Metro Industrial Employee Reviews

A very satisfying job
On Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Metro. There was something new everyday. Whether it was new employees or new jobs to fill. Every office was like a small family.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not enough help
Nice place to work
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Nice place to work. Many employees there, always plenty of work to be done. That made it enjoyable, there was no standing around. Always something to be done. The company fell into bankruptcy and could not support all of the workers, so they had to downsize. They even helped workers find other jobs! Most of employees had to find other employment.
Pros
Always work to be done
Cons
Company fell into bankruptcy
productive place to work, supervisors and co workers where very pleasant to work with, fast paste,
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TnJanuary 6, 2017
Very friendly work place, nice co workers, supervisor worked with you when you got sick or had kids that stuff going on. I would recommend.people to work for the company
Good experience
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 23, 2016
This job has been challenging but I have grown and gained many skills while working at Metro Industrial. This is a very fast paced work environment where you must stay fully engaged with your customers on a daily basis to provide the high quality of customer service that they need. I met this challenge head on and made it my priority to bring my office numbers to above average staffing.
Rude
Worker (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 4, 2015
The management is Rude and they mess payroll up to where you end up having to pay money back that youve never seen and are now trying to file a civil suit against me if I don't pay them money. They also forgot to give me one of my checks when I first started. The ladies were just sitting behind they're desk laughing at me. I don't recommend this place .
Pros
Got me a job
Cons
They're basically trying to get my fired from the job they got me .
They try to find the best jobs for me.'
BUILDER (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 21, 2015
Metro was/is the best at finding the best jobs. They actually look in all resources to find a job that you're suitable for. They are nice, and professional. The support team at metro is very attentive when they are talking to you and will even call when something become available.
Pros
THEY CHECK THE JOB LIST AND COMPARE IT TO THE LIST OF POTENTIAL WORKERS.
Cons
NOT LONG TERM EMPLOYMENT BUT I HAVE TO WORK SOMEWHERE
Metro will not protect their employees
Temp (Former Employee) –  DyersburgSeptember 1, 2015
I worked for them for three months. During that time I never had a complaint. I never missed work. Only left once due to health reasons. No one ever counseled me on any type of behavior. I asked often if every was ok. Then suddenly the assignment ended due to behavior. No explaination. I felt as if I was an indentured servant with no labor laws to protect me. I was told to except it. I told her I don't. They should asked for an explanation. This happened all in one day with no warning.
Pros
Cons
No representation
false drug test
applicant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TnAugust 15, 2015
They said I failed the drug test but I went to a clinic right after and passed. I informed them of this and bought the test back in less than 30 minutes and they were cold. They made no acknowledgement of the possibility their test could be wrong. I left, went to another temp, PASSED the drug test and found a job.
Productuve and strong work ethics
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winchester, TNMay 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Metro Industrial. There is nothing better than helping someone find a job. It's very hard out in the real world and you always want to make sure someone feels welcome and that they do matter and need a job. I've learned never judge a book by it's cover. I have also learned in this business to read people. I got along with all of my co-workers and considered them as family. I'd say the hardest part of the job is having to end a persons assignment.
not a safe place to work. no job security
low budget security (Former Employee) –  norcrossApril 2, 2015
I would not recommend this job to no one unless you are at your last are just do not have anything to do. It's not kept up.You work outside and have to use a porter pot which is filthy and dangerous. It need to be an armed post after hours.
Pros
eat at your own time no supervision and the only one on shift overnight
Cons
you get charged everytime you get paid to use paycard
job security
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMarch 30, 2015
they find you work when u are unemployed and they have job security and the places they send you are very productive thats a positive asset
Pros
pay u for your lunch break
Cons
Overall a good place to work
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, TNMarch 16, 2015
Metro Industrial provides a great service to people who are seeking stable, full-time (after temp period) employment. Overall, a good company to work with/for.
Do not pay enough for the hours you have to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNFebruary 9, 2015
This company puts your to work quick but you are working 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day. making 8.00 an hour no benefits and your a temporary and you can't get hired on full time until your there a year.
productive & fun place to work & also a wonderful supervisor
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
basically just a ten hour shift full of cleaning, my supervisor was wonderful i honestly could not ask for a better man for the job, my co-workers seemed to be good people & i feel like i made friends with most of them, really wasn't a hard part to the job besides being outside in the freezing weather doing trash, the only downfall with a temp service is you never know when your assignment will end & its not always your fault
Pros
15 min breaks & 1 hour for lunch.. wonderful supervisor with some great co-workers
Cons
pay was only 8.25
hard work extremely low pay
building and grounds (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNNovember 6, 2014
did enjoy work but not compensation, I did everything asked of but when I asked for more money I was denied m,y request so I figured me and my family need more then eight fifty an hour so I quit.
Pros
outside work
Cons
little pay
temporary job placement
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 4, 2014
I worked at Hillshire through Metro. I worked just liked every other employee, which included 2 day oreintation and training.
nice place
Material Handler-machine operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNAugust 12, 2014
good place to work. find u jobs and management was good. learned different jobs. The hardest part of job was co workers.
good people to work for but slow about finding new assignments
inprocess freezer (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 12, 2014
at first it didnt take them long to find me a job but i was let go in july 2013 for personal reasons and they have not yet to find me another job
Pros
n/a
Unstable working environement
Area Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 8, 2014
The atmosphere was very unpredictable and confusing at best. During my training, I was expected to perform duties as an HR Manager and Area Business Development Manager. We relocated three time during the course of my training, which created an unstable environment. Client's needs were not properly calibrated nor were future employees recruitment policies productive for the staffing agency.
Pros
New expansion into Atlanta
Cons
Unstable working environment
Organizing freight
Forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAMay 4, 2014
It was a great experience working with the company. Unfortunately, it was a temp job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Industrial. Our community is ready to answer.