Metro Storage LLC Employee Reviews

Best place I’ve ever worked.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2017
I absolutely love working for Metro. I couldn’t ask for a better management team above me. My district manager is fantastic. I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Lack of advancement. They tend to hire district managers outside the company, instead of promoting within.
Good Place To Work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2017
Property Manager job is the job to have with this company. Lots of responsibility. Great pay. Good benefits. Lots of great skills learned with this job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of Responsibility
Great Bonus Program
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for. They had a great bonus/commission programmed and they value their employees. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Bonus Structure
Cons
No cons
A fair paying job in a stable industry
On-site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 6, 2017
The job can vary in it's level of demand based on your location. A day at work can be slow and uneventful or busy and frantic, but if you are half decent at time management, you shouldn't get behind and it's generally not the sort of job you have to take home with you.
Corporate employees are professional but can seem detached from the office managers. That being said, the rather small HR department is always helpful, kind and courteous.
This job can be monotonous in some ways, and full of variety in others. The top-down approach doesn't leave much room for freedom in the workplace and you may see superfluous initiatives come and go, but that may be relative to whatever industry you are coming from. I felt that my overall experience was quite positive.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, excellent HR dept, generally consistent and professional policy/enforcement.
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, lean staff can make schedule inflexible/sporadic, communication gap between employees and management.
Great job, Not great pay
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  La Marque, TXApril 30, 2017
I love the job and I love my manager (though this may vary depending on whose district you're in) but the pay leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you are an on-site manager and they pay all your bills, or if you still live with your parents, it would be okay. But when you own your own house, it's hard to live on this wage.
Pros
Nice boss, reasonable expectations.
Cons
low pay
Productive and Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 25, 2017
My supervisor is amazing. Very knowledgeable about every detail of the company. I have learned the ins and outs of the storage business within the short time I have been there. Great location!
Family/Privately Owned, but still Corporate
Senior Property Manager/Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2017
One of the better companies I've worked for. It's not perfect, and there are definitely cons, but overall a decent job. Depending upon the position, expect to do some driving, and to be hands on. Property Management is as much operations/sales as it is general maintenance. Healthcare is ok, but not great.
Pros
Full-Time, Paid Holidays & 3 Weeks Paid Vacation per Year, Positive Work Enviroment
Cons
Some Travel, Healthcare, Daily Cleaning & Maintenance
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2017
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 5 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company.
Positive working evironment, very flexible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Working at metro storage has been very positive. Managers work with you ay you own pace, along with your co-workers always being there to pick you up if you need it
Fun
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rex, GASeptember 12, 2016
Advised and directed the customers to the correct size unit.
Conveyed the features and benefits of the facility to customers.
Executed all leasing documents.
Maintained files and ordered supplies.
Prepared marketing surveys.
Performed collection calls as necessary.
Developed and implemented marketing plan to improve occupancy.
Maintained high percentage of renewals.
Completed month end accounting.
Assisted regional manager with administrative tasks.
Ensured staff compliance of company policies and procedures.
Responsible for all property cash management functions consisting of accounts payable, accounts receivable, receipts, rent collection and daily deposits.
Handled all property emergencies.
I would not recommend this company to a friend
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 11, 2016
I would not recommend this company to a friend. Company treats employees unfairly. Some employees are allowed to work remotely while others are required to commute to the office daily.
Great place
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 16, 2016
Great Job to work for. This company has a great vision and will always stand behind their employees. I had an absolutely wonderful experience working here.
A very busy property to manage
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GaOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work and live. The compensation was fabulous. The customers were great and so friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all of my tenants, they became like family.
Unstable Employment/Very Demanding
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MidwestMay 3, 2015
I DO NOT recommend getting a job with this company! This company has a high turn over rate! You're just another employee working for the company! They dont & wont value you as a employee!
Pros
Work hours Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm & Sat 8am-4pm Closed Sunday
Cons
Demanding Dm, Over worked & under paid!!!!!!!!!!!
Best in the business
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2014
My DM is probably one of the best in the business, and makes it really easy to succeed. Collection Calls, checking the property, leasing to tenants and greeting paying customers is how you'll spend most of your days. Enough work to keep you busy usually, and the days fly by. As long as you keep on top of your property, visits from higher ups are usually training and support to help you better manage your property. I have yet to have a negative visit.

Cons: Benefits are okay, pay is below average for the area, and bonuses are hard to hit once you get your property where they want your occupancy numbers to be.

I love this job, and love the support from the company. I'm sure that given some time, the cons listed above will be handled just like they do everything else.

Cutting edge, tech savvy, and great communcation.
Pros
Schedule, flexibility, supervisors with integrity
Cons
See above
Fun place to work that involves heavy customer service.
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasMay 6, 2014
My work includes renting storage units, cleaning storage units, lead calling and tracking, successfully completing contract and lien paperwork. We track our competition as well. Most days are activity filled and require the ability to be detail oriented, mulit task, completion of assignments and reports, heavy customer interaction on the phone and in person. I like it because it allows to me work inside and outside the office.

I work well with my co workers and it is wonderful team environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Review
Assistant Storage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 14, 2014
I worked here for 10 years with very minimal advancement. Not many raises nor incentive to grow. Worked really hard and never seemed to pay off.
Productive work at your own pace.
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJMarch 4, 2014
Open up the store. Count the cash and petty cash. Go over any emails and take care of anything in the emails that need addressed. Prepare reports for the day. Assist any customers that come in, needing to set up an account or make payment. Make collection calls every 2-3 days. Walk the property 2 times a day to check to make sure locks are on properly, and to clean the facility. Clean the office and restroom. prepare end of day reports and then lock up and leave.
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 1, 2013
renting storage, collections completing a property check daily, curb appeal.
Selling units for customers was fun.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaJuly 28, 2013
The company was going thru changes when I worked there. The company was sold and the Regional Manager was replaced twice. Had only 1 co-worker, who worked hard, but left soon after I did.
Pros
When having down time, got to sit at a desk.
Cons
Uncertain if company would stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Storage LLC. Our community is ready to answer.