Metro West Medical Center

Metro West Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great family like atmoshphere
Staff (Former Employee), Natick, MAMay 13, 2014
Pros: atmposhpere
Cons: management
Not very well managed, from the top down. Administration is penny wise pound foolish. Motto is save money at all costs, even if it affects your employees negatively. Hospital can't seem to make money, just barely staying afloat.

Great people in the lower echelon. Feels like a big family because it's a small place. Some encouragement of tattle-tales.
i dont feel comfortable writing anything here
Unit Secretary - Maternity Floor (Current Employee), Framingham, MAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free prescriptions from the hospital pharmacy
Cons: sometimes i feel like i have no co-workers and all bosses
I learned a tremendous amount about the medical field, since I started off with zero knowledge on this topic. There is no real "typical day" as each one depends on who you are working with and who the patients are and how they behave. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people whose lack of English is so profound that I am unable to communicate – more... with them at all..The most enjoyable part is when I get asked to quiet a screaming baby or when I get to tuck a warm blanket around a patient and make them feel cozy and loved. I would imagine that being a manager of this unit is not an easy job. – less
Friendly Staff but facility lacking newer technology
Radiation Therapy Student (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 8, 2014
This clinical site was one of my first locations and was definitely a good introduction to radiation therapy for me. Due to the older technology, I was able to get a better grasp on how things were done before much of the digital technologies and imaging were introduced which was helpful, especially for my certification exam. The staff was friendly – more... and helpful although the pace was sometimes so slow that I found it difficult to keep myself occupied. – less
I miss this Hospital very much.
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: hospital's workers just looks like family, they care about you.
Cons: didn't get sufficient funding from outside sources compare to newton wellesley hospital, they get gigantic donations from riches; that is it.
I had been working in Metro-West Hospital for over 13 years, My department shut down because of outsourcing, For all these years;I had worked two department, Laboratory and Histology, co-workers around me just look like family, help each other, respect with each other. Management very nice, they will tell you what comes up after their meeting. Because – more... the insurance reimbursements making the hospital financial in deep burden and caused us got laid-off. But I still feel so thankful for all these 13 years is the most enjoyable working place that is part of my Best memories. – less
productive and friendly enviroment
Office Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Natick, MAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: direct deposit, long breaks
I would greet many patience and it was enjoyable to work in an environment where there was a good amount of interaction with people. Management was challenging there were demands coming from different directions. From updating a patient's medical record to scheduling an appointment that was conflicting with peoples everyday schedules.
Productive work place
REGISTRATION REP (Current Employee), Framingham, MAMay 20, 2013
repetitive work schedule, wonderful coworkers, love working with patients and helping them
I work in a very busy unit
Patient Care Associate /Unit secretary (Current Employee), Linconl st FraminghamJuly 29, 2012
Transcription:
A. Accurately transcribes physician ordersand notifies the appropriate nursing staff. Initiates and maintains patient care Kardex. Recopies MAR (Medication Administration Record) forms.
B. Enters and coordinates computer data on all patients in the unit.

2. Communication / Coordination:
A. Coordinates with other Hospital departments, – more... such as Radiology, Houskeeping, Laboratories, Social Services, etc. to request and obtain supplies and services. Works with nursing staff to coordinate patient transfers to and from the unit.
B. Serves as the unit's communication person, answering phone calls, taking and relaying messages. Answers questions of visitors, physicians, or other departments in person or by phone. Initiates emergency protocol under the direction of a physician or nurse.
C. Receives and directs visitors and family members. Provides routine information regarding Hospital and unit.

I have a wonderful co-workers and we all work as a team!
I enjoy what I do and I feel glad when I can see I have done all my job. – less
Knowledgeable community hospital
Staff and charge nurse (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMay 2, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: more concerned with appearance than employees
For profit hospital, seemed more concerned with appearance than caring for it's staff. Sign in parking lot threatening employees cars would be towed if parked there. Come on, we should all be adults.
Great Place to work.
food service worker (Former Employee), framingham maSeptember 1, 2011
I enjoyed every moment working for the company made some wonderful friends. If I could go back to work for the company in another department so I could grow it would be great. I recommend this company to everyone looking for employment.

About Metro West Medical Center

MetroWest Medical Center's Cancer Care Center provides state-of-the-art prevention, diagnostic, treatment, and support services – Read more