Metro Sales Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company overall, Would return if needed.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN - Outstate BranchesNovember 16, 2017
Working for Metro Sales has been a life changing experience. It helped me assign value to my skill set, as well as adequate training to improve them. I enjoyed being able to mostly manage my day to day schedule, and having a lot of autonomy. The employees are friendly, and willing to help each other out. There are a ton of great benefits that come with this job, and easily the best is a company vehicle that sees regular maintenance.

The job itself is pretty easy, there is good training to teach you on what you need to know to get it done. The hardest part of this job involves understanding, and following company policies. There are quite a few of them, some of which seem to just be tedious for the sake of statistic tracking.

I've enjoyed my time with Metro Sales, and would gladly return to work for them. They've been good to me and my family, and that is hard to find in a company.
Pros
Company vehicle, autonomy, great benefits.
Cons
Policies can bog you down, invest in good dress shoes.
November 22, 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our training and benefits!

Good place to work, advancement is a bit tough
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNOctober 18, 2017
Metro Sales is a good place to work, most employees are friendly and willing to help. Starting pay is a bit on the low side, but is not horrible. Moving up in the company can go either way depending on the need of having someone work on a certain series of machines. It can also depend on if there is any positions to move up too. Like majority of the companies out there they do tend to focus a bit more on the numbers side of the stats. There is lots of training you receive prior to going onsite to fix machines out in the field. Overall in my experience it just took some time for me to feel "comfortable" in my position as far as pay and where I am with Metro Sales.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Job is fairly simple
Cons
low starting pay
October 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as a service technician. We're glad you liked our friendly atmosphere and training!

Great Workplace
Comm Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2017
I enjoy the company atmosphere and the recognition/room for advancement that area available. If you are good at what you do here, you can move up quickly in both your position and salary. With my position in the Comm Center, I get the opportunity to talk with customers frequently and troubleshoot issues as well as assist technicians and sales reps as well. Its a good mix of being on the phone and covering monthly stat reporting for managers and the department. My bosses are terrific and put me in good positions to be successful and accomplish my goals.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and recognition. Work Environment is great too.
Cons
Pay is low compared to the amount of things you are responsible for when starting out.
October 20, 2017

Thank you for your comments about our benefits and corporate culture. We believe our employees are our most important asset, and we've always believed that recognition is an important part of retaining great employees. We're happy to hear that you personally experienced recognition and career advancement at Metro Sales!

Great work place
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 11, 2017
Working at Metro sales had its ups and downs but overall very professional place. Staff at Metro are very helpful and they always have great attitudes when it came to getting the job done.
Pros
Pay time off
Cons
Bad pay
October 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about our professionalism and paid time off!

It's fine
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 10, 2017
It's fine. It was an okay job for what it was. This thing is making me use 150 characters to continue to the next page. So I'm just typing to meet that.
October 13, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Metro Sales!

Workplace Culture
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaAugust 8, 2017
Metro Sales offers employees every chance to succeed. There is constant ongoing training and management is supportive and encouraging. It is a great place to start your sales career. They have the best training program around!
October 6, 2017

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our culture and training. We believe in the importance in investing in our own. We're glad you had a chance to experience our great employee training program!

Very competitive and cut-throat
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2017
This position is very stressful and you put in a lot of long hours. Depending on where your territory is you may be driving for the majority of the day.
October 8, 2017

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy you're time at Metro Sales. We've always attempted to nurture a hardworking, yet relaxed atmosphere. We want our representatives to be competitive, but only towards the competition! Please reach out to us with any suggestions you have to create a more collaborative environment.

Great but difficult in the range
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJuly 18, 2017
Difficult job for a struggling economy. Poor work environment but if you work really hard, you will reap from the benefits. Lots of drive time. Must be self motivated
Pros
Great owner
Cons
Strongling economy
October 8, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We agree with you; our reps have been successful over the years because they've outworked the competition. We've been successful as a company because of the hardworking individuals we've employed.

Good stsrter job
Service Sr technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 15, 2017
Great company to work for as a technician, great training program. The issue is once your trained as a technician and start gaining experience, the wage increases are small and very rigid. Only company that dings you for vacation time taken.
Service management is in their own world, if they don't like you, they fire you for the smallest resins. One Service manager prides himself on the number of people he has let go.
There growth is because of acquisitions, they have bought out 2 companies In the outstate area in the last 6 years, most of those technicians no longer work there due to Service Manager culture.
The sales turn around is high, seen many start and within 2-3 years are gone, high competition, lots of pressure to produce.
Pros
Great owner, great training
Cons
Service management egos
October 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback about our technician jobs. We believe we've created a great technician staff due to our excellent training program. We challenge our technicians to be more than mediocre, but believe they should be compensated accordingly. That's why we offer additional benefits beyond pay that we believe make Metro Sales a truly special place to work.

good place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Facilities managerApril 28, 2017
Good place to work. Fast environment. Pay was decent but they loose good people to other in the industry due to pay. Metro leads the market in growth and is an overall good place to work
October 8, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Metro Sales.

Company is stable and growing
Administrative Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 21, 2016
Fun place to work, but no chance of advancement.
Sales reps are professional and courteous; service technicians are very pleasant and knowledgeable.
The company is growing every year, so it's a very secure place to work.
October 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad you enjoyed the work environment.

Good benefits but poor work morale and high turnover
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNAugust 5, 2015
Decent place to work for a few years. Good benefits as far as 401k, vacation time and profit sharing. The medical plan started to get out of control about a year before I left. It almost doubled in cost and is still going up as far as I know

Few people seem to make it past the 10 year mark as a technician. Under 10 techs have retired over history of company, most get fired or leave. Management seems to look at techs as expendable. High turnover is due to their low wages compared to other companies in same field and due to how company is structured. Also very small amount of opportunity to move past senior technician. CEO is in his 80s and was barely around the technician side of things. He was more involved in sales

Typical day was I would travel to 4 to 6 different locations a day and fix their high end production copy/print machines. Anywhere from 25 pages per minute up to 110+ ppm. Color or black and white. I learned to fix dozens of different types of machines and enjoyed working with the customers

My direct supervisor was a good guy and I really enjoyed most of my co workers. Upper management seemed to be in its own bubble though and was very secretive of what they do. Poor communication as to the why they do what they do as well

Hardest part was working on some of the much older machines where customers had unreasonable expectations as to how it operated after 15 - 20+ years of having the machine. Also dealing with some of the sales personnel was like pulling teeth

Most enjoyable part was learning new machines and fixing them and working with some of the
  more... people I had the great opportunity to learn from and work with  less
Pros
Overall generally good benefits, great coworkers, different every day
Cons
High turnover, upper management, lower hourly wage compared to other companies in field
October 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your comments! We're happy to hear that you liked our benefits package. Corporate communication is important to us and we're constantly looking for ways to improve. Feel free to contact us with any specific suggestions you have to improve our communications.

This is a weed out sales job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2015
Metro gives you some training and then you are expected to make around 50 calls per day, minimum. It is a 1950's sales culture that can make people that want to put in the work some serious money. At the end of the day, it's copier sales.
Pros
Good first sales job
Cons
High burn out rate
October 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our reps are dedicated and hardworking, but they enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Great Company
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNApril 17, 2013
Enjoyed working here.
Fun environment. It is kind of far for me they are located in Richfield.
October 8, 2017

Thanks for your feedback! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the fun environment we create!

Cool place to work with awsome managers.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2012
I loved working here. Everything and everyone was punctual and personable.
October 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience! We're glad our culture exceeded your expectations!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Sales Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9