Metro Storage LLC Employee Reviews

Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2017
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 5 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company.
Positive working evironment, very flexible
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Working at metro storage has been very positive. Managers work with you ay you own pace, along with your co-workers always being there to pick you up if you need it
Fun
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rex, GASeptember 12, 2016
Advised and directed the customers to the correct size unit.
Conveyed the features and benefits of the facility to customers.
Executed all leasing documents.
Maintained files and ordered supplies.
Prepared marketing surveys.
Performed collection calls as necessary.
Developed and implemented marketing plan to improve occupancy.
Maintained high percentage of renewals.
Completed month end accounting.
Assisted regional manager with administrative tasks.
Ensured staff compliance of company policies and procedures.
Responsible for all property cash management functions consisting of accounts payable, accounts receivable, receipts, rent collection and daily deposits.
Handled all property emergencies.
I would not recommend this company to a friend
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 11, 2016
I would not recommend this company to a friend. Company treats employees unfairly. Some employees are allowed to work remotely while others are required to commute to the office daily.
Great place
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 16, 2016
Great Job to work for. This company has a great vision and will always stand behind their employees. I had an absolutely wonderful experience working here.
A very busy property to manage
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GaOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work and live. The compensation was fabulous. The customers were great and so friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all of my tenants, they became like family.
Unstable Employment/Very Demanding
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MidwestMay 3, 2015
I DO NOT recommend getting a job with this company! This company has a high turn over rate! You're just another employee working for the company! They dont & wont value you as a employee!
Pros
Work hours Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm & Sat 8am-4pm Closed Sunday
Cons
Demanding Dm, Over worked & under paid!!!!!!!!!!!
Best in the business
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2014
My DM is probably one of the best in the business, and makes it really easy to succeed. Collection Calls, checking the property, leasing to tenants and greeting paying customers is how you'll spend most of your days. Enough work to keep you busy usually, and the days fly by. As long as you keep on top of your property, visits from higher ups are usually training and support to help you better manage your property. I have yet to have a negative visit.

Cons: Benefits are okay, pay is below average for the area, and bonuses are hard to hit once you get your property where they want your occupancy numbers to be.

I love this job, and love the support from the company. I'm sure that given some time, the cons listed above will be handled just like they do everything else.

Cutting edge, tech savvy, and great communcation.
Pros
Schedule, flexibility, supervisors with integrity
Cons
See above
Fun place to work that involves heavy customer service.
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasMay 6, 2014
My work includes renting storage units, cleaning storage units, lead calling and tracking, successfully completing contract and lien paperwork. We track our competition as well. Most days are activity filled and require the ability to be detail oriented, mulit task, completion of assignments and reports, heavy customer interaction on the phone and in person. I like it because it allows to me work inside and outside the office.

I work well with my co workers and it is wonderful team environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Review
Assistant Storage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILApril 14, 2014
I worked here for 10 years with very minimal advancement. Not many raises nor incentive to grow. Worked really hard and never seemed to pay off.
Productive work at your own pace.
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stanhope, NJMarch 4, 2014
Open up the store. Count the cash and petty cash. Go over any emails and take care of anything in the emails that need addressed. Prepare reports for the day. Assist any customers that come in, needing to set up an account or make payment. Make collection calls every 2-3 days. Walk the property 2 times a day to check to make sure locks are on properly, and to clean the facility. Clean the office and restroom. prepare end of day reports and then lock up and leave.
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 1, 2013
renting storage, collections completing a property check daily, curb appeal.
Selling units for customers was fun.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PaJuly 28, 2013
The company was going thru changes when I worked there. The company was sold and the Regional Manager was replaced twice. Had only 1 co-worker, who worked hard, but left soon after I did.
Pros
When having down time, got to sit at a desk.
Cons
Uncertain if company would stay.
DM inept, horrible pay and immature employees.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 30, 2013
I was miserable while working for this company. The DM played favorites and only told you what you did wrong and never complimented you on job(s) well done. They pay you an insulting wage and give you a rent free apartment in exchange but the wage is so bad and the bonuses are such a joke that the free apartment does not offset the monthly paycheck. The staff are extremely immature as they constantly gossip and also, they do not pull their weight when it comes to assisting the property manager. I would not only NOT recommend working here but I would not store here either. They do not spray the units for bugs like most other storage companies do. If you choose to store here be prepared to find roach and rat droppings in your boxes and furniture and if you choose to work here be prepared to work for a horrible hourly salary and absolutely never move up in the company.
Pros
Cons
Leaving was the best decision I ever made
Fast Pace and Growing Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2013
I have managed a storage facility for the last five years. I handle payments, leases, customer issues, vendor relations and general administrative tasks. I have learned how to work independently and efficiently. I have worked under strong district managers who push for us to excel in all levels of our positions.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with customer issues regarding past due rent. In the state of Illinois, when a unit is past due, it is liquidated. I do my best to work with customers to settle out on accounts so they can keep their belongings but unfortunately, it does not always work and we do have to proceed with auctions.

The most enjoyable part of my job is problem solving. I love the sense of accomplishment when I can overcome a difficult situation. It is rewarding coming up with a solution that is beneficial to both my company as well as our customers.
Pros
Health care, working for a company that cares for their employees as well as the community, ability to work independently as well as with others, etc
Cons
Compensation, hours
Great company, management and properties
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaMay 19, 2013
I worked for Metro Self Storage for 3 1/2 years in Sarasota FL. I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company, they provided me with their support and backing during the entire time of my employment. They were excellent in empowering me to do the job needed at my property. I am still in the self storage industry in Texas and always look back on my time with Metro as a great learning and development experience. I compare other companies in the industry to Metro, too bad all companies can't be like this one.
Pros
Great management, empowering their employees, wages and benefits
Cons
Organized, friendly staff, reasonable wages.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILApril 17, 2013
Having worked for three other self storage companies, I can say that Metro Self Storage has a very organized infrastructure. They do seem to care about the quality of the working conditions for their staff. Their wages are comparable and fairly reasonable, though their benefits packages leave much to be desired.

It is an mostly rewarding job but there are a few draw backs. I can say that with 14 years experience in the self storage industry that I have worked for much less pleasant companies.
Pros
fair wages, organized, friendly work environment.
Cons
little room for advancement, poor benefits, micro management.
High Volume Property, Love It
On-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXMarch 28, 2013
This property was very challenging. When I first came to this property, it was at 67% occ sq ft. With a lot of strategic marketing, gaining the trust of the current tenants, delivering Superb Customer Service, and a whole lot TCL, I was able to increase the sq. ft occ to 88.6% in the 1st part of March of 2013.

I love challenges and challenging properties. I have an eye for the smallest detail and no task is too small or too big.
Technically advanced company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Western United StatesFebruary 5, 2013
Metro is on the cutting edge in systems and procedures in the storage industry.
Pros
great company
Cons
centered in mid west
Economy changed style of management to lower standards
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILNovember 14, 2012
Took advanced position with higher compensation and plus benefits with better bonusing
Pros
facility prospered and budgets grew with improvements
Cons
poor leadership, changed three times in four years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Storage LLC. Our community is ready to answer.