MetroPCS Employee Reviews

Found 1,108 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fast paced-Environtment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
I love my job! It's very easy and simple, I have good and bad customers but easy to handle, overall. I deal with all kinds of backgrounds and ethnicities which helps working with the general public even outside of work. Co-workers are great, although I work with a young age group, and all females (me being female myself) which makes the environment a little too competitive at times. I work for an independent dealer, so I only see my boss about 2 times per week. Great guy but we have no benefits, and no check stubs. Sometimes feel I am being cheated out on my money. I also dislike my hours; I work an average of 60 hrs per week, only one day off. My checks look great but my personal life does not. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is meeting daily and monthly quota sales. My team usually does a good job on reaching our goal but it is still quite a challenge. What I do like about working for this company is the great people I have met and the new skills I learn each day and my sales commission check.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Bonus Check
Cons
No benefits, Hectic hours, No check stubs
It started out well but as the years went by, it got worse
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Corona, NYNovember 24, 2015
The management doesn't treat their employees well and barely gave any raises. When it came to customer satisfaction they only cared about making the sale and didnt help out their employees when the customer returned with a defective phone unless they returned it under the return policy. The coworkers were ok but the manager had favorites and if you werent on their good side, you werent gonna have a good day when they were at the location.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management doesnt care about their employees, hours were cut even if the goal was reached, if there was any error on the company's part you needed proof so it would be fixed, missing hours werent paid unless proof was shown by employee that they worked said hours, employees had no help from management when it came to customer dissatisfaction
Convenient scheduling, poor management, compromised ethics.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 10, 2016
Easy job, convenient hours but the management was woefully under-qualified inefficient and prone to lapses in judgment. The quality of the products was sup-par and while the management is fully aware customer are regularly given misrepresentations of both the products quality and their possible recourse.
Pros
Easy to start, convenient scheduling
Cons
Unethical sales practices, incompetent management low pay and lack of benefits.
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 1, 2016
On a typical day you count inventory and sell phones, service plans, and accessories. I learned the intricacies of the cell phone business. Management was routinely late and not accountable. My co-workers rarely showed up to work on time and had difficulty learning the products and proper procedures. The hardest part was the lack of pay and commission without explanation. I enjoyed interacting with customers.
Pros
Cons
management and lack of pay and benefits
Not what I've expected.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 12, 2015
I've been working for the company for about a year so far, very nice place with plenty of live displays for customers to check and plenty of promotions, now since I been working there the staff loves to gossip and talk behind each other back, lack of hours, slow traffic throughout the days, also have to deal with management who has their favorites where they can go out for lunch for long period of hours and get their hours adjusted.. guess its just the job I worked at.. even though its a corrupted job the pay and commission is nice.
Pros
benefits, commission, easy job, team work
Cons
lack of growth, low inventory, slow business days
Could be better.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at MetroPCS often included arranging posters and signs in the store. Answering various questions from customers. Then holding a sign on the side walk to attract new customers. For my first job the most challenging part was standing outside in the blazing sun, but with the sometimes long breaks granted by management it was bearable. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the inflexible schedule that cut into my school schedule. There wasn't much of a company culture to follow other then keep customers happy and informed.
Pros
Great staff, Long breaks, Nice benifits
Cons
Unreasonable Pay, Schedule
Fullfilment in keeping many communities in touch with one another.
DCS Switch Technician (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLOctober 7, 2015
Exciting place to work at Metro PCS. Management was all about having fun serving the customers. Had the opportunity to lean about sales, management, inventory, warehousing, finance, logistics, and cellular communication. Met many great people in my 13 year career and met some amazing customers also. With the merger of T-Mobile brought new friends and new experiences. Learned new technology and had more growth in experience. But with the combining of two companies it was understood that there had to be a staff cut. Will not forget them, but with the layoff I have moved on and am ready to what's next.
Pros
The People, The salary.
Cons
The layoff.
Good starting job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day on the job consisted of selling our services to our customers, especially when there was promotions. I learned how to sell and market while i worked here, however the management and location was not the best. Most of the time our sales were low, lacking phones in the store, and very few customers.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No Privacy, Late Paychecks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work can be 6-8 hours, co-workers and management are welcoming, and its a positive work environment. Management trains you often and gives incentives to keep you motivated. Benefits and pay are better than most retail jobs. The worst part about the job are the angry customers!
Pros
positive work environment, great benefits, incentives
Cons
angry customers
Was very poorly managed. Nobody looked like they wanted to be there. Was just a bad experiece,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CASeptember 14, 2016
Typical day at work would be counting inventory, money in registers, cleaning the store, help customers that came in wanting a new phone or had any questions about their phones. I didnt learn much there, i had previously worked at a Metro PCS in Mesa, AZ before i moved back to San Diego. Management was horrible. Manager was never there and if she was always had her friends there. Me and two other employees were the ones doing all the work. Was horrible. Co-workers were nice but it got to a pont to where they all looked as if they never wanted to be there, never really made the customers feel welcomed, only as if they wanted them in and out. Hardest part was having to deal with multiple customers because manager/ co workers weren't very helpful. Nothing very enjoyable.
