Metro Employee Reviews

Great and exciting
Customer Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2016
Meeting new people everyday and going to different areas of Houston I didn't know existed. I was passing out surveys to the customer's as they entered the bus or metro rail.
Pros
traveling around Houston
Cons
it was a temporary assignment
Moving disabled clients through the city safely and efficiently within time restraints.
Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2016
Driving 10 hours daily picking up and dropping off disabled and mentally challenged clients to various destinations.

I learned a person with a disability could be anyone from any walk of life. Self employment is very disciplined if you expect to be successful.

The hardest part of this job were the hours put in daily and driving during inclement weather. Safety first always.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when your client looked to their assigned driver daily or for all pickups.
Pros
Talking with clients about life.
Cons
Driving in inclement weather, long hours.
Really nice people and loved working there and payed very well
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 17, 2016
The workers were very nice payed very good and always was happy everyday when I went to work the management was very nice the most enjoyable thing about work is when I got home to see my kids and the hardest part was not seeing my family
Pros
Payed very good
Awesome
Metro Transit Field Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 27, 2016
I worked a seasonal gig for the metro and i loved it. The pay was great and the job was interactive and made the day go by fast. Management couldn't of been better and my co workers where friendly good people.
Pros
Free bus cards
get company
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2016
great company to work for just some of the management can be a little rude at times but customers are great , yards are very close to all homes from the valley to south central
Better management of a Great company
Professional Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2016
I enjoy the relationship I make with the public and my co-workers. This makes coming to work worth while. I have learned so much from wearing multiple hats on this job with dealing with the customers and their everyday struggles and achievements. the hardest part of this work environment is the inability to move up in this company and utilize your skills without belonging to a "KLICK", nevertheless, it is one of the most self fulfilling positions I have had in my work experience, because of the passengers I have encountered on many of my routes.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Horribly managed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 11, 2016
company is rebuilding but still hasn't separated from the old metro. constant lack of communication, or miscommunication.
Pros
guaranteed overtime
Cons
lack of guidance
I Love It
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHAugust 8, 2016
It's An Okay Job! I'm Not Complaining About The Job! I Love Working & I Plan On Working Until I Have To Retire From Finding Jobs. I Love Working With People & Doing Things For People & Being Treated With Respect
Great company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2016
The only reason I left was that at the time, there were limited opportunities to advance. It is a fun place to work and everyone I worked with got along inside and outside of work.
Pros
challenging, enables a healthy lifestyle, great life to work balance
Cons
somewhat limited upward mobility
Metro
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2016
Get a chance to meet new people on a daily basis...Able to assist passengers in getting to their destinations in a timely manner
Great Company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 12, 2016
I love this company management , benefits, was great and organized company, they care about there employees always kept you busy. The hours were long and location was far but the job was fun while you work.
benefits
Cons
distance
Rewarding
Free Lance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2016
I enjoy working my *side* job, as i like to call it. I definitely haven't made it my full time job. I hope to in the future, when i get my license.
Ordering stocks and keep inventory healthy
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marina SquareMay 22, 2016
manage staffs in their routine daily job scope.
Learn to be independence in ordering stocks level.
Enjoy dealing with customers and even do the delivery for others country and liase with some vendors.
Always busy
Reservationist/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
This call center constantly had the phones going off and sometimes the managers did not care about it and often let the phones go off and ring, ring, ring. I learned on how to work fast paced because we hardly received help from Supervisors.
Great place to work!
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2016
A dynamic and exciting place to work. Employees are passionate about open spaces, environment, sustainability and waste reduction.
Too many tests for students and evaluations for teachers, no teaching allowed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNMarch 17, 2016
Taught all elementary subjects, communicated with parents daily, classroom management, weekly grade level meetings, biweekly professional development classes, monthly faculty meetings, weekly lesson plans, before and after school duties, and numerous other teacher responsibilities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible work enviornment, no support with difficult students, no parental involvement
You can feed your family but not work it
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
Stress level high Co-workers are great. Can be dangerous because you never know who is boarding the bus. Can be cursed out on a daily basis depending on what route you are driving. Have to drive for every other driver on the road.
Pros
the pay is ok
Cons
not work the level of stress that you deal with
Great environment and employees
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2016
Its a great company, and they breed great co-workers. They give help when needed, and they have great response time for any issues.
The Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the operators and helping them whenever necessary.
Transit Service Manager/Station Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2015
Metro is an enjoyable place to work.
There is a lot of opportunity for growth.
Management team is very supportive and always looking for new ways to improve the business of transporing cusomters.
a nice environment to help me understand hard work
Office intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2015
helped me improve my computer skills, which i'm thankful for. my experience overall was good and i had a patient manager who taught me everything i know.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval