MetroHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working at Metro. I enjoyed my job very much.
Decision Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2017
I had the opportunity while doing my job to work with upper management helping them when they needed a report. I enjoyed doing my job which consisted of running reports for departments, updated the clinical database on a monthly basis, handled all security for the McKesson system and did training of other employees.
Pros
excellent benefits
A job .
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2017
MetroHealth is in a season of change. Unfortunately in its desire to be diverse, it is losing its ability to be balanced.
The management staff as a whole has reasonable expectations. Leadership at the top level is not very supportive.
Pros
Ability to get time off when needed.
Cons
Lack of support from management.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2017
MetroHealth does not have the prestige of Cleveland Clinic or even University Hospital but their work culture and retirement benefits more than compensate for the lack of bragging rights! If you are just starting out as a nurse, do not pass up the opportunity to interview at MetroHealth!
Pros
Teaching hospital, advancement opportunities, extraordinary patient care
Cons
Going through a transition, which is forcing change in all areas.
Great place to learn
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2017
Working at Metrohealth Medical Center has been a very educational experience. They encourage education and advancement in the nursing field. They also have a great support system for employees looking to advance their knowledge.
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2017
Learned a lot about the cardiovascular system while employed on the telemetry unit. Working alongside with prestigious physicians and learning from the best will always be remembered.
Pros
Short -staffed, sometimes was not able to take a break
Cons
Excellent pay, nice staff and management
Its an ok place to work
Patient Assistance Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 1, 2017
Very Busy Environment, management needs a lot of tweaking. Love helping people who really need it and appreciate it. Not sure who runs the Facility anymore, possibly an outside agency, the last CEO was eliminated and never replaced.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Job Security, bad changes.
beneficial volunteer opportunity
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 22, 2017
I volunteered to read books to the children and families in the waiting room this opportunity was provided through my highschools National honors Society
it was an enjoyable experience
Little chance for advancement
Emergency Medicine Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2017
The culture is amazing at Metro, however, the chances of promotion are slim. The CEO is a wonderful man but some of the other managers need diversity training.
Very hectic
Buyer, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Placed over 100 purchase orders a day, expedited orders, obtained quotes for products, worked with accounts payable on invoice problems.
Staff nurse
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioJanuary 31, 2017
I was a staff nurse on a comprehensive care pediatric unit where I passed medications, did treatments and provided care to these young patients. I enjoyed taking care of the patients
Pros
loved pediatrics
Cons
rotating shifts.
Busy Cath Lab
Invasive Cardiovascular Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2016
Excellent management staff and competitive wages. The typical work day is busy so there is always opportunities to learn new things and build on your experience.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Long hours some days
Productive and great place to wor for, advancement opportunities
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHDecember 26, 2016
Obtaining Patient Vitals, assisting with medical procedures.
Management is awesome, Nursing Supervisor Is very professional.
The staff is welcoming & friendly
Benefits
Cons
Long wait at times
Great place to work with wonderful Dr.s and nurses
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2016
I worked here for 29 years and this hospital is one of the best in caring for the patients and the Drs are very kind as well as knowledgable. They treat everyone, nurses, patients, and ancillary staff with respect and fairness.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no cons
Amazing hospital to be apart of
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2016
I had the best experienece at MetroHealth as a clinical student. The staff was more then helpful and everyone was kind. Great atmosphere to be around!
MetroHealth is a fantastic place to be a part of
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2016
The leader in trauma care in Northeast Ohio, MetroHealth Medical Center has world class services across the board, including neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery and just about any other service you can think of. Employees take great pride in working at Metro and truly feel valued by admonistration. One of the few placces Ive worked where there is true sense of us,we and team!
Pros
Pers
great hospital
Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Metrohealth was a great place to work for. I started out in Xray as a file clerk & then due to childbirth transferred to Accounts Payable
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
had to retire after 30 years on the job
Good part time job
Patrolman(Commissioned) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2016
I worked for this organization and had some valued experiences. It was a great place to start but I had to leave based on financial reasons.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Shaky village finances
Flexible Schedule and Good Benefits
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Offers flexible hours for many positions. There is no opportunity for a merit raise. Constant changes in many departments with different management. High turnover rate in many areas
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Top Heavy Managment
Great place to work in and Great Benefits
Bilingual Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Worked for Pediatrics I love working with children therefore for me it was a fun place to work in, good place for opportunity for advancement. Difficult as far as understanding personal medical appointment leaves due to department seniority. Management was excellent and coworkers were considered as family, jumping in to help each other and everyone approachable and willing to help and educate.
Pros
everyone was a team including nurses.
Cons
not understanding as far as time off or medical appointment leaves
Company really cares about their employees
Pro Fee coding (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2015
Ability to work with people who really care about one another. From the moment you walk in the doors till the moment you leave you will always feel like family!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroHealth Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval