MetroPCS Employee Reviews

Found 1,107 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fast paced-Environtment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
I love my job! It's very easy and simple, I have good and bad customers but easy to handle, overall. I deal with all kinds of backgrounds and ethnicities which helps working with the general public even outside of work. Co-workers are great, although I work with a young age group, and all females (me being female myself) which makes the environment a little too competitive at times. I work for an independent dealer, so I only see my boss about 2 times per week. Great guy but we have no benefits, and no check stubs. Sometimes feel I am being cheated out on my money. I also dislike my hours; I work an average of 60 hrs per week, only one day off. My checks look great but my personal life does not. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is meeting daily and monthly quota sales. My team usually does a good job on reaching our goal but it is still quite a challenge. What I do like about working for this company is the great people I have met and the new skills I learn each day and my sales commission check.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Bonus Check
Cons
No benefits, Hectic hours, No check stubs
not a occupation that is good to be used for a permanent job
assist customers (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2016
the job is good for those who are students or have another job to supplement the lack of salary that the stores provide. The staff that i work with are not the most flexible people in the world. within a day people will attempt to make deals with you for less than what is to be paid for either their bill or a phone, do not be swayed as if one gets by others will follow. typically the days will be somewhat lonesome as many are coming in store to pay their phone bills unlike other bigger companies. the hardest part is dealing with people who do not understand the policy of the store as they will take their anger out on you. with this difficulty, there are people who will make your day and be incredibly nice and helpful to your day.
Pros
get to know people
Cons
very short breaks
Convenient scheduling, poor management, compromised ethics.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 10, 2016
Easy job, convenient hours but the management was woefully under-qualified inefficient and prone to lapses in judgment. The quality of the products was sup-par and while the management is fully aware customer are regularly given misrepresentations of both the products quality and their possible recourse.
Pros
Easy to start, convenient scheduling
Cons
Unethical sales practices, incompetent management low pay and lack of benefits.
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 1, 2016
On a typical day you count inventory and sell phones, service plans, and accessories. I learned the intricacies of the cell phone business. Management was routinely late and not accountable. My co-workers rarely showed up to work on time and had difficulty learning the products and proper procedures. The hardest part was the lack of pay and commission without explanation. I enjoyed interacting with customers.
Pros
Cons
management and lack of pay and benefits
A child's job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2016
This job is meant for someone under the age of 20 with no ambition to better themselves. No benefits, you are constantly monitored on the cameras and will be called personally by the owner if you are not handing out flyers to potential customers walking by. It's great if you just need a paycheck but it is absolutely not somewhere i would recommend working if you want a personal life outside of work.
It started out well but as the years went by, it got worse
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, NYNovember 24, 2015
The management doesn't treat their employees well and barely gave any raises. When it came to customer satisfaction they only cared about making the sale and didnt help out their employees when the customer returned with a defective phone unless they returned it under the return policy. The coworkers were ok but the manager had favorites and if you werent on their good side, you werent gonna have a good day when they were at the location.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management doesnt care about their employees, hours were cut even if the goal was reached, if there was any error on the company's part you needed proof so it would be fixed, missing hours werent paid unless proof was shown by employee that they worked said hours, employees had no help from management when it came to customer dissatisfaction
Not what I've expected.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2015
I've been working for the company for about a year so far, very nice place with plenty of live displays for customers to check and plenty of promotions, now since I been working there the staff loves to gossip and talk behind each other back, lack of hours, slow traffic throughout the days, also have to deal with management who has their favorites where they can go out for lunch for long period of hours and get their hours adjusted.. guess its just the job I worked at.. even though its a corrupted job the pay and commission is nice.
Pros
benefits, commission, easy job, team work
Cons
lack of growth, low inventory, slow business days
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 21, 2016
On a typical day at work i usually get there ready to work start taking customers payments, handling the cash, also i answer any questions helping them with anything they need, and also making sales but with also making sure what it is that the customer would like and fits their budget. my only coworker I have is an awesome person she is who I learned everything from and really there is nothing hard about the job.
