Metro Community Provider Network Employee Reviews

Productive with the community
Outreach and Enrollment Eligibility Technician (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 16, 2018
I interacted with the community on a daily basis assisting families get health care coverage. We provided information for public assistance medical care and insurance options.
Awesome company
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 17, 2017
Great bunch of people to work with and for. Work at your own pace and not micro managed, Supported by two great Admins who are willing to do anything for you. Management is as supportive as well.
Not much training
Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 7, 2017
I was brought on from being a director of childcare to be a supervisor in medical billing with no experience. I was told I would be trained however I was "trained" very quickly in two weeks on some of what my staff did. Then asked to start working on credential providers and working as if I had been there for 6 months or so. I tried to do what I could for 6 months and then asked to demote my self, which they allowed. I lasted another 6 months, but couldn't do it.
Community Healthcare
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 31, 2017
It was great to work for a company that takes care of the underserved. Usually the providers aren't that good in these types of places. However they had wonderful providers.
Pros
Providers and Staff
Good company
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 26, 2017
Great company to work for and work environment is fantastic! The population served is amazing. The management is wonderful and the only con I would have towards this company is advancement.
Very challenging work envirnoment
Staff Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2017
Very complex patients that provide invaluable medical experience but the biggest drawback is inadequate support staff. You will be your own secretary with little accountability from others ( not everyone but expectations are low). The buck stops with you. You must work very independently. Some patients are very grateful for everything you do and are very gracious. Some are very disrespectful and angry. Scheduling is very poor. Exposures to cultural diversity --that's great.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Working from home
Assisted client with discount program.
Financial Screener (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 1, 2017
A typical day at MCPN.
I would accept walk in clients for Clinic discount program. Problem solving with the State System.
Management there was alot of turn around with management.
Pros
I enjoyed working the the community
Cons
No chance of advancement
My first grown up job
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 8, 2017
This was my first medical assistant job. I completed my externship at this practice and was provided with experience from medical assistants that had been in the medical field for years.
Opportunity to be creative and work independantly, Minimal room for advanacement..
HIV Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 30, 2017
MCPN has been a wonderful place to work, MCPN's mission is amazing. There is plenty of opportunity to be creative and work independently. Pay is average, to under average. MCPN is growing in regards to specific programs and procedures, enabling internal processes and efficiency's to not always be streamlined.
work place
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 10, 2017
There is no team work. Managers tell you what to do and you can n ot refuse or you won't have a job. If a manager wants to get rid of you they will. they play employees against each other.
Pros
Pay, benifits
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 25, 2017
always working in a professional matter for our patients its always a benefit to work for a workplace that has a variety of places to expand your career .
Mcpn
Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 25, 2017
Great team to work with. This a federally qualified heath clinic.
Clients are multicultural, primarily Spainish speaking, uninsured or underinsured. Great service for clients. Excellent care provided
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
xx
Complainers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
I see a lot of reviews about bad management. I have been at MCPN for a while and I've seen a lot of change. While there are some managers that have no idea how to manage the majority are good. Many of the staff come unprepared, they dont understand that work is hard. Work is work. No one gets a free ride and if all you are going to do is complain and bring people down it is not the right place. If you want to do a good job, respect yourself and others it is the best place to work. I know this is true because people leave and then they want to come back.
Pros
good people, good patients
Cons
upper management is invisible
Staff are friendly
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80010November 5, 2016
There is no typical work day, each day brings different challenges. Company is very management heavy, while cutting back on back office staff and still expecting the same level of efficiency.
Poor company
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 28, 2016
Great patients but horrible management. This company is poorly organized. Also there is so much favoritism and discrimination. They will do everything to get you out if you are not part of the liked ones. If you express your concerns of poor treatment HR will do nothing. You will be sucked dry. Other team members are wonderful and truly care however you will not get anywhere further unless you pretend to like the directors or management. As a MA you will be pushed from provider to provider without any say. The expectations will be unrealistic.
Pros
support staff and patients great
Cons
Management awful and poorly organized
Fun, fast paced work space.
Medical Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 10, 2016
I loved working for this company. The managers are amazing & their benefits are amazing! Will definetly miss working here. The staff is treated with so much respect and the employees are also great!
Pros
Hour lunch, great benefits.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 8, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company however, there's alot of favoritism and unfairness. Managers aren't respectful and neither are the team leads. They treat the adults like they are children. It is very unorganized and none of the MA's have set providers and they're pulled all over the place. I would reccommend this place if you need experience however their is no growth here. The only way you can move up is if someone quits. There's also more time spent in the front than back office. If you dont mind being in the front office more than in the back office, this job may be for you.
Pros
-hour lunches -ccma is paid for -benefits
Cons
-management -unorganized -no room for growth
Excellent place to work with some great bosses and co-workers
Lead EHR Administrator and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 26, 2016
This is a growing company, who prioritizes patients. There have been some fantastic bosses, and great people to work with.
Run and run fast
All positions (Former Employee) –  All locationsJune 26, 2016
Extremely negative environment. This company needs a major over haul of their management and leadership team. You liked to be bullied come work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
where do I begin?
Productive work enviorment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 20, 2016
Great company to work for, very worthwhile in helping our non insured and under insure population. I started as a temp and the HR manager created a position to keep me, because of my take the ball and run with it attitude.
Cons
Location was to far for me to travel daily