METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

worked under great supervision
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 27, 2017
worked in the risk management dept. filed medical records easy but fast paced. always looked forward to working with peers. enjoyed learning about health care.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short days
Fun Work Place
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work everyday. It was always something new and exciting going on. I learned a lot in nursing and nurses work which is great for me while i continue my schooling in nursing.
the people are great coworker are team player
ER tech/ER secretary/ monitor tech (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 22, 2015
This company had change hands 4 times in the 9 years of working here,I enjoy working here ,but this company is unstable for growth .
Pros
near home
Cons
not stable
Communication
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 5, 2015
Starting out there little to no communication and I was left to figure things out on my own but once that happened I was right in the flow of things.
Metro South Medical Center
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 9, 2014
A typical day at work is normally is busy there is alot of work for one person to handle.I have gain alot of maturity and responsibilty through out the five years beening there. Managment has been a challenge had 4 different manager and learning different ways to do my job. The hardest part of the job is just doing the work without the tools you need to where everyone is happy and helping in all areas when called. The most enjoyable part of it all is the people i have gained in my life out of this experience and the acknowolgy i have.
Not a good work environment
Medicaid Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Blue Island ILAugust 25, 2014
Good working conditions,great co-workers, Management micro manged employee's showing favor towards certain employee's, while others were being closely watched.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Micro Management
Positive And Fun
Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 23, 2014
I Love my job!!!!! I work evenings and I have the best crew that you can ever Supervise. The day goes by so graceful when you have a supportive team. Since I've been with this hopital which has only been a year, I've learned so much from other co-workers and that I wasn't aware of working for another hospital. The staff is very helpful and courteous to others. There is nothing stressful about working with this establishment and I honestly enjoy my job because I love working and helping others.
Pros
Free lunch, no stress
Cons
short work hours
Great
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 22, 2014
Great hospital, small community feeling. I enjoyed working with the techs there.
Pros
Great teaching environment
Great first job
Registry Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 5, 2014
Great first job for new grads. Changes in the department forced me to resign from this part-time department. Stressful environment with untrustworthy employees.
Cons
Limited hours for Registry
job security is low
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 1, 2014
its a smaller hospital, and has a lot of returning frequent patients. They have been sold twice in the past 5 years, so job security is low and uncertain. Management can be more attentative to their employees and not hide in the office. Lacks leadership amongst the lead phlebotomist and tech.
Experienced Nurse
RN, MICU (Current Employee) –  Blue Island ILDecember 22, 2013
Its Ok depending on the department. its pretty clean online education. its ok ok ok ok
Productive and fun work place
Team Leader, Registration (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, IllinoisDecember 2, 2013
I love being in leadership,it has helped me to grow as an individual. My team is awesome and I love working with them.
Poor Orientation
RN (Former Employee) –  Blue island, IlSeptember 11, 2013
Poor management, coworker are great. Rules change daily. Management more concerned with patient census than patient safety
Cons
no breaks, can't leave unit because only 1 RN assigned on unit. Big safety unit
excellent hospital and medical center
Pediatric Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 2, 2013
working though out different units in the hospital can be challenging but also very rewarding. depending on the number of patients in the hospital you are subject at times to float to various departments. working in mother child unit, pediatrics, or micu, was very rewarding to me.
Great group of people to work with but that's about it
registered nurse  (Former Employee) –  blue island May 6, 2013
The other nurses and doctors I worked with were great. The ancillary staff was good as well. However the management needs to be overhauled. There is no real room for advancement unless you're really good friends with them. Nothing is based on merit.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
poor management
Bad employee moral
Billing (Former Employee) –  FinanceApril 16, 2013
Hospital is corporately owned by company in TN. Long term employees of hospital resist any change and make finding and keeping good new people a challenge yet systems within hospital are "broken". This place needs work!
Pros
corporately owned, potential for change
Cons
current employees don't want to move forward in time
Updating patient information
Health Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 27, 2013
Updating system issues. Patient information into the new Athena Computer System from Empower and Patient Partner System .High volume of Data Entry.
Lots of team support good working enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 23, 2012
Great place to work, establish good working relationships with co-workers, fast pace work environment, lots of autonomy, enhanced organizational skills through unique tools offered, and great communication.
Pros
teamwok
Cons
long work hours
Fast Pace Emergency Room
Registration Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 25, 2012
Great co-workers, Many hospitals to choose from if your willing to re-locate. Free parking for patients and employees.
Pros
free parking, profitable hospital
Cons
slow opportunity for advancement
Fun and excititng
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 30, 2012
I love metro south it takes lot of hard work and dedication.and you get to learn new and exciting things.Love the medical field its really great.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks
Cons
breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location