Metro

Metro Employee Reviews

you become family with those you work with
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 27, 2015
had a great time at the job i learned more about phones and made a decent living off of it.you learn simple ways to fix major problems with phones, as well as learn different communication skills. as well as learning different ways to handle many different problems with customers.
Everywhere, we can learn something new.
Seller (Former Employee) –  HungaryMay 26, 2015
I was a seller at the last workplace. A typical day at work: I checked what kind of goods have arrived in warehouse and I had put out into place. Then I helped customers to find what they searched.
My boss was amazing. He helped the employees to see the beauty of work. The funniest moment was that we sold the decorations. My co-workers were helpful too. I learned that if the work is hard, don't give up. Give it a good try or ask for help.
Pros
shopping
Cons
travel to the workplace
I like sciencing with children
STUDIO MANAGEMENT STAFF (Former Employee) –  LagosMay 9, 2015
I work everyday on Monday to Saturday from 7am to 4pm and I have learned to be respectful to everyone irrespective of age or gender. The management was conducive and every part of the surrounding is well kept and unique.

My co workers are always on time to work and easy to co operation and also we work as team for the betterment of the company. The hardest part of the job is the part of not been annoyed at every point in time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we meet different people on a daily basis.
Great Job, if you would like to learn the Houston area.
M V Transportation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Great people and love helping out.Learning others disabilities and where they are going. You do travel all over and you have great people to talk to while they wait to get where they need to go.
Pros
On your own bus with a GPS
Cons
updating GPS if in a new area
Nice working place with a good atmosphere
Features assistant editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Starting my day at 10.30am the atmosphere at work always felt good. The open space gives the chance to talk to anyone and allows a better way of working all together.
Meetings were set daily in order to know what everyone was working on and therefore created a strong collaborative set of mind.
The hardest part of the job was the fast woking pace, but once we get used to it, it becomes a habit.
Pros
Bagels on Thursdays, free books and food, invitations to events
exciting work place
Van Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2015
driving passengers to and from destination loading and unloading co-workers are really nice and fun to be around would recommend this job to other people
Busy and Productive
LRT/ IT Operator Tech I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Safety and great customer service, ability to manage time in critical situations. Management is flexible and able to work with you at times. The hardest part is learning all the guidelines
Pros
n/a
Cons
scheduling
It was my own business. I had a lot of fun.
Construction site power tool technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2015
it was great. but had no insurance. And the work was not steady.I would go to job sights and fix power tools. Sometimes on sight. Sometimes at home.
Pros
working when i wanted to.
Cons
no healthcare. no steady work.
Great place to work at
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2015
A great family company to work for. They care a lot about their employee. Everyone there is super helpful and friendly. Its also a very casual atmosphere and fun work enviroment.
Pros
fun and friendly
Cons
no cons
DONT WORK HERE!!!!!!!
STORAGE (Former Employee) –  CHICAGOFebruary 18, 2015
DONT APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT HERE !! THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR. HOURS ARE HORRIBLE PAY IS HORRIBLE AND THE WORK LOAD IS WAY TO MUCH TO COMPLETE IN A 7 TO 8 HOUR SHIFT.
NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE NEVER SATISFIED NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU WORK.

DEAD END JOB FOR SURE!!
Cons
everything
Good job for working with the public.
Hazardous Waste Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2015
Working with the public is the highlight of the job. Dyed in the wool public employees and the political undercurrent need to be minimized.
Pros
the new faces.
Cons
the political jobs.
Very Established Company
STAFF ON SITE (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 2, 2015
This company showed me a lot of great views in the rental/sales business. Very hard working/knowledgeable group that you can really learn well from if you're determined for success in manufactured home sales/rentals.
Productive Workplace
Assistant to Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 29, 2015
It was a good beneficial job. It had a lot of involvement with cleaning & being responsible. Typical day at work will involve waking up at 6 am & clean the street, mop the building, clean the floors. It would be fun because my co-worker would help me and we would finish quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be having to communicate with people that does not find your presence positive. The most enjoyable part would be having a smooth day, nobody bothering you as much.
Cons
no breaks
It was a wonderful job
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Management was extremely understandable and was always willing to hear me out and help me in need.
nothing
Customer handing officer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, Modlle townJanuary 18, 2015
searching a suitable job. and earned some money, and i want an independent person
Job Experience
Cashier/ Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Overall the job was not enough to take care of an individual poor job security, not enough work hours avaliable
No Advancement
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Not a bad place to work, no lunch break, not enough running time on routes But overall not to bad but I don't see myself retiring from this comany
Pros
ok money
Cons
dangerous
Productive and nice workplace.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2014
A typical day for Metro is being at work for 3 a.m. and sitting for almost 2 hours to get a route. After you receive a route which maybe 1-7 hours, after you complete your assigned route you may get a 1 are 2 hour rest then go out for a second route which may be 1-5 hours in the evening. Ive learned a lot about driving safely. Metro does stress driving safely everyday. My co-workers were really nice I a very private person so I didn't talk to much as a lot of them will ask about your personal life. The hardest part of the job is working from 3 a.m - an sometimes getting off at 10 p.m. an having to be back at work for 3 a.m. again. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet new people.
Cons
never get enough sleep, driving sleep deprived
The rail road is a closely net work place between people
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  New York state and Connecticut.December 8, 2014
Working with people for long periods of time in department builds a good work bond.I enjoy the work but its can only server as a part time job for me I want a career i can move up in this job is a temp job though a temporary agency.Team work is everything in this job and being on time is 95 % of the job because if you miss the train the work is gone.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
working as a contractor and there is no growth in that job
My work place very nice and colleagues are very helpfull
Frontline Customer Service (Former Employee) –  INDIA INDNovember 27, 2014
some times in a week their is a sale that we is to bet very busy with the customers.we have to answer all the questions what ever they ask.

My co-workers are very nice and helpfull.
Pros
free luch