Metro One LPSG Employee Reviews

Professional, but limited advancement.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 21, 2015
Pros: close-knit team, easy to work with
Cons: drama, no room advancement means no raise
From checking in trucks and confirming paperwork with the physical information, to the foot patrols around the perimeter. On several occasions I was trusted to assume the Supervisor's role, being tasked with collaborating with the client's managers and calmly resolving issues without incident.
not a good idea to work here
security (Former Employee), hi end store, h&m, Zoro, etcApril 15, 2015
Pros: 1hr lunch, most company do that
Cons: low pay, no raise, no benefits, and lies.
They tell you thing you want to hear, however u get the oppsit. No benfit no nothing, they just treat you like robot. I mean they can call you at 3 am if they need a cover up, even if you just got off work. They really don't care about you. If you want a raised, it is possible, but after working for 1 and more year. Everyone who's in this company complains about it. Its a bIG company but they are cheap. If you are ok with 350 max on your paycheck for everyweek for years. Feel free to work. Because they cut off so many things from you so that at the end of the day you get $8.75.
worse job ever
security guard (Former Employee), queens, nyDecember 31, 2014
Pros: surprisingly u get a 1hr lunch
Cons: no raise, poor management
Pay not good, scheduling unit where u call foe ur schedule if u don't have one already sucks, call u all times of the hour at night to see if u could come in to work who want a last minute call, district manager or whatever he is very rude and obnoxious skinny fragile man, wouldn't recommend this company to anyone not even a dog
pay is ok
security (Former Employee), Van Buren, OHNovember 7, 2014
Cons: no raises
Hourly rate not bad, but no raises are offered. No benefits available.
worst company, horrible pay, better off waiting for a different offer
detective (Former Employee), nyOctober 29, 2014
Pros: leaving
Cons: not enough room to type.
When hired they make it seem like its a police dept, after a few weeks they forget you exist. Pay is an insult. The guy in Yonkers is jaba the hut that thinks hes a police captain, YOUR A SECURITY GUARD BEHIND A DESK, barely behind the desk, he is the desk. Slim fast, or super fast. Dont eat, like at all. Place is a joke.
to the company , you are no more than a VAL- CHECK #
security (Current Employee), joliet il.October 18, 2014
Cons: see above.
Metro one , offers nothing. No insurance, No P.T.O., No vacation.Very little chance for advancement.
This job is just a paycheck, with no raises.
company sucked.
Licensed Security Guard (Former Employee), Queens, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: met a lot of different peolple
Cons: the company and management
Was not a good place of work. Always having employees getting transferred or floating. Would not recommend to ANYONE!!
Need a LOCAL main office
Auditor (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: didn't feel like i lived at work. had time for my family.
Cons: bad management, no benefits
Metro One is based in New York. I worked in Ohio. At times it was hard to get things taken care of because you had to call New York and they were very seldom friendly, courteous, helpful or available! At the job site I worked at our Manager got fired and they hired another. He was WORTHLESS! He slept in his car, would leave early to "go to the gym", expect others to do his paperwork for him, would never come out on the floor to LEARN parts of his job. The hours were based on the company we worked at but there were no benefits and pay was low. It was a fairly easy and non stressful job. My assistant manager was awesome to work with! No ways to advance in the company at all.
its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Staten IslandAugust 1, 2014
its ok. i need a job and they gave me one. they dont offer direct deposit or raises.
Metro One LPSG
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 30, 2014
Develop employees into effective and efficient team members
Accurately and efficiently complete daily and weekly reports
Maintain a weekly schedule
Limit and eliminate overtime
Customer relations
Problem resolution
Ordering of supplies
Fun, safe, environment
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: gain experience in the working world of a security officer
Cons: n/a
This job is easy when it comes to preventing thefts and you learn a lot on the job i would definitely tell my friends to try this company out
Best Security Company I've Worked With So Far....
Security Guard LP/Supervisor (Former Employee), New York NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great pay ot is available
Cons: for me would be the checks getting messed up
Great Management..... I was a supervisor and had a get site manager great place
Company does not value you and is sexist
Former Officer (Former Employee), New JerseyApril 16, 2013
Cons: you are not valued as a human, are treated as pawns. no room for advancement especially if your not a male.
Company does not value you, your ideas, or your opinions.
There is no room for advancement unless your a man with some Military/Police/Fire background no matter how long you've been there or how well you know the company or site or how much the client likes you. They make offers of job promotions/ advancement or pay raises but don't follow through. They use and abuse you to suit their needs then carelessly toss you when they're done and then don't have the courage to deal with you afterwards. They only want yes men ( i mean men) so if you have any opinions that differ keep them to yourself. All of upper management lie to you. No pay raises.. ever.. unless your a man who has worked for them for years even then, you have to fight really hard. All upper management ever do is sit around the big desk and eat. Look at them.
overall poor
Security guard (Former Employee), new york, NYAugust 31, 2012
Pros: holiday pay
Cons: no benefits, no advancement, poor treatment
Compensation: was about $8 an hour. There are no benefits.
Culture: There were no invitations to special events or anything, you just show up on site.
Job sec/ advancement: There is no advancement because your work is not recognized or supervised other than an occasional thank you by a store manager.
Management: They will visit you and have no prior knowledge of your work or what you have done. Five minutes later, they will leave and you'll never see them again. Management does not care how reliable you are or how long you've worked there-- you won't get a raise and they will give you a hard time if you need to take a sick day. They enjoy calling you to work at 5am when they know you just spent 2 hours to get home at 1am. You must stand all day and be bored. Co workers are the best part of the job because they can empathize with you.
my time working for metro
Security Guard (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2012
Cons: short breaks
It was nice working for Metro One LPSG but it would been better if the company offered benefits and a guarantee 40hrs if u full time my experience with metro i learned a little more bout shoplifters than i did before.
secured building and many places
security guard (Former Employee), new york NYNovember 28, 2011
Pros: many places, nice stores
Cons: health care
i was able to travel across the city work in different stores. guarding the door. walking the floor making sure everything was ok. I felt my was my prority and i was willing to get the most out of it. long hours on my feet but i managed to cooperate with that feeling and stood my ground. each day i give thanks for this expirence.