Metro Transit Employee Reviews

Flexible Schedule!
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 15, 2017
Great place to make a career if you can get along with the general public. Great benefits and a pension. Routes change every 9 weeks. Room to grow within company.
Great pay and benefits...Lots of stress!
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 18, 2017
This job offered great earning potential and great benefits. The hours were long and the job is stressful in many ways. Dealing with public ( the passengers and other motorists) was an ongoing challenge.
Pros
great earning potential and great benefits
Cons
High stress, poor hours, very stressful
great place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
awesome company
thier instrutors really help you get prepared for the tests
everyone there wants you to succeed
they give you all the tools you need its up to you though
Management is scared to build a quality team
Signals Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 16, 2017
Union environment and HR make it difficult to get rid of weak performers. There really isn't much more to say, but this box tells me there has to be 140 characters.
Benefits
Cons
work hours, no accountability
Place to rest and workout when your done at your work schedule
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55411April 25, 2017
I do enjoy working with metro transit, However, I do have bus accident and the management let me go. I do like working customers. the management team are great to be working them. The working condition were great place. the people that i do work with are easy to be with them.
Pros
lot of over time
Cons
Unions bad to be working with them
Unique and Interesting Job
Rail Transit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2017
Job consists of day to day operations of the Metro Transit Light Rail System. Thinking out of the box in a fast paced environment is essential but not a job requirement.
Pros
Chance to earn time off.
Cons
Pay is a bit weak. Job is 24/7 ...nights, weekends, and holidays.
Awesome
Coach Operator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 16, 2017
I work with the public doing a lot of directing, costumer service, and driving a 40 foot coach. The things I have learned on this job and from the job are to pick your battles somethings are worth getting into conflict with, and if you treat others with respect and dignity they will give it back plus. On this job the people I transport from day to day and my awesome co-workers make the job enjoyable. I'm very well respected and honored on my job this a great reward all by itself.
Pros
strong Leadership
Cons
management can do better
Excellent company
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 7, 2017
Metro Transit is an excellent company to work for, with great benefits and working culture. I would recommend the company to anyone.
Great work environment. I love working with the public.
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2017
I am truly a people person, so the fact that my office had wheels was very rewarding. Being a public servant in any positive way is very rewarding for me. My co-workers and managers were easy to work with as well. I do my job very well without needing someone looking over my shoulders to make sure it's being done.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Not a lot of family time
Very fast-paced and fulfilling industry exposure.
Diesel/LRV train tech paid internship. (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNNovember 19, 2016
Still early in paid internship/mentoring program; rapid advancement available due to current retirement openings.
good place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2016
Nice place to work with good salary. good training opportunities. dealing with the public with constant interaction with the public.
career
Supervisor/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 10, 2016
great place to work very diverse group always hiring drivers and the benefits are at the top I started as a part time driver and quickly moved into maintenance
very interesting place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 27, 2016
very nice people to work with, was a very good place to work, I enjoyed the years I spent there. a days work varied from day to day depending on the public riders, management was great in my opinion. the hardest part of the job was dealing with all those different personalities pf people who rode the bus and train.the most enjoyable part of the job was the great benefits it had and the ability to move to different routes at certain time alloted by the company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
split shifts
Fun place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2016
GREAT PLACE TO WORK love the people great commute not enough bathroom breaks over crowded streets and buses and sometimes not enough seats
and not enough enforcement of the rules
a great place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2016
I currently work for metro transit in minneapolis, mn. This is an awesome place to work. I have only great things to say about this employer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long work days
a nice starter job for an individual without kids
service lane attendant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 4, 2016
it's repetitive work with the buses running six days a week. I've learned how to actually drive the buses through me having to park them everyday and management is small but efficient... the most difficult part of the job would have to be detailing a forty foot bus within a seven hour period.
Pros
the job offers stability. as long as the public rides the buses i'll have a job.
Cons
you work six days a week, 40 hours and no overtime is offered.
Very dedicated amazing people who really make you feel like you are apart of something great
Customer Serivce Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
I do really enjoy Metro as a hole from my experience working there. if you are new there they will make you fit right in. Everyone there will help you with anything you need and will get the job done
Excellent Place to Work
Metro Transit (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2015
Great place to work. Decent pay with great benefits. Good leaders within the organization at many levels. Hardest part of the job is the political aspect of it (i.e. at the state levels of government). Internal office politics are minimal with an overall great cast of leaders passionate about what they do.
Pros
Great work-life balance, great leadership at the GM level, and a number of great directors in the organization.
Relaxed but serious workplace filled with passionate people.
Technical Intern, Transit Oriented Development (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2015
Supportive of interns and provided opportunities for advancement within the company. Co-workers are happy in their jobs, helpful, and friendly but keep to themselves. Management is happy to work with interns to guide the internship into a productive learning experience.

I learned how GIS might be utilized by a government agency. I learned what it means to explain the possibilities and limitations of GIS to those unfamiliar with its capabilities.
Pros
Friendly, supportive co-workers; fair salary for interns
Cons
Na
Golden handcuffs.
Transit Mechanic, Journey level (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
A decent opportunity to get into a career with just experience and some education, work hours and conditions can be extreme though, Metro is a 24/7 agency and work is definitely all weather.
compensation is quite good, management structure tends to be political.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
a lot of odd shift hours and some politics