Metro Employee Reviews

Great environment and employees
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2016
Its a great company, and they breed great co-workers. They give help when needed, and they have great response time for any issues.
The Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the operators and helping them whenever necessary.
Transit Service Manager/Station Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2015
Metro is an enjoyable place to work.
There is a lot of opportunity for growth.
Management team is very supportive and always looking for new ways to improve the business of transporing cusomters.
a nice environment to help me understand hard work
Office intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2015
helped me improve my computer skills, which i'm thankful for. my experience overall was good and i had a patient manager who taught me everything i know.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
ok
driver cdl (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 1, 2015
ok workplace typical day at work long hours alot of time away from home and family
great job for person without kids or family
work day
DEVELOPMENTAL AIDE 9 (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2015
Helping the individuals live a fuller and richer life. Administering medication twice daily. Management works together to implement the best care for each individual. The hardest part of some days are being stuck for mandatory overtime when you have a planned function after work
Pros
Receieving trainings you can also, use in your daily living. i.e cpr/first aide
Cons
commute for some trainings are far
Productive Work Place
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work for me consists of constant interaction with people. There's never a dull moment when working around great people who support the vision. My office has a revolving door, not to mention that I have an open door policy. Each day is filled with laughter and that's because of the people that I wok directly with.

I've been working at this building for over 5 years and I've developed a great deal of patience. The patience of a saint. I am the sounding board for over 1000 people, some pleasant, and some not- so-pleasant. Although I have patience, I also have a warm heart. It brings me joy to be apart of a community of people who take pride in where they live.

The hardest part of the job is having to let someone go from the job and putting someone out of their home. Overall I enjoy being apart of assisting people with a place to live and being apart of a dream achieved.
Pros
Working with level headed people
Cons
Dealing with people who don't have respect for authority.
Productive and fun, and sight-seeing job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2015
Long hours driving on the road, but frequent breaks in addition to a hour lunch break. Pay is low. Good for a "peoples person" who likes to help the disabled.
Pros
Flexible schedules, frequent breaks
Cons
compensation/benefits, long shifts
Driving
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati,OhioOctober 8, 2015
I have had the pleasure of working at Metro for a decade i enjoyed meeting news customers and building long lasting relationships with co-works,customers.
Pros
Get to anywhere to use the restrooms.
Cons
Some times we don't get breaks.
a typical day at work
track maintainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2015
start the new job from foreman direction,or to be continue same job ,need to finishfrom last shifts...try to helpfull workmate in the team to make job done as we can...I will listen and learning more on job...keep working place safe and clean....
Pros
some body said good
Cons
i dont know yet
Unique experience in the field of Transportation
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2015
This is my first experience in a unionized job. One of the drawbacks of this experience is that, as a U.S. military veteran, I am exempt from the requirements of the current Federal Health Care law. However, as a condition of employment, I am required by the company to purchase health care that I don't use or need.

It is also a fact that as several unions represent employees of different divisions of this company, many of those employees receive higher pay and better benefits than the drivers/operators of said company. Arguably, the people who drive for this company are it's life's blood, yet we are employed in a capacity that is much more punitive and less compensated.
Pros
Livable wages, consistent training
Cons
Wages not commensurate with rigor of actual working conditions.

Want to know more about Metro?

Ask a question
Great outlook
Operator (Former Employee) –  Los angelesAugust 28, 2015
Loved getting folks where they gotta go. Bad side its every man for they self union does not care about you mangers dont care about you!!!!!
Pros
meet awesome people
Cons
high strees level
RAIL PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 19, 2015
Work as Fire Department Liaison Officer for the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority providing fire/life safety oversight for all Heavy and Light Rail projects in the City of Los Angeles.

I have been able to acquire a whole new code enforcement skill set for Fixed Guide way Transit and Passenger Rail Systems which has been a challenging and interesting departure from structural fire protection.

My co-workers are design builders, engineers, architects, law enforcement and first responder agencies as well as Metro Transit professionals.

The most difficult part of my job is providing fire/life safety oversight and code enforcement to very creative design-build transit projects whose major is to meet project deadlines well under budget projections.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the collaboration with multiple life safety agencies and the networking relationships I've established with working professionals
Very productive work environment.
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2015
A normal day at work would include me entering data into the data base, answering incoming calls as well as making outgoing calls to other companies and verifying information. I also did a large amount of filing and organizing documents.
very beneficial to the community.
Curriculum Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
Head Start provides a lot to children and families in the community. The work is long and hard, definitely not a nine to five job. There are a variety of tasks pertaining to the classroom as well as the program as a whole. Providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children on a daily basis is great. Learning that it takes a team effort to positively impact the education of children. Understanding the importance of helping the family as a whole to promote positive outcomes for children and families. It is rewarding to see the growth of a family.
Pros
Developing relationships with parents / advocacy.
Cons
Federal budget cuts
****
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2015
The job was very enjoyable; however, when new director was hired the atmosphere was no longer enjoyable. I truly hope when a new director of schools is hired the person will take a REAL look at the director and the enormous turn-over in the department.
Great Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  St Louis,MOJuly 23, 2015
A typical day would include driving at least 200 miles in a 10 hour shift. I met people from different walks of life. I engaged in conversations with people and got a better understanding of different disabilities and health issues.
Metro Review
Driver (Current Employee) –  St LouisJuly 8, 2015
The job is fine I just have to deal with dangerous individuals on the bus and would like something safer. Overall the job was great but a lot of dangerous situations occurred on the bus including drugs, and guns. I feel I would be safer.
Pros
Driving, customer service
Cons
Dangerous situations
great place
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 23, 2015
great place to work, great atmosphere, good people, friendly environment, excellent training staff, newer equipment
Pros
good benefits
Cons
i enjoyed my time at metro. Its just the time in my live , I need to advancement
bus operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2015
I inspect my bus and equipment daily. I made daily logs. I drive safely around town picking up customers taking them their locations. I collect fare. I use excellent customer services.
Pros
great benfits
Cons
dealing with traffic
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2015
I got to learned how to use Varonis DatAdvantage. I also got to view the server room and assemble a few new servers for the upgrade. My co-workers were friendly and helpful when I had questions.