METRO TAXI Employee Reviews

No so great working conditions
Executive Assistant / HR Ad-Min (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 3, 2017
Working here was tough due to the constant scrutiny from upper management. No one was trusted in the building which lead to poor woking environment. Employees were constantly be written up instead of being trained properly.
It was overall a great exprience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
My experience working here was good. I worked my way from the lowest position in the company to one of the highest position. outside becoming a manager
Pros
health benifits paid vaction
Cons
sometime you feel unappreciated as an employee
Communications manager it's the worst
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2016
The communication manager is the most disgusting person to work with she has the worst attitude, bad temper, makes the work enviorment hostel she is unpleasant. She will get you in trouble and will act the victim to upper management so they terminated you. She makes you feel like she is doing you a favor for having you thier instead of working with you I have lost many of my former employees do to he manipulation to upper management.
Pros
Over time
Cons
No one last more than a year at the call center
nice
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 24, 2016
People was great
A lil hard to get everything right really with high rate of phone calls
Love the job
Answering phones and
Getting people cabs out as soon as probably
Fun place to work.!
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  5909 e 38th ave Denver coAugust 9, 2016
I work for metro taxi for about six months. Metro is a nice job the people that works here are really nice. I really enjoy working here. I work here as a dispatcher. I work from 11pm to 7am. This was a really ruff grave shift. I help people to get their taxi on time. I haded a good customer services because I know Spanish. They where a lot of customers that needed someone who will help them and understand them. This one was my advantage. Love working as a dispatcher.
Fun Workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 19, 2016
It was a job that worked around my school schedule. It allowed me to take full advantage of my school and make the best of my time there.
Cons
no breaks/short hours
Fun and exciting
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 3, 2016
This is the type of job I would recommend for anyone who likes to drive. I learned a lot about the Taxi business (i.e. how to take fares, leasing affairs,airport pickup and drop offs, and locations in the state). Management worked to help out new drivers and older drivers as well, to keep us rolling. I had a lot of fun with my co-workers and their families. The hardest part of the job was the downtime (i.e. when we were slow, vehicle repairs, and wait times for pickups). The best part of the job was building clientele, and establishing new relationships with new and interesting people.
Pros
Family oriented and fun environment
Cons
No healthcare
ok company for beginners
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  65 Industry Way, West Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2016
This company monitors everything you say and do - everything but the bathrooms are monitored. This is very uncomfortable. You are given a "record of discussion" every time you make an error. That is very discouraging for a new employee. We never hear about our strengths, only our weaknesses. While I love interacting with customers over the phone, am so afraid of making a mistake that I cannot effectively do my job. I have no set schedule and the benefits are substandard. There is no right way or wrong way to do the job, only their way. I understand that this is the nature of the call center, but it would be nice if the employer would trust their employees a little more to do the job they are hired for.
Pros
Cons
bad benefits, poor pay
nice job
Cab Driver (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 5, 2016
great job you your own boss potential to make a lot off money no boss around you are your own boss made my own hours the only down side is there are no benefits
Pros
basically you do what you want
Cons
no medical
great worker
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTNovember 22, 2015
A typical day was dispatching Taxi for four different states . Provide medical rides download medical trips and assigned them to drivers. Oversee the call center with a crew anywhere from 4 to 8 people.
Management was not supportive of employees. They Made employees feel unappreciated and over worked. The Hardest part of the job. was not being able to provide the customers with a ride in a timely manner
Pros
Great empolyees. interacting with different drivers in different states. On a daily basis
Cons
management makes you feel unappreciated. Over worked under paid
Productive, fun working place
Taxi Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Good to work at this company
Taxi Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2015
Metro Taxi is one of the leading transportation company in Colorado with an excellent service providing experience. Working at metro taxi providing a good chance to explore and communicate with different people throughout the world.
Pros
Schedual
Horrible company !!
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTOctober 27, 2015
I worked for this company for 5 years and I am being completely honest when I tell you over 150-200 people all left within that time from all positions within the company. The owners are horrible people, and only care about the almighty dollar. Job responsibilities/job were not the problem at all, their system was very good and they were fine in that aspect, just had horrible cabbies who didn't do what they were supposed to. They honestly could care less of their employees as they are raking in the money....How's UBER doing for your business now!?
Pros
Job Duties/Workload
Cons
Everything else - MANAGEMENT/OWNERS
Family like atmosphere
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2015
Easy job. Answer the calls for service, input accurately and done. Nice management, great co-workers, and just nice place to be.
Pros
Keeps your on your toes
Cons
Small space
Great co-workers. Poor management.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2014
Rapid advancement, easy work, plenty of hours, but poorly managed.
Pros
Flexible hours, rapid advancement.
Cons
Unprofessional, unmotivated supervisory staff.
fast pased
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2014
I learned a lot I enjoyed working here, I loved working with the customers helping them get picked up, disliked that not everyone who works here is on the same page.
Productive and stable environment, wihch enhanced my positive work ethics.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Able to receive, place and or dispatch taxi rides for customers, in a high call volume center. Learned to communicate well with others, by practicing to speak loud and clear, when on the phones. I worked in a fast pace environment, were I demonstrated my ability to multitask. The most difficult part of this job, is not being able to pick up a customer in a timely fashion. However I try to reassure customers better service next time. On the contrary I love the fact that Metro Taxi provides an equal taxi service for the disabled as well as others, with their wheelchair accessible vehicles . My overall experience at my previous job was a great.
Pros
Inexpensive health care bennifits
Cons
Short unpaid lunch breaks.
productive workplace, easy job, good benefits.
Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
The co-workers were the part, it's a fun atmosphere, just not at the beginning, it seems like the pressure is too much and every body is serious, but later it becomes really fun. Is not an active job, expect to be sitting down for long periods of time.
Pros
free coffee, easy job
Cons
short breaks, sitting down a lot.
This place was a madhouse!
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2014
I learned quite a bit about auto pd claims and the taxi business. I worked with attorneys, medical providers, drivers, and mechanics. Each taught me something about the claims I was processing. I also had the opportunity to get involved with the investigative aspects of claims. That was fun. Sometimes it involved returning to the location of the alleged collison, taking photos, interviewing drivers, and gathering evidence from these photos and mechanics. It was a good experience.
Pros
A teaching experience
Cons
a closed door policy for management
great people
taxi driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
It was a fun job just long hours were needed to keep up with the lease. If you wanted to take a day off you still had to pay the lease. At this job I broke even 4 days out of the week sometimes paid out of pocket. But you had to work to keep the money you made on the weekend.
Pros
lease was free on sundays
Cons
long hours work 7 days a week with no days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METRO TAXI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7