Metro Health Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I love working for Metro Health.
Unit Secretary/CNA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2016
I love working for Metro Health because they help people of every walk of life. The residents are not so concerned with being RICH but taking care of patients. You also can move around and get higher education if you like.
Pros
Vacation Days
Cons
Sick Days you get punished if you us them.
Productice and professional environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2016
You interact a lot with pts and you come across some that are very pleasant and some that are not. Every one works together as a team and its a peaceful enviroment.
Pros
Lunch Break
Pay is not competetive and annual raises are low....
Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 28, 2016
Even if I work my hardest and reached the higher percentage raise on the pay scale, the scale itself maxes out at 1-2.5% every year.

However, they want to keep you away from the highest score in order to give you something to work for in the future.

A measly 2 percent increase in pay does not do much to encourage or change employee behavior, including motivate anyone to work harder.
productive work week
STUDENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2016
being to work on time learning how to adjust to certain task daily, working with others,never really have any problems,i stay enjoying my customers.
family filled environment with co workers
Boss/Supervisor-Joseph George (Current Employee) –  2500 metro health driveJune 25, 2016
Not too hard work, easy to do but terrible scheduling and terrible shift rotation. overall manageable work load. And its easy to get along with the staff.
Pros
Unlimited access to the gym and work out facility.
Cons
short breaks, terrible management, ridiculous hours and scheduling.
Great Facility, Awesome care and staff
Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 21, 2016
Typical day, coming in at 6:30am receiving a overview of the entire floor and getting report from the staff whom patients would will be taking care of for the day. Retrieving vitals signs, bathing, toiling patients, setting up tray for food. Ambulating a patient if necessary. Hardest part of the job, when a patient passes away. Most enjoyable part of the job is watching a very ill patient come back to life and feeling back to their self and thanking you for taking care of them.
Organized environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed being able to help those who came to the office; being able to keep files organized and keeping the lobby clean.
A great work load to help organize and guild people in metro health
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2016
Everyone tried to move as one unit , and also tried keep a steady flow of those people who need our help combined with computer log-in of new workers.
Pros
Good lunch break, friendly staff
Productive very busy
Customer Support Partner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2016
I enjoy working at Metro Health Hospital it was nice place to work learning different areas of the hospital an meeting people I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Benefits raises
Cons
Nothing to say.
Housekeeping , cleaning exam rooms , bathrooms , lobbys
Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMay 18, 2016
This is the best place i have worked at , i am very organized , clean ,on time , their is no hard part to my job, and i enjoy when i am told good things about my hard work.
operating room circulating nurse
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIApril 11, 2016
Job duties include but are not limited too: assess patient's readiness for surgery, escort patient to OR, assist anesthesia team with induction of anesthesia, position patient, assure safety of operating room, patient and staff. Heavy lifting is required, routinely lifting over 100lbs daily. Excellent support staff. Management with open door policy and easy to approach.
Pros
routine breaks
Cons
weekends and on-call
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. The job was fast paced and taught me a lot. The coworkers were very friendly, and my boss was easy to talk to.
Productive and Great Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 1, 2016
Work started at 7:30 and you received an hour lunch. Got excellent experience working for 5 different specialties. Co-workers and managers very friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Healthcare, enjoyable work environment
Cons
N/A
Petty immature workplcae
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 24, 2016
The director is uneducated and is going to make the company fell. She doesn't follow any work laws. She make up laws according to her feelings at the moment.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
Director
Enjoyable staff and excellent management
Emergency Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2016
The emergency department has been the best experience I have had at any hospital. I would recommend Metro to anyone who wants to work in an upbeat, positive, and enjoyable environment.
Valuable experience, inexperienced manager
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 3, 2016
Training classes are very poor. Department manager was new to the role and very inexperienced. Poor communication within department. Received little to no support from supervisor for issues. Was consistently told that position was going to be made full time, was consistently given excuses as to why it wasn't. Overall, the experience was valuable, however there were very many speed bumps along the way.
Pros
Mostly nice people
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, inexperienced manager
good corporate atmosphere
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJanuary 31, 2016
metro was a good pace to work. management operated with integrity and was aproachable. the hard part was work/life balance with the on call requirement for the social work dept.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I've only worked here a short period of time because I a temporary employee, but in the short time I did work here everyone was awesome
smart, fast paced
Patient Care Technician/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 21, 2016
Loved the job and coworkers. Very fast paced office and wonderful environment. Learned a ton about urban culture and managing many levels of care.
Sum
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIDecember 21, 2015
All I did wash dish wash and clean the kitchen. It was a good job. The company gave me hours and treated me right. Management was good and workers were good the hardest part of the job was that it was time consuming. The most enjoyable part was the the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Health Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.