Methodist Willowbrook Hospital Employee Reviews

Benefits and compensation are not good
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
The workload does not match the pay. There are questionable people in leadership. Sometimes it can be a prejudice place to work. In five years, I ended up getting only seventy cent raise.
Pros
Descent company
Cons
Terrible pay
Educational and fun
Medical Assistant - Externship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
I loved being here for my extern hours. Everyone was very accommodating and were willing to let me fly without much supervision. Third shift was especially fun!
Pros
Nurses were very helpful
Cons
Not enough positions available
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
Work life Balance. Worrking is enjoyable and Great Work Life Balance. You can create your own schedule. Typical required weekends but you can create your schedule around those accommodations.
Not a bad place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
I worked night shift so the pace and the general feel of the place was much more relaxed, and there was a lot more camaraderie than is the norm.Tight budgets hamper proper operations.
Pros
Nice pace and feel.
Cons
Upper management is pretty tight with the $.
Senior Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
I was able to work with many different people and surgeons.Was able to mentor new employees and share information when I returned from an educational workshop.
Pros
Valued my talents and utilized my knowledge in a possitive mannor
Cons
Was not as flexible with my family life as I would have wanted.
Observation
Patient Care Technician ­ (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I was able to learn so many things and employees make you feel like family. I had to leave this place due to making more money.
Wonderful work experience
Medical Assistant/ Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work, safe environment. Friendly staff and nurses very nice and neat. Private hospital with lots of space for patients. Very glad to have worked there.
Beautiful hospital with a culture of caring both for patients and staff.
Service Quality Advocate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070November 24, 2016
Being an employee is an honor to be working with the best of the best. The standards are set very high from doctors to housekeeping staff. It takes the best input from all staff to make a patient's stay as positive as possible.
Pros
The hospital continues to grow bigger and bigger to meet the demand for quality patient care.
Cons
Sometimes in the rapid growth, the "family" atmosphere can suffer in the short term.
Educational and fun workplace
Emergency Medicine Physician Scribe (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2015
Amazing clinical experience and the ability to deepen acute decisions making skills. All staff communicated needs adequately.
Pros
Always complied with one break per shift
Cons
extened-long shifts
Taking Pride in my Work
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonJune 23, 2015
A typical work day for me begins at 1:00pm, when I arrive at my office an hour and a half early in order to prepare for the 2nd shift employees coming in at 2:30pm. There are approximately 45 employees on my shift and I make it a point to interact with all of them at least once a day. Experience has taught me that multi tasking different responsibilities must include one on one interactions with the employees; in order to better manage their schedules, inspect their work, communicate any job related issues and implement any necessary training. I am constantly emphasizing to my employees for them to have pride in their work, which would in turn provide for a more productive operation. Maintaining a positive work environment is the most gratifying part of my job.
it was ok
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
busy environment, work hours were questionable, good benefits, competitive environment
Great Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Great place to work the people treated me with the upmost respect the patients where great too. I learned alot during my tenure there I learned some nursing assistant skills such as checking blood pressure and measuring urine. The cafeteria food was good too
Loved working there.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 21, 2014
Loved working at Methodist Willowbrook. Still miss my friends there. Would have stayed until retirement but my husband relocated to the Seabrook area and after 6 months of commuting 55 miles, I really wanted to find a job near our new home.
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PostpartumApril 26, 2014
Great Environment. Competitive salary. Coworkers supportive. breastfeeding. The best part is breastfeeding teaching.
Productive and I enjoy what I do
Pharmacy Technician III, RPhT, CPhT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2014
Come in assist with answering telephones, send up missing doses, triage phone calls, get along well with co-workers, I have learned alot of the years, wonderful managemnet. The hardest part of my job is when a patient expired. I enjoy my job because I'm a part of dispensing medications to the nurses in order to keep the patient healthy.
Pros
Bonuses, recognition
Cons
short breaks
Mwh
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Busy Hospital. Administration is not always understanding. The shifts were very long and busy.
New Magnet Facility
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Problems with diversity. Magnet facility. Typical work day extremely busy with constant turnover in the Observation.
Pros
Good system to work for
Cons
Problems with diversity
Amazing Work Place
Patient Access Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2013
I love my position here at Methodist and would love to maintain a career here for many, many more years to come. If it weren't for moving out of state I would absolutely continue to be an employee here without question. This facility is amazing and full of caring employees that want to do right by each and every person that walks through the door. I give this hospital a 5 star rating because I do not have one complaint - period. I have enjoyed my term and position within this facility.
Pros
Amazing Company that Cares about its employees
Cons
Some employees dont appreciate all that is offered and can be negative
Fun relaxed, independent work enviroment
Jazzman's Café Cashier/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 28, 2013
Helping customers, providing outstanding customer service.
Pros
Independent work environment
great place to work
Registered Nurse II (PACU) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2013
a great place to work with
stable job security
co-workers like your family
Pros
accessible