Metropolitan Family Services Employee Reviews

Excellent learning opportunities
Policy Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Metropolitan Family Services (MFS) provides outstanding services to the most vulnerable populations in Chicago. My opportunities to work for this organization were excellent supplements to my education and allowed me to develop a greater understanding of the policy field and to what I wanted to dedicate my career. As with many nonprofits, MFS is often expected to do the most with the least and is not a workplace for employees who require micromanagement or supervisors who practice it. There is a significant quality of independence in each project and each department.
Healthy environment with lots of support
Intact Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Supportive environment that allows you to develop sound clinical skills during supervision. Variety in the types of treatment offered as well as the population served.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Distance from my house
nice place to work
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 15, 2017
opportunities for advancement. good place to work. Clients are fun to be around. Many areas to work in. Supervisors are helpful. days are busy and productive.
Productive Work Place
CDL (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2017
The job was an overall good job, offered good hours, at an okay pay. After 40 hours you did get benefits, The job didn't ask to much of me, practical requirements and minimal paper work.
Wonderful Experiece
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 11, 2017
First job that provide me with a fantastic mentor in the Social Worker and assisssted in my future roles in other social work venujed.
Pros
the awesome staff
Cons
none mentione
Great Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
The experience was great and I completed my internship here. I would love to go back and volunteer there. I love working for this agency it is a great place to work.
Terrible Leadership with unethical practices.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Metropolitan Family Services has a terrible executive leadership team that uses their job titles to bully their employees. Grievances that are filed are not properly investigated. There is alot of workload pressure. The agency fails to invest in succession planning, training and development, or staff recognition. The CEO is bias very unprofessional, corrupt, and unethical .
Pros
Direct Service staff making a difference within the communities.
Cons
The Executive Team members are unprofessional, unethical, and takes the credit for others hardwork. Finger pointing environment. Very Corrupt.
S many thumbs down
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
Being my first office job it was hard to keep up but also a fun learning experience. The management for CSR sucked, the staff was very antis-social, and the training was beyond intensive with all the wrong concepts. Hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2015
There is too many problems with management. They do have good benefits but that's about it. Some in management/administration don't have experience and are not willing to work with you to solve a problem. They get offended easily and are not professional. They don't have any work ethics and act childish.
Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Workplace was unorganized. Those who worked at this location for the Summer found themselves having to wait weeks before they were assigned to a work site. Staff also had issues paying the workers.
Family Services
Parent Child Educator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
This is a great place to work. Benefits are great and Metropolitan Family Services offer enough benefits to support work/ life balance.
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Case Manager II/Youth Futures Chicago (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy working for a company that believes in my accomplishments, and values the work we all do for young people.

I feel that the CEO at Metropolitan genuinely cares about us and what we do. I believe that he will continue to push this work with Juvenile Justice Involved Youth because he cares about them.
Very well organized and structured.
SUPERVISOR of Two Workforce Programs/Grants (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
This is a great organization with opportunities for advancement. The staff work very well together as a TEAM and assist colleagues when they are available.
Pros
Great managers and work-life balance.
Family
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Working with MFS was a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of being a non-hostile and calm work environment. Customer Satisfaction was a priority
Potentially Rewarding Job Loaded with Pitfalls
Academic Coach for the Upward Bound Program (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Leading classrooms full of the brightest of the Southside of Chicago. Some days are terrible and some are wonderful. Compensation is weak and management is extremely unorganized, although you are very involved, in control, and they are all kind and understanding. Super supportive work environment - but it has to be because the kids are usually so extremely difficult to deal with, let alone effectively teach. If you get through to students though they are extremely fun, sweet, personable, and bright.
I Love MFS!
Human Resources Assistant/ File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for! The staff and management are the best! I absolutely LOVE the HR department. They are so helpful.
Agency is a great place to work
Career Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
This agency is hard working and believe in supporting and helping their client population achieve their goals.The most important part of my job is helping my client know their worth..
AWFUL to NO support from supervisor and administration
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blue IslandFebruary 26, 2015
The clinical therapist positions are awful in this agency. The supervisor is not knowledgable so you have to look to other clinicians for support. She micromanages And is agressive. There is a HIGH turnover. I noticed that people don't last more then a year. I left as soon as I noticed these red flags. Communicated my concerns to administration they said they would look into it. Nothing was done. I later learned that others have communicated issues for years and nothing happened. This place is an unhealthy environment.
Pros
good programs for clients
Cons
No support from administration
Excellen Agency and establish Credibility in various communities
All Our Kids Early Childhood Network Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
I've been bless to work at MFS for 14 years and take pride in working here. This place has not only allow me to help and work with people from different cultures and background but also has allow me to grow and exercise the various talent that I have acquired thru the years.
Pros
All good
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day for me was dealing with paper work. I learned how communicate more with people and understand how everything works. My co-workers and management was great. There wasn't anything hard about my job and I enjoyed having lunch with my co-workers because we always got together like a family and talked about our day.
Pros
Worked with my school schedule.
Cons
There wasn't a con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Family Services Reviews by Location