Metro Employee Reviews

Learning the different areas around St. Louis and getting there other than the Highway.
VAN OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2017
A typical work day consisted of driving constantly. Passengers for the most part were easy to get along with and I learned to me a little more patient than normally am. The management was easy to get along with and I didn't have any issues with any managers. The workplace culture was okay except or a select few of drivers who ALWAYS complain about everything! The hardest part of the job was driving for more than eight hours. The most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits and interacting with the passengers.
Pros
Great benefits, paid holidays and the Union.
Cons
Point system doesn't work well with small children.
Great place to work at.
Professional bus driver (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I learned a lot of new things. They treated me fairly everyone their was friendly my bosses were great. They tough me how to drive buses they trained me.
Towing and Recovery
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Neosho, MOFebruary 7, 2017
I was the office manager of this company for nearly a year, I oversaw the dispatchers, A/P A/R, invoicing and billing the insurance companies, mechanic shops, and dealerships. Applied for titles on abandoned vehicles. Unfortunately , all of the appropriate tools were at my disposal, with many years of knowledge in this type of business I saw the deterioration of this company, along with unable to cash payroll checks for myself and other employees. The overall environment of this position was great most of the time, but needed to move onto another position due to knowledge of the company failing.
Pros
Busy atmosphere, and strong knowledge of position
Cons
Inadiquate ownership of the company, unable to maintain day to day finacial responsibilities
Hardwork, good compensation and the most fun people and workplace. Another culture
Independent Sales Executive / Florida (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day: Submitting reports, quoting with suppliers, visiting my clients, innovate on opportunities to sell, meetings, events, team support, noise, theres always something. From the 1rst day I believe in my product and I transmit that feeling to my customers/ clients. We were the underdogs on the industry so I learn to managed my anger and to be focused on my goal. Management was very young but still always considering their sales team. My co-workers ...my team. The hardest part of the job, is to assist to an event when you really can't because of mommy duties. The most enjoyable part....there were always a reason to celebrate...#westandtogether
Pros
continuos learning
Not productive
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 13, 2017
People were not professional in the work environment
Rude cared little about the employees
Hard work under paid not enough hours
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44117December 31, 2016
Gives you the opportunity to work with the public and observe various personality and how to cope with changes. it also gives you the opportunity to build life skills and customer relations.
Pros
Trust and jobrelaions with team work
Cons
Having the abilty to cope with challenges
Very large company
Strategic Initiatives Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 27, 2016
A large company with many different departments and many different projects. It is possible to find a position that aligns with your interests. The company carries a lot of muscle in terms of development (beyond transit) in the city.
Great and exciting
Customer Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
Meeting new people everyday and going to different areas of Houston I didn't know existed. I was passing out surveys to the customer's as they entered the bus or metro rail.
Pros
traveling around Houston
Cons
it was a temporary assignment
Moving disabled clients through the city safely and efficiently within time restraints.
Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2016
Driving 10 hours daily picking up and dropping off disabled and mentally challenged clients to various destinations.

I learned a person with a disability could be anyone from any walk of life. Self employment is very disciplined if you expect to be successful.

The hardest part of this job were the hours put in daily and driving during inclement weather. Safety first always.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when your client looked to their assigned driver daily or for all pickups.
Pros
Talking with clients about life.
Cons
Driving in inclement weather, long hours.
Really nice people and loved working there and payed very well
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 17, 2016
The workers were very nice payed very good and always was happy everyday when I went to work the management was very nice the most enjoyable thing about work is when I got home to see my kids and the hardest part was not seeing my family
Pros
Payed very good
Awesome
Metro Transit Field Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2016
I worked a seasonal gig for the metro and i loved it. The pay was great and the job was interactive and made the day go by fast. Management couldn't of been better and my co workers where friendly good people.
Pros
Free bus cards
get company
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2016
great company to work for just some of the management can be a little rude at times but customers are great , yards are very close to all homes from the valley to south central
Better management of a Great company
Professional Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2016
I enjoy the relationship I make with the public and my co-workers. This makes coming to work worth while. I have learned so much from wearing multiple hats on this job with dealing with the customers and their everyday struggles and achievements. the hardest part of this work environment is the inability to move up in this company and utilize your skills without belonging to a "KLICK", nevertheless, it is one of the most self fulfilling positions I have had in my work experience, because of the passengers I have encountered on many of my routes.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Horribly managed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2016
company is rebuilding but still hasn't separated from the old metro. constant lack of communication, or miscommunication.
Pros
guaranteed overtime
Cons
lack of guidance
I Love It
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 8, 2016
It's An Okay Job! I'm Not Complaining About The Job! I Love Working & I Plan On Working Until I Have To Retire From Finding Jobs. I Love Working With People & Doing Things For People & Being Treated With Respect
Great company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
The only reason I left was that at the time, there were limited opportunities to advance. It is a fun place to work and everyone I worked with got along inside and outside of work.
Pros
challenging, enables a healthy lifestyle, great life to work balance
Cons
somewhat limited upward mobility
Metro
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
Get a chance to meet new people on a daily basis...Able to assist passengers in getting to their destinations in a timely manner
Great Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 12, 2016
I love this company management , benefits, was great and organized company, they care about there employees always kept you busy. The hours were long and location was far but the job was fun while you work.
benefits
Cons
distance
Rewarding
Free Lance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2016
I enjoy working my *side* job, as i like to call it. I definitely haven't made it my full time job. I hope to in the future, when i get my license.
Ordering stocks and keep inventory healthy
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marina SquareMay 22, 2016
manage staffs in their routine daily job scope.
Learn to be independence in ordering stocks level.
Enjoy dealing with customers and even do the delivery for others country and liase with some vendors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro. Our community is ready to answer.