Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Employee Reviews

Observation
Patient Care Technician ­ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I was able to learn so many things and employees make you feel like family. I had to leave this place due to making more money.
Wonderful work experience
Medical Assistant/ Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work, safe environment. Friendly staff and nurses very nice and neat. Private hospital with lots of space for patients. Very glad to have worked there.
Beautiful hospital with a culture of caring both for patients and staff.
Service Quality Advocate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070November 24, 2016
Being an employee is an honor to be working with the best of the best. The standards are set very high from doctors to housekeeping staff. It takes the best input from all staff to make a patient's stay as positive as possible.
Pros
The hospital continues to grow bigger and bigger to meet the demand for quality patient care.
Cons
Sometimes in the rapid growth, the "family" atmosphere can suffer in the short term.
Educational and fun workplace
Emergency Medicine Physician Scribe (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Amazing clinical experience and the ability to deepen acute decisions making skills. All staff communicated needs adequately.
Pros
Always complied with one break per shift
Cons
extened-long shifts
Taking Pride in my Work
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 23, 2015
A typical work day for me begins at 1:00pm, when I arrive at my office an hour and a half early in order to prepare for the 2nd shift employees coming in at 2:30pm. There are approximately 45 employees on my shift and I make it a point to interact with all of them at least once a day. Experience has taught me that multi tasking different responsibilities must include one on one interactions with the employees; in order to better manage their schedules, inspect their work, communicate any job related issues and implement any necessary training. I am constantly emphasizing to my employees for them to have pride in their work, which would in turn provide for a more productive operation. Maintaining a positive work environment is the most gratifying part of my job.
it was ok
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
busy environment, work hours were questionable, good benefits, competitive environment
Great Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work the people treated me with the upmost respect the patients where great too. I learned alot during my tenure there I learned some nursing assistant skills such as checking blood pressure and measuring urine. The cafeteria food was good too
Loved working there.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 21, 2014
Loved working at Methodist Willowbrook. Still miss my friends there. Would have stayed until retirement but my husband relocated to the Seabrook area and after 6 months of commuting 55 miles, I really wanted to find a job near our new home.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PostpartumApril 26, 2014
Great Environment. Competitive salary. Coworkers supportive. breastfeeding. The best part is breastfeeding teaching.
Productive and I enjoy what I do
Pharmacy Technician III, RPhT, CPhT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2014
Come in assist with answering telephones, send up missing doses, triage phone calls, get along well with co-workers, I have learned alot of the years, wonderful managemnet. The hardest part of my job is when a patient expired. I enjoy my job because I'm a part of dispensing medications to the nurses in order to keep the patient healthy.
Pros
Bonuses, recognition
Cons
short breaks
Mwh
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Busy Hospital. Administration is not always understanding. The shifts were very long and busy.
New Magnet Facility
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Problems with diversity. Magnet facility. Typical work day extremely busy with constant turnover in the Observation.
Pros
Good system to work for
Cons
Problems with diversity
Amazing Work Place
Patient Access Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2013
I love my position here at Methodist and would love to maintain a career here for many, many more years to come. If it weren't for moving out of state I would absolutely continue to be an employee here without question. This facility is amazing and full of caring employees that want to do right by each and every person that walks through the door. I give this hospital a 5 star rating because I do not have one complaint - period. I have enjoyed my term and position within this facility.
Pros
Amazing Company that Cares about its employees
Cons
Some employees dont appreciate all that is offered and can be negative
Fun relaxed, independent work enviroment
Jazzman's Café Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 28, 2013
Helping customers, providing outstanding customer service.
Pros
Independent work environment
great place to work
Registered Nurse II (PACU) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
a great place to work with
stable job security
co-workers like your family
Pros
accessible
Productive stayed busy gave a 100% and used my ICARE values at all times.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2013
I had a daily routine and sometimes would be called to do something different which was ok with me, change is good. I learned to deal with different types of people and that that is what you have to deal with in the working workforce these days. Management was good until they let the crew go and hired on a whole different Director and Supervisors. They are hired out from temp agencies first ones were through Sodexo and the new ones are from Aramark. The hardest part of the job was when I started there they had me doing the whole first floor by myself and after I got a routine down I was able to do it but it was very hard on me. The people appreciating me and what I did. Loved hearing everyone saying that I was doing a great job, etc.
Pros
We got bonuses for handwashing, and using the ICARE values.
Healing Environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2013
Greeting and assisting Patients throughout the facility in a professional manner. Assisting patients in alarming moments in a helpful and compassionate way.
Wonderful People
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Co-workers are awesome and welcoming, Management in my department is very unorganized and professionalism is non existent. Favoritism is a big issue. The work is overall very enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Co-workers, Patients
Cons
Short breaks, Lowest paid hospital in Houston
Great company to work for.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
Great management, compensation, work environment.This was my first time in a hospital setting.Transition was smooth.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Lead Anesthesia Tech II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2013
Been working for Methodist Hospital almost 13 years been a great place to work .
Pros
Quarterly bonus
Cons
No over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2