Metro

Metro Employee Reviews

****
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2015
The job was very enjoyable; however, when new director was hired the atmosphere was no longer enjoyable. I truly hope when a new director of schools is hired the person will take a REAL look at the director and the enormous turn-over in the department.
Great Job
Driver (Former Employee), St Louis,MOJuly 23, 2015
A typical day would include driving at least 200 miles in a 10 hour shift. I met people from different walks of life. I engaged in conversations with people and got a better understanding of different disabilities and health issues.
Metro Review
Driver (Current Employee), St LouisJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Driving, customer service
Cons: Dangerous situations
The job is fine I just have to deal with dangerous individuals on the bus and would like something safer. Overall the job was great but a lot of dangerous situations occurred on the bus including drugs, and guns. I feel I would be safer.
great place
Coach Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
great place to work, great atmosphere, good people, friendly environment, excellent training staff, newer equipment
i enjoyed my time at metro. Its just the time in my live , I need to advancement
bus operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: dealing with traffic
I inspect my bus and equipment daily. I made daily logs. I drive safely around town picking up customers taking them their locations. I collect fare. I use excellent customer services.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2015
I got to learned how to use Varonis DatAdvantage. I also got to view the server room and assemble a few new servers for the upgrade. My co-workers were friendly and helpful when I had questions.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2015
Metro was a great place to work for and much room for Advancement. I learned many Administrative skills and was also part of the leadership team which allowed me to work closely with our customers.
There is too much emphasis put on standardized testing and too little time to actually teach students what they need to learn.
Member of TEA (Former Employee), Madison, TNMay 31, 2015
Pros: The students!
Cons: Too many PD meetings during our planning time, no funding for field trips for our high poverty school, not enouch positive feedback from administration
Teach smarter not harder. Good Classroom management. Weekly lesson plans meeting. Our favorite good-bye song and say I love you!
you become family with those you work with
sales rep (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
had a great time at the job i learned more about phones and made a decent living off of it.you learn simple ways to fix major problems with phones, as well as learn different communication skills. as well as learning different ways to handle many different problems with customers.
Everywhere, we can learn something new.
Seller (Former Employee), HungaryMay 26, 2015
Pros: shopping
Cons: travel to the workplace
I was a seller at the last workplace. A typical day at work: I checked what kind of goods have arrived in warehouse and I had put out into place. Then I helped customers to find what they searched.
My boss was amazing. He helped the employees to see the beauty of work. The funniest moment was that we sold the decorations. My co-workers were helpful too. I learned that if the work is hard, don't give up. Give it a good try or ask for help.
I like sciencing with children
STUDIO MANAGEMENT STAFF (Former Employee), LagosMay 9, 2015
I work everyday on Monday to Saturday from 7am to 4pm and I have learned to be respectful to everyone irrespective of age or gender. The management was conducive and every part of the surrounding is well kept and unique.

My co workers are always on time to work and easy to co operation and also we work as team for the betterment of the company. The hardest part of the job is the part of not been annoyed at every point in time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we meet different people on a daily basis.
Great Job, if you would like to learn the Houston area.
M V Transportation (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: On your own bus with a GPS
Cons: updating GPS if in a new area
Great people and love helping out.Learning others disabilities and where they are going. You do travel all over and you have great people to talk to while they wait to get where they need to go.
Nice working place with a good atmosphere
Features assistant editor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Bagels on Thursdays, free books and food, invitations to events
Starting my day at 10.30am the atmosphere at work always felt good. The open space gives the chance to talk to anyone and allows a better way of working all together.
Meetings were set daily in order to know what everyone was working on and therefore created a strong collaborative set of mind.
The hardest part of the job was the fast woking pace, but once we get used to it, it becomes a habit.
exciting work place
Van Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
driving passengers to and from destination loading and unloading co-workers are really nice and fun to be around would recommend this job to other people
Busy and Productive
LRT/ IT Operator Tech I (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: scheduling
Safety and great customer service, ability to manage time in critical situations. Management is flexible and able to work with you at times. The hardest part is learning all the guidelines
It was my own business. I had a lot of fun.
Construction site power tool technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: working when i wanted to.
Cons: no healthcare. no steady work.
it was great. but had no insurance. And the work was not steady.I would go to job sights and fix power tools. Sometimes on sight. Sometimes at home.
Great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun and friendly
Cons: no cons
A great family company to work for. They care a lot about their employee. Everyone there is super helpful and friendly. Its also a very casual atmosphere and fun work enviroment.
DONT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
STORAGE (Former Employee), CHICAGOFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: everything
DONT APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT HERE !! THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. HOURS ARE HORRIBLE PAY IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORK LOAD IS WAY TO MUCH TO COMPLETE IN A 7 TO 8 HOUR SHIFT.
NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE NEVER SATISFIED NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK.

DEAD END JOB FOR SURE!!
Good job for working with the public.
Hazardous Waste Technician (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the new faces.
Cons: the political jobs.
Working with the public is the highlight of the job. Dyed in the wool public employees and the political undercurrent need to be minimized.
Very Established Company
STAFF ON SITE (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 2, 2015
This company showed me a lot of great views in the rental/sales business. Very hard working/knowledgeable group that you can really learn well from if you're determined for success in manufactured home sales/rentals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Metro

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more

Metro Salaries