Metro One LPSG Employee Reviews

productive. learn something new everyday.
Security Professional (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 18, 2017
Its hard when you see people stealing things and you cant do anything about it, that is the hardest part of the job. I like where I work and would be happy to move up.
Pros
learning
Cons
pay
Not a good place at all
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 21, 2017
If you can avoid the especially if you work in Westchester County and have to deal with the Yonkers office they are the worst. I asked to be removed from site because of site store managers constant harassment, I was removed like I asked but was not given another site or hours. Metro One management does not stick by their employees nor listens to their employees. If you ask for a raise they will tell you yes and never give you the raise, they say anything to keep you working. They need to listen to their employees more. You can only get in touch with them if they need you for something other than that office never picks up the phone.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor Management, low pay
metro one
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 1, 2017
they are very unprofessional
lack of management
doesnt pay enough for what they ask of you
worst site manager ever
they remove people from site without finding them a replacement
they have a worst health insurance plan
always meeting employees check
they dont pay for lunch
Pros
no pros in whatsoever
Cons
breaks, health benefit, lack of professionalism
The hours arent flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Home DepotJune 16, 2017
For me the hours aren't flexible enough. I need to work mornings so I can take care of my little siblings after they get out of school. I also work with the National Guard. They dont take that into consideration when updating my schedule when I return from my drills and orders.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work at for college students
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 14, 2017
Great place for high school and college students they were freindly and kind i learned how to become a loss prevention officer here so there is room for advancing
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
SECURITY GUARD (Licensed) (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10708June 5, 2017
Professional and neccessary.Mostly busy, stay vigilant. Stay focused on my work. Hardest part dealin' with ppl that dont understand anyone can be a thief and we cant put anything past anybody. My breaks were most enjoyable.
More Hype than What It Is
Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 22, 2017
Quite literally one of the worst experiences you could put yourself through to work here. Over bearing office management that will blame you for smallest mistake and throw you under the bus, but quick to brush their own mistakes under the rug in order to keep face with "senior" management because they're related in some form. If you're working in the office you can expect to be thought of to work even after you go home for extra time. Don't expect to be paid for it of course. Sleazy office management and other "senior" management will gladly tell you one thing as long as you agree to do what they need, and you can expect nothing in return. Well, maybe a thanks, if you're into that sort of thing. And probably a "thanks for staying a litttle extra in the office today" when you LITERALLY have no other choice otherwise but to work 9, 10 hours and get paid for 8. There's also a tendency to treat security guards like absolute human waste and don't give people work when they can't work, due to no fault of their own, the hours the office needs to cover their own backs. Will actually make false promises to guards for whatever they have to in order to get them in to work. Which ultimately leads to guards never receiving their correct rate of pay or ever receive their pay period. Even dealing with that is a hassle due to their lethargic tendencies towards paperwork and doing what's right by their guards. All in all, just a terrible place. Over the shoulder type management that hovers over and around you asking the same redundant questions, childishly speaking ill of others behind their  more... backs then smiling in their face like high school drama queens, and unprofessional management who believe they can do what they want due to being related to the ownership. Just don't.

Don't.
Pros
Leaving work, other scheduling workers make the place tolerable
Cons
No direct deposit, awful scheduling managers, expect to work during lunch, two faced office management
A good stepping stone
Special Police Officer (Licensed- Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2017
This company is only good for very new people to security they are unorganized and treat their employees as if they are expendable. THIS IS A GOOD STEPPING STONE COMPANY NOT AN ETCHED IN STONE COMPANY
MANY ISSUES WITH PAYROLL
The worst first experience working with security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJMarch 14, 2017
They don't pay you on time . They don't care about the employees & all the management do is lie & then don't respond. They are they worst company ever.
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 22, 2017
the company does not care about any of its employees, guards or office staff. no support or care. just run far far away as fast as you can
The worse company in the security feild. Nothing to offer.
Armed officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2017
They will bend over for the client. No job security no benefits. Poor management. Managers are unprofessional.Verbally abusive toward the workers. Pay rate never correct.
Pros
Cons
Job security, benefits, recognition, salary, absolutely nothing.
not steady enough
Security Guard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
they give you hours when they have it. they have a lot of locations which is good but no permanent positions. you must be very flexible
Pros
great locations
Cons
no direct deposit
fun enivorment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2016
hard worker and working with my team and building up my leadership and always on time and respectful and loyal and I always smile and having people come back for more of the enivorment
its what you make it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2016
see atleast 400 a week. you must put in overtime to see the money you want
i recommend u ask to get in a set location
easy company to get unto
the company is okay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2016
I think that are better security companies but, it is a job for a paycheck every week. work with the other employees is fine
Pros
you can take up to three months off with a letter
Cons
does not pay well and the union does little
Good working environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2016
Obtained knowledge about the security field. One has to be attentive at all times. However it's a relaxed job for the most part.
Pros
Not a lot is asked of you. Weekly payments.
Cons
Being moved around from one site to another.
No chance for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 1, 2016
Work long hours, low pay. No opportunity for advancement. It's a Family owned business, unless you know someone in the company, you go nowhere, nor does your pay.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No raise in 9yrs.
they have great location's
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 27, 2016
I drove, checked bag I was on my feet for eight hours if I was not driving.worked holidays and weekend.nice team of people to work for. I learned so much.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
sore feel
Foot in the door and work experience. Not good for long term career.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Great work experience for someone looking to get started in the security/asset protection field. However the hours are long due to complete inability to retain employees. There are no real benefits; as benefits offered are extremely over priced and not matched by Metro One. Many of the employees hired refuse to work or have a poor work ethic. This is not surprising as higher management and corporate give no incentives and have a general lack of care or respect for their workers.
As I said only good for work experience; you will get plenty of it if you are willing to come in frequently during unscheduled hours to cover shifts due to the extremely high volume of call offs from your co-workers. Be prepared to work back to back 16 hour shifts on a constant basis easily 60-70 or more hours a week or if your unfortunate and they crack down on overtime you will be lucky to get even 32 hours a week.
Pros
Pretty much nothing unless your co-workers are sociable
Cons
You work for a company who does not care at all about you.
Official and Gentle with Rules and Regulations
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 10, 2016
I am Working Interestingly with all my Possible Skills,
Regular and Attentive,
I am attending for any call from office, any time,
To any distance places, I would get allowances as well,
Timely Uniforms as per the Season is given to Us,
Totally Everything is Good with my Company.
Pros
Breaks and Hrs are as Per the Employer where I would work
Cons
Flexible but I maintain Use in Need

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro One LPSG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5