Metroplus Health Plan

Metroplus Health Plan Employer Reviews

It's an excellent place to work and develop yourself.
Marketplace Facilitated Enroller (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
It's a New York City Health plan. It's a health plan with almost half a million members. The network provider is pretty big. Its the only plan in New York City affiliated to HHC.
Great learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
It was palace where i learned a lot of things. It was a lot lot of fun to be there and all the challenges. Just no enough room for growth. Management Always was understanding and available for all things. Very fast paced work.
Stable job with the Hospital & Health Corporation of NY and great people to work with.
Member Retention Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
Pros: stable, good medical benefits, people are great
Cons: underpaid
My daily duties include assisting cureent members with the renewal of their medical benefits through the either paper or electronic application on sight at Bellevue Hospital. I also contact clients to schedule appointments to the hospital or for a field representative to make a home visit for them to complete the renewal process along with providing exceptional cuatomer service.
Great Company
Assistant Director Member Retention (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
A typical day working at Metroplus is dealing with members and staff. I learn that you have to have patience when dealing with both. If a member need a question answered, regardless of what dept they are looking for, I try my best to get an answer for them without transfering them throuh out the company. Being a manager can sometimes be a little trying when dealing with differnt personalities and work habits but I learned to keep it professional and also be flexible when needed. I enjoy my co-workers, I've beeen working with them for quite some time. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the members. I get so much satisfaction when a person health insurance is renewed and what ever issues they were having have been solved.
Great Job/Room for Advancement
Executive Assistant (Temp-intern) (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2014
Worked there as an intern, you learn a lot via workshops and from your supervisors. Management is great and communication is easy.
A Typical Day at Work
Care Manager (Managerial) (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2014
You were given Creative Autonomy to structure your interventions.
A rewarding company to work for.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 4, 2014
It was great helping people find sufficent medical insurance for themselves and families.
Fast-paced and Productive
Sr. Associate, Office of Labor Rel. & Legal Aff. (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2014
Great work environment. Creative and proactive thinking along with effective and successful work product.
Stable and family oriented
Director, Learning &Organizational Development (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2014
MetroPlus is a medium sized company, but trying to maintain the environment of a small family oriented health insurance plan. I am privileged for having had the opportunity to serve in the capacity that I have, both to the Plan's members externally, and internally to the many committed and dedicated people that comprise the staff.
MetroPlus Health Plan
Business Analyst of Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low salary
As part of Health and Hospital Corporation, MetroPlus Health Plan has ventured off into one of the most reliable health insurance companies in NYC. MetroPlus is truly all about the members. However, this provides a disadvantage to employees who are not provided with career growth opportunties because the company does not evolve at a pace necessary to ensure employees who are committed are retained.
Quiet work place with repetitious work
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2014
A typical day begins with a supervisor distributing claims to the examiners. The next 7 hours are spent meticulosly evaluating and processing claim. Management is proficient. I get along well with my coworkers. The hardest part of my job is just making sure that mistakes are extremely minimal. The most enjoyable part of my job is working for a company who cares about there customers which makes my job rewarding.
Energetic Workplace
Communications Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2014
A very high energy and communicative workplace. Coworkers are very hardworking.
Stable place to work
Acting Corporate Compliance Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2013
MetroPlus is a company that provides job stability and security.
Further my Career Path
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2013
Pros: multitasker
Would like to further my career in which i can grown and develop new traits and knowledge about my self and the company
A great place to learn professional skills.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management
If you are into selling health insurance than this is a good place to start.
MetroPlus is a company that only looks at revenue with no appreciation towards their employees
Child Health Plus Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
MetroPlus is a company that revolves around numbers. When you gain a high number of retaining or enrolling consumers into the plan, they always ask for more. There is absolutely little to no advancement. Although the benefits are present, there is a complete lack of employee appreciation.
Interesting first time job experience at a big company
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2012
Worked with case management in HIV services for high-risk members that qualify for SNP (Special Needs Plan) in Medicare and Medicaid.
• I learned skills such as data entry and consolidation by preparing for an upcoming Medicare audit in the fall, verifying the current members' statuses to see whether they still qualify for Medicare. I worked in a team with two other interns as we reviewed cases for each of MetroPlus's thousands of members under the SNP. I learned how to navigate large data sets with programs such as PowerSTEPP and DCMS, which involved cooperating with other departments such as Claims, MIS, and Network Relations.
• One of my biggest projects entailed data analysis of various pharmacies, prescribers, and Rx drugs. Given my unique background in statistics, I proposed strategies on predictive modeling of the high-risk population and defining that threshold based on different variables. At the end, we were able to develop a system to sort through over a million prescriptions and immediately identify frequent abusers and fraudulent prescribers with the help of Access, which I used to model the data into relevant information.
Productive, Fun Working Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2012
Pros: work by the seaport, unionized, great benefits, free insurance
Cons: horrible parking
Work closely with approx 6 people, who have become almost like family. We argue, we agree, we get our job DONE. I monitor calls to ensure accuracy and professionalism of the information being given by CSR.

August 14, 2012

I went for an interview. Told is was "over qualified" for the position. Second, was promised I would hear back about the decision made. There was no follow up for call ever received. Not particularly thrilled with the whole experience.

About Metroplus Health Plan

New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) takes care of the Big Apple. HHC has facilities in all five boroughs of New – Read more