Methodist University Employee Reviews

Graet
Patient Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at Methodist
I like talking to the patient on a daily basic
Some of the management was good at what they do or did
I hardest thing was trying to work with someone who think they know everything
fun place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 11, 2017
fun place to work. great benefits, family orient , you can move up in the work place. team work is a plus. co workers are helpful. they love their patient
Its a productive place
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2017
I really enjoy working at Methodist University. Its a very friendly place, everybody is very friendly. I transport patients all day, and I also talk to the patients while I transport them.
Great employer,
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 17, 2017
I have enjoyed my time to present with the university, supportive staff in the nursing department. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to be apart of their faculty doing what I love - teaching.
Productive and enriching
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2017
I learn how to be more organized
Teamwork
Commitment
Communication with Staff and Students
Understanding of how the University is being managed
Creativity for better ideas and organization
A Good Way to build Work Experience During Free Time
Student Center Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 9, 2016
Working as an office assistant for the Student Center was a occupation that will give a student an opportunity to build upon their administrative skills and make little bit of money while doing so.
Pros
Opportunity to make money, quiet environment
Cons
Slow workdays
Fun workplace
Nimocks Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2016
Methodist is very diverse, so therefore I loved that I worked with people of a different ethnic background. I learned a lot from them.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Productive, great people to work with
Administrative Assistant & Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day at Methodist University is busy and filled with interactions with faculty, staff and students. My co-workers were the best part. They made the day more enjoyable. It's a great place to work. Unfortunately the pay isn't as competitive as it could be. It is not meant for a sole parents only income.
Pros
Work environment, student tuition benefit and holidays off
Cons
Low pay, no advancement opportunities
Its a productive and fun work environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2016
Methodist Is a great place to work its career driven and its up to you to further your education. I learned how to work well with others. Staffing is short. A typical day at word is very busy everyone gets along when we work together the workflow is easy.Management is very understanding , The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients smile.
Fish Bowl environment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 23, 2016
As a Resident Assistant, I would have to have hall meetings to inform my residents on information that they needed to know, created different types of programs for them to not only learn new things but as well as enjoy and get to know other residents near them. I also has duty nights that required me to stay up and secure the surrounding area.
Pros
free room and board, personal room
Cons
no raise, long hours
Productive and Fun
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  5400 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NCMay 22, 2016
It is always great to get paid to do what one loves to do. The environment is quite good. A typical day there includes doing my work that is really fun, productive, and always interesting. I tutor a wide range and variety of students based on age, ethnic group, culture, religious, and even very big age differences and interests at times.
Love making people feel safe
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 21, 2016
It felt good to be the one that escorted young men/women, across a dark campus. At the moment it was bad people lurking around, so being the one that ensured their safety was awesome.
N?A
Environmental Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2016
It was a nice place. I enjoyed it because it was a great opportunity for me to get some professional experiences while I was at school
Methodist Uni
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 3, 2015
A great working environment.
I could work and study at the same time. Managed to teach history and broaden my experience. Learned a lot about individuals, classes, and from interactions with professors.
Pros
Free Lunches, Ability to work with professors, flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Average
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2015
RESPONSIBLE FOR UNIT BASED CLINICAL ORIENTATION AND PROVISION OF CLINICAL IN-SERVICE TRAINING FOR NEW AND CURRENT CLINICAL ASSOCIATES

Unit-based assessment, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs.Provides consultative services to internal and external customers. On going readiness regarding JCAHO and state requirements. Identifies and coaches emerging leaders. Participates in and contributes to multidisciplinary rounds and huddles. Integrates relevant research outcomes into learning activities.
cafeteria work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 14, 2015
wash dishes, stock supplies, sweep and mop floor and make sure all the beverages are filled. use dishwasher equipment and chemicals
Nice Job
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2015
Working for Methodist University was fun and I did enjoy the job. Just no advancement, which over time lead me to leave. Well all and all most of the people there are nice.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Low pay and very little is no advancement
Fun
Director of Everyhting at this place (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2015
it is a lot of fun. fun stuff. it is fun and fun and fun. ntothin bad at all. just fun. fun fun fun. do you think it is fuin? I think it is fun!!!

good overall.
Great internship for student nurse
Nurse Extern Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2015
The career service at Methodist University would be great experience for a student nurse to get an actual feel of a nurses duty and responsibility. You are pair with an RN who monitor you during your work hours but, you generally are working this shift on your own. It is different from your clinical experience. The Career services at Methodist University does prepare you for real life nursing experiences. Great Program
Pros
Paid internship, flexible hours and great pay for student nurses
Cons
have to be a second year nursing student
Fun Worl place with sports teammates
Reception (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 4, 2015
Typical day is setting up track equipment.
Mailing and Faxing
The overall experience is great. The people you work with are great to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2