Metl-Span Employee Reviews

Good Place
Production Supervisor/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 26, 2017
Good company. A lot of hours and hot, but worth it. Good production employee retention. Sorry I left. If I lived in the area, I would like to go back.
Fast pace and high demand job
Machine Operator II (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 16, 2017
Work usually begins with a poorly explained plan and schedule. There are many uncertainties of work hours and job placement day to day. The management does not communicate well with Supervisors or other employees. The culture of the place is relaxed on some days and serious the next. The hardest part of my job is being able to understand run orders and dealing with unconsistaint leadership. The most enjoyable part of my job has been the ability to learn several machines and safety practices. The levels of supervision creates issues do to several people in charge of same area with overlapping decisions being made daily.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
A mess of a work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 13, 2017
the company is ran by a idiotic plant manager with care for any employees personal lives. most of management doesn't know anything about everyday production, but the employees are good people and willing to help and teach.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
stress and bad pay
Friendly atmosphere and great people
ACCOUNTING SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Over the years, I got the opportunity to learn from and work with a wide range of people that helped to shape my work experience. I learned a lot form some really great people.
Exciting future for this company.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 19, 2015
Fast pace environment within the metal panel
industry. Excellent customer service, product and people. As part of NCI Group, Inc., It's dedication to create Great Building Solutions every day will guide them to continued and future success.
I enjoyed being an integral part of the team and success of Metl-Span. The people make it great.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Management training
horrible
Inventory Clerk/Cure Rack Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2015
only way to advance here is to be hispanic and friends with management. working hard, being on-time, going beyond your work duties mean nothing here. all family works here and they only care for those.
Pros
none but a paycheck
Cons
too many to list
Fast paced and great coworker
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 29, 2015
This is a very safe place to work. Even though there are long hours worked they take safety very seriously. The team is fun to get along with and intergetic. Production is fast passed. They build an interesting product.
High output production
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Mom and pop atmosphere. To much of a good old boy work environment. Hours are not consistent. Machines are old and under repair.
Pros
Compinsation
Cons
Hours, work force
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewesville,txDecember 22, 2014
It's fun to work in a warehouse where everybody knows what to do.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Midnight shift
Fun place to work
wrapper,Inspecter (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 12, 2014
Learned alot at Metl-Span, daily work was different according to work load. Great workers helpful, great supervisers
Pros
close to home
Good Management
Senior Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 30, 2014
There are a good intercommunication between personal, personal have a good safety culture.
Good relation with co-workers
I ready enjoy working there.
Pros
Company Provide free gatorate and fruit
Cons
Company often changes hands
Experience was much needed
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 13, 2014
A typical day at this job consisted of setting up your workplace before the start of every day. I Learned how to become a machine operator at this job. The management was not the best there because they hired managers/supervisors that didnt know much about this job specifically.
Pros
Worked Days
Cons
No Benefits
Marketing Assistant, Select Staffing (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Great place to work. Love the fast pace setting I was in. Learned more about marketing which I already have a background in however it was a different aspect of what I was used to. The company makes insulated metal panels which I have a background in construction however did not know much about insulated metal panels. Great learning experience.
Pros
Sometimes have free lunches
Horrible place to work
Foam head (Former Employee) –  Mattoon Illinois May 6, 2013
Employees are treated like dirt. They never tell you what time your going home. Was always told that we could be replaced no problem. Was told there were no raises that where gonna be given out. Management has no idea how to run the place. Most the employees are lookin for new job. Worse place I had ever worked
i dont have real high views of this company
foam head operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 16, 2013
seems like everyone workin there is looking for another job
Great place to be exposed to a wide variety of manufacturing processes.
Assistant Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 26, 2012
This was my first job out of college. It is a huge manufacturing facility that has welding, machining, heat treating and a multitude of manufacturing processes that aren't normally present in one location. It's a family owned and operated company full of great people. The co-workers were as much family as peers, I spent a lot of time with quite a few of them outside of work on a regular basis. The management couldn't be more flexible and were willing to work with anyone to accomodate almost all of the time. I loved it, I only left because I was presented with another opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
Pros
flexible schedules, great people, fun environment, loads of opportunity
Cons
nepotism hinders improvement at times
Steady place to work - high expectations
Customer Service/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 10, 2012
Great benefits, salary, high expectations to be exceeded here
Pros
great sales team
Cons
micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metl-Span. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9