Fast environment
Team leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Upon opening of the store every morning inventory would have to be done. Ensuring quota of phone and accessory sales had to be met each day. Management work more off negativity instead of motivating team members. I most enjoyed when a client would come in angry at us or the company. But when helped to my best ability they would leave satisfied and with the issue solved.
Pros
Cost of phone service cut in half.
Cons
No benefits
not a occupation that is good to be used for a permanent job
assist customers (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 15, 2016
the job is good for those who are students or have another job to supplement the lack of salary that the stores provide. The staff that i work with are not the most flexible people in the world. within a day people will attempt to make deals with you for less than what is to be paid for either their bill or a phone, do not be swayed as if one gets by others will follow. typically the days will be somewhat lonesome as many are coming in store to pay their phone bills unlike other bigger companies. the hardest part is dealing with people who do not understand the policy of the store as they will take their anger out on you. with this difficulty, there are people who will make your day and be incredibly nice and helpful to your day.
Pros
get to know people
Cons
very short breaks
Very productive and busy environment
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Answer customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, equipment, and claims. Using a
mechanized system to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests. Continually maintain
working knowledge of all company products, services, and promotions. Make recommendations according
to customer's needs on features, accessories, upgrades and rate plans. Operate cash register, scanners and
computers to itemize the total of customer purchases; collect payments and make change for cash transactions.
Balance drawer at the start and end of each shift.
Pros
Extra time to get everything in place, amazing team members.
working in Metro Store
Lead Linguist/Interpreter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 3, 2016
I learned time management First . I believe time Management is the most important thing for success gateway . So I learned these time and business management with doing lots of research about successful people and . did practically in my life . the hardest Part of the job is the end of the month report so you basscally reporting every single thing the end of the month . the most joyful part of my job meeting mostly nice people having good conversation which I am a social guy like to have conversation with people and learn some thing new from them .
Could be better
Sales Representative/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAMarch 15, 2016
The time that I was there it could have been better and they could have treated me a little better also.. Management was the worst, a typical day I did everything while everyone else was in the back doing nothing, I learned some people just take to much advantage of you, co-workers were real lazy, the hardest part was I could never sit down for a second, and the enjoyable parts were to make customers happy and that I was dealing with phones all day long
Staff got along well
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2016
We were a corporate store so we were busy much of the time and we grew great relationships with our customers. That always made the customer happy and our job more pleasurable. I learned a lot of technology, devices, inventory and sales. I got along well with all my co workers. When customers are comfortable with their old device they are hesitant to change devices so sometimes it would be a bit of a challenge to show them the great new products but with a good relationship they grow to trust you opinion.
Pros
Free lunches from management, work environment was positive.
Cons
Late breaks sometimes because of the rush
a structured enviroment with the exception of colorful outbursts from our customers
Authorized Dealer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 12, 2016
Metro PCS, Radio Page. As an authorized dealer for this establishment deamed its challenges of course, like any other job. she carried more of a,"learn as you go" and a "stay on your toes" kind of vibe. to always remember, your customer is always right. if there is something that can be said and done to assist, you do it. I learned plenty patience, gained drive, socially enclined and of course communication with my non-native clients of the hispanic culture. over all, i placed one hundred and i recieved the same from my customers when i came into work this way.now, im at the point in my life where i now wish my job would one day recognize my love for what i do so i too may rise with them. opportunities await me. In the mean time, my education travels with me.
Pros
the satisfaction of my happy customer and that it was i who made it happen.
Cons
unfortunately, pay was a stretch for a single mother and the rucus of the robberies put me in a bad place.
It was an awesome place to work, but owners didn't care for staff!
Store Manager - Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 18, 2016
Sales and customer service are a passion of mine! The cellular industry, to be more specific, is my niche; the Authorized Dealers (private owners through MetroPCS) didn't have the job security a normal human needs and desires. I breathe my work ethics through my future success, therefore I work harder than most, and feel it is necessary to find a company that is willing to notice, and promote those who do thrive for success of a company, as well as themselves. I look for longevity in my career and/or occupational choices with a refusal to stop!
A child's job
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2016
This job is meant for someone under the age of 20 with no ambition to better themselves. No benefits, you are constantly monitored on the cameras and will be called personally by the owner if you are not handing out flyers to potential customers walking by. It's great if you just need a paycheck but it is absolutely not somewhere i would recommend working if you want a personal life outside of work.
Metro PCS was a productive phone company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 25, 2016
A typical day at work was basically reaching the daily goal selling phones,phone cases,ear phones and great deals on our plans. Being at the company I really learned a lot about the phones and learning how to set the device up with activation . The higher power in the company was well manageable they keep everything going as far in the store being well keep and employees getting paid on time. My co-workers was easy to get alone with we worked as a team especially when it came to the customers and solving problems .
Pros
commission and flexible hours
Cons
short breaks and no security