Metro Staffing Employee Reviews

competitive work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 28, 2016
payroll for overtime is off sync for saturday/sunday instead they offer sunday/saturday. had an issue with getting paid on mothers day
Pros
clean lunch areas
Cons
overtime validation
Not quiet enough. Hard to cooperate.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 20, 2016
Respectful and honest.hard worker.know first aid.and CPR.
I was disappointed with the supervisor for her mouth and rude behavior towards staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health conditions
Its more of a hands on type of job. You have to come in energized ready to work.
line control/task manager/general labor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 20, 2016
Overall metro staffing is a great temp to hire service.You get a feel out of working for many different companies and learning how to pick up positive traits that can help you in your everyday life.
Cons
short breaks/ standing up for long periods of time
It is a good place to work if you speak spanish
Employee (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 14, 2016
It is a place to work if you need a job it would be OK but I didn't want to sound racist or anything but the primarily choose Mexican over Blacks and I've personally experienced it
Interesting Environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day involved learning new machines on different sites. Fluidity was key in this field and the ability to learn quickly and in the moment.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Physically Demanding
unorganized underpay'd
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 22, 2016
metro staffing was an alright job if your starving for money they work you like slaves for 8.25 and never have checks ready when pay day comes so overall the job was pointless
Pros
noneq
Cons
late pay understaffed
very small but effecent temp office
Material Handler/ Dock Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2016
The office is small but everyone that worked there had a great attitude and was open with what the individual was looking for in work. Sent me to one of the best jobs where I learned a lot in different areas of the warehouse. Such as shipping/ receiving, 5S safety team, data entry and inventory info.
Pros
great work place
Cons
poor pay
Staffing industry got to meet a lot of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for Metro Staffing, we helped hundreds of people either find work or get back to work. My co-workers and I worked as a team to find the perfect match for both clients and employees. Hardest part was having to tell emp that their assignment has ended. The most enjoyable part was finding placement for individuals that had been looking for work and couldn't on their own.
Pros
Helped many many people in the work field
Cons
work was sometimes temp for my employees
Very productive work environment
Administrative/Contract Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2016
productive environment
training courses available
co-workers enjoyable
assignment ended
team events
Working with the company has been an learning experience
Pros
online training available
Cons
training courses time to finish need to be longer
great company to work for
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 31, 2016
• Prospected for new accounts and applicants, using Boolean and keyword search criteria.
• Maintained relationships with current accounts and applicants in order to successfully fill employment positions.
• Developed and negotiated contractual agreements with major corporate accounts.
• Researched companies and positions to sell job requisitions to applicants.
• Performed quarterly reviews to improve performance and relationships with clientele.
Achievements
- Averaged 3 placements per month
Fast and Productive warehouse work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 1, 2016
During your shift you will be put on a a assembly line. It is your responsibility to work as a team to get the work done in a speedy and efficient manner . This job is best suited for a hardworking person that enjoys working in a team , teamwork is KEY .The hardest part of the job was trying to stay woke all night ( i did the grave-yard shift) , as you will not be able to do anything to make the atmosphere more relaxing, or make you more "awake" ( e.g listen to music while your working). This job can be a bit tedious, and uptight. coworkers had a "get it done" attitude ( at least during my shift) there was no time for horseplay .The only CON for me was the FORCED overtime , the way the graveyard shift was set up it felt like you only had 1 day off of work . and let met not forget , YES you will be tired as you will have to STAND all day except for your break ,Word Of Advice : wear some soft comfortable shoes.
Pros
Fast work
Cons
Forced Overtime
Distribution (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 18, 2016
Work assignments are easy its a fast paced environment. Assembly line work is the main function of the job. You must be able to stand for to 8 to 12 hours per day. We receive a quota everyday that has to be completed before you leave.
Pros
Productive environment
Cons
No set time on when your shift is over
it was a job
carpenter (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJanuary 8, 2016
I learned how to hang cabinets and helped train others.I did not like that the job was not permenant.I enjoyed the work but not the fact that there was no advancement.
Pros
a paying job
Cons
not permanent
Smile
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2015
Working In this field for this company was interesting. I had the chance to engage in activity with different individuals and had the chance to learn different daily task. I wouldn't change a thing.
Fun to work because its fast pace and time goes by fast.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
A 8 or 12 hour shift consist of production, manufacturing, and distributing. Fast pace, fun to work with the team as well as working by myself. Must keep my work area clean and safe to work in. Safety is a priority. I like to work as a team as we accomplish one goal, but i don't need constant supervision to get the job do. I always like to know what is expected of our team as far as production goes so i will know at the end of the shift if we make our goal or went above and beyond.
Pros
Getting the experience and learning new tasks
Cons
Working with others that are not giving 100%
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 18, 2015
I was a third shift assembler who would stand on a line with three or four other coworkers and our duties were to take everything on the line place it in the boxes and when every box was full we would put them on pallets and take the to another line in the company.
nice
Substitute Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2015
a typical day at work can be a handful when dealing with kids. they drive you up the wall but can be very fun and loving at the same time. working here takes a lot of patience and effort.I learned that it takes a lot of knowledge and the joy of working with kids all day everyday to work at this job. my co-workers, i really don care to much for them because at the end of the day everybody is for they self. they sometimes want to be your friend or act like they like you but hey i'm still here. the hardest part of the job is NOTHING really and the enjoyable part of the job is THE KIDS because they make your day when it all comes down to it.
Pros
long breaks.
Enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 27, 2015
Production work that taught me several different skills from labor work to management. I enjoyed working for this company and would recommend this employer. I learned how to manage a production warehouse and the many processes of working on a production line.
Human Services
Human Services 1 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2015
Human services 1 Helping people and organizations perform at an optimal level. Display an array of knowledge and a skillset that helps them understand people, both as individuals and within groups. As a human service worker I assist individuals, families and members of groups and communities in renew their capacity to function as individuals and in society. Also performed Medicaid reviews, updated address, and social security numbers.
Stressful Work Place
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 26, 2015
They had a lot of job turn overs due it was temporary work assignments. I was one of the lucky Employees that was chosen to become an permanent Employee with the company I was working for at that time.

2.8