MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. (MWMS) is seeking an Executive Director to begin in August 2013.
MWMS, established in 1979 as Framingham Court Mediation Services, is a not-for-profit community mediation program serving the MetroWest area. Its mission is to mediate disputes and to educate individuals and organizations to use mediation to resolve community, family and business disputes. MWMS provides direct service in both community and court-referred matters where parties are seeking a peaceful, non-adversarial method for resolving their dispute. MWMS offers mediator training to volunteers and professionals, middle/high schools, organizations, professional associations, business and industry, as well as customized conflict resolution workshops and technical support for implementing new programs.
In addition to the Executive Director position, MWMS currently employs a part-time Case Coordinator. The Executive Director coordinates a panel of thirty community volunteer mediators. The Executive Director is responsible for over-all, as well as the day-to-day operations of the agency and reports directly to a Board of Directors.
- Develops, manages and works to expand MWMS programs relative to alternative dispute resolution methods;
- Oversees the fiscal affairs and financial management of the agency including fundraising and grant writing;
- Staffs the Board of Directors’ meetings and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to ensure the successful operation and sustained viability of the organization;
- Supervises agency staff and trains volunteer mediators;
- Co-mediates with staff and volunteer mediators
- Maintains and further develops relationships with the ADR Office of the Massachusetts Administrative Office of the Trial Court, Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration, the Community Mediation Coalition of Massachusetts, community non-profit agencies, schools, local municipal departments, elected and appointed county/state officials.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree preferred;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the field of mediation;
- Experience working in a non-profit, volunteer-based agency, and with a Board of Directors;
- Experience in planning and program development;
- Experience in developing, obtaining and implementing successful fundraising;
- Experience in financial management and budgeting;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively before a variety of audiences;
- Ability to write and edit in a clear and concise manner;
- Computer and database skills;
- Supervisory and managerial experience, including the ability to maintain a positive work environment and an effective working relationship with employees, board members, volunteers and court personnel;
- Ability to delegate work assignments and monitor program operations to projected timelines;
Salary range is $40,000 - $50,000 per year.
Compensation may be increased based upon the Executive Director’s success in developing the Organization, expanding the reach of its services and increasing revenue.
Interested applicants, please e-mail:
- A letter of interest; and
- A resume or curriculum vitae;
To: Charles L. Solomont, President of Board of Directors
Review of resumes shall begin in May, 2013, and the new Executive Director is expected to begin in August, 2013.
The Search Committee will acknowledge the receipt of your application by e-mail.
MetroWest Mediation Services, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, national origin or disability. We encourage applications from women, persons of color, sexual orientation minorities and others who will contribute to the diversity of the organization.