MetroHealth Medical Center

MetroHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

opportunity to work with labor relations
Supervisor, Radiology Transcription (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
Pros: opportunity to work with labor relations
Cons: work through strike.
Great opportunity to work with labor relations. entire staff was union. Worked through a strike. Great learning experience for a new supervisor.
Great team environment
Staff RN, Postpartum (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
Metro is a Magnet hospital that values the valuable expertise of their nursing staff. The organizational structure is effective and I have had nothing but good experiences.
Busy and life fullfilling job
Secretary and Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be answering phones, scheduling, registration. I also did the buying for multiple departments and travel arrangements and expense accounts for the doctors. I learned quite a lot such as multitasking, various software, to address the needs of the underprivileged.

Management was pretty good.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with constant change which is the norm for hospitals

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and resolving their problems. I really enjoyed my coworkers and the docs I was under. Very admirable doctors who really care about the poorer side of life.
Typical hospital environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2014
The only problem I had was the fact that there was no set schedule.
Excellent environment
Clinical Coordinator Support (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2014
First class care, excellent physicians. Great benefits, dedicated staff.
Great co workers
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: year salary increase and benefits
I learned that people needs help and a person to listen to them to resolve issues they may have and not just a number for the day
MetroHealth is an amazing teaching hospital!
Registered Nurse PRN (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2014
I have learned so much working at MetroHealth! This establishment exposes you to every condition possible. I enjoy helping others and making a difference in their lives!
Secretary-Rehabilitation Psychology
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: gratifying to help patients in rehab and seem them progress in recovery
Cons: required high level of patience and understanding/flexibility
Very interesting position working for 5 psychologists and the challenges it presented assisting patients rehabilitating from traumatic brain injury/stroke/trauma which resulted in behavioral and cognitive issues to resolve. Required high level of patience as patients could not comprehend what was discussed and sometimes would call back 3-4 times to ask the same question. Typed confidential reports and did scheduling, psych assessment scoring, and obtained insurance authorizations for neuropsych testing which was difficult at times. Quite a challenging position, but very rewarding nonetheless.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at MetroHealth.
Transporter (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2014
I learned about customer service through assisting a variety of patients on a daily basis.
College Employment
Student Intern- Graduate Medical Education Office (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2014
I worked at MetroHealth Medical Center to fund my college experience. It was a great place to work, and taught me so much about working in a corporate setting.
Good place
Elevator Repairman (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2014
Not a good paid, excellent benefits. Nice inviroment.
No chance for promotions....
Good work environment.
Med/Surg Resource Pool, (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2014
Hospital provides experience in all areas of nursing. Management works well with staff to provide best possible patient care. Co-workers are competent and helpful.
Great place to learn
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2014
Pros: great ceo! he actually listens!
Cons: tough work environment at times
You get to meet people from all over the world and you get to learn a lot about different cultures.

It can be a tough place to work because you care for people in the most dire of situations: homelessness, death and dying, physical abuse, drug abuse. But you learn how to deal with each situation and become a more rounded person.
Great experience
WIC PROGRAM REP (Former Employee), Cleveland OhioApril 16, 2014
Its a great facility to work and easy to advance. Everyone is extremely friendly and considerate.
Review
Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, ohioApril 8, 2014
I have worked here almost 10 years.

Great benefits.

Great Location.
ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS & SKILLS
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: luncheons
Cons: n/a
MANAGEMENT & CO WORKERS WORK WELL WITH ONE ANOTHER IN A HIGH STRESS TRAUMA 1 MEDICAL CENTER.
Overall I give Metrohealth 4 stars
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Physical Medicine & RehabilitationFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: sometimes overwhelming
A typical work day at work is very busy, fast paced, and constantly busy. I have learned a lot of patience, humility, and acceptance. Management can sometimes be clueless of what we as workers need and do on a regular basis. At other times they can be helpful and concerned.

My coworkers are a good team to work with because we compliment each other. We assist others as neded and fill in when the other falls short. The hardest part of my job is to see patients on a regular basis and then one day find out they have died.

The most enjoyable part is to see a child that came in so timid and not talking to weeks later they are running , jumping, and laughing.
Hard work
Resident GPR (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2013
Working at MetroHealth Medical center is equal to hard work, time management. I am a team player. I learned more surgical skills such as Tori removal, Alveoplasty and surgical extraction of impacted molars. I was also exposed to high volume of denture patients.
Concerning crown bridge works: I did 2 full arch bridges and a lot of crowns.
The hardest part of the job is seeing a high volume of patients and at the same time maintaining the same quality of service .
The most enjoyable part is the fun I have during the day with my co-workers or sometimes with my patients
An organization that cares for patients and employees alike
Administrative Fellow, Human Resources (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 5, 2013
World class health care and an organization that offers exceptional environment for their employees.

Leader in employee engagement.
Provided required training for the job, staff concern for employees was a big plus.
Unit Secretary/Admission Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2013
I worked well with all hospital staff and patients. I was able to set goals for my work and meet the goal expectations. Some days were busier than others which was expected, the busy days were my challenge and I found it easy to handle assigned duties because I work well even under pressure. We all worked as a team to meet deadlines and complete all tasks. The hardest part of the job I feel was not being able to help someone in a time of need no matter what the situation might be. The most enjoyable part of the job was just being at work to enjoy my co-workers and sharing a happy moment with patients.