Methodist University Employee Reviews in United States

Love making people feel safe
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 21, 2016
It felt good to be the one that escorted young men/women, across a dark campus. At the moment it was bad people lurking around, so being the one that ensured their safety was awesome.
N?A
Environmental Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2016
It was a nice place. I enjoyed it because it was a great opportunity for me to get some professional experiences while I was at school
Methodist Uni
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 3, 2015
A great working environment.
I could work and study at the same time. Managed to teach history and broaden my experience. Learned a lot about individuals, classes, and from interactions with professors.
Pros
Free Lunches, Ability to work with professors, flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Average
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2015
RESPONSIBLE FOR UNIT BASED CLINICAL ORIENTATION AND PROVISION OF CLINICAL IN-SERVICE TRAINING FOR NEW AND CURRENT CLINICAL ASSOCIATES

Unit-based assessment, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs.Provides consultative services to internal and external customers. On going readiness regarding JCAHO and state requirements. Identifies and coaches emerging leaders. Participates in and contributes to multidisciplinary rounds and huddles. Integrates relevant research outcomes into learning activities.
cafeteria work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 14, 2015
wash dishes, stock supplies, sweep and mop floor and make sure all the beverages are filled. use dishwasher equipment and chemicals
Nice Job
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2015
Working for Methodist University was fun and I did enjoy the job. Just no advancement, which over time lead me to leave. Well all and all most of the people there are nice.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Low pay and very little is no advancement
Fun
Director of Everyhting at this place (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2015
it is a lot of fun. fun stuff. it is fun and fun and fun. ntothin bad at all. just fun. fun fun fun. do you think it is fuin? I think it is fun!!!

good overall.
Great internship for student nurse
Nurse Extern Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2015
The career service at Methodist University would be great experience for a student nurse to get an actual feel of a nurses duty and responsibility. You are pair with an RN who monitor you during your work hours but, you generally are working this shift on your own. It is different from your clinical experience. The Career services at Methodist University does prepare you for real life nursing experiences. Great Program
Pros
Paid internship, flexible hours and great pay for student nurses
Cons
have to be a second year nursing student
Fun Worl place with sports teammates
Reception (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 4, 2015
Typical day is setting up track equipment.
Mailing and Faxing
The overall experience is great. The people you work with are great to work with.
great environment for career growth.
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2015
It was fun and educative
I learned basic laboratory skills as well as complex lab techniques
I learned to organized and multi-task
I most of the time independently with minimal supervision from my advisor
I learned great work ethics
The hardest part of the job is balancing work and school
Spanish Pear Tutor at the Univrsity
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 20, 2015
My responsibilities are:
• Meet with course instructors to obtain any information that will assist with tutoring
• Provide tutoring in Spanish
• Use study and learning strategies to promote independent learning
I have learned how people learn easier, and that different learning strategies work for different people; moreover, I have learned how to apply those strategies, and help students learn. I have also learned to approach different students in different ways, and motivate them for further learning. Hardest part of this job is finding appropriate learning technique for the students who have difficulties understanding class material. The most enjoyable part is conveying knowledge to other students, and seeing them confident about knowledge they acquire.
Productive and socialable work place with pool table
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of running errands as well as attending to students and faculty as they walked in with questions. I learn how to talk to people more confidently and also how to deal with different personalities.
I loved working with the military and enjoyed going to work each day.
Student Services Coordinator/Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 5, 2015
The Fort Bragg satellite office of Methodist University (Fayetteville, NC) was a wonderful place to work.

Although the compensation was quite low, being able to establish relationships with the military students and assisting them with their education was well worth it.

My favorite times where when we would get visitors in the office not wanting anything but just to socialize.

I still keep in contact with a few of the students I helped almost 5 years ago.
Pros
truly felt that i was helping.
Cons
very low pay
Informative
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 4, 2014
I was able to apply the things that I learned in my lectures and labs to my work study assignments. I really enjoy making stock solutions and doing titrations.
Pros
able to apply your knowledge to your work
great learning experience
Weight Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 14, 2014
I learned a lot about what it takes to be a assistant. I also learned how to stay very organized, the proper way to make and answer phone calls.
It was my first job out of school.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2014
I didn't feel i could advance in my profession here. I enjoyed working with the doctors and patients.
Pros
good work hours.
Cons
didn't feel like i was able to grow in my career.
Productive work place with opportunity for advancement per education and job skills earned
LPN-Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TnAugust 7, 2014
a typical day is awesome in a new position, I have learned so much, the management I have worked with have been positive in helping me improve. My coworkers are like any other coworkers, the hardest part is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
management a plus
Cons
not a whole lot to complain about
Great place to learn and work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 23, 2014
Methodist U. is one of the best places to receive hands on experience in the classwork and workforce.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 29, 2014
I've always loved working at Methodist University but have hit a dead-end growth-wise. The people that work in my department are hardworking and care about the students. I've grown as a person and a professional in this job, and have never had the Monday Blues while working here.
Pros
the university culture, academic setting, benefits package
Cons
compensation
Great educational experience
Teacher Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 4, 2014
I have had great educational experience at this institution. The Teacher and stuff were supportive and were always concerned about my progress.

4.4