Metro One Loss Prevention Services Group Employee Reviews

Not a stressful job.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2018
Workplace culture was very conducive with a relaxing environment. Very cordial relationship with management and fellow security guards. The hardest part was getting to work at 6.am but was able to make without being late ever for the past 2 years that I have been on post. Enjoyed the warm relationship with management and fellow workers.
Desperate people work here
Guard (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Only go to this company if you are broke .no vacation no benefits no direct deposit .no raises sometimes they cut your salary plus you can be fired in a minute. If there's a problem .
Pros
Get paid
Cons
No benefits
Very poor management, and unethical protocol policies.
Security Guard doorman (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 30, 2017
I thought this would be a great place to get some experience as a guard but it's very Hectic working here. From the inconsistent work schedule to bad management from New York to Washington DC the office management team are horrible and everybody is unorganized and not on the same page. They dont have the proper training staff, they didn't even train me how to work my post, or protocol on what to do when and if you have a issue while on post. I had to basically learn it on my own by asking other guards from other companies, I wasn't trained coming in at all, also protocol is unethical, and they most definitely have bad communication skills at the office. Management in the Washington DC officer are laid back they aren't very welcoming, they give you the run around but always looking for you to work and they aren't always fair to us employees. Also The uniform policy isn't enforced, I have yet to receive my permanent guard card and I've been working for several months now. It's just poor management period the CEO needs to visit all locations to see what's going on with the employees and complaints and get the feedback from the guards and not the management officials.
Pros
Paid every week that's it.
Cons
Unorganized, No benefits, and no consistency. Shows favoritism
Good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
I had worked for metro one LPGS out in phoenix arizona. The ops manager out here is really friendly and always was available for the his guards day and night. All in all this company is a good one to work for.
Pros
Good pay, management
Bad place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 12, 2017
I am a current employee and when I was hired I was told I was hired for full time, come to find out its only part time 2 days a week. Also lied to me about my pay. Management has no idea what they are doing. Place is a horrible company, I have been in the security industry for over 12 years and never seen a company run like this. Pay is absolutely horrible, how do they expect a person to live on only working 2 days? I would not recommend this company to anyone who is in the security field.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Horrible place to work
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaNovember 10, 2017
My manager was horrible. He had a problem with me calling him to tell him I needed off to take my baby to the doctor. I tell you no lie I worked there for a month or less.
Pros
I was getting paid every week
Cons
They pay everyone at a different pay rate
Terrible company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
Bad company bad management. Bunch of laiers .they have a fake union to take your money fake union and mandatory not respect for the employees.the most terrible company in USA bad managers in the office very unprofessional and very nasty
Pros
Cons
Fake union bad paid always mistake in the paid
terrible place to work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
management had no clue what was going on at the sites. overall management was lacking. high expectations and poor management made this an extremely sifficult place to work.
Pros
Cons
almost everything you can think of
Meeting people of all backgrounds
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 23, 2017
As a retail Special Police Officer I get a change to see the good and the bad in the people that come in the store. Over all most are good and there does seems to be team players around there.
Pros
lunch any time you wants
Very good pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2017
Very good company,they are very understanding if you are a parent with small kids. The pay its great hard to find a better paying job.only bad thing it's no benefits at all.
Pros
Pay, scheduled
Cons
No benefits

Want to know more about Metro One Loss Prevention Services Group?

Ask a question
A Great way to start if you're trying to get into the security career
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 4, 2017
A day of work is okay depending on where the company puts you. they are inconsistent when it comes to keeping you in a site. they pay the same amount as the retail stores. So if home depot pays 9 an hour. that's how much you'll get.
Pros
Great beginner
Cons
Inconsistency
Terrible company
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2017
This company is only useful when you want to get your security license and get out. This is not a company where there's room for any advancement. They don't offer ANY kind of benefits. Dispatch can be rude. Management is TERRIBLE and inconsistent.There is a new group of management almost every 3-6 months.Also they always manage to cheat you out of your money if you work overtime. I wouldn't recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
They'll give you overtime
Cons
Pay discrepancies, poor management
Smh with this company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Started off good. To much bosses. Not professional at all. To much standing not enough breaks. It's retail not the embassy hmmmm
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Productive envionment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
This is a good job but the co workers take advantage of the beginners. One day I just came out the hospital from an surgery and they still ask me if I come in the next day they need coverage. even after I explain myself. They send u far and wide and can get you hurt with customers and just won't care.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
Meeting different people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2015
Helping people for those who need it. The pay wasn't all that good, and they try to work to death for the little money they paid you.
Pros
Weekly pay
productive and fun workplace
Head Guard (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 29, 2015
i learned how to keep customers safe and to prevent theft of merchandise. co-workers were very respectful.enjoyed being around people.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Not the best place to make money
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 5, 2015
It is extremely hard to find people who want to purchase the products they sell, although they do make it seem like their products are hot sellers. I would say that their sales training is still valuable.
Easy Going
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2014
Easy job. Lots of standing. You get enough breaks to be able to take a load off your feet.

I've only worked here a week or so but so far no complaints at all.

Just do what you're suppose to do and it will be an easy (although long) day.
Pros
Ability to take four breaks throughout a 8-10 hour day.
Cons
Being on your feet.
bad place
security guard (Former Employee) –  ozone park, nyOctober 23, 2014
Worst company i ever worked for i dont recommend anyone to this company it sucks
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
no health ins, no vac, no raise, poor management
Front Lobby interaction
Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
Lot of interaction with associates, visitors, and management.