Metro One LPSG Employee Reviews in United States

Official and Gentle with Rules and Regulations
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 10, 2016
I am Working Interestingly with all my Possible Skills,
Regular and Attentive,
I am attending for any call from office, any time,
To any distance places, I would get allowances as well,
Timely Uniforms as per the Season is given to Us,
Totally Everything is Good with my Company.
Pros
Breaks and Hrs are as Per the Employer where I would work
Cons
Flexible but I maintain Use in Need
Easy job, but work conditions are horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILDecember 6, 2015
On a typical work day you'll be on your feet for long periods of time, checking in/out semi-trucks, and in certain locations checking in/out visitors. While it is a very easy job, and is pretty enjoyable and makes for a quick work day, the main customer (Home Depot) seems to regard the guards as unnecessary.

There are no breaks, no lunches, and no health insurance. Not to mention it is very difficult moving up in the company at all.
Pros
Enjoyable co-workers, work makes for quick days
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare
Very Fun Place To Work
security gaurd (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2015
Very exciting and fun experience not a lot of room to grow.The compensation well lets just i got by. The placements where you were put some good some well not so much.
Do your homework on this employer.
XPO Logistics-Site Security Manager/Supervisor. (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CT.August 8, 2015
Research this company thoroughly and make your decision to be employed by them or one of their clients. They will go to any lengths to please an unrealistic client, even at the expense of a good and dedicated employees.
Pros
A job.
Cons
No benifits, low pay, no raisaes, no loyalty of management for thier staff.
Professional, but limited advancement.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 21, 2015
From checking in trucks and confirming paperwork with the physical information, to the foot patrols around the perimeter. On several occasions I was trusted to assume the Supervisor's role, being tasked with collaborating with the client's managers and calmly resolving issues without incident.
Pros
close-knit team, easy to work with
Cons
drama, no room advancement means no raise
not a good idea to work here
security (Former Employee) –  hi end store, h&m, Zoro, etcApril 15, 2015
They tell you thing you want to hear, however u get the oppsit. No benfit no nothing, they just treat you like robot. I mean they can call you at 3 am if they need a cover up, even if you just got off work. They really don't care about you. If you want a raised, it is possible, but after working for 1 and more year. Everyone who's in this company complains about it. Its a bIG company but they are cheap. If you are ok with 350 max on your paycheck for everyweek for years. Feel free to work. Because they cut off so many things from you so that at the end of the day you get $8.75.
Pros
1hr lunch, most company do that
Cons
low pay, no raise, no benefits, and lies.
worse job ever
security guard (Former Employee) –  queens, nyDecember 31, 2014
Pay not good, scheduling unit where u call foe ur schedule if u don't have one already sucks, call u all times of the hour at night to see if u could come in to work who want a last minute call, district manager or whatever he is very rude and obnoxious skinny fragile man, wouldn't recommend this company to anyone not even a dog
Pros
surprisingly u get a 1hr lunch
Cons
no raise, poor management
pay is ok
security (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, OHNovember 7, 2014
Hourly rate not bad, but no raises are offered. No benefits available.
Cons
no raises
worst company, horrible pay, better off waiting for a different offer
detective (Former Employee) –  nyOctober 29, 2014
When hired they make it seem like its a police dept, after a few weeks they forget you exist. Pay is an insult. The guy in Yonkers is jaba the hut that thinks hes a police captain, YOUR A SECURITY GUARD BEHIND A DESK, barely behind the desk, he is the desk. Slim fast, or super fast. Dont eat, like at all. Place is a joke.
Pros
leaving
Cons
not enough room to type.
to the company , you are no more than a VAL- CHECK #
security (Current Employee) –  joliet il.October 18, 2014
Metro one , offers nothing. No insurance, No P.T.O., No vacation.Very little chance for advancement.
This job is just a paycheck, with no raises.
Cons
see above.
company sucked.
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Was not a good place of work. Always having employees getting transferred or floating. Would not recommend to ANYONE!!
Pros
met a lot of different peolple
Cons
the company and management
Need a LOCAL main office
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 27, 2014
Metro One is based in New York. I worked in Ohio. At times it was hard to get things taken care of because you had to call New York and they were very seldom friendly, courteous, helpful or available! At the job site I worked at our Manager got fired and they hired another. He was WORTHLESS! He slept in his car, would leave early to "go to the gym", expect others to do his paperwork for him, would never come out on the floor to LEARN parts of his job. The hours were based on the company we worked at but there were no benefits and pay was low. It was a fairly easy and non stressful job. My assistant manager was awesome to work with! No ways to advance in the company at all.
Pros
didn't feel like i lived at work. had time for my family.
Cons
bad management, no benefits
its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Staten IslandAugust 1, 2014
its ok. i need a job and they gave me one. they dont offer direct deposit or raises.
Metro One LPSG
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 30, 2014
Develop employees into effective and efficient team members
Accurately and efficiently complete daily and weekly reports
Maintain a weekly schedule
Limit and eliminate overtime
Customer relations
Problem resolution
Ordering of supplies
Fun, safe, environment
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
This job is easy when it comes to preventing thefts and you learn a lot on the job i would definitely tell my friends to try this company out
Pros
gain experience in the working world of a security officer
Cons
n/a
Best Security Company I've Worked With So Far....
Security Guard LP/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York NYJanuary 9, 2014
Great Management..... I was a supervisor and had a get site manager great place
Pros
great pay ot is available
Cons
for me would be the checks getting messed up
Company does not value you and is sexist
Former Officer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 16, 2013
Company does not value you, your ideas, or your opinions.
There is no room for advancement unless your a man with some Military/Police/Fire background no matter how long you've been there or how well you know the company or site or how much the client likes you. They make offers of job promotions/ advancement or pay raises but don't follow through. They use and abuse you to suit their needs then carelessly toss you when they're done and then don't have the courage to deal with you afterwards. They only want yes men ( i mean men) so if you have any opinions that differ keep them to yourself. All of upper management lie to you. No pay raises.. ever.. unless your a man who has worked for them for years even then, you have to fight really hard. All upper management ever do is sit around the big desk and eat. Look at them.
Cons
you are not valued as a human, are treated as pawns. no room for advancement especially if your not a male.
overall poor
Security guard (Former Employee) –  new york, NYAugust 31, 2012
Compensation: was about $8 an hour. There are no benefits.
Culture: There were no invitations to special events or anything, you just show up on site.
Job sec/ advancement: There is no advancement because your work is not recognized or supervised other than an occasional thank you by a store manager.
Management: They will visit you and have no prior knowledge of your work or what you have done. Five minutes later, they will leave and you'll never see them again. Management does not care how reliable you are or how long you've worked there-- you won't get a raise and they will give you a hard time if you need to take a sick day. They enjoy calling you to work at 5am when they know you just spent 2 hours to get home at 1am. You must stand all day and be bored. Co workers are the best part of the job because they can empathize with you.
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
no benefits, no advancement, poor treatment
my time working for metro
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2012
It was nice working for Metro One LPSG but it would been better if the company offered benefits and a guarantee 40hrs if u full time my experience with metro i learned a little more bout shoplifters than i did before.
Cons
short breaks
secured building and many places
security guard (Former Employee) –  new york NYNovember 28, 2011
i was able to travel across the city work in different stores. guarding the door. walking the floor making sure everything was ok. I felt my was my prority and i was willing to get the most out of it. long hours on my feet but i managed to cooperate with that feeling and stood my ground. each day i give thanks for this expirence.
Pros
many places, nice stores
Cons
health care

2.7