Metropolitan Family Services

Metropolitan Family Services Employer Reviews

A solid foundation that will outlast most agenices.
Site Director (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisAugust 3, 2014
Pros: representation for being where the people are in the community.
Cons: high employee turnover
A good place to work. They have been providing social services to low income families in Chicago for a long time. They will outlast their competition because of their longstanding in local communities. They have branched out to offer services to the suburbs too. They have a solid executive team.
difficult environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
Very hostile working environment, no real job growth. You had to travel in very dangerous neighborhoods.
Social Work Intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 26, 2014
Experience providing individual and family therapy in various programs.
Productive work environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
Time management is a must with the job title and duties held.
Work Environment
Youth Engagement Specialist / Educator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Fast paced highly cultured work environment. Organization has great services ad serve a high client population. Although workers are very busy, they are very engaging and supportive of each other.
My job was meaningful and I really felt as though I was making a difference.
Out of School Time Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: my job was susceptible to budget cuts which in turn effected my hours.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a challenging and rewarding work environment. I enjoyed the staff and the management.
Productive agency with great potential for advancement
Adult Protection Services/Case Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2014
The agency had great partnerships and relationships within the community which is very important
Good place to work.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR, PROJECT STRIVE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: progressive
Cons: overworked
Met and supvised clinical staff and four programs. Plus served as Chairman of serval committees. Easy to work, easy to build professional relationships.
Great job
Elementary Program Leader (Former Employee), portland ORAugust 1, 2013
Pros: staff are great
Cons: leaving
Its a part-time job but its a great job. The kids are great its fun and you would love to come to work. The people you work with are awesome.
Job that cares
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: able to be creative on the job and get things done
Cons: working by yourself can get lonely
A typical day at work going over instructions for the day. Working with clients to help them achieve their treatment goals and objectives
Job was challenging but rewarding
Therapist / Case Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary limited
Conducted clinical and social services to adolescent clients in their home, school and the community to address mental health and child and parent relationship issues. I learned that unless I obtained cooperation from the parent that change within the child is very hard.
Great for an intermediate job or college students.
Classroom Facilitator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2013
This job allows you to manage your school work and is flexible with your schedule. The pay/ compensations and benefits aren't so great and in this position there isn't room to move up. However you can apply for another position within the company that offers a nice pay, benefits and room for promotion.
Very nice work environment.
Case manager/Home visitor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2013
Pros: good work environment. nice building.
Cons: productivty requirements
I do arrive and check my agenda for the day. I plan and conduct home visits or conduct socialization group. I do my progress notes and continue working on planning for next months events.
Business model creates environment of constant stress and burnout
Therapist (Former Employee), Western SuburbsMarch 1, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule. some good training.
Cons: constant turnover of clinicians. never ending paperwork. ongoing programatic changes. low pay.
Worked from morning to late evening delivering in-home services. Immediate supervisor was caring and dedicated. Company focus on business model of productivity, while giving only lip service to life balance and a healthy work environment. Professional and dedicated clinicians. Good training opportunities. The paperwork and pressure to meet ever increasing – more... and changing productivity demands never ended. Turnover was constant. – less
Service the Community
Support Staff (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Metropolitan is a leader in human services because they encourage and inspire thought leadership and innovation among staff. The successes we progressively experience are due to the outstanding talent and contributions.

Employees also benefit from Metropolitan's focus on progress and excellence. That commitment impacts everything we do including advancing – more... our infrastructure and processes. These ongoing improvements allow us to best provide programs and services that adapt to our client families? changing needs and challenges.

We look to staff as partners in our self-improvement process, helping identify and define Metropolitan's solutions through planning sessions that inform and influence the agency's multi-year strategic plans. – less
Great community based organization working in Chicago Communities
Family Self Sufficiency Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2012
Pros: working with great community partners
Cons: the politics
1. No two days are the same
2. Still learning the culture of MFS
3. Management is engaged with its workers
4. Hardest part of the job is finding creative ways to address
underemployment, undereducation, and social and economic
issues.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with educators,
community partners, Alderman, and faith based organizations.
Productive, fun educational place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2012
Pros: i work very independently and when i do work with the team it is very enjoyable and rewarding.
Cons: no benefits and not enough offered hours.
Typically I come in each day check with School administration and support staff to see if anything is needed by the school. I then proceed to office located at school and put together plans for the day. I also do clerical work as needed, filing, attendance, completeing various paperwork for the agency. I then get office ready to receive students as – more... they come in all day with various needs. At the end of the day I prepare for the multiple programs we oversee. – less
Income Support Specialist (Benefit Coordinator)
Income Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
Pros: i see alot of clients on a daily basic
Cons: trying to help them all
I am an Income Support Specialist who obtain benefits for clients who do not either know they are eligible for government benefits or don't know how to complete the paperwork to apply for government benefits. (example: Medicaid, Medicare, Unemployment, Social Security) this is what I do to help clients. I also help clients with finding clinics for those – more... who were going to mental health facilities that now need a place to obtain their medication. – less
This job provided a great opportunity for me to travel and learn new things with others other well established organizations.
Training Facilitator (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 4, 2012
Pros: job was community reated so you got the opportunity to interact with individuals in the community.
Cons: great benefits and oportunities to travel
Work was fun and the activites were awesome. I loved going to work as work provided such great stimulation that it was difficult to leave daily
School that ranged from pre-k to 8th grade
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2012
Typical day is that I started off with planning future events and field-trips. While doing this I learned Great communication skills I also learned how to work with the kids better because of my co workers being older than me. What I liked about this job is that I learned about different walks of life by the kids being so unique