Metro Transit Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2016
I currently work for metro transit in minneapolis, mn. This is an awesome place to work. I have only great things to say about this employer.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long work days
a nice starter job for an individual without kids
service lane attendant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 4, 2016
it's repetitive work with the buses running six days a week. I've learned how to actually drive the buses through me having to park them everyday and management is small but efficient... the most difficult part of the job would have to be detailing a forty foot bus within a seven hour period.
Pros
the job offers stability. as long as the public rides the buses i'll have a job.
Cons
you work six days a week, 40 hours and no overtime is offered.
Very dedicated amazing people who really make you feel like you are apart of something great
Customer Serivce Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
I do really enjoy Metro as a hole from my experience working there. if you are new there they will make you fit right in. Everyone there will help you with anything you need and will get the job done
Excellent Place to Work
Metro Transit (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2015
Great place to work. Decent pay with great benefits. Good leaders within the organization at many levels. Hardest part of the job is the political aspect of it (i.e. at the state levels of government). Internal office politics are minimal with an overall great cast of leaders passionate about what they do.
Pros
Great work-life balance, great leadership at the GM level, and a number of great directors in the organization.
Relaxed but serious workplace filled with passionate people.
Technical Intern, Transit Oriented Development (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2015
Supportive of interns and provided opportunities for advancement within the company. Co-workers are happy in their jobs, helpful, and friendly but keep to themselves. Management is happy to work with interns to guide the internship into a productive learning experience.

I learned how GIS might be utilized by a government agency. I learned what it means to explain the possibilities and limitations of GIS to those unfamiliar with its capabilities.
Pros
Friendly, supportive co-workers; fair salary for interns
Cons
NA
Golden handcuffs.
Transit Mechanic, Journey level (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
A decent opportunity to get into a career with just experience and some education, work hours and conditions can be extreme though, Metro is a 24/7 agency and work is definitely all weather.
compensation is quite good, management structure tends to be political.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
a lot of odd shift hours and some politics
Poor labor relation between union and management employees
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2015
Metro has poor safety standards and have no concern for the well being of their union employees. Management need sensitivity training.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks and bad schedules
fun work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2015
driving and meeting different people great job hours not so great but over all i like it. should have been in transportation long time ago. by far one of the best jobs i have come across. Management could be a little better but other then that metro is a pretty good job.
Dangerous and stressfull job.
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is driving around people who break every rule on the bus.
I learned not to let high pay blind me.
Some co-workers are friendly, but others act in the workers lounge as you would expect in high school.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to get written up for small incidents.
The pay and benefits is the only good thing about the job.
Pros
great pay and benifits.
Cons
dangerous and managers rarley back you.
A fun place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis. MOJanuary 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. My co-workers are fun. Management is wonderful!! The hardest part of the job, was to retire after my tenure had come
Pros
meeting people
A great place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNJanuary 2, 2015
My day usually started around 4a.m.
I learned how to deal with a wide variety of personalities
The management was great, easy to talk to
My co-workers were the best, it was like have 60 brothers and sisters
Hardest part of the job was snow, traffic, and detours
The most enjoyable part of the job, was to work independently.
Pros
everyday was different, never the same
Cons
i got punched twice.
N/a
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2014
Great place to work. I would refer this company to anyone. I enjoy the atmosphere, and I love coming to work. the people are kind, friendly and helpful.
Pros
flexibility
Awesome place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2014
Great place to work. Very organized. Management was very engaged in work place operations.
Pros
great hours
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2014
There are a number of different things about working at Metro that you would normally not encounter at other jobs. The split shifts can be difficult to deal. However, the pay is excellent and the medical and dental benefits are also top notch. The supervisors and managers are extremely fair. This is a job that can be considered a career.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
split shifts can certainly cause issues at home
Good place to work.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2014
Meet new people everyday and you get to help special needs passengers. Make you feel you are making a difference in people life everyday.
Great Benefits
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2014
I drive passenger to work in their destination in a safely manner everyday. The part I like about this work is meeting new people everyday and the worst part of this job is having to deal with drunk people on the bus and some passenger trying to kill another passenger on my bus. Things I learned about this job is to have lots of patient with my passengers and to handle each situation/problem as they come with calm demeanor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
depending on your seniority, you will drive night- owl shift (12:00 a.m - 8:00 a.m.)
it was very interesting working there
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 14, 2014
A lot of the management is uneducated and very unprofessional. 90% of management don't know how to treat the employees. They talk to you as if you where lower than them. The worse part about it, they don't want to go get any training to better themselves. Instead of being happy that one of their co-workers have went to another level, they would get jealous. Like a crab mentality. Most of the other bus operators are mean to the passengers and unprofessional. If your head is bad, how good is the body going to be. I pray that one day things change.
Pros
getting paid every week
Cons
dealing with staff and co workers
Productive and fun work place
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2014
A lot of fun working there. Very good people to work with. Everyone was always happy, and made it a good atmosphere to work in.
Relaxed work environment
City Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working in professional environment and helping customers with their concerns and learned how to up sale.
Pros
set schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, working on weekends
average with ping pong checker table weights
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2014
a good jod not the best .many inexperienced bosses.the best part of the job had to do with the education advancement opportunities which were readily available an could land you into management positions.
Pros
one of the better job careers i have had.
Cons
compared to other jobs -just very average with poor supervision

4.2