Metropolitan College of New York Employee Reviews

Working at the library in school
Library Assistant (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
I would come into work check my section that I'm assigned to then make sure all of the Microsoft booklets are fully stocked for students to look at or take with them. I learned about how a college library is setup and how students interact in the library. Management was good and they knew how to provide the student with the information that need for each class. The hardest part was dealing with students that are rude and disrespectful. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers we go along well and completely our daily tasks.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
The best thing about this school & the maintenance department is the management listen to their maintenance department about what can be done to approve the upkeep of the facility.
Opportunity
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2017
Gives students of all walks of life to become contributing members of society, It was absolutely convenient, very flexible, friendly and professional staff.
Pros
Great Flexibility
Cons
No cons
Learning and Teaching Environment
Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2017
The organization is retooling to realign it mission and strategy. The organization allows its professors to teach without dictating methodology and dress code.
Wonderful people!
Freelance (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYDecember 5, 2016
Enjoyed working in this atmosphere. I was a freelance worker for events. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting students and faculty. Greeting people from all walks of life was a highlight.
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant, Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2016
It is a very friendly place to work, and co-workers and supervisor are supportive. Also, when taking classes, it offers an opportunity to work without interfering in your classes. Also, they give an opportunity to students to have a job after graduating.
Pros
A friendly environment
Cons
Slow opportunity for growth
Nice and Friendly Work place
Administrative Assistant to Dean of Business (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2015
Respectful and Quit to the students and staff. The most enjoyable part was getting to know people and realizing that they really are friendly and care about you succeeding!
A college
Director of Business Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2015
The college is good in that it teaches how to write business plans, but it needs to develop courses that bring students up to par to start classes and to develop its career center.
Pros
Got to learn a lot and met many dedicated professors
Cons
Students short changed. Faculty not backed up.
Professional
Student Services-Front Desk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
fast paced environment, great resource for networking and constantly changing prospects kept the day interesting.
Pros
experience
Cons
no job security
Two Summers ago
Coordinator of Student Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2014
Relaxed and Smooth day. Registration begins and the Summers fly... Enjoyable, Empowering and Diversity environment
I learned to be patient and observable, understand the person's issue or situation.
Multitasking was challenging but doable.
Pros
Advancement, tuition a percentage is taken off
Cons
No Benefits for part timers or work-study program
Overall enjoy my work environment
Bursar Office - Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2014
a typical day at work involves me interacting with students in helping them with their financial questions. taking in payments student pay for their balances.
Excellent experience
Professor of Economics (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Excellent experience. Enjoyed teaching in a diverse work environment. Excellent staff and lovely colleagues.
Great diverse work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
A very relaxing and comfortable work enviornment. Tasks are performed efficiently and effortlessly. Staff are very communicative and informative to any problems that needs troubleshooting. Overall, it's a very enjoyable environment to work in.
This place was a good experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
It was a good experience working here. The work study spot pay is very low and Trying to work for the College after graduating is hard because they rather have outsiders working for them.
College has potential for growth
Do not wish to disclose (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Overall great college just needs better management.
Also more should be offered to both current students and alumni.
dedicated efforts
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2013
two days weekly
lecture about nonprofit budgets and financial managment
Able to obtain information to perform duties.
Computer Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2013
There were areas to gain knowledge. Meet and greet people. Able to learn various areas of operation
Pros
Handle tasks well on my own and obtained details.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Mcny
Financial Aid Front Desk clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2013
A very fast pace to work in, the managers and staff there are very helpfull expecially the financial Aid staff
Cons
co workers gossip too much
productive, supportive, professional
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2013
This is a higher learning learning institution and reflects a great company culture of developing individuality within their staff, faculty, and community members.
Pros
great management
Great starter point.
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2012
This college has been my shelter from the time I become a student to graduating with my masters degree. I have grown immensely throughout the years professionally and personally. However, its time to broaden my horizons and continue to grow as i challenge myself in other projects,fields or companies. I enjoy every day at work, registering each student is so gratifying that I strive to do it often. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to work with the most amazing group of individuals that make the journey a smooth sailing one. Determining the hardest part of this job is a bit difficult for me because i enjoy challenges and so i do not consider hard time bad time but a challenge to overcome.
Pros
very interactive environments, lot to learn from this field as a professional.