Metropolitan Family Services Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible Leadership with unethical practices.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
Metropolitan Family Services has a terrible executive leadership team that uses their job titles to bully their employees. Grievances that are filed are not properly investigated. There is alot of workload pressure. The agency fails to invest in succession planning, training and development, or staff recognition. The CEO is bias very unprofessional, corrupt, and unethical .
Pros
Direct Service staff making a difference within the communities.
Cons
The Executive Team members are unprofessional, unethical, and takes the credit for others hardwork. Finger pointing environment. Very Corrupt.
S many thumbs down
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2015
Being my first office job it was hard to keep up but also a fun learning experience. The management for CSR sucked, the staff was very antis-social, and the training was beyond intensive with all the wrong concepts. Hated it!!!!!!!!!!!!
The most enjoyable part of my job.
Case Manager II/Youth Futures Chicago (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
I enjoy working for a company that believes in my accomplishments, and values the work we all do for young people.

I feel that the CEO at Metropolitan genuinely cares about us and what we do. I believe that he will continue to push this work with Juvenile Justice Involved Youth because he cares about them.
Potentially Rewarding Job Loaded with Pitfalls
Academic Coach for the Upward Bound Program (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2015
Leading classrooms full of the brightest of the Southside of Chicago. Some days are terrible and some are wonderful. Compensation is weak and management is extremely unorganized, although you are very involved, in control, and they are all kind and understanding. Super supportive work environment - but it has to be because the kids are usually so extremely difficult to deal with, let alone effectively teach. If you get through to students though they are extremely fun, sweet, personable, and bright.
Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Workplace was unorganized. Those who worked at this location for the Summer found themselves having to wait weeks before they were assigned to a work site. Staff also had issues paying the workers.
Very well organized and structured.
SUPERVISOR of Two Workforce Programs/Grants (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
This is a great organization with opportunities for advancement. The staff work very well together as a TEAM and assist colleagues when they are available.
Pros
Great managers and work-life balance.
Family Services
Parent Child Educator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
This is a great place to work. Benefits are great and Metropolitan Family Services offer enough benefits to support work/ life balance.
AWFUL to NO support from supervisor and administration
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blue IslandFebruary 26, 2015
The clinical therapist positions are awful in this agency. The supervisor is not knowledgable so you have to look to other clinicians for support. She micromanages And is agressive. There is a HIGH turnover. I noticed that people don't last more then a year. I left as soon as I noticed these red flags. Communicated my concerns to administration they said they would look into it. Nothing was done. I later learned that others have communicated issues for years and nothing happened. This place is an unhealthy environment.
Pros
good programs for clients
Cons
no support from administration
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day for me was dealing with paper work. I learned how communicate more with people and understand how everything works. My co-workers and management was great. There wasn't anything hard about my job and I enjoyed having lunch with my co-workers because we always got together like a family and talked about our day.
Pros
worked with my school schedule.
Cons
there wasn't a con
Excellen Agency and establish Credibility in various communities
All Our Kids Early Childhood Network Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
I've been bless to work at MFS for 14 years and take pride in working here. This place has not only allow me to help and work with people from different cultures and background but also has allow me to grow and exercise the various talent that I have acquired thru the years.
Pros
all good
Family
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
Working with MFS was a wonderful experience. I had the pleasure of being a non-hostile and calm work environment. Customer Satisfaction was a priority
A solid foundation that will outlast most agenices.
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisAugust 3, 2014
A good place to work. They have been providing social services to low income families in Chicago for a long time. They will outlast their competition because of their longstanding in local communities. They have branched out to offer services to the suburbs too. They have a solid executive team.
Pros
representation for being where the people are in the community.
Cons
high employee turnover
I Love MFS!
Human Resources Assistant/ File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for! The staff and management are the best! I absolutely LOVE the HR department. They are so helpful.
Agency is a great place to work
Career Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2015
This agency is hard working and believe in supporting and helping their client population achieve their goals.The most important part of my job is helping my client know their worth..
Business model creates environment of constant stress and burnout
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Western SuburbsMarch 1, 2013
Worked from morning to late evening delivering in-home services. Immediate supervisor was caring and dedicated. Company focus on business model of productivity, while giving only lip service to life balance and a healthy work environment. Professional and dedicated clinicians. Good training opportunities. The paperwork and pressure to meet ever increasing and changing productivity demands never ended. Turnover was constant.
Pros
flexible schedule. some good training.
Cons
constant turnover of clinicians. never ending paperwork. ongoing programatic changes. low pay.
Income Support Specialist (Benefit Coordinator)
Income Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
I am an Income Support Specialist who obtain benefits for clients who do not either know they are eligible for government benefits or don't know how to complete the paperwork to apply for government benefits. (example: Medicaid, Medicare, Unemployment, Social Security) this is what I do to help clients. I also help clients with finding clinics for those who were going to mental health facilities that now need a place to obtain their medication.
Pros
i see alot of clients on a daily basic
Cons
trying to help them all
Productive, fun educational place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2012
Typically I come in each day check with School administration and support staff to see if anything is needed by the school. I then proceed to office located at school and put together plans for the day. I also do clerical work as needed, filing, attendance, completeing various paperwork for the agency. I then get office ready to receive students as they come in all day with various needs. At the end of the day I prepare for the multiple programs we oversee.
Pros
i work very independently and when i do work with the team it is very enjoyable and rewarding.
Cons
no benefits and not enough offered hours.
Great community based organization working in Chicago Communities
Family Self Sufficiency Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2012
1. No two days are the same
2. Still learning the culture of MFS
3. Management is engaged with its workers
4. Hardest part of the job is finding creative ways to address
underemployment, undereducation, and social and economic
issues.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with educators,
community partners, Alderman, and faith based organizations.
Pros
working with great community partners
Cons
the politics
This job provided a great opportunity for me to travel and learn new things with others other well established organizations.
Training Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 4, 2012
Work was fun and the activites were awesome. I loved going to work as work provided such great stimulation that it was difficult to leave daily
Pros
job was community reated so you got the opportunity to interact with individuals in the community.
Cons
great benefits and oportunities to travel
Service the Community
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Metropolitan is a leader in human services because they encourage and inspire thought leadership and innovation among staff. The successes we progressively experience are due to the outstanding talent and contributions.

Employees also benefit from Metropolitan's focus on progress and excellence. That commitment impacts everything we do including advancing our infrastructure and processes. These ongoing improvements allow us to best provide programs and services that adapt to our client families? changing needs and challenges.

We look to staff as partners in our self-improvement process, helping identify and define Metropolitan's solutions through planning sessions that inform and influence the agency's multi-year strategic plans.

Metropolitan Family Services Reviews by Location