METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER

METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Positive And Fun
Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch, no stress
Cons: short work hours
I Love my job!!!!! I work evenings and I have the best crew that you can ever Supervise. The day goes by so graceful when you have a supportive team. Since I've been with this hopital which has only been a year, I've learned so much from other co-workers and that I wasn't aware of working for another hospital. The staff is very helpful and courteous – more... to others. There is nothing stressful about working with this establishment and I honestly enjoy my job because I love working and helping others. – less
Great
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILApril 22, 2014
Pros: great teaching environment
Great hospital, small community feeling. I enjoyed working with the techs there.
Great first job
Registry Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILMarch 5, 2014
Cons: limited hours for registry
Great first job for new grads. Changes in the department forced me to resign from this part-time department. Stressful environment with untrustworthy employees.
job security is low
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILFebruary 1, 2014
its a smaller hospital, and has a lot of returning frequent patients. They have been sold twice in the past 5 years, so job security is low and uncertain. Management can be more attentative to their employees and not hide in the office. Lacks leadership amongst the lead phlebotomist and tech.
Experienced Nurse
RN, MICU (Current Employee), Blue Island ILDecember 22, 2013
Its Ok depending on the department. its pretty clean online education. its ok ok ok ok
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader, Registration (Current Employee), Blue Island, IllinoisDecember 2, 2013
I love being in leadership,it has helped me to grow as an individual. My team is awesome and I love working with them.
Poor Orientation
RN (Former Employee), Blue island, IlSeptember 11, 2013
Cons: no breaks, can't leave unit because only 1 rn assigned on unit. big safety unit
Poor management, coworker are great. Rules change daily. Management more concerned with patient census than patient safety
excellent hospital and medical center
Pediatric Unit Technician (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILAugust 2, 2013
working though out different units in the hospital can be challenging but also very rewarding. depending on the number of patients in the hospital you are subject at times to float to various departments. working in mother child unit, pediatrics, or micu, was very rewarding to me.
Great group of people to work with but that's about it
registered nurse (Former Employee), blue islandMay 6, 2013
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: poor management
The other nurses and doctors I worked with were great. The ancillary staff was good as well. However the management needs to be overhauled. There is no real room for advancement unless you're really good friends with them. Nothing is based on merit.
Bad employee moral
Billing (Former Employee), FinanceApril 16, 2013
Pros: corporately owned, potential for change
Cons: current employees don't want to move forward in time
Hospital is corporately owned by company in TN. Long term employees of hospital resist any change and make finding and keeping good new people a challenge yet systems within hospital are "broken". This place needs work!
Updating patient information
Health Information Systems (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJanuary 27, 2013
Updating system issues. Patient information into the new Athena Computer System from Empower and Patient Partner System .High volume of Data Entry.
Lots of team support good working enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILOctober 23, 2012
Pros: teamwok
Cons: long work hours
Great place to work, establish good working relationships with co-workers, fast pace work environment, lots of autonomy, enhanced organizational skills through unique tools offered, and great communication.
Fast Pace Emergency Room
Registration Team Leader (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free parking, profitable hospital
Cons: slow opportunity for advancement
Great co-workers, Many hospitals to choose from if your willing to re-locate. Free parking for patients and employees.
Fun and excititng
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJuly 30, 2012
Pros: free lunches, long breaks
Cons: breaks
I love metro south it takes lot of hard work and dedication.and you get to learn new and exciting things.Love the medical field its really great.
Exciting work place
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILJuly 12, 2012
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: healthcare
Fun place to work. Always something new to do. Never know what to expect. Every day is different.
Hospital
Patient Registration (Externship) (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILApril 25, 2012
I would only check in and out patients at the lobby and emergency room. I always rotate from the lobby to the emergency room, and answer phone calls all day.
great work palce good medical enviorment
Medical Assistant (family practice) (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILApril 10, 2012
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks
I really enjoyed doing my extership here i learned a lot from each doctor