METRO TAXI

METRO TAXI Employer Reviews

Productive and stable environment, wihch enhanced my positive work ethics.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), West Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: inexpensive health care bennifits
Cons: short unpaid lunch breaks.
Able to receive, place and or dispatch taxi rides for customers, in a high call volume center. Learned to communicate well with others, by practicing to speak loud and clear, when on the phones. I worked in a fast pace environment, were I demonstrated my ability to multitask. The most difficult part of this job, is not being able to pick up a customer – more... in a timely fashion. However I try to reassure customers better service next time. On the contrary I love the fact that Metro Taxi provides an equal taxi service for the disabled as well as others, with their wheelchair accessible vehicles . My overall experience at my previous job was a great. – less
productive workplace, easy job, good benefits.
Call Taker (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee, easy job
Cons: short breaks, sitting down a lot.
The co-workers were the part, it's a fun atmosphere, just not at the beginning, it seems like the pressure is too much and every body is serious, but later it becomes really fun. Is not an active job, expect to be sitting down for long periods of time.
This place was a madhouse!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: a teaching experience
Cons: a closed door policy for management
I learned quite a bit about auto pd claims and the taxi business. I worked with attorneys, medical providers, drivers, and mechanics. Each taught me something about the claims I was processing. I also had the opportunity to get involved with the investigative aspects of claims. That was fun. Sometimes it involved returning to the location of the alleged – more... collison, taking photos, interviewing drivers, and gathering evidence from these photos and mechanics. It was a good experience. – less
great people
taxi driver (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
Pros: lease was free on sundays
Cons: long hours work 7 days a week with no days off
It was a fun job just long hours were needed to keep up with the lease. If you wanted to take a day off you still had to pay the lease. At this job I broke even 4 days out of the week sometimes paid out of pocket. But you had to work to keep the money you made on the weekend.
great people
taxi driver (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
Pros: lease was free on sundays
Cons: long hours work 7 days a week with no days off
a cab
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 19, 2013
really not much to say drove a cab around the metro Denver area
Boring job
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 30, 2013
I had worked this job during the graveyard hours. I would call out over the radio where the taxi drivers need to go. I would answer the phone and talk to clients on where they were and where they needed to go. I would sit there mostly and play video games, unless it was bar hour then we would be busy.
Management Positions
Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 4, 2013
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: long hours
Management positions provide many new challenges everyday. Experiences including handling large amounts of cash, dealing with people and different cultures, Automotive maintainance and repair.
metro taxi
Driver (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 7, 2012
Pros: work when you want
Cons: must work 12-16hrs a day to make money
in my experience I found out that no matter how good you do your job, the pay is only relavent to the amount of hours you work. Personally, I dont like that
if your looking for a place to get plenty of work hours the staff is wiling to work with you
Scheduler (Current Employee), West Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2012
Cons: short breaks
It is a life learning experience to work in a fast paced environment and learn different positions.
Exciting work with a friendly staff always willing to help out.
Part-Owner (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2012
Overall, a great place to work and to have fun meeting new people and new challenges. Offered great service to Maricopa County Medical Center and other hospitals, complimentary service to the Phoenix Police Dept. and great service to the gay community.
Mobility Manager/Disability Advocate
Mobility Manager& Disability Advocate (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJune 7, 2012
Cons: impossible to work for
If you like to be micro managed and bullied, you'll love this place.
Management lies about what they do to employees, all directives with no input. Worst place I've ever worked in my very long career. Stay clear of this place. Nice people on the surface, but that quickly turns.
you get what you put in to it ,you have to work hard if you want to see any money
driver (Former Employee), west haven ,ctMarch 12, 2012
Pros: freedom to make your own hours, and work when you want
Cons: all the hours you have to work to make a buck, no job security, the fee's you have to pay, that their company do's not cover
if you like long hours were you work hard for your dollar this is the job for you
dangerous job with no benefits, management is horrible, lease rates are insanely exspensive ($700 per week)
Taxi Driver/Driver Trainer/Handicap Transport (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2012
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: you have to work 14 hours a day, every day to make a living
don't do this for a living, it's not worth it, it's like working for the mafia.
I was able to enhance my knowledge by working in a fast pace environment
customer service representative (Former Employee), west haven,ctFebruary 25, 2012
It was a good experience to work with the public in a professional friendly atmosphere. Being courteous and paying close attention to detail was very important in this position,especially when it came to transporting school children.
enjoyable workplace
telephone operator (Former Employee), stockportDecember 7, 2012
Pros: very rewarding
i was answering the telephone for customers to get a taxi to their destination
excelente forma de ordenar
JEFE DE TALLER (Former Employee), Bogotá, CUNSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: buen servicios prestacionales
Cons: la politica maneja los puestos
Conoci personal muy amables y honestas me gustaba todas mis labores