Metropolitan Community College Employee Reviews

Best Teachers, Co-Workers and Students around!
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEMay 27, 2017
Everyone is so supportive of everyone in every position at Metropolitan Community College. The photo department is top notch in every way. I was always excited to go to work knowing that I was going to be able to help someone do something.
It was fun
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2017
Stressful under the particular manager as she was always changing her mind how she wanted things done. Show me, and I'll do what you want done. I wish that I could have stayed longer, as the people there were very helpful in other departments.
Pros
Schooling classes
Nice environment
Records Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 30, 2017
Have been working at Metropolitan Community College for almost 2 year now. I like the working environment. You get to work with the Deans which helps in increasing your knowledge.
awesome management
Learning Specialist I (Current Employee) –  independence,moApril 12, 2017
this is a great opportunity for students that need extra income. They work around your schedule and if you have needs arise and have to miss they are understanding.
Safe place to work
Contact Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 9, 2017
MCC is a safe place to work with out any pressure to do well as a staff member. As a student, it is a great place to work on someone's educational goals. The tuition is reasonably priced.
Pros
Easy going, no presuure from upper management
Cons
No strategic direction from Sr management. Departments work independently of each other.
Wonderful place to be employed! I would recommend this employer to everyone!
Secretary to the Dirf Technology Enhanced Learning (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 3, 2017
Every day was new and exciting! We worked as a team and our productivity was awesome!!! Our supervisors and Vice Presidents
allowed our creativity to flow! We assisted 9,000 students with their online courses and gave support to 45 faculty/instructors.
Pros
Many Pros
Cons
No Cons
I should have stayed
Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2017
MCC is a very great environment.Some people who work there are great! Some stink and shouldn't be in Hire Ed. The pay can be low but it had a lot of good human interaction. If helping students is your passion, could be a great fit.
Okay as a Student Worker
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Since I am a student worker and not necessarily a full-time employee, I was not able to thoroughly experience what it is like to actually receive benefits from MCC.

However, as a student worker, I am still able to get by. My supervisor is pleasant as well as my co-workers, and I do enjoy going to work. Since I am used to being a receptionist and doing administrative assistance, it isn't too scary for me, either.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay, No Benefits
Fun place to work
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68102October 30, 2016
This was a temp job over the summer. I enjoyed working with the people in the dept I was working in which was the Nursing Program Dept. It was a nice feeling to know that I was welcomed there.
Pros
Very enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Wished it went to Fulltime
This is my dream job. I thank this college for making it come true.
Adjunct Instructor for CNA program (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 22, 2016
I enjoy working at this company. I work evenings the hours are compatible to my daytime schedule. I have no hard areas with this job. The most pleasant ones are working with my students and watching them learn. .
Pros
availabilty to schedule as needed.
Cons
none.
Great place to work and for education
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2016
I enjoy working at Metropolitan Community College. I am an adjunct English Instructor and work part time. There are few opportunities for full time work in the English Department...only because everyone loves their work there.
Creatively inspiring work place with great teachers
Audio Visual Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 26, 2016
It was a joy to be able to work at my college while attending it. I received more one on one education that really helped me succeed.
Great personal satisfaction
Adjunct Instructor (Industrial Safety, DC & AC (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2016
Teaching at this level is very satisfying. The students are trying to improve their job skills and are motivated. Allowances have to be made for family and job distractions but the students are very focused on the educational opportunities provided.
Pros
Motivated students
Cons
No stability semester to semester
Excellent Community Collge
Administrative Assistant Student Services (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEJuly 9, 2016
MCC offers tremendous affordable opportunities for Education for the the Omaha Community. It truly reflects our community as you interact with students from every age, race, and background.
It's amazing that a student can commit to 2 years of education and come away with a life time of potential for a career.
Pros
Great culture to work in
Instructor, PHTLS and AMLS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 26, 2016
Could use a few new program directors, staff all gets along. scheduling can get crazy and last minute notice is often given. Other than that good school to work for. Plenty of work to do.
Boring, but quiet and open ended
Library Page (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJune 7, 2016
Although this job could often get gratingly tiresome due to the limited number of things to do, for the most part as long as you can stay busy the job is nice if you enjoy quiet workplaces where you have a degree of freedom in how you approach your workday then its not bad.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, open ended, friendly staff
Cons
Little pay, can easily run out of things to do
Super Fun!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 18, 2016
It was Fun working with all the different people, never felt like i was going for work it was always exciting, meeting new people, helping out each other,
Pros
Fees deduction.
Cons
working Saturday.
A People Place for Motivated Students Who Have Limited Opportunities
Evening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 14, 2016
I love working at Metro. The students are from everywhere and are motivated to better themselves. Staff and faculty are also.

I work in the Dean's Office, where I help resolve student concerns and faculty needs, including classroom management, campus questions, and other various situations.
Pros
Students, staff, culture
Cons
Work flow is busy but invigorating.
Very professional and freindly enviroment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2016
MCCBTC is a good place to work only reason I am leaving is because there is not enough hours.The one thing I truly enjoyed about this job is when the student's get what you are teaching, it is very rewarding.
Enthusiastic,Willing and Free
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 4, 2016
Quick Responses,Accurate and Helpful, Very Applicable Skills, Very Informative and Helpful. Very Accurate Life Balances,Extreme Level Of help,Golden Opportunity To Work Around Nice People. Very Fabulous Working Environment.Too Good and Enthusiastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5