Metro Health Hospital Employee Reviews

unfair practices
Referral Office Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2017
I only worked there a short time. The work culture caters to people who are white. I enjoyed the work and the patients but the co-workers are cut throat and favoritism plays a factor.
Pros
you could combine lunch and break times
Cons
only white people advance in the workplace
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 11, 2017
I was there for a short period of time doing an internship. I enjoyed my time there getting to know the work environment and people. A very nice atmosphere at this facility.
Customer Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2017
I loved working for metro health hospital. I had a great boss in the float pool who was very flexible with me and my schedule. Wish i could have stayed longer.
Cons
Bad scheduler at times
Friendly environment to work in
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2017
Knowing that I am able to help our patients is very rewarding! Management is great, and the physicians I work for are very caring. I have been a patient here before I started to work here and I felt the care.
great place to work
Laboratory- Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIMay 8, 2017
Great place to work with exceptional staff. I enjoyed every bit of my time their. I would not changed a thing from my time their and the staff that I worked with.
i did enjoy my job at Metro,
LEAD DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2017
I did enjoy my job at metro, it was exciting working in the clinics and working with patients, I learned how to truly a hospital needs to function to help its patients.
job discription
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIApril 10, 2017
The company is a fine place to work for except they have a lot of rules. They are very strict about personal appearance and work attire. I work resource and do not have any complaints about the work.
Pros
decent work, nice co workers
Supervisor of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 29, 2017
Great People to work with. Good benefits, enjoyed the work I was doing. Work go back if there was a job available. Very enjoyable place to work for anyone.
Love working with multi specialty providers, lovethe patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2017
Typical day at work, is pretty much busy, if you have time to stand around and talk then you aren't doing something that needs to be done. Learned so much from daily duties that class doesn't explain. It can be pretty tiring but the benefits of helping others makes it worth it. As Medical assistant you have a lot of duties and tasks not to demean nursing staff but they are not loaded down with half the duties as the MA's. If you don't like to work, or want to just sit and watch FB this is not the place for you
Pros
union benefits, decent raises, experience in a multitude of specialties or you can work in one field
Cons
not all offices give you a full hour for lunch, some you have to pay parking fees
Patient Care
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 19, 2017
I have learned so much at Metro about providing the best, quality care for patients and families. Advocating for the patient is high priority at the hospital.
Pros
Good benefits

Want to know more about Metro Health Hospital?

Ask a question
not to great to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 16, 2017
This company treats its employees awfully. They hand write ups out like they are going out of style. There is no trust and this is not a team atmosphere.
many locations able to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIMarch 8, 2017
Under staffed and needs more people but otherwise it was a nice place to work as well. No real advancement opportunities but many areas to work and help out.
It is a great place to work which wonderful relationships are made.
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 7, 2017
I am actually a contracted employee thought another company, and that is the main "overall rating". While working here I have been blessed to meet some great people who make me smile every time I see them. It really makes you feel better to come into work each day. I have learned a great deal and I would like to build on that knowledge either here or someplace else.
Pros
A lot of great people
Cons
Too much uncertain hours
Bigger Corporation that does Not care about there Employees
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I worked in Cash for 4 years. Loved it at first, then realized just how much they do not care about there Employee's. All they care about is if they are making money! You will get drama/gossip anywhere you go, but this was the Worst! Very clicky as well. I could go on and on.....
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, Just about Everything
Trauma Specialty Hospital
Referral Office Liaison, Surgery Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2017
MetroHealth is great trauma hospital. The diversity in the workplace was a plus, but for hourly employees the swiping in and out can be cumbersome and being one minute late could cost you a point, which easily add up. There is no flex time, which is a bonus to many employees with families.
Pros
Great Trauma Hospital
Cons
Swiping timeclock, point system, high turnover
Fast Food
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIFebruary 1, 2017
It was an okay experience. I worked there for six years on the night shift and sometimes other shifts if I was called. My managers made the experience better. They appreciated us and treated their employees like human beings.
Very Productive and Informative
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 18, 2017
I volunteered at Metro Hospital to gain experience in a field I was once interested in. I am no longer pursuing a career in physical therapy, but it was still a great experience. I was able to work with the patients hands on and all my mentors were very helpful and informative about my career path.
Pros
free lunch, breaks every couple hours
Cons
n/a
Management Services Organization
Super. of Mcd & Coll. Staff, Infor Syst Ah. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 1, 2017
I enjoyed my work, but the culture was not always the best. My co-workers were great to work with, however we didn't have much contact with customers other than the physicians who contracted us to provided services to them.
I enjoyed working with the employees of the contracted physicians to resolve systems issues.
Very nice place. Hard workers. Professional
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIDecember 31, 2016
Metro Hospital is a clean, professional place to work. Very business and patient oriented. I have enjoyed many of the patients and staff there, and have learned a lot through my experiences there.
loved volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  wyoming, miDecember 30, 2016
people were awesome treated me great

loved the work environment but it was volunteering and there were no permanent jobs available so I went somewhere else but I would love to go back if something opens up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Health Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.