Pros
N/A
Cons
No Brake, no commision, only part time, no good pay and benefits
Fast environment
Team leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Upon opening of the store every morning inventory would have to be done. Ensuring quota of phone and accessory sales had to be met each day. Management work more off negativity instead of motivating team members. I most enjoyed when a client would come in angry at us or the company. But when helped to my best ability they would leave satisfied and with the issue solved.
Pros
Cost of phone service cut in half.
Cons
No benefits
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
Sales are pretty fast paced and benefits are great. It is what you make of it and the more positive you are the easier it is to deal with the customers and your day. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the rude customers but it was a great learning experience.
Pros
commission
Cons
hours
Could be better.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at MetroPCS often included arranging posters and signs in the store. Answering various questions from customers. Then holding a sign on the side walk to attract new customers. For my first job the most challenging part was standing outside in the blazing sun, but with the sometimes long breaks granted by management it was bearable. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the inflexible schedule that cut into my school schedule. There wasn't much of a company culture to follow other then keep customers happy and informed.
Pros
Great staff, Long breaks, Nice benifits
Cons
Unreasonable Pay, Schedule
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work can be 6-8 hours, co-workers and management are welcoming, and its a positive work environment. Management trains you often and gives incentives to keep you motivated. Benefits and pay are better than most retail jobs. The worst part about the job are the angry customers!
Pros
positive work environment, great benefits, incentives
Cons
angry customers
Fullfilment in keeping many communities in touch with one another.
DCS Switch Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 7, 2015
Exciting place to work at Metro PCS. Management was all about having fun serving the customers. Had the opportunity to lean about sales, management, inventory, warehousing, finance, logistics, and cellular communication. Met many great people in my 13 year career and met some amazing customers also. With the merger of T-Mobile brought new friends and new experiences. Learned new technology and had more growth in experience. But with the combining of two companies it was understood that there had to be a staff cut. Will not forget them, but with the layoff I have moved on and am ready to what's next.
Pros
The People, The salary.
Cons
The layoff.
So many personalities
District Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 10, 2015
This career option wasn't bad in the beginning but you if you wish to move up and forward, you really can't. You are basically stuck where you come in, and with no room for money growth and advancement it was hard to continue to feel good about going in everyday. Limited scope of what you can accomplish and offer, bring to table.
Pros
free stuff, giveaways, flexiblity
Cons
compensation, time off, advancement, structure of dealers company.
Great workplace
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 29, 2015
Clocking in and always going above and beyond for achievement for employees, helping them, resolving escalated issues, and creating new sales pitch too help the team. Learned the selling of product too be a lot more helpful when you get it down and learn the features in 15+ devices. Management, we strived on always succeeding for every aspect, customers, employees, keeping up of the store, helping anybody that walked in the door too their needs. Hardest part of the job was too get the material down for new ideas and how to implement in the point of sale. Enjoyable was the job at hand.
Pros
great benefits, commission, and working with a great team
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Sales Representative/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 19, 2016
Productive workplace.
Great management team
Everyone is nice
The pay is not that great
No benefits
You get %50 off an unlimited plan if you are one of the first 3 hires at the store
its a good job to work your always interacting with other costumers
Sales Representative/Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  9 court st buffalo ny,October 14, 2015
the pay isn't really for me but its not a bad job to have they take out a lot of tax I like working with phones and our consumers but like I said the pay isn't cutting it for me I sell phones activate phones let our consumers know about our new deals and upgrades they can get , the co-workers are good people to work with we help each other if any of us need it I learned a lot about this job like activating phones selling phones/accessories talking to costumers fixing phones for our costumers and making them happy and satisfied with metro.
Pros
half off any plan
Cons
no great benefits
Exciting
Cellular Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Very fun, Keep you on your toes learning, wonderful comapny to work for, No healtcare or benefits, However room for growth is there. They always promote within which is awesome.
never go back
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2016
i was a retail sales associate. i would handle customers. i learned a lot about cell phones. i usually worked alone. the pay wasn't great and the hours were bad.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no benefits and bad pay
great company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2015
Always busy, with sales, customer service
Great staff to work for
Exciting: new technology launching new mobile devices
Decent training
The service they provide is excellent
Pros
good benefits
Cons
The upper management should appreciate the hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroPCS. Our community is ready to answer.