Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

Stressful, micromanagers
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Unrealistic expectations, high staff turnover, Minimal policies and procedures. No room for growth, new opportunities given to new staff instead of old. inexperienced managers.
Pros
city
Cons
not flexible
A stable place to work at
Medicare Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  60 water street new york NYApril 20, 2017
A nice environment to work at. Mostly all of the facilities are New York health and hospital corporation based which makes it simple to educate and enroll people in the community.
Ghetto Plus
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
Potential to be the best job ever. However the Company do not like investing in competitive benefits packages to sell the clients. Too many internal rivalries among departments. Shady HR/ Labor relations that provides information that is not correct. Do not help employees, allows management mistreat employees specially if do not belong to a union and do not do anything about it because of internal friendships that they have with department heads. A marketing management that blame sale associates, supervisor and managers for the bad products they sell. Marketing department leadership with big head and that harasses their staff and think it is ok because HR look the other way. A case management department that is not accountable. A provider relations department that do not recruit doctors based on opportunities and needs for the Company. Low morale specially in departments that oversee smaller products due to the lack of support from upper management and executive staff. The company wants to have a diverse product offerings However they don't invest in products that make sense for the clients. Very unprofessional Company with department heads that discusses employee personal information in front of whomever. Old payroll system. Executives having love relashionships with members of their staff and HR/ Labor relations looking the other way because of their friendships with the department heads. This company do not give merit increases, and if they do you have to wait 10 years to get it. Surprised this company is not under investigation for their illegal practices and  more... broken processes.  less
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Productive work environment. Supportive staff.
Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2017
9-5 work day
Learned EDI transactions and Medicaid insurance
Management very supportive
Team environment
Physical appearance of environment needs upgrade
Staff very friendly
Pros
Easily accessible location.
Ghetto and unprofessional
Assistant Director of Hospitals (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
I transferred to Metro Plus from kings County, I was told before I left that was a bad move. I can not speak for every department but HIV services is for the birds you are not allowed to have any original ideas or ask any questions about anything. Management staff are bullies with degrees. If you do ask one to many questions will be terminated or just flat out ignored.
Pros
Company trainings
Cons
Too many to mention
I loved this Job!
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Working at Metroplus was a wonderful experience. For 8 Years I had a position where my supervisor trusted my opinions and did not micromanage. Had my family not decided to relocate I would still be working there.
Pros
We were like family and I enjoyed coming to work.
Cons
We sometimes dealt with some cattiness and gossip, nothing major.
My worst professional experience thus far
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2017
I worked at MetroPlus for 5 years and I couldn't wait to leave after my first year there. This is the worst position I've had in my adult life. Things there was never good but since the current CMO arrived, the company went from bad to unbearable.
Pros
Cons
Salary, growth opportunities, high turn over rate
Vendored out my job
Health Home Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
I loved MetroPlus until they vendored out my job to Beacon. They had promised in January, 2015 that this would not happen. However, they still did it. . They simply called me into HR and got rid of me, along with others.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Vendored out my job
Many new challenges in a changing
Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Many new state and federal regulations requiring new programs to be implemented. As a government organization resources were scarce and employees were not very enthusiastic to make changes.
Good place to work, if the salary match your expectations
In-Field Navigator (HEDIS/QARR) Quality Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2016
Overall, MetroPlus is a good company, takes care of their employees but the salaries are too low compared to the average in the market
Ok
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
Ok place to work, no real room for growth. Depending on your department your experience will vary. Work environment is relaxed overall and the people and usually kind.
Productive enviornment
Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 7, 2016
I enjoy being able to help people on a daily basis, and working at Metroplus allows you to do just that. I have learned a lot while working here and am grateful for the opportunity.
Unioned work location with lack of motivation for job function
FIDA Care Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 15, 2016
Overall, The company is a fine health plan with knowledgeable staff, however, they lack organization and tend to lean toward a 'city employee' mentality. They require better leadership to improve, both customer and employee satisfaction in order to maintain an organization that will maintain a star rating of over 2.5. Happy employees work better for the consumers in most cases. I do see changes beginning to move in an upward direction.
Pros
Union Job Security and Pension
Cons
Lack of communication an very little advancement potential
It is a very good company to work for.
Medicare Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
I was able to gain my knowledge and skills from this company. I was able to gain confident when it come to doing my job thanks to the management in this company. I been working for this company for 10 years and do not regret it. Many growth opportunities.
Pros
different work schedule to work from. very clean and attractive looking place.
Cons
rude staffing. Poor communication.
Excellent
Intern / Accounts Payable / Payroll (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 29, 2016
It's an amazing working experience for me. I've learned a lot in such a short time, the people here are very professional and the environment is far from hostile.
Great Company
Retention Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting the members, making sure the their insurance coverage continues and that they are satisfied with my services. This company has excellent benefits since it is a City job, my coworkers are great, they are fun and we look out for each other. As for my department, I believe we have the best management. They want their team to succeed and they encourage us to do our best.
Pros
One hour lunch, Free health insurance, Paid vacations and Sick time, Union, Pension
Secure career with great benefits
Quality Assurance Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I highly enjoyed working for the New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation because it had job security and amazing benefits. However, I get underpaid for my credentials and it is time for a job with more financial security.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
CThis was an interesting job, I loved the people I worked with for the most part but the company is not organized very well.
Pros
City Job
Cons
Disorganization
Metroplus will help you review, reflect and revise your career goals.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Metroplus is a good company to work for when entering the workforce or retiring. They gave me the chance to improve on my administrative skill where I had additional responsibilities and was able to transform into a strong team leader.
Pros
Stress on continuing education
Cons
stronger leadership
My first real job
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at this company. They instilled my work ethic and professionalism. I loved the compensation and tried hard to make sure the work was done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroplus Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9