Metropolitan Family Services Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at.
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
I had a great challenging experience working for Metropolitan Family Services as a Program Coordinator for one of the Chicago Public Schools, I enjoyed putting together educational programs for the students and the community. It was a challenging experience, which allowed me to network and grow professionally and gain more Educational knowledge from what I already knew.
Pros
Flexible
Overall a great place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2017
Metropolitan family services is a great place to work. Most of the time your not under any supervision, I think thats the best part. Working with the clients is also fun, not to overwhelming.
Pros
Pros No supervisor
Cons
pay
Fast paced job
School Activity Worker, part time (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I was hired as an after school activity worker which literally meant that I was hired as an after school teacher. I had to create daily lesson plans and was given a small budget for things that I needed for 'class'. Overall the experience was good.
Metropolitan provides wonderful services to the community.
Employment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2017
Great organization but there is no real training. The worst part of the job is meeting targets people become numbers. Also writing case notes suck there is so much paperwork. However not all Metropolitan work sites are the same. Take a tour of your actual work space before accepting an offer.
Pros
Celebrations
Cons
Clients become numbers
Great work enviourment to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
Must dress very well. Be professional and patient. Must drive. Don't be cliqueish. Stay focused on your projects......................................
Great place to work as a social worker
Adoption Preservation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
Very good an established social services agency, unfortunately because it is a nonprofit organization the compensation is not enough when you have a family to support.
Flexible with work hours
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
Fast paced and friendly environment. Flexible with work hours, good benefits, Paid time off and friendly management. Enjoy working with mentally ill patients.
Cons
low pay
Helping kid in the community
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2017
Loved meeting an helping kids in the community find and maintain jobs. Love keeping them off the streets of Chicago and doing something positive. Love the atmosphere we had with the children and the relationship I had with them.
Great 2nd Job
Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORJune 29, 2017
I worked for MEtropolitan Family Services for four year as a second job and it was awesome. Fit perfectly in my schedule and I got to pick what class I wanted to teach.
Subpar
Case Manager 2 / In Person Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2017
The work culture is not conducive to a happy and healthy employee. The management staff seems unorganized and truly unprofessional. A lot of the staff is uneducated.
Management is cool...
Mental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Management is cool. The shift to billing quotas and the level of paperwork made the job more stressful, but helping clients was the name of the game.
A typical day involved helping clients process their trauma, while promoting effective behavioral changes and linking clients to case management services.

My manager was really laid back. Most of the managers understand the stress of the job, and offer tons of support to staff.

The best part of the job was seeing clients make and maintain real behavioral changes.

The hardest part of was meeting the billing quotas. Being responsible for having X number of clients show up, so we can bill more hours was highly stressful.
Pros
Office is centrally located in a community where most clients live.
Cons
Home visits and billing quotas.
Never a boring day
Case Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
Worked with victims of domestic violence. Helped out clients within the court system to obtained a order of protection. Helped out victims to create a safety plan. Did home visits for elder abuse. If, had any questions or concerns I was always able to speak to my manager.
Pros
helping people
Cons
pay
Family Works Youth Specialist, CILA MHP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
The company is great for those with families and working toward improving their career advancement via educational opportunities. The job is rewarding when clients are aided in identifying and obtaining their goals.
Pros
education options to advance your career
Cons
culture of drama within the sites and racism within administrative leadership
It is a nice place to be
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
Metropolitan Family Services was a nice place to work just do what you have to do your assignment. Coworkers are nice and sometimes the bosses, on a whole I enjoy doing my job working with the clients that walked into the office.
Pros
The pros to this is getting clients to do what had to be done
Cons
Succeeding at the end
Great place to work for Social Service oriented individuals
Out of School Time Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
Metropolitan Family Services is a good place to work. Whereas I feel the need for change, position, not organization, I would like to remain there. I have had a pleasant experience in my 4 years with MFS.
Pros
Great people and staff
Cons
You may work with unappreciative clients
Wonderful non profit great collegues
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 2, 2017
Human service work speaks for its self without the community there would be 1/3 less of jobs out here.Learning from someone so skilled with a PHD wonderful
This job was wonderful, I loved it and everyone is professional.
Teacher's Aid (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2017
I worked with 3 year old children. They helped me learn more about interacting with children and prepared me for a different work world environment. This job also went along with my schedule.
Productive and engaing the community
Senior Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
You are able to network with the community as well as within the agency. Resources are provided to you so that you are able to provide the proper guidance to your clients.
Metropolitan Family Services
CAFÉ Program Activity Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2017
Typical day was in a middle school. I learned to come up with group activities and coordinate a fairly large group people. Management was great about teaching you. Workplace culture was partly helping with education time and part entertainment. Hardest part of the job was leaving. Most enjoyable part was the amazing kids and coworkers.
Pros
Being able to help and be a mentor
Cons
Very high amount leadership is required
Great Facility for children
Classroom Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
Children are very productive in learning and having fun in safe environment with other children. They eat three times daily and have time to play and sleep.