Metro Diner Employee Reviews

Messed up worked place
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2017
So i just started working there around November and I thought I was doing awesome . Well December rolled around and I still was doing good . Well they told me I needed resign because of a Yelp review that was totally false. They rather keep people their that are on drugs never on time and always leaving without doing something instead of someone who was always on time had customer's come in just to see them and always doing what they are suppose to be doing. Plus I heard they are cutting hrs
Great Pay, no hours
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 4, 2017
All the people are fun, the company is legit and the training is competitive. They really are good at making sure you have everything to get the job done. The only thing I'd say is yeah, they give you $13 an hour or so starting out as a line cook but I don't get my guaranteed full time hours that I need.
Awful place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brooklawn, NJNovember 26, 2017
This place is a joke. They cater to all the drug addicts that work there.they don't care about the people who work hard show up on time and never call out but if you are on drugs you can take a nap get the f___k out of here never in my life have seen such poor management and would definitely not recommend to anyone i know. And the place is full of roaches! !!!!!
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
They are awful
Fast-paced and busy, but just not enough
Busser (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 25, 2017
Metro Diner is a great place to work, but as a busser, it sometimes feels like not enough money is being made. Schedule preferences are sometimes ignored and schedule can be inconsistent, but schedule issues are rare. Friendly people and flexible work environment. Not too demanding.
Great place to work.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2017
It’s a restaurant. It’s hectic. The guests can get rude. The hours are not always great. But it’s an incredible environment to work in. You feel like family and the management always has your back.
Pros
Free meal per shift for BOH employees. 50% off per shift for FOH.
Cons
Little/no breaks. Things can get frustrating.
Would be better if they didn't show favortism
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 20, 2017
Would've been better without the favortism and would have been nice to see recognition for going above and beyond our job title with maybe a raise or more hours!
And would have been better if they had certain managers re-trained before they got their promotions.
Pros
Free lunch for back of house
Cons
No breaks, no health, they lie to you to get you to do more. Managers don't know enough to be managing.
Metro Diner
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2017
I worked at Metro Diner for 7 years. It is not a bad place to work as far food service jobs go. I ended up making a 40k salary as a manager. It was stressful but I've had much worse jobs. When I started there was one store and now there are hundreds all over the US. A good opportunity for cooks and servers to becoming training coordinators/ managers and other salary position can be found with quickly expanding companies such as this.
Pros
Benefits, eventual paid vacation
Cons
Stress and Quality of life
I like working for Metro Diner
COOK/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2017
the environment at Metro Diner is fast paced on busy days. What I enjoyed most about metro is that it gave me a outlet for all this energy I have. There was nothing really hard, but I think that working as a cook you have a lot to learn in order to be a beneficial member to the company.
Pros
the make sure they feed you!!!
Cons
dont sign up if the resturant business isnt where you want to be.
Fast paced and always busy
Cook/Board (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work, great food, very fast paced. Great management and co-workers, was a great environment to be apart of, if it was not a temp position I would have stayed for years to come.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
Good place to work but you may need a second job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at Metro Diner it was just the misleading promises of a raise and other unnecessary self-sought obligations.
They offer absolutely no overtime and glorify the employees with little to no experience; I just felt this was not the environment for a person such as myself.
However, it's a decent job and the managers are Okay folks.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
No Overtime. Unnecessary performance tasks for an Afro-American to receive a raise.
A fun and energized environment.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2017
Everyone is nice and lively. And the managers are understanding and treat you more like a friend than an employee. Some days things are fast past, other days just calm and relaxed. 10/10 would recommend working there.
Pros
You get 25% off meals. The food is pretty cheap so you'd spend no more than 9 dollars.
Cons
Some customers can be rude and overall nasty. So it'll kinda ruin your mood.
Not the best
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2017
Metro Diner is one of those jobs to start you out there and get the experience I loved it as a first job but I wanted more of a professional environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 9, 2017
Metro was a very good work place and also a very good work experience for me ! I was just a dishwasher there and I liked it ! If I was working there temporarily then I would have still been working there !
Nice place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 8, 2017
Working as a dishwasher requires you to be fast. You have to pay attention to what your doing and get the dishes done as quickly as possible. only bad thing about it is that your the last crew to leave the facility.
Super high energy fast pace friendly diner with an amazing culture that attracts the locals
Expo (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074October 4, 2017
Metro Diner is an amazing place to work. the management is terrific and we have a large clientele of local guests who come in regularly. I have more experience serving but for the time being I am an Expo. I come in and I Bump, meaning I communicate with the cooks and stare at the ticket screen to make sure all the food goes to their table correctly.
Pros
[Expo] Free Food
Cons
[Expo] No tips
Fun fast-paced diner with a team that works as a family
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 4, 2017
Metro Diner was my first job ever, and it was the best first experience I could ask for. Everyone that worked their was a family, and worked within the Metro Diner Way, which really helped business run. The guests were our friends, and our regulars were like family. It was a wonderful place to work.
Pros
fun people, good hours
Cons
low pay if on tip share
Favortism
Grill Cook/Board (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 1, 2017
They favor people with no real job skills. I worked hard and received nothing but a time shirt. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Go to McDonald's
Great for guests, not for employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 24, 2017
Management is not supportive and is condescending. No positive reinforcement, very negative. Good employees want to quit because of the management. Comments about guests are rude, like "we don't care if he comes back" and when guests have gotten hurt on the property, the management is uncaring and unprofessional. Side work is going beyond "20% of shift" being paid $2.13 hr, which is against state law.
Pros
Flexible with your schedule
Cons
Poor management. They dont care about employees.
Really wonderful company
Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Odd start. The training was brutal, but we were part of the original crew of opening a new store. After getting acclimated to the environment, I began to realize that management and upper level really do care for their employees. There is no favoritism. Everyone is treated the same, as long as you respect and make that commitment. You may work some long hours, but you always get a break and the schedule is fair. I have to say, I'm glad I endured through the boot camp of training and the uncertainty of whether I should stay or not. I'm glad I stayed.
Pros
loyal management, fast paced, money to be made, no favoritism
Cons
you may have long hours without eating, but bring your lunch and employ survival skills
Every Job has its ups and downs
Lead Server/Trainer/FOH key (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
I love the guest contact this job holds. The people you meet are truly wonderful!!! It's fast paced and profitable as long as you work hard and are dedicated to your position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Diner. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7