METRO

METRO Employer Reviews

Good place to start
Office Manager (Current Employee), DTMSeptember 4, 2013
Good place to learn. Learned how to take trash and turn it into cash. Management is by on hands owner. Co-worker's are a great people to know.
Bus Operator
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2013
Drive buses on regular routes; make periodic stops to load or discharge passengers; perform related work and assigned tasks as required.
Good job decent pay
Traction Power Electrician (Current Employee), St.louisAugust 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no advancement
Metro is a good job to have if you don't care about advancement. The pay is really good for the area and the atmosphere is real layed back.
Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2013
Pros: people friendly
Cons: crime/assault
A very customer friendly enviromental people moving company with a great community connection of all facades of life.
Easy job position bad mangement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: vacation time not respected
I enjoyed workin because its an easy position and well paid but the supervisor and management team are horrible they are unexperienced on their position and handle different situations bad without knowledge
STH Call Center
St. Thomas Heart Physician Services (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2013
The STH Call Center consist of 15 associates who maintain 55 physician schedules.
okay
security guard (Former Employee), baltimore mdJuly 11, 2013
Pros: work with cool peoples
Cons: encounter with someone having a bad day
a day at work here can be frustrating but for the most part it build me as a individual in the work field to learn how to deal with different types of people from the nice to the mean ones. Management was not the best but ok. but the hardest part was to stand up for a 12 hours shift sometimes
Dealing with the public
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 10, 2013
Pros: work schdule change every three months
Cons: may not get more then a break at the end of the line
There is never a typical day at work cause you never know what traffic may be like or what type of customers you may board.
Fast paced environment.
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2013
Nice place to work, demanding and rewarding. Customer and employee driven environment.
N/A
staff writer (Former Employee), LA, CAMay 30, 2013
daily newspaper, focus on Korean-American life related issues,
good experience but not a good career.
Rewarding
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2013
Pros: seeing a student achieve goals, and show results.
Cons: administration is not involved, not understanding with population.
Very involved with students and rewarding to see
a chiled with a disability reach a goal.
A job not a career
Van Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2013
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: managment's lack of knowledge on the road & no accomendations for drivers
Overall I had no problem with Metro. My coworkers were great and most of my passengers were as well. However the atmosphere was bad. Not professional at all. Company does not help drivers in any way and they will use you when they can and place blame on you for everything under the sun, even when the facts say otherwise. Pay can be good but you will go through a lot because Metro does not accomodate for their drivers going through dangerous conditions whether its dealing with the sickly, unruly passengers, road conditions or weather.
Experiance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2013
This job was a great experiance.
I learned that my mind needed to be challanged more.
The management was great.
My co-workers were supportive, The hardest part about the job is explaining to customers valuable instructions with limited of time.
Enjoy working with this agency
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 11, 2013
Pros: enjoyable working atmosphere
Pulling files of clients for the day. Meeting with clients. Obtaining documentation and inputing it into the system and proving clients copies as well as giving clients information.
Very productive place to work, friendly people.
Project Coordinator / Administrative (Former Employee), new york, nyMarch 6, 2013
Pros: most of clients are friendly, my boss is very nice, also my co-workers are nice.
Cons: sometime working late nights searching through too many boxes for one sheet of paper.
A typical day at work would be answering the telephone, taking request for various clients. Some clients need their own financial information that is stored away at an Iron Mountain storage facility; they need it within three hours. I call the storage, let them know this box need to be a rush order. I in turn receive the box in less than two hours, search for the document,scan it, then e-mail it to the client. This happens more than 5 time per week.
Can be a fun place
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2013
A typical day at work was to report to work on time, pulling out the bus on time, dead head to point where we start route, repeat route several times in the day, after shift, dead head back to bus yard.

I have learned so much, driving skills, ways to pre-trip a bus and how to deal with difficult customers.

Management expect job to be done
Co-workers just have to survive and keep their job

I believe the hardest part of the job is not getting enough cooperation to ease the stress from supervisors, and management( at that time)

The most enjoyable part of the job, was driving out there in early part of the morning and pulling to the first stop to see the dozens of customers waiting to be picked up to go to their destination. helping them get to their destination make me feel I have accomplish my job
execellent place to work for
bus drver (Former Employee), bond hlllMarch 1, 2013
drove the bus for 30 years, I enjoyed working wth the public.'
work day would start at 5am and end at 3pm. The hardest part of the job was beng on schedule when the bus would break down. enjoyable part of my job was completing the day getting everyone safely to their point of interest.
Metro embraced diversity by hosting many cultural events
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches, company sponsored events, and teamwork.
Cons: the lack of yearly raises
Life at Metro was busy. I learned to deal with all levels of personnel as well as Management. I had very helpful co-workers and established friendships that will last a lifetime. The hardest part of the job was going a couple of years without getting a raise. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction on the faces of my internal and external customers.
fun plays to work with animals
Ranch Hand (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Cons: breaks
i learned how to work hard in the sun with my bare hands , it was great experience for me my first time feeding deers and other animals it was amazing day for me and for my co worker was tired but i was it because it was cool working there , the hardest part is climeing up the try pod with the bag lol , but my enjoyable seeing beautiful and amazing creatures i never seen before ..
staff is easy going
Special Projects Administrator (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 24, 2012
Pros: empowerment for staff that achieve high regard
Cons: administrative staff is treated differently
Business strategic implementation with the Scorecard methodology is great.

About METRO

Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is unique among the nation's transportation agencies. It serves – Read more