Methodist University

Methodist University United States Employee Reviews

Productive and socialable work place with pool table
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of running errands as well as attending to students and faculty as they walked in with questions. I learn how to talk to people more confidently and also how to deal with different personalities.
I loved working with the military and enjoyed going to work each day.
Student Services Coordinator/Admissions Manager (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: truly felt that i was helping.
Cons: very low pay
The Fort Bragg satellite office of Methodist University (Fayetteville, NC) was a wonderful place to work.

Although the compensation was quite low, being able to establish relationships with the military students and assisting them with their education was well worth it.

My favorite times where when we would get visitors in the office not wanting anything but just to socialize.

I still keep in contact with a few of the students I helped almost 5 years ago.
Informative
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: able to apply your knowledge to your work
I was able to apply the things that I learned in my lectures and labs to my work study assignments. I really enjoy making stock solutions and doing titrations.
great learning experience
Weight Room Attendant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 14, 2014
I learned a lot about what it takes to be a assistant. I also learned how to stay very organized, the proper way to make and answer phone calls.
It was my first job out of school.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good work hours.
Cons: didn't feel like i was able to grow in my career.
I didn't feel i could advance in my profession here. I enjoyed working with the doctors and patients.
Productive work place with opportunity for advancement per education and job skills earned
LPN-Bed Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TnAugust 7, 2014
Pros: management a plus
Cons: not a whole lot to complain about
a typical day is awesome in a new position, I have learned so much, the management I have worked with have been positive in helping me improve. My coworkers are like any other coworkers, the hardest part is the most enjoyable part.
Great place to learn and work!
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 23, 2014
Methodist U. is one of the best places to receive hands on experience in the classwork and workforce.
Secretary (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: the university culture, academic setting, benefits package
Cons: compensation
I've always loved working at Methodist University but have hit a dead-end growth-wise. The people that work in my department are hardworking and care about the students. I've grown as a person and a professional in this job, and have never had the Monday Blues while working here.
TYPICAL
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 22, 2014
typical day is to work hard to give 100% to make sure each and every patient feel they are the most important person I have at every giving moment
Great educational experience
Teacher Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 4, 2014
I have had great educational experience at this institution. The Teacher and stuff were supportive and were always concerned about my progress.
Slow pace, comfortable work place
Track and Field Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 30, 2014
Usually not much to do, I basically get to study and read my books, that was what I loved most about the job.
I loved making people feel safe.
Security Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: provided a sense of security
Walking people to their dorm rooms late at night, giving them a sense of security felt great. I was a football player at the University, so it gave them a sort of person to look up to. They found comfort in my status as a football player.
Great place to learn, Great place to work
Office Support, Data Entry, Weight Room supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 2, 2013
The title says it all. All of the staff is friendly and competent. They make it feel like a family there.
Fun environment helping students find enjoyment on campus
Student Activities Committee, Member (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 26, 2013
Wonderful environment working with the Student Activities Committee. Boss is extremely dedicated, hardworking, and involved with all of the members on a personal level. A lot of physical labor involved, but management makes it worthwhile!
Excellent
Full-Time Student (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 15, 2013
Excellent, I was a full-time student and work-study. Peaceful and pleasant environment. The staff was friendly and cooperative.
Hardwork with great learning experience.
medical clerical asst. (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2013
Pros: holiday pay
My job is a learning experience. I have learned a lot working with transplant patients, including hemo dyalisis and prism.The management is on point always showing concerned for the co-workers. The hardest part of the job is loosing a patient to death. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient received their organs and healing is sucessfully. Co-workers are team players, they are quick and swift to step in and help one another.
COMMUNICATION AND INNOVATION
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: free lunch tickets
Cons: health care issues
A typical day at work for me will be cleaning patients room, fereshing restrooms and making connections with patients family members. I learned to help other in need no matter how they are feeling. the hardest part of my job is meeting new patients and they do not live to see the next day. the most enjoyable part is that I'm able to change the way a sickly person is feeling and make the smile throughout the situation.
Busy, Fun.
Lobby Worker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 19, 2013
A typical day at work here at Methodist University where I am currently working is busy but fun because I try to at least enjoy any thing I do. I four female co-workers. I am so into the work, I do not see any hard part of it really. However, the most enjoyable part is chronologically organizing events and making calculations.
Great people to work with
Office Assistant / Alumni Office (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 4, 2013
The group of people that I worked with were the best. It was a very rewarding job.
Enhancement in my passion for nursing
Clinic Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 26, 2013
Every day was a challenge. My co-workers were wonderful and supportive. I learned, while working at Methodist, many new skills in technique, bedside manner, and management. My passion is for nursing in a hospital environment such as this.

About Methodist University

Methodist University is an independent four-year institution of higher education with over 2,400 students from 41 states and 53 – Read more