Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) Employee Reviews

I retired from Marta love working for them.
Bus Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for.
I went there when I was 24 years old they taught me a lot of things
I really love working with them. I learn a lot from them.It was very
enjoyable working for them I had some goof times there.My co-workers where very nice to me we all got a long. Management was
great. My typical day was good.
This Is a career for someone without family
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
The hours when just starting are horrible, the management is very unprofessional and non caring the only good thing is being out on a route not being surrounded by management.
I learned to communicate well with the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAJuly 14, 2015
Their showing overwhelming support and love. Teaching you how to communicate each other well and understanding each other.
Fast moving, very structured
Mobility Bus Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good Managers, thorough training
Cons: Hours
At MATA I drove the mobility bus for the handicapped. Each day was picking up passengers and taking them to appointments and hospital visits or shopping. The management team was excellent, the hours were hard to keep up with I worked from 7pm -1am, at that time I had two classes on campus, and it was difficult to keep up. You really could not change your schedule when you were just getting started with the company,
Can be a Career if your in the right position
Big Bus/Mobility Operator/Revenue Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Unlimited breeze card, meet about 10 to 20 great people, senority transfers with you, okay benefits, an okay retirement package
Cons: Little to no breaks, management is worthless, the union's Vice President is a corporate crook, noisy employees, feels like a high school full of childish adults, company doesn't follow their own policy, get fired for anything, women/men drivers having relationships with management which causes a conflict
This company can be an awesome career but when they don't follow their own policy and procedures it causes conflicts. They don't fully investigate accusations that another employee may accuse you of and employees don't know how to work as one. There's little to no protection for big bus operators while the union(ATU Local 732) is a joke especially the crooked Vice President who's been charged with several offenses. Don't believe the saying, "MARTA don't fire you, you fire yourself" because it's a complete lie; they'll fire you with no problem. Follow yor own policy MARTA and stop taking advantage of your workers while wrongfully firing your best workers.
A work friendly environment
Office Administrator II, TSP (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
Co-workers are very supportive. Work environment is OK. Managers support growth in the company. Technology needs updating.
Need a change of Management Staff
Superintendent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Company to Work For
Cons: Need new management staff in the Transportation Department
MARTA is a great company to work for but the bad attitude of the upper management staff need improvement. My over all review of the company are there are great opportunities in store with the company. All you need to do is to apply your self. The attitudes of some of the upper management leaves something to be desired.
Productive fast pace
Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 2, 2015
The running all over GA in a time frame is stressful especially when safety should be first priority. No real break time. Co-workers are fun the dispatchers need to take a course of customer service training a years worth lol very unprofessional (mobility) department
Unsecured Employment
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great industry to work, opportunity to meet people/networking, respect from teamplayers, the pay is excellent
Cons: Management shows favoritism, Union not supportive to their members but sides with company, support system
Great industry with several flaws within the management and headquarters, with the lack of support system from the Union. The vehicles are not mechanical fixable within a timely manner. The passengers are NOT respecting the rules and regulations of no eating and the ridership fare.
Furthermore, management needs a highly, mandated evaluation with firm upgraded sessions regards to customer service, proper evaluation of employees w/of favortism, a routine rotation by expedite service and conduct surveys to passengers and bus operators on the strategic role of upgrading the transportation system to an updated company within United States.
Terminating individuals within a reckless mannerism and.indecent propositions towards gender for the ownership of proper retirement and employment longitudinally.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Good work environment co workers keep you laughing day starts around 6 and ends around 6 never a dull moment hardest part is getting up early
Exciting and productive; each day brings something new.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Interacting with people and sharpening your people skills, which is very essential in life.
Cons: If your attitude is bad, it will resonate through to customers; customers don't feel they have to respect operators, but they demand it.
In my opinion, MARTA is a very good place to work. However, there are some challenges with the company that need fixing as far as leadership and management. Any organization is the direct reflection of its leaders. With a new CEO in place, the organizational culture has been changing for the better. A typical day at work is what you make it. It all depends on your frame of mind; remember, you are interacting with the general public. Therefore, that experience is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you will get.
Place to learn so many things
Manager of Architecture, MARTA (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work with lots of agencies, community, and could do some thing for city
Cons: compensation
I have been fortunate to work on the MARTA expansion of the west line, east line, north line and south line stations including rail and bus maintenance facilities from 1985 through 2004. Working with the Department of Planning on Transit Oriented Development projects and with Systems Engineering were equally exciting. Some of the highlights included “State of the Art” System Wide -Fare Collection Upgrade and Visual Public Address System. One of my best memories was the initiative during the 1996 Olympics where MARTA partnered with government agencies to host the international event.

I got a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction being the Authority’s expert in ADA. I prepared and implemented key station plans and all the facilities transitional plans. This gave me the opportunity working and dealing with Department of Justice( DOJ) Department of Transportation( DOT) and Federal Transit Authority( FTA).

I have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure at MARTA and I am sincerely grateful for allowing me to be an integral part of MARTA’s growth and for all these great experiences. T he person I am today is because of the support, encouragement, guidance and opportunities offered by this organization and I will always cherish that.
Employees are friendly and Team Oriented
Retirement Benefits Analyst/Plan Administration (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2015
Great work environment. Employees are awesome. I absolutely love the support provided to each other and the charity club funded by employees.
Not productive...Crazy Work Place!!
Marta Mobility Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no breaks in some departments
Wild Work Place!!! Very Bad Place to work at!!! Bad management..Co-workers Call-Out a lots!!! No enjoyment in this department!!!
Enjoyable, busy and rewarding.
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: marta has a great work-life balance.
Cons: there are not many opportunities to grow within the different groups.
I am currently working as the Manager of Audit. The day is busy but very fulfilling. My team consists of 7 auditors. We work very hard to carry out the business of MARTA. The most enjoyable part about the job is to know the work we do enables the citizens of Atlanta to have safe, reliable public transportation.
Supervision of scheduled / emergency repairs to a wayside environment associated with trains and busses for a large transit authority.
Job Order Coordinator - JOC (Current Employee), Atlanta, Georgia.March 12, 2015
Pros: co workers / pride of work / benefits / nature of emergency work.
Cons: middle management.
Supervision of the day to day maintenace of a large scale DC Voltage Train environments and associated support facilities.
In addition support emergency responders efforts and perform required repairs.
Supervision of all aspects of transit related construction, sub contractors, internal departments, safety & authority schedules of operation.
Very exciting job if you are a people person.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: paid vacations and holidays
Cons: can be a bit routine on the same route everyday.
Drove a fixed route throughout Metro Atlanta. Load/unload passengers at assign bus stops. Answered questions and concerns. Gave directions to there point of interests.
Fun workplace that had a fitness center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Provided customer information on bus and rail scheduling , Job was fun and system that was used was very user friendly. Co-workers were nice,friendly,helpful and professional.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Atlanta,GAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: very great benefits and opportunity for advancement to any field.
Cons: shorts breaks
I love my job and my place of employment. It's a team atmosphere shockingly in this bus industry. I started out as a part time bus operator and was made full time after a month. Everyday is different and what you make it. Funny thing is I drove greyhound for 8 years and Megabus for 2. They both don't even compare to Marta benefit wise nor opportunity for advancement. I actually love coming to work here everyday. Time flies especially when you having fun
Working
Service Person 1A (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
You learn how to drive a class A vehicle. Also learn how to use heavy duty cleaning equipment and supplies. You have to work with a crew. The down fall is dealing with managers that do not know the job