Metro Industrial

Metro Industrial Employee Reviews

THEY TRY TO FIND THE BEST JOBS FOR ME.'
BUILDER (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 21, 2015
METRO WAS/IS THE BEST AT FINDING THE BEST JOBS. THEY ACTUALLY LOOK IN ALL RESOURCES TO FIND A JOB THAT YOU'RE SUITABLE FOR. THEY ARE NICE, AND PROFESSIONAL. THE SUPPORT TEAM AT METRO IS VERY ATTENTIVE WHEN THEY ARE TALKING TO YOU AND WILL EVEN CALL WHEN SOMETHING BECOME AVAILABLE.
Pros
THEY CHECK THE JOB LIST AND COMPARE IT TO THE LIST OF POTENTIAL WORKERS.
Cons
NOT LONG TERM EMPLOYMENT BUT I HAVE TO WORK SOMEWHERE
Metro will not protect their employees
Temp (Former Employee) –  DyersburgSeptember 1, 2015
I worked for them for three months. During that time I never had a complaint. I never missed work. Only left once due to health reasons. No one ever counseled me on any type of behavior. I asked often if every was ok. Then suddenly the assignment ended due to behavior. No explaination. I felt as if I was an indentured servant with no labor laws to protect me. I was told to except it. I told her I don't. They should asked for an explanation. This happened all in one day with no warning.
Pros
Cons
No representation
false drug test
applicant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TnAugust 15, 2015
They said I failed the drug test but I went to a clinic right after and passed. I informed them of this and bought the test back in less than 30 minutes and they were cold. They made no acknowledgement of the possibility their test could be wrong. I left, went to another temp, PASSED the drug test and found a job.
Productuve and strong work ethics
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, TNMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Metro Industrial. There is nothing better than helping someone find a job. It's very hard out in the real world and you always want to make sure someone feels welcome and that they do matter and need a job. I've learned never judge a book by it's cover. I have also learned in this business to read people. I got along with all of my co-workers and considered them as family. I'd say the hardest part of the job is having to end a persons assignment.
not a safe place to work. no job security
low budget security (Former Employee) –  norcrossApril 2, 2015
I would not recommend this job to no one unless you are at your last are just do not have anything to do. It's not kept up.You work outside and have to use a porter pot which is filthy and dangerous. It need to be an armed post after hours.
Pros
eat at your own time no supervision and the only one on shift overnight
Cons
you get charged everytime you get paid to use paycard
job security
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMarch 30, 2015
they find you work when u are unemployed and they have job security and the places they send you are very productive thats a positive asset
Pros
pay u for your lunch break
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNMarch 16, 2015
Metro Industrial provides a great service to people who are seeking stable, full-time (after temp period) employment. Overall, a good company to work with/for.
DO NOT PAY ENOUGH FOR THE HOURS YOU HAVE TO WORK
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
This company puts your to work quick but you are working 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day. making 8.00 an hour no benefits and your a temporary and you can't get hired on full time until your there a year.
productive & fun place to work & also a wonderful supervisor
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
basically just a ten hour shift full of cleaning, my supervisor was wonderful i honestly could not ask for a better man for the job, my co-workers seemed to be good people & i feel like i made friends with most of them, really wasn't a hard part to the job besides being outside in the freezing weather doing trash, the only downfall with a temp service is you never know when your assignment will end & its not always your fault
Pros
15 min breaks & 1 hour for lunch.. wonderful supervisor with some great co-workers
Cons
pay was only 8.25
hard work extremely low pay
building and grounds (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNNovember 6, 2014
did enjoy work but not compensation, I did everything asked of but when I asked for more money I was denied m,y request so I figured me and my family need more then eight fifty an hour so I quit.
Pros
outside work
Cons
little pay
temporary job placement
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 4, 2014
I worked at Hillshire through Metro. I worked just liked every other employee, which included 2 day oreintation and training.
nice place
Material Handler-machine operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 12, 2014
good place to work. find u jobs and management was good. learned different jobs. The hardest part of job was co workers.
good people to work for but slow about finding new assignments
inprocess freezer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 12, 2014
at first it didnt take them long to find me a job but i was let go in july 2013 for personal reasons and they have not yet to find me another job
Pros
n/a
Unstable working environement
Area Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 8, 2014
The atmosphere was very unpredictable and confusing at best. During my training, I was expected to perform duties as an HR Manager and Area Business Development Manager. We relocated three time during the course of my training, which created an unstable environment. Client's needs were not properly calibrated nor were future employees recruitment policies productive for the staffing agency.
Pros
new expansion into atlanta
Cons
unstable working environment
Organizing freight
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAMay 4, 2014
It was a great experience working with the company. Unfortunately, it was a temp job
not good
appied for temp job with company (Former Employee) –  mcminvilleFebruary 2, 2014
the place only will hire certain people the staff are nice but they choose who they want to place on jobs and who don't ive been trying for 9 months to get work with them they always claim they don't have anything even though they have ads and other workers tell me there hiring people like crazy but they choose who they want give the jobs to .
Pros
nice staff
Cons
chose who they want and dont instead hiring everyone that can work and pass the drug test
Productive workplace with extrordinary workers. Great environment that offers opportunities for career advancement.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, TNJanuary 2, 2014
I currently work for Metro Industrial in the McMinnville branch. It's going on two years since I've been employed with this company and all I can say is; I'm blessed with co-workers who strive and work hard to achieve goals. This company not only gives many opportunities to grow but puts your family first as well. We focus on success and second chances. No matter what you have been through in the past, today is a new day to start a new career with our company.
Pros
christian based company, great people, awesome environment, there is no i in team.
Cons
insurance
Metro Industrial is a wonderful Company.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manchester OfficeDecember 30, 2013
I have been working with Metro for a year. I enjoy coming to work each day not only because my job is personally rewarding to me but I also enjoy working with my Co-workers. I am constantly being challenged to be better and do better. I enjoy working for a company that has strong work ethics, yet understands we all have families.
Pros
competitive pay, good benifits, family oriented, professional, good communication between management and staff, trustworthy, management open to new ideas, room to grow within the company
Cons
healthcare pricing
The above and beyond staffing company~
Service Coordinatior (Current Employee) –  Sparta, TNDecember 30, 2013
Metro Industrial is a wonderful place to work! The staff are all friendly, fun-loving people. They are really and truly like one big family! As far as staffing companies go, Metro Industrial is elite. This company and its staff definitely go above and beyond for the their employees. Their goal is to set people up for success, not failure. They do an outstanding job at making success possible for everyone! If you are looking for a job, Metro Industrial should be your first and only choice! Hope to see you soon!
very unstable
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 11, 2013
paychecks were messed up...management was not truthful with employees