Metro Transit

Metro Transit Employee Reviews

Golden handcuffs.
Transit Mechanic, Journey level (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: good compensation
Cons: a lot of odd shift hours and some politics
A decent opportunity to get into a career with just experience and some education, work hours and conditions can be extreme though, Metro is a 24/7 agency and work is definitely all weather.
compensation is quite good, management structure tends to be political.
Poor labor relation between union and management employees
Bus Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short breaks and bad schedules
Metro has poor safety standards and have no concern for the well being of their union employees. Management need sensitivity training.
fun work place
Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2015
driving and meeting different people great job hours not so great but over all i like it. should have been in transportation long time ago. by far one of the best jobs i have come across. Management could be a little better but other then that metro is a pretty good job.
Dangerous and stressfull job.
BUS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great pay and benifits.
Cons: dangerous and managers rarley back you.
A typical day at work is driving around people who break every rule on the bus.
I learned not to let high pay blind me.
Some co-workers are friendly, but others act in the workers lounge as you would expect in high school.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to get written up for small incidents.
The pay and benefits is the only good thing about the job.
A fun place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis. MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: meeting people
I enjoyed working with this company. My co-workers are fun. Management is wonderful!! The hardest part of the job, was to retire after my tenure had come
A great place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Richfield, MNJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: everyday was different, never the same
Cons: i got punched twice.
My day usually started around 4a.m.
I learned how to deal with a wide variety of personalities
The management was great, easy to talk to
My co-workers were the best, it was like have 60 brothers and sisters
Hardest part of the job was snow, traffic, and detours
The most enjoyable part of the job, was to work independently.
N/A
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Great place to work. I would refer this company to anyone. I enjoy the atmosphere, and I love coming to work. the people are kind, friendly and helpful.
Awesome place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: long hours
Great place to work. Very organized. Management was very engaged in work place operations.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: split shifts can certainly cause issues at home
There are a number of different things about working at Metro that you would normally not encounter at other jobs. The split shifts can be difficult to deal. However, the pay is excellent and the medical and dental benefits are also top notch. The supervisors and managers are extremely fair. This is a job that can be considered a career.
Good place to work.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2014
Meet new people everyday and you get to help special needs passengers. Make you feel you are making a difference in people life everyday.
Great Benefits
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: depending on your seniority, you will drive night- owl shift (12:00 a.m - 8:00 a.m.)
I drive passenger to work in their destination in a safely manner everyday. The part I like about this work is meeting new people everyday and the worst part of this job is having to deal with drunk people on the bus and some passenger trying to kill another passenger on my bus. Things I learned about this job is to have lots of patient with my passengers and to handle each situation/problem as they come with calm demeanor.
Productive and fun work place
Service Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 20, 2014
A lot of fun working there. Very good people to work with. Everyone was always happy, and made it a good atmosphere to work in.
Relaxed work environment
City Bus Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 10, 2014
Pros: set schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, working on weekends
I really enjoyed working in professional environment and helping customers with their concerns and learned how to up sale.
average with ping pong checker table weights
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: one of the better job careers i have had.
Cons: compared to other jobs -just very average with poor supervision
a good jod not the best .many inexperienced bosses.the best part of the job had to do with the education advancement opportunities which were readily available an could land you into management positions.
Good company
Metro Bus Driver (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: route changing every other month
Drive bus routes and help passengers find destinations. Make sure buses are running properly.
They have cable t.v and pool tables for employees
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), St.LouisJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free bus rides
Cons: management work against employees
Good place to work. you meet a lot of different peolple.They have good benifit along with vaccation time and sick time.The people you work with are really nice. I would like to still be working there.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, level of training is outstanding
Overall, a great company to work for. If you have the right attitude, you will succeed!
Productive work environment, great management.
City Bus Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 11, 2013
Pros: driver appreciation day, family day, driver rodeo, retirement parties.
Cons: demanding work schedule.
I worked a split shift. Every three months my schedule would change. I picked work according to my daily life. I would clock in every morning no later then 5 am; clock in on time with an extra ten minutes to spare, get my bus for the morning from dispatch, check the detour board, grab my bus schedules, pre-trip my bus, and pull out. I'd pull back in a few hours later with completion on of my first half of the day. I'd clock back in in the afternoon no later than 4pm and do the same procedure. Pull back in where instructed to do so and go home.
I've learned so much on the job it has truly been an experience. I've learned how to handle hostile situations in an appropriate manor, safety, and proactively. I've took safety key classes and have complete knowledge of the Smith System. I've received Outstanding Bus Operator awards and Safe Driving awards as well. I've learned how to read maps and use good judgment in any and all types of situations which I can use and apply to my daily normal life style. I've learned how to drive safe and be safe at all times. I've learned how to care for people in many different ways and react to situations appropriately and prompt. My management at Metro Transit was great and I got a long with every co-worker. The hardest part of my job was to drive in snow when the streets were not properly plowed. The most enjoyable part of my job was actually driving and interacting with passengers.
Public service position as well as transportation
Bus operator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 24, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: irrate customers (riders)
Being a Metro Transit driver first of all requires one to be on time to work every day. The system operates on time and schedules and being on time to work is a must. Dealing with traffic along with passengers can be difficult or challenging at times. It can also be interesting and fun meeting and interacting with all kinds of different people on a daily basis. Bus operators are generally a supportive group of people because we all know the challenges we face dealing with the public. We come back to the garage and share stories of the day. As long as an operator came to work every day on time and did there job they had few to no problems with managers. We report to dispatchers and they know what we face when we pull out and were usually always supportive of the drivers. I enjoyed being on my own and of course the rate of pay was good.
Good leadership
Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2013
I learned a good amount in my internship.
The leadership was positive and the company has good views for the future.
Only negative was that it could use some fresh ideas.

Metro Transit Salaries