Metro Systems Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2017
I loved the customer orriented service in which we provided to others. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and its a great place for a career advancement.
Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 8, 2014
 Managed help desk tickets queue using Foot Prints. Assigned, prioritized, suspended, escalated, and closed tickets. Reply to users questions, and created a log tickets for any new issues.
 Followed Chemonics help desk procedures, provided technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically when necessary, diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues, logged all help desk requests, identify and escalate situations which may impact the core business, track problems and document resolutions, and stay current with the systems information, changes and updates.
 Managed Active Directory, duties include reset passwords, create new accounts, unlocking users, and add users to groups.
 Created new user mailboxes using Exchange Management tool and assign office 365 licenses.
 Public Folder Creation and Distribution groups using Microsoft Exchange.
 Setup Blackberries, Androids, and IPhones. Process includes set-up e-mail account.
 Created and updated Mobile Device documentation for tech support staff.
 Prepared laptops for users. Process including installing appropriate image and software’s, Windows updates, PC peripheral checks, data transfer, and set-up of the workstation.
 Set up workstations and laptops for new employees; configure systems, ensure network connectivity and install and test hardware and software.
 Responsible for setup configuration of laptop templates using ghost software.
 Support operating system components, including firmware, drivers, patches, anti-virus, security and remote access, and also trouble-shooting system applications.
  more...
 Expert level knowledge of Macintosh computer systems. Skilled in the specification, installation, and troubleshooting of Mac Computer systems. Very strong hardware service skills, including extensive experience with upgrades, problem diagnosis and repair.
 Comprehensive knowledge of the Mac OS, including latest iterations of OS X. Knowledgeable in the function and proper use of extensions, updates and patches. Highly experienced in troubleshooting software application and operating system Problems. Familiar with a large variety of Mac software applications.
 Provided technical support for audio visual systems. Assisted in scheduling and coordinating requests for equipment and services.
 Provided technical support for meetings, conferences, and classes. Set up, operated, and removed audiovisual equipment. Maintained and checked proper functioning of equipment’s.
 Configure Cisco IP Based phones by assigning extensions to new users.
 Managed and updated IT Support page.
 Offered excellent customer service in a pleasant and professional manner.
Pros
Cons
Hard work required, but chance to earn lots of $$$
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  AlexandriaMarch 25, 2014
I've worked in the staffing industry since 2005. Throughout my career I always felt like I was a day late and a dollar short with the employers/companies that I worked for. However, Metro Systems presents an opportunity to join a growing and successful company. Metro Systems has our core clients/companies in place and recently had our best year in 2013. The only thing missing is our next Recruiters and Account Managers.

Of course it's not an easy task ahead. But, when do you have the chance to grow an organization, make well above the norm for young professionals/recent college grads and have a chance to earn equity in a growing company? Not often, if ever. This industry and opportunity require each person to look at themselves and ask "can I deliver under pressure?" or "am I really as competitive as I think I am?" or "when I'm dealing with a tough situation, will I dig deep and not quit until the job is done?". Of course everyone in in today's society wants to make incredible $$$ right out of school or at any point in one's career. But, often individuals don't want to invest in the effort up front.

Staffing is a matrix driven profession which requires effort up front in order to achieve maximum success which equals $$$. Metro Systems provides the tools to be successful but they can't motivate the unmotivated. Compared to most Staffing Companies in the industry (some of which I've worked for), others companies don't teach or allow a new recruiters to become successful. The older more established/larger staffing firms hire large numbers of new employees and continue
  more... to screen the new hires throughout the first 3-6 months with no direction. Basically, a "sink or swim" mindset or practice. Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 5 hired will go on to become successful industry leaders. Not at Metro Systems. If you bring a positive attitude and aptitude the rest is teachable. The effort must be present.

But, as is the case in today's market. It's easier to place blame on the employer rather than accept the fact that this industry isn't for everyone.
Pros
$$$, career growth/development, team building, company sponsored HH's, fun environment, 401K, above average base for industry standards, commission, bonuses
Good environment and work life balance, no 401K or benefits
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VaJune 15, 2013
Throughout my time at MSI I learned a lot about the recruiting industry and how contracting works in the DC Metro area. It was a great learning experience and first job. The environment was full of young people and energetic, which was the best part of working there. As for the hardest, I would say the constant revolving door of recruiters and account managers, who I had four of in less then 2 years.