Metokote Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 6, 2017
No structure or leadership. Supervisors are clueless on duties and responsibilities of the job and can't train. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Horrible place to work
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Nice place to work
Powder Coater (Former Employee) –  East Moline, IL 61244January 23, 2017
was a joy working there in 98. Everyone worked hard. Employees were rewarded for their hard work The line leaders were respectful and understanding and got right in there and worked with us.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
cant think of any
Good place to work but supervisor needs more leadership training
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, OHDecember 13, 2016
Supervisors have very little communication skills with the line workers. Will fire you for anything little. Job was easy but fast paced which isnt a problem.
Slavery
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHDecember 8, 2016
Very hard work. Management doesn't care about employees only numbers. They run good hard working people away who once loved to get up and go to there employment everyday. Doesn't listen to your opinion to maybe keep good workers. Work every weekend like all that matters in your life is working for them. The company workers on the line are great to work with its the management that sucks as a whole
Pros
Bonuses if they dont play you out of them
Cons
Dont play enough for the hard labor, mistreat their employees.
Job tasks were rewarding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peru, IL 61354December 8, 2016
Learned that you need to keep to yourself to be happy and productive. Management is management. Overall co-workers were friendly with the exception of consistently talking about others. The hardest part was staying out of the path of others who prefer to gossip about anyone. Job tasks were rewarding.
Pros
Trusted to do your job well without constant supervision.
Cons
Gossip, Lies and Distrust among many.
This place is an awful place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield Village, OHNovember 29, 2016
This place will work you until you die of exhaustion. You get two 15 min breaks, work for 10 hrs straight doing really hard labor. The managers make sure you know that you're replaceable. Not a long term job, just a heads up. Don't work hard for these people just use them and leave.
Pros
Leaving this place for good
Cons
None that i see im so much happier now
Horrible
Coating Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheffield Village, OHOctober 19, 2016
Horrible place to work. No way to excel in the business, low pay for the work thats done. Mandatory OT pretty much every weekend, meanwhile management gets to spend the weekend at home with their families. Very shady people in the higher tier level. - I know this first hand.
Pros
Free gatorade
Cons
Metokote
Horrible Place to Work wouldn't recommend to anyone
Line Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2016
I left another job that I had been at for 3 years to. One here. Because in the interview I was told as a Line Leader I could write my own check. I was 3rd shift Line Leader from May 2016 to August 2016 when I was threatened by a member of management with physical harm I immediately reported incident to HR my production manager and plant manager. After filing my complaint I was told to not come in for my next shift because I was now mysteriously on suspension for sleeping on the job while I was on Break. I felt so railroaded. HR took a statement from me 3 days after and then 1 hour after me giving my statement I was fired. I wouldn't recommend this lying backstopping company to anyone. Also my 3rd shift did better number for coating than it had done since the facility opened.
Pros
Some employees good people.
Cons
Shady work environment all management untrustworthy
not alot of fun
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILSeptember 8, 2016
This place was very dirty and really hot because of the ovens they have. I felt it was borderline unsafe. They replaced plant manager and the plant got even filthier.
Pros
break every two hours
Cons
working there
Several amazing employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 5, 2016
Majority of co-workers were very helpful and kind.
Typical day at work was entering payroll, assisting associates, filing,
entering accounting information, etc...
lazy people watching hard working people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILAugust 24, 2016
I've never seen a worse bunch of managers in my life. And if your not in their little group... forget it. Do what they say or we'll get someone that will. Don't care if your hot or tired just keep working.
Pros
there is none
Cons
They let you know daily your replacable
Line leader Hopkinsville Ky
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 21, 2016
Worst place ever to work! Management is horrible! They can't keep any good people. Currently looking for job elsewhere!
Cons
Unprofessional / unorganized to say the least
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  MemphisAugust 20, 2015
I helped open this facility in Memphis. One of the first of ten people there. I was initially suppose to be in a clerical position but when I started management placed me in a production role on the production floor. When I questioned why, I was reprimanded and told that I was acting like I was better then everyone else. Management and quality control took smoke breaks every 15 to 20 minutes and the plant manager knew but never corrected there actions. We had a meeting about taking breaks and the quality control manager said that he was SPECIAL and that he could take breaks whenever he wanted. Production workers had to clean the bathrooms behind management and quality control department. They didn't have to clean up at all! The job wasn't hard but people kept trying to make there self relevant causing disruption in getting the facility up and running. Don't waste your time working there. The turn over rate for this company is horrible. Since I left every position has had to be refilled except for the plant manager. There's always a token somewhere.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to name
Good place for exercise and hours
line worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 21, 2015
It was hard work, but it felt like exercise to me. Worked close with people all day which made it easy to have friends. Hours were great and made it easy to have plans.
Pros
Great hours for life plans
Cons
pay
Not a very good place to work
The line (Former Employee) –  Lebanon,TennesseeJanuary 21, 2015
It is like slave labor.I worked there approximately 2 and a half months at the Lebanon,Tennessee site.They had their little cliques and if you were not in their clique,you were doomed to failure.I worked as hard as anybody there,and was still let go.I believe it had to do with my age.I had to work for a lead woman who,after lunch,you didn't see her for the rest of the night because she was outside in her car with her lover,another woman.A very discriminatory environment,to say the least..
Pros
Pay
Cons
Discriminatory environment
Like a small family. Everyone cares about you as an individual.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 7, 2014
I love working at Metokote. The people are awesome! They ask how you and your family are doing and genuinely care about one another!
Pros
Good benefits, flexibility with shifts.
Productive workplace
material handler (Current Employee) –  sumter scJuly 29, 2014
I just currently starting working and gain alot of experience the work event is very friendly love working her and would like to move forward with company
Powder & E-coat
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioFebruary 18, 2014
This is a multi line job shop. There was always the potential to move to different areas depending on you knowledge level.
Well-managed, successful
Corporate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 31, 2013
I enjoyed my work at MetoKote. It was very fulfilling. I was able to experience working with several different countries through month-end consolidation and reconciliations.
Pros
The position was challenging, yet manageable.
Cons
In my department alone, there were ethical issues that I was not comfortable with.
slave labor
Line Leader- Drive shaft e-coat -wet spray (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHDecember 19, 2012
Dont do it run !!! Hard working people on the floor however the management team are money hungry turds.
Cons
all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metokote Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2