Metropolitan Family Services Employee Reviews

Very well organized and structured.
SUPERVISOR of Two Workforce Programs/Grants (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Great managers and work-life balance.
Cons: None
This is a great organization with opportunities for advancement. The staff work very well together as a TEAM and assist colleagues when they are available.
Family
Youth Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Working with MFS was a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of being a non-hostile and calm work environment. Customer Satisfaction was a priority
Potentially Rewarding Job Loaded with Pitfalls
Academic Coach for the Upward Bound Program (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Leading classrooms full of the brightest of the Southside of Chicago. Some days are terrible and some are wonderful. Compensation is weak and management is extremely unorganized, although you are very involved, in control, and they are all kind and understanding. Super supportive work environment - but it has to be because the kids are usually so extremely difficult to deal with, let alone effectively teach. If you get through to students though they are extremely fun, sweet, personable, and bright.
I Love MFS!
Human Resources Assistant/ File Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for! The staff and management are the best! I absolutely LOVE the HR department. They are so helpful.
Agency is a great place to work
Career Coach (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
This agency is hard working and believe in supporting and helping their client population achieve their goals.The most important part of my job is helping my client know their worth..
AWFUL to NO support from supervisor and administration
Counselor (Former Employee), Blue IslandFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good programs for clients
Cons: no support from administration
The clinical therapist positions are awful in this agency. The supervisor is not knowledgable so you have to look to other clinicians for support. She micromanages And is agressive. There is a HIGH turnover. I noticed that people don't last more then a year. I left as soon as I noticed these red flags. Communicated my concerns to administration they said they would look into it. Nothing was done. I later learned that others have communicated issues for years and nothing happened. This place is an unhealthy environment.
Excellen Agency and establish Credibility in various communities
All Our Kids Early Childhood Network Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: all good
I've been bless to work at MFS for 14 years and take pride in working here. This place has not only allow me to help and work with people from different cultures and background but also has allow me to grow and exercise the various talent that I have acquired thru the years.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: worked with my school schedule.
Cons: there wasn't a con
A typical day for me was dealing with paper work. I learned how communicate more with people and understand how everything works. My co-workers and management was great. There wasn't anything hard about my job and I enjoyed having lunch with my co-workers because we always got together like a family and talked about our day.
Excellent work place
Senior Office Support (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks
Interacting with diverse culture is a great learning experience.
its work
commuity service aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
Pros: no full time employment opportunity
nothing special about this place, only worked there part time, so have nothing really bad to say about them
Summer Job Program
Mentor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free transportation and lunch
Cons: short breaks and unorganized program
It was fun working with different people.
Sharing the same responsibilities as well
I learned to have patience with others
The hardest thing about my job was getting the youth to listen and take direction
A solid foundation that will outlast most agenices.
Site Director (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisAugust 3, 2014
Pros: representation for being where the people are in the community.
Cons: high employee turnover
A good place to work. They have been providing social services to low income families in Chicago for a long time. They will outlast their competition because of their longstanding in local communities. They have branched out to offer services to the suburbs too. They have a solid executive team.
difficult environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 27, 2014
Very hostile working environment, no real job growth. You had to travel in very dangerous neighborhoods.
Social Work Intern
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Skokie, ILMay 26, 2014
Experience providing individual and family therapy in various programs.
Productive work environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
Time management is a must with the job title and duties held.
Work Environment
Youth Engagement Specialist / Educator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Fast paced highly cultured work environment. Organization has great services ad serve a high client population. Although workers are very busy, they are very engaging and supportive of each other.
My job was meaningful and I really felt as though I was making a difference.
Out of School Time Worker (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: my job was susceptible to budget cuts which in turn effected my hours.
Metropolitan Family Services offers a challenging and rewarding work environment. I enjoyed the staff and the management.
Productive agency with great potential for advancement
Adult Protection Services/Case Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2014
The agency had great partnerships and relationships within the community which is very important
Good place to work.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR, PROJECT STRIVE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: progressive
Cons: overworked
Met and supvised clinical staff and four programs. Plus served as Chairman of serval committees. Easy to work, easy to build professional relationships.
Great job
Elementary Program Leader (Former Employee), portland ORAugust 1, 2013
Pros: staff are great
Cons: leaving
Its a part-time job but its a great job. The kids are great its fun and you would love to come to work. The people you work with are awesome.