Metro Health Hospital Employee Reviews

Treats you like family!
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIAugust 24, 2015
Metro Heath Hospital is the new leader in Health Care, yet they remain the "small town" feel, where the patient still feels valued as an individual rather than a number. This same feeling is carried over to staff. Staff has longevity at Metro and becomes like family. Highly recommend Metro!
great start
customer care partner (Former Employee), Clevelan OhioAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great start for me for training and exoericence
Cons: The hours
I very good place to get good training and job opportunities. I found the staff to be caring and love to provide a family atmosphere. You start the shift with getting report. After report is when I would start going around and do vital signs and see how the patient was doing. This is how the bonding start by getting to know them, which for me was the most enjoyable part. I found the management to be fair. It was a benefit for me to be able to go to my supervisor with job and personal problems and After relocating to another state they were helpful in helping me get my new job.
Productive workplace
Medical team Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: working third shift
Very up beat hospital, Great staff, loved my job and the people, This job has taught me a lot of different things and I am thankful for that.
Casual work-environment with fun, welcoming employees.
Internship Student (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIJuly 8, 2015
A typical day at Metro Health in the Performance Improvement department is very easy going. Typically, we have a couple of meetings throughout the day that my co-worker and I attend with our director. We make copies of action plans and process maps for each meeting, and we take notes and review them with our director. If there aren't any meetings, I work on my projects for school which consist of interviewing individuals from each department and writing a paper.
it wa an great envoirment to work for
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2015
Pros: learning my way aroung Metro Health Hosptial
Cons: n/a
When I worked at Metro Health for the summer Y.O.U. Program it was a great experience and I was put in to help as a logistics. My co-workers helped me really well and took me step by step, to pick-up, deliver, mail. Everyone in that area was so helpful and ncice.
Productive out going work place where I can grow a an Mammographer/Radiologic Technologist
Internship (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 16, 2015
My experience as a Mammographic Technologist at Metro Hospital was extensive and I learned to be the best that I can be . I don't want to be an average Mammographic Technologist I want to be a great Mammographic technologist where I give 110 percent at all times.
Good Environment to learn
Clinical Nurse- Express Care (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: Not enough staff
Express care is very busy with a vast variety of patients, so there is never a dull moment. I have learned lots on a large scale of illnesses. The hardest part of the job is working understaffed.
Internship
Sterile Processing Technician Internship (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: great learning experince and friendly people
Cons: limited shifts in my field
I interned at Metro Health in the Sterile Processing Department, overall I had a good experience working at Metro. I learned a lot and was able to really get the experience that I needed while I was there. I was offered a job on a shift that I couldn't work due to family obligations, but wouldn't hesitate to take a job working for Metro given the shift I needed.
Seemed disorganized with different operations depending on who you were asking that day.
Billing Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Director Of My Department Very Nice & Approachable.
Cons: All other employees in my department hard to engage with.
Not a very strong training program and very poor support from superiors.

Very difficult to determine who you reported to.
Up beat / fast pace atmosphere
Lead Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Wyoming michiganMarch 19, 2015
Pros: clean, great food, nice people
Cons: to many contractors so everyone doesn't get great benefits
I loved working at Metro. This place was filled with up beat smiling faces. When i came to work in my department directly it ran as a family. Everyone looking out for one another. The hospital was always very clean and lively.
I loved working for Metro Health
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Wayland, MIMarch 9, 2015
I learned a lot while working for Metro Health.
The office staff, nurses and physicians are a great, very professional and caring team.
The company culture is excellent...
Billing and Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIFebruary 9, 2015
My co-workers make it enjoyable to go to work every day. There are many differences in each department regarding policies so opinions may vary.
nice place to work
Intern (Current Employee), MIDecember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
I learnt a lot working here, there is a friendly atmosphere and being a smaller hospital, you get to know almost everyone.
Computer Tomography Technologist (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIDecember 22, 2014
Great management
Fun place to learn and work in healthcare.
Fast pace and rewarding.
Very skilled professionals that also care about their employees
Referral Office Liaison (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, great company
Cons: short lunches
A typical worked was very laid back.
I've learned that having prior knowledge of EPIC can really help you.
Management was very kind, respectable, and has an open door policy
I honestly had the best co-workers, always will to help when needed.
The hardest part about for me was having to leaving this position due to unforeseen medical issues during pregnancy
I enjoyed everything about this position
Not a friendly work environment
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Wyoming, MINovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unwilling to work with employees, yet expect perfection, long hours, and working understaffed from you
Checking in patients, maintaining electronic medical records, insurance verification.
productive and fun workplace
Jonna Hunter-Lux, Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: co -workers we're friendly
I love this Job. The co- workers and patients we're very friendly. Everyone great attitudes help me make it through each day. Your co-worker showed great interest in your concerns.
Ok place to work to earn experience
Certified Medical Assistant-current (Current Employee), Cascade, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pay scale is not comparable to other health organizations.
Wonderful place to work. Metro puts their patients first.
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits, wellness of employees, training available.
Cons: .
Review accounts and determine reason for denial. Wonderful place to work
Love it