Metro

Metro Employee Reviews

Good Vibes all around
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2014
A typical day at work consists of picking up passengers and getting them to their destination in a timely manner. This job has taught me the importance of being punctual and it also humbled me a lot due to the fact that I service elderly and disabled patrons. My co-workers are all easy great people and operators. The most enjoyable part about the job is the compliments from the passengers.
Great working experience
Maintenance (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Great working experience, good company, good staff. its been a privilege for me to be part of this team!!!
Productive times with school staffs and students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2014
I enjoy being around many staff and students at school and work. Being around new people shows that I have the ability to meet new people and show leadership. The good thing about my job was being there on time and getting the job done. I always kept myself motivated and so did others. The hardest part of the job was moving and transferring. I loved my environment. I enjoyed being in strong, positive groups. I've always had confidence in myself. I will give and show respect to people. SELF-MOTIVATION IS THE KEY.
Fast paced, real estate industry
Administrative & Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 10, 2014
Fast paced, start up, aggressive environment. Transient staff
Productive friendly work environment
Transit Service Manager (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJuly 8, 2014
Great group of people who provides excellent customer service
Good life experience.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2014
Always busy with things to do. The people I worked with were hard working and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part were the people.
Operator
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hours
I operate the city buses and drive set routes and take people to there destinations and answer questions. I do daily inspections on the bus to make sure it running correctly, checking oil levels etc. Co-workers are great and very helpful, we assist one another when needed. Hardest part of the job is getting home safely with no accidents because not only are you driving for yourself your driving for others as well. the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the people.
productive and easy going work place.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNMay 21, 2014
Pros: benifets, overtime, paid breaks.
Cons: short breaks
productive and easy going work environment w/teamwork. learned to re-work/welding. hardest part of job was the twelve hour shifts seven days per week. enjoyed overtime due to pay.
It was okay
Cashier, Food Preparation (Former Employee), Perry Hall, MDApril 21, 2014
My work classification was working in the deli . I learned organizational skills as well as customer appreciation .
Job security
Security Officer (Former Employee), Security Specialist, COMarch 27, 2014
With limited contracts there was no job security. A typical day is a 12hour shift, with one other officer it made it easier to patrol site.
Fun Part-time Workplace
Waitress/Server (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: management was very caring
Cons: short work weeks
Two nights a week serving drinks and shooters and a local night club. Customers were always loud and energetic with in turn made myself more energetic. Greatly enjoyed interacting with both co-workers and customers.
Metro
Mortgage Originator (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Great culture. Extremely focused on customer service and satisfaction.
Good but not busy
Handyman (Current Employee), minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2014
self employed. worked for numerous buildings and businesses and homeowners performing building maintenance.
Company has Poor Management skills
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: employer of the month reward
Cons: poor management skills
Workers there as myself do not get compisated good for what we do. poor magement skills as fas as worker preference. company dosent give reviews for hard working workers.
Excellent learning environment.
Reservation Clerk I (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2014
I honed my talent for communicating effectively with customers.
very educational
Bus Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2013
I enjoyed working with the public and I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers I really enjoyed driving the buses. most of my days were very interesting and really helped me to understand what working with the general public was really like.
Just a temporary position.
Diverse Staff (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: traveling around the city. seeing new things.
Cons: temporary.
It was a surveying job thru a surveying company hired by Metro Transit. We had to get on different bus routes everyday for two to three months asking the customers to fill out a survey and give their opinion about Metro Services. It was great learning new things about the city of Houston,like I did not know that Metro will take you to both of the major Airports. I love meeting new people. The only thing it was just temporary and not a permanent position. Also it can be dangerous being on public transit. A guy tried to rob me but I did not have my valuables with me. Also a customer had a seisure on the bus.
Seasonal work but fun
Seasonal Park Worker (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 26, 2013
It was fun to work with the people at the park, and the supervisors and rangers were helpful and courteous. Didn't make me feel... out of place.
Tiring
assistant game official (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 15, 2013
Had to be up pretty early, the travel time was ridiculous. Had some free time but work conditions were unbearable
Not an enjoyable workplace, not allowed to talk to each other
Patients Account Specialist/Data Entry (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDNovember 2, 2013
Pros: 2/15mins breaks
Cons: no health insurance and direct deposit
I start my day very early clock-in first, check the phones for any messaging, turn phones on, I have learn how to deal with the customers in a very effective and friendly manner. Management is excellent in giving assignments and assisting. The hardest part of my job is having nothing to do I'm there to do a job so I like to stay very business. The most enjoyable part is making a customer or a client happy and a smile.

About Metro

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more

Metro Salaries