Working out of our office in Washington, D.C., the Senior Communication Director will develop, implement and evaluate the impact of powerful social marketing, public will building and other strategic communication strategies designed to advance positive, sustainable social change.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Design, implement and evaluate the full range of strategic communication strategies and tactics, including: public will building; social marketing; public and media relations; brand platform and creative development; issue framing and message development; brand and mission promotion; reputation and issues management; audience and grassroots engagement, etc.
- Provide clear, credible and effective counsel to clients on the application of strategic communication strategies to accomplish their objectives.
- Deliver, and supervise the delivery of, high-quality strategic communication strategies and products.
- Conduct marketing and communication program audits to assess an organization’s capacity and impact through: executive interviews, facilitated group discussions and focus groups, marketing materials reviews, news audits to examine the extent to which the client’s message is being reflected in earned media coverage, and other research methods.
- Plan and execute national, regional, and local media relations efforts, providing clients with counsel on gaining earned media coverage. Research and write media materials, including briefing papers and talking points, news releases, backgrounders, etc.
- Write a wide range of communication materials, including brochure and collateral copy, annual reports, speeches, message memos, web site content, etc. Ability to work in multiple languages is a plus.
- Train client staff, board and volunteers in communication techniques.
- Provide account and project management services to clients, including maintaining overall client relationships, providing oversight for project teams, ensuring completion of deliverables and responsibly managing program budgets.
- Market Metropolitan Group services, including preparation and presentation of proposals and statements of qualifications, and attending new business development meetings and client interviews, etc.
- Provide supervision to associates and assistants on projects under your management.
- Participate in strategic planning for the overall well being of the company.
- Serve as a member of the MG team, providing ideas and input on strategic and creative challenges, assisting with project implementation, supporting internal projects and fulfilling other duties necessary for the success of the organization.
- Minimum of seven years direct experience in the use of communication strategies to advance positive social change, with experience in serving multicultural communities preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in the full range of strategic communication strategies, including public will building and social marketing, media and public relations, issue framing and message development.
- Consulting expertise (agency experience preferred).
- Excellent persuasive and inspirational verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated and consistent project and budget management experience.
- Proven ability to identify, cultivate and develop new business opportunities.
- Upbeat, creative and professional demeanor.
- Provide high quality, professional consulting services and expertise to clients while harnessing the talents of the team.
- Ability to be a team player and practice team-oriented problem solving.
- Strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Professional workload of 40 hours per week, as well as any additional time necessary dependent on client deadlines and internal projects.
8:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., unless otherwise approved.
Negotiable depending on experience, and commensurate with company salary structure.
- Employer-paid medical/vision insurance on first of the month following employment.
- Dental insurance paid at 50 percent by employer on first of the month following employment.
- Life and long-term disability insurance plans available on first of the month following employment.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year and one additional day per year accrued up to a total of 20 days, plus one spiritual day of your choice.
- Five days sick leave available per year, accruable up to 20 days.
- MG paid holidays off: New Year’s Day, MLK Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- Transportation allowance.
- MG to reimburse for work related expenses (mileage at IRS rate).
- 401k Retirement plan. You will become eligible to participate in this program on the first day of the calendar quarter, six months from your date of employment. As a member of the plan you will be able to defer up to the maximum allowable personal contributions as well as be eligible for a guaranteed three percent contribution by employer of all salary earned while a participant.
- One month (30 days) paid sabbatical eligibility after seven years of continuous employment.
- Professional development program.
- Charitable contribution-match up to $100 per year.
- Incentive and bonus plan.
After 90-day trial period, annual formal review, periodic/informal reviews and “check-ins” as needed or requested by either party.
Professional office attire, as appropriate
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 22 months ago
About Metropolitan Group
Founded in 1989, Metropolitan Group is a full-service social change agency that works exclusively with public...