Metrolina Greenhouses Employee Reviews

Great people and awesome place to work.
Grower (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 17, 2017
I would have to say I looked forward to going in every morning. My supervisor was really laid back and wasn't so disrespectful like the other employees.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No overtime
Production base job
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2017
Everyday you would legit do the same thing , Just the whole job itself was bad not only for me but the people , Workers would complain about not getting the right correct tools , Often felt like the management crew didn't care about the well beings of employees
Fun place to work with flexible schedules for part time
Lead merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Festus, MOAugust 9, 2017
Too bad it's only a seasonal gig. Fun job working outdoors with plants and people. Ability to work on your own and use creativity. Sadly it will come to an end as it a seasonal job
Pros
Outdoors, relaxed environment, flexible work hours
Cons
You get laid off every year
Productive workplace with career advancement
Grower/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  York, SCAugust 6, 2017
Our team makes sure that our members have the tools they need to complete daily tasks around the farm. We build work schedules to make sure the farm is taken care of both during regular business hours and on weekends. We manage both team production and evaluate output of team members to make sure farm is functioning efficiently and plant quality is a top priority.
Good pay and a ok working place
Shipping (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2017
It's goood pay but do to the season changes it's not a job u can count on for long periods of time lay offs come every few months . U work they push u to but then u could be laid if the next week wit no warning it's hard to build with your family with a job like that
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To many lay offs
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2017
It was a great place to work, but due to family issues I was forced to let the job go I would love to go back there and work anytime for them the salary was also good
Pros
Free lunch
Great Workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. If you can deal with the heat, when its hot and the cold during the winter, then you should be ok. Friendly environment. Great people to work for.
Busy Work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 15, 2017
A typical work day we do the same thing during the whole shift. It can get a little boring at times but everyone is very friendly, which helps the time pass.
Pros
good pay, breaks, good hours
Cons
can get very hot in the greenhouse
Interesting
Service Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 13, 2017
Well as a typical day your chosen to go out or stay in the barn if you go out your not certain as to what you will do whether it be staging or repairing carts and to include planting and shipping. Inside the barn you either send trays down the conveyor belt or place pots in the trays or tag the pots for identification also to include planting. Overall start to finish this is a typical day at the Metrolina , but I have enjoyed working with a lot of very interesting people.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
Mid afternoon break
Enjoyed the team work and comrodery at Metrolina Greenhouses.
PERIMETER FACILITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 31, 2017
Started work by 8 most times finished by 5, if needed worked longer days, weekends and holidays. Jobs varied for needs of CEO's and requirements of plants and animals.
What did I learn. I worked at Metrolina Greenhouses for 20 years in this time experienced and digested many aspects of the greenhouse industry.
Management was very good.
The work place culture was of team work.
Hardest part of the job. Summer heat is usually 100+ degrees in greenhouses.
Most enjoyable part of the job. The variety and learning many different jobs and versatility needed to preform tasks.
Pros
Great 401K, bounus, hard work with good people
Cons
none-needed a change after 20 years.
Fast paced, with great benefits
Laborer (Current Employee) –  NCMay 18, 2017
I really enjoy working there. But my job is not set in stone yet. But the people are great and most of the managers are helpful and point you in the right direction.
It kept me on my feet
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 9, 2017
It's a good income and it was a easy to learn job. The only thing most people wouldn't like about this job is working in the sun. Which is an everyday thing working here.
Pros
Its an efficient job
Cons
Youll be in the sun a lot
Great pkace to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2017
Great place to work love the PEOPLE and the environment and all the extra benefits of the job. There is great opportunity to grow with the company if you are willing to work hard to get ahead.
Very great company
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 21, 2017
A very great company, fun environment, and great people. The leadership here does very well managing the newer employees. Provides gloves, food truck, and vending machines for reasonable prices. Water is very important and they make sure to remind you every so often to fill it up. Sometimes a bit disorganized, but I guess that comes with almost every job! The only super negative is if you don't get 1st shift, you will be up around 1am at the least or even later for 3rd shift. So, 2nd & 3rd shift might have a hard time balancing Work/Life. Although, 1st shift is the largest shift, number-wise. Much more people in 1st rather than 2nd&3rd. So, for the most part, shouldn't be a major issue!
Pros
Education Required for the salary is definitely worth it, great people, beautiful plants
Cons
Can be disorganized, Frustrating when people don't participate with their job
Very Productive
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2017
I move carts around and stack carts to prepare them for the next shift coming on. The people are very respectful to there staff and has great benefits.
Hard work but expected
Seasonal Employee, shipping (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 29, 2017
I absolutely loved this job, no it isn't easy but isn't to hard either, great company to work for never had any problems, came to work and did my job and went home .
Pros
Everything was great about this place
Cons
It can be hot and you will get ur hands dirty
Good work place.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 20, 2017
You get plenty of hours during the hiring season. I like how they didn't mind giving overtime. The second shift environment was okay being that you get the warm hours of the afternoon and the cool hours of the evening.
Fun produtive job
Load & Unloading Trucks (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCFebruary 13, 2017
Metrolina Greenhouse is a wonderful job to work for this company has tough me a lot while working for them. meeting new people and working in many different areas in this company. But one thing i didn't enjoy of this company is that the pay rate was not good for the work we did do staying over after hours the shift was over and not being fare enough with individuals that had the experience to get the job done in order fashion. And my biggest things based on this company is that they look over some individuals far as moving up to a better position far as working in one area in this warehouse and getting paid the right amount.
Consistent Workplace with Inconsistent Hours
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  York, SCNovember 7, 2016
Metrolina was a good job fit for just getting out of high school. However, the hours were inconsistent, many of the employees couldn't speak English very well, and the communication between management and employees was spotty at best. There seemed to be several unresolved cases of harassment. Otherwise, they provided breaks and gave an hour lunch. The management staff was really nice and often wanted feedback to make the workplace better.
Pros
Kind management
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 6, 2016
working at metrolina was a nice experience. great people! nice environment, very competitive workplace. very great benefits. really great supervisors. my only dislike was traffic was backed up leaving the parking lot when we got off work.
Pros
two breaks
Cons
temporary job