MetroHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible Schedule and Good Benefits
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Offers flexible hours for many positions. There is no opportunity for a merit raise. Constant changes in many departments with different management. High turnover rate in many areas
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Top Heavy Managment
Great place to work in and Great Benefits
Bilingual Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2015
Worked for Pediatrics I love working with children therefore for me it was a fun place to work in, good place for opportunity for advancement. Difficult as far as understanding personal medical appointment leaves due to department seniority. Management was excellent and coworkers were considered as family, jumping in to help each other and everyone approachable and willing to help and educate.
Pros
everyone was a team including nurses.
Cons
not understanding as far as time off or medical appointment leaves
Company really cares about their employees
Pro Fee coding (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2015
Ability to work with people who really care about one another. From the moment you walk in the doors till the moment you leave you will always feel like family!
Caring facility and adheres to values
Sr. Billing Compliance Monitor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, ohioJuly 30, 2015
Good place to work. Adheres to values and mission.
Coworkers believe in teamwork and care about each other, making it a family atomosphere.
Fun place to work. Needs improvement in areas of efficiency and training
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2015
Work with great people. Would all be better at what we do if time was taken to train and the health insurance is not good. New CEO, i think is striving to make positive changes in all areas. So there is promise for the future.
Cons
Healthcare lacks, never received so many medical bills at any other job and this is a hospital.
opportunity to work with labor relations
Supervisor, Radiology Transcription (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
Great opportunity to work with labor relations. entire staff was union. Worked through a strike. Great learning experience for a new supervisor.
Pros
opportunity to work with labor relations
Cons
work through strike.
Great team environment
Staff RN, Postpartum (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
Metro is a Magnet hospital that values the valuable expertise of their nursing staff. The organizational structure is effective and I have had nothing but good experiences.
Busy and life fullfilling job
Secretary and Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be answering phones, scheduling, registration. I also did the buying for multiple departments and travel arrangements and expense accounts for the doctors. I learned quite a lot such as multitasking, various software, to address the needs of the underprivileged.

Management was pretty good.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with constant change which is the norm for hospitals

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and resolving their problems. I really enjoyed my coworkers and the docs I was under. Very admirable doctors who really care about the poorer side of life.
Typical hospital environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 26, 2014
The only problem I had was the fact that there was no set schedule.
Excellent environment
Clinical Coordinator Support (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 4, 2014
First class care, excellent physicians. Great benefits, dedicated staff.
Great co workers
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 23, 2014
I learned that people needs help and a person to listen to them to resolve issues they may have and not just a number for the day
Pros
year salary increase and benefits
MetroHealth is an amazing teaching hospital!
Registered Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2014
I have learned so much working at MetroHealth! This establishment exposes you to every condition possible. I enjoy helping others and making a difference in their lives!
Secretary-Rehabilitation Psychology
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Very interesting position working for 5 psychologists and the challenges it presented assisting patients rehabilitating from traumatic brain injury/stroke/trauma which resulted in behavioral and cognitive issues to resolve. Required high level of patience as patients could not comprehend what was discussed and sometimes would call back 3-4 times to ask the same question. Typed confidential reports and did scheduling, psych assessment scoring, and obtained insurance authorizations for neuropsych testing which was difficult at times. Quite a challenging position, but very rewarding nonetheless.
Pros
gratifying to help patients in rehab and seem them progress in recovery
Cons
required high level of patience and understanding/flexibility
I thoroughly enjoyed working at MetroHealth.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2014
I learned about customer service through assisting a variety of patients on a daily basis.
College Employment
Student Intern- Graduate Medical Education Office (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2014
I worked at MetroHealth Medical Center to fund my college experience. It was a great place to work, and taught me so much about working in a corporate setting.
Good place
Elevator Repairman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2014
Not a good paid, excellent benefits. Nice inviroment.
No chance for promotions....
Good work environment.
Med/Surg Resource Pool, (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2014
Hospital provides experience in all areas of nursing. Management works well with staff to provide best possible patient care. Co-workers are competent and helpful.
Great place to learn
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2014
You get to meet people from all over the world and you get to learn a lot about different cultures.

It can be a tough place to work because you care for people in the most dire of situations: homelessness, death and dying, physical abuse, drug abuse. But you learn how to deal with each situation and become a more rounded person.
Pros
great ceo! he actually listens!
Cons
tough work environment at times
Great experience
WIC PROGRAM REP (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OhioApril 16, 2014
Its a great facility to work and easy to advance. Everyone is extremely friendly and considerate.
Review
Medical Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, ohioApril 8, 2014
I have worked here almost 10 years.

Great benefits.

Great Location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroHealth Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

MetroHealth Medical Center Reviews by Location