Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews in United States

It is a very good company to work for.
Medicare Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
I was able to gain my knowledge and skills from this company. I was able to gain confident when it come to doing my job thanks to the management in this company. I been working for this company for 10 years and do not regret it. Many growth opportunities.
Pros
different work schedule to work from. very clean and attractive looking place.
Cons
rude staffing. Poor communication.
Excellent
Intern / Accounts Payable / Payroll (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2016
It's an amazing working experience for me. I've learned a lot in such a short time, the people here are very professional and the environment is far from hostile.
Great Company
Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting the members, making sure the their insurance coverage continues and that they are satisfied with my services. This company has excellent benefits since it is a City job, my coworkers are great, they are fun and we look out for each other. As for my department, I believe we have the best management. They want their team to succeed and they encourage us to do our best.
Pros
One hour lunch, Free health insurance, Paid vacations and Sick time, Union, Pension
Secure career with great benefits
Quality Assurance Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I highly enjoyed working for the New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation because it had job security and amazing benefits. However, I get underpaid for my credentials and it is time for a job with more financial security.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
CThis was an interesting job, I loved the people I worked with for the most part but the company is not organized very well.
Pros
City Job
Cons
Disorganization
Metroplus will help you review, reflect and revise your career goals.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Metroplus is a good company to work for when entering the workforce or retiring. They gave me the chance to improve on my administrative skill where I had additional responsibilities and was able to transform into a strong team leader.
Pros
Stress on continuing education
Cons
stronger leadership
My first real job
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at this company. They instilled my work ethic and professionalism. I loved the compensation and tried hard to make sure the work was done
It's a City Job
Supervisor, Customer Services Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
It is a good company for candidates interested in getting their "foot in the door" for a city job.

It is highly recommended to be organized and be able to keep information written down.

There is potential for improvement of the culture in the office but, currently, there is no clear direct path of doing so.
Work review
ESRA/Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
I loved this job. I helped others and it felt great to do so. If I had an option of returning to work for them I would. It was fast paced and organized. My co-workers were helpful and friendly.
Pros
Annual picnic and activities thru the year.
High energetic work environment
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me reviewing cases on my daily call log. Assessing priority on which members to call and assisting them with any concerns they may have with regards to managing there health.

I have learned how to assist member on managing there comorbidities and chronic illnesses associated with mental heatlh, substance abuse, Sexually transmitted infections etc.

Management is very supportive

The hardest part of the Job would be trying to provide quality care with a high quantity case load

The most enjoyable part of the Job is being able to assist members with struggles they may be experiencing with regards to there health and getting member to become self sufficient in managing there care.
Pros
Company Picnics, Wonderful Staff
Cons
Having to deal with Irate members on the phone
client service coordinator
Case Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 30, 2015
I would make any corrections in the Data base. I would organize client folders. Greet clients, make appointments. Update any changes in the data base. Serve as an interpreter. Answer all calls, and make all out bound calls, to increase revenue, and assure the clients were satisfied and will return for our service's.
Pros
Additional work, learner about taxes.
Cons
I really dont have any cons
Productive place with lots of activities for employees
ESRA/Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2015
I worked in the elegability department and we had to review applications for approval. We corected mistakes and gathered the correct paperwork for the approval of medical insurance. I also worked with the Human Resource Admintration for insurance that had madicaid.
Great stable place to work
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management.The hardest part of the job is getting past all the politics from the parent company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the connection I am able to make with each patient. To me it is all about making a difference in people's lives and my job allows and encourages me to do so.
fair place to work
Community Outreach/Special Events Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2015
decent benefits. very demanding work environment. With different management it would probably be an outstanding place to work. Employee benefits are awesome. Too bad management does not match that
Pros
great benefits
Cons
terrible management
cubical in a managed care office
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
Not bad just stuck inside all day. Helping patients resolve issues related to their healthcare us very rewarding, however.
Pros
great interacting with patients
Cons
all day in the hospital.
Great Experience
Care Management Associate (Behavioral Health Dept (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2015
Working at metroplus on all different levels has be a challenge but overall when you make with members its all about the members care. I have leaned to deal with all kinds of people. My co-workers are always willing to help one another. Management can sometimes be difficult when dealing with a situation and they dont even have the answers. I enjoy working with a team of people who come together and at the end we get a great review.
Pros
Free lunches when vendors come
Cons
phone scans
Working For Metroplus
MarketPlace Facilitator Enroller (Former Employee) –  160 Water StreetAugust 18, 2015
The best part about my experience at Metroplus was helping people to acquire health insurance. I really enjoyed educating the population about how important health insurance is. Also, what the various packages cover in terms of medical needs. Being able to help people was honestly a great fulfillment for me.
Productive work enviornment
Regulatory Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2015
My manager was always very honest and open with me which made me comfortable working with people who are older than me. I gained a lot of work experience working at this company.
Pros
Professional
Great company...
Assistant Director -Community Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
Good staff...hard workers...team work...good company...great benefits..., will work there again. Teamwork and good atmosphere...
Challenging, busy and productive environment
Call Center - Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
Call center intake of calls from 8a.m to 5:00pm with a daily call volume of 100 ( or more as a team player) easily attainable with proper training and leadership. Rewarding with positive customer feedback resulting in customer service day - or customer service of the month. Management feedback can be a positive critique for improvement in the call center or additional training.
Pros
job stability
Cons
short breaks or no breaks if high call volume

Metroplus Health Plan Reviews by Location