MetroHealth Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
The Worst Organization I've Ever Worked For!
Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2017
This organization had the potential to be a great place to work and serve in the community. However, due to the direction of the ED it is failing miserably. The mission of this organization is complete BS, as the ED is discriminatory against patients who are living with HIV, low income, African American and government insured.
N/a
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2017
Travel Tech. I was able to be a travel tech for an assignment of 13 weeks and they extended 6 more weeks. I enjoyed this facility and was able to use my experience to help others
I love MetroHealth!
Social Worker III (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2017
I have a great supervisor and manager. They let us work autonomously and never micromanage. There have been a lot of changes recently, and there has been a lot of transparency about the process.
Learn alot, poor manag
Rn (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2017
I worked there for about 6 yrs and out of the blue we were told that our floor was closing and we had to reapply. We were treated very poorly, I felt that all of our years of service and being over worked because we were always short staffed went unnoticed. No one came to our defense I mean no one. My advice to anyone who is thinking about working there........ DONT! That place is garbage and management is garbage. Employees were not treated well by management or upper management. That place was not worth my 6 years. If I had it to do all over again Metro health would not have been my first choice for employment
Pros
You learned alot
Cons
Under staff and very poor management
Metrohealth
5 new locations
Decent pay
Holiday's off
no weekends

A typical day is busy, knowing how to respond to complaints correctly helps, healthcare is changing,
Aide (Former Employee) –  ClevelandSeptember 26, 2016
Tons of room for growth or to try a different role, great people and exceptional benefits. Would recommend this place to anyone.
Productive and fun place to work
RN- Neuro/Spine Unit & Med/Surg Unit (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2016
Great teamwork in a high stress environment. Awesome Rapid Response Team. Love the patient interaction and making them feel better.
Dental Assistants
Dental Receptionist/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2016
I hated this place.
Supervisors sucked,
You never have an opinion unless you are a supervisor.
They treat employees like children.
Cons
Management was UNPROFESSIONAL
Favorite
Nursing supervisor, Main campus (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2016
MetroHealth is the most favorite hospital and position of my career. It is a very dynamic work environment with elite staff.
bad management bunch of bullies
liaison (Former Employee) –  SecretaryJanuary 21, 2016
Bullies liars dont work there they dont care about their emploees. And its our tax dollars go figure. Love the doctors though.
benefits
Cons
short staff and poor managers and its our tax dollars go figure!!!!!
People friendly
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2014
Common areas are maintained patient rooms could be alot cleaner staff need to be more approachable
Pros
benifits are great people are friendly
Cons
lots of cronism with upper management
excellent place of obtaining skills in healthcare delivery
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHMay 13, 2014
organized yet can be overwhelming, employees will need to be knowledgeable of patients needs and ability to relate to management and supervisory goals of customer satisfaction
Pros
benefits and workers ability to assist others in department
Cons
patient load was not aligned to employee staffing
Great Hours
INFECTION CONTROL OBSERVER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2014
MetroHealth was great with working with my schedule. They gave me the freedom of picking the hours that I wanted to work and I could change it every week. The staff is very pleasant to work with. It was hard to get in touch with management. They did not have an "Open Door" policy. I needed to email my supervisor and wait for a response of when to meet. Our supervisor set up a meeting with us every other Friday and it was often canceled leaving us without contact with her for nearly a month.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Management Communication
Good Benefits
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 27, 2013
DO NOT work in the Pediatric Comprehensive Care Dept at Metro. This dept is full of bullies and the medical staff act like a bunch of high school mean girls. They are unorganized, not open to change. The Doctors and mainly the one Nurse Practitioner are the bullies, you have no one to turn to when you have issues and they will back you into a corner where they will either gang up on you to either get you fired or you quit. The turnover rate in this dept is high. The supervisor will not take up for you and is so far removed and works in a different building at the hospital. If you get an interview for this dept, pass on it!!!!!!!!! I promise and guarantee that you will be miserable. Look at any other dept at Metro, just not Pediatric Comprehensive Care!
Pros
the end of your shift
Cons
the beginning of your shift
Mediokre, not up to my expectations.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2012
Metrohealth provided excellent benefits but I would not reccomend anyone to work there long term.
Pros
fun people
Cons
always short staffed, too much work load!
was able to meet new people everday and help someone
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2012
Check in patients schedules appointment, sent messages to doctors for the patient. Vertify insurance, took co-pays.
Pros
going to dr. on lunch break, good benefits
Cons
no longer smoke on property
very positive place of business/people.
Medical Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  FLOAT POOLJune 30, 2012
My typical worked day beigns at 8 am, and end at 8pm. I usually work 12 hour shifts daily. I work a lot in urgent care, and in the float pool primary. I'm currently looking to decrease my hrs with MetroHealth and look for something more PRN so I can focus more on school. I love the medical field and I love to teach, other what I know and have learned over the years. But, I'm ready to devote my time to finishing my BSN.
Pros
nothing in life is free, i work hard for all i have.