METRO DENTALCARE Employee Reviews in United States

Great coworkers- not the best managment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 24, 2016
The coworkers I worked with were amazing and made it worth coming in to work. The doctor I worked for was different, he had is own rules. Didn't always make the most sense, but they mad the work feel very hostel and controlling.
Newer Dental Equipment
Licensed Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 7, 2015
It was different from day to day because the schedule varied so much. We could be super busy one day then so slow the next, the hardest part was keeping the doctor on time when we were busy. We didn't have enough rooms to be able to stay on schedule.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients.

It was hard to keep a positive attitude, they seemed to be more interested in opening more and more affiliate clinics then maintaining the ones they already had. And when review time came, there was always a reason why they couldn't give out raises that year.

I think that if they would focus more on the employee/employer relationship instead of how many clinics they could open, things might be better for the patients, employees and the employer.

From the time I started working until I left there have been 5 managers and a lot of turn over of other staff.
Pros
i was able to have some dental work done, and i was able to take time off easily if needed
Cons
not a good team working environment, there was never any good team building or inter office relationships, people always on edge about the next manager or staff member to come in, had a high turn over rate with managers and other staff
Productive dental clinic
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2014
Assisted the dentist chairside and scheduled patients fro their return visits when needed.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
a very coorporate feeling office.
Horriable
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MnFebruary 22, 2013
They tell you one thing when they hire you, but change your hours, make you travel don't appreciate you. Communication from management is horrible! Employees haven't gotten raises in years, medical is insanly high. The training program is a joke they expect you to know everything and just throw you in. No reviews to see where your progress is at 90 days etc. worst mistake I've ever made. This is also the same company American dental partners.
Pros
free dental
Cons
communication, no raises, medical insurance is horrible.
Busy
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MNDecember 29, 2012
Can be a very busy place with some challenges. The people you work with are the best and make the place fun. The supporting management team could be a little better.
Not a good experience
LDA (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNDecember 14, 2012
Lower pay and worse benefits than a private practice. The dentists I worked for were so production driven they didn't care about the patients or the assistants. They just waited for us to make a mistake so they could run to the office manager and complain. Horrible management from the office managers, in a 6 month period my office went through 5 assistants and 2 office managers.
Pros
some ce's were provided
Cons
overworked, underpaid, a feeling of no job security
Review
Flex Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  inver grove heightsJuly 11, 2012
The company seems like a good place to work, however, i wasn't satisfied with my hours and their training program.
Run employees like robots
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNJune 21, 2012
This company has completely gone down the tubes. They used to be a friendly, family owned company that turned into a giant corporate monster. It is all about commission. Hygienists are paid on comission - the more expensive the services for the patient, the more money they make. Same for the dentists. Hygienists no longer get vacation pay, holiday pay, funeral pay. Health benefits are hugely expensive as well. No paid breaks.

1.9