Methodist University Hospital Employee Reviews

MRI Tech II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2017
The environment I worked in could be flexible. The people I worked with in my department and from the floors and ER were usually friendly and knowledgable.
Terrible place to work
Neuro Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2017
Do not work here. It is awful. They do not care about you and will not pay well. You will be short staffed and feel terrible working every day. I hate it.
Productive in care of patient and heathcare activities
Delegate housekeeping duties (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 7, 2017
This job can be better if the chain of command would be better, when reporting things that are not right. It's not handled correctly. This goes to say management need some work. The most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of two weeks I will have a paycheck. The hardest part is they say that you can advance to another department after 6 months in your current department but they don't honor that statement.
Pros
You are making money.
Cons
Some co-workers are not friendly
I love dealing with people. I'm a people person. Makes me feel good knowing that a made someone day better.
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2017
I just like to be around people and get to know a person I think a happier environment is a better work environment I try my best to get along with others and do my job best as can I can.
Provides good work/life balance
Staff Nurse, Medical Response Team (MRT) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 13, 2017
Methodist is the best adult hospital to work for in the Memphis area. I feel like Methodist provides a good work/life balance for employees. Like any nursing job no matter where you go there will always be ups and downs and you just have to learn how to ride the waves.
Productive place to work.
Internship: Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed the professionalism of the employees along with management. I learned tons of important factors about social work and counseling. Working with family members of the patient was rewarding as well.
Pros
Good Management
Ok place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2017
Typical day at work was ok. Get to meet some great people. I would recommend it to others because you can move around and maybe get in another career field.
Productive place to work
Sterile Processing Technician/mca (Current Employee) –  MEMPHIS, TNFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day can be whatever you make it.. Choose your own attitude for work/life balance

At times there may not be a balnce for what life changes.

Most enjoyable part is making a difference in the lives of others
Pros
Productive place to work
Cons
Not to many opportunites to advance and do not provide adequate training
Progressive company
Regisered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2017
Methodist is a very large and growing company with descent benefits for employees. There are many opportunities to advance with the organization which is constantly striving to meet the needs of the community.
RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 29, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot, and I loved seeing the diversity in the workplace. Of course, there are always challenges no matter where you work.
Great Learning Experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
I started off as a new nurse at this hospital. I learned so much during my time there. There were rough days as expected. Staff to patient ratio needs much improvement for safety issues.
every day is a blessing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2017
being able to meet and greet with others. learning new skills that will be helpful in the future . being to make someone day.
Very busy and informal.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2017
My typical day at Methodist would difficult to describe because no two days were the same. I learned so many different medical procedures. Management was great. The hardest part was when it would get a bit overwhelming. The most enjoyable part was being a shoulder to lean on during a family's most trying time.
Great opportunity
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2017
This is a teaching hospital so they really focus on learning. I had a great experience here as a new nurse. They give some of the best care I've experienced. I'd recommend Methodist to any nurse.
Productive and fun place to work
STAFF NURSE● Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2016
Due to the extreme volume the nursing turn over is very high. The pay is one of the lowest in the city and the benefits are poor.
Don't bother
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2016
Nepotism is all that matters at this place. Was unable to attain a higher position despite having better credentials and reviews than the people I was competing with. Merit means nothing here.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
favortism
tolerable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2016
Learn as you work enviroment.Flexible work enviroment. most manager are aware of stressful encounters that exist, some may ignore stress exist.cordial staff members.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
low pay
A growing facility
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2016
A fun place to work, good qualified associates you can grow and also continue your health education great perks and opportunities
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Sometimes very busy
Great Place to Work!
Supervisor, Cardiovascular Services Lab (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2016
Typical Day: Communicate with internal/external customers. Scheduling equipment for maintenance/replacement, order supplies/equipment. Plan work schedules, daily workflow for 16 associates, coordinate coverage for employee absences, monitor a reading schedules for 30+ doctors to assure medical tests are performed/completed per doctor orders and final reports are proofed, accurate and delivered to nursing unit. Reconcile patient charges and reimbursement daily.
Understaffed and unappreciated
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
Methodist could be a great company to work for but the University is understaffed and the workers are very unappreciated..
Pros
n/a
Cons
worker shortage, no food after 10:00 for patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist University Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval