Reviews by Location