Metropolitan Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant Internship
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
I was their to gain my experience as a Medical Assistant. A typical day at Metropolitan Hospital is that it was always busy because of the different kind of situation that you are face with. The work place culture was mixed because of where the hospital is located and the different culture of patients you see every day. the hardest part of the day is when you have a lot of people waiting to be treated. It's nice when you know that you did your job.
Working with the patients
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
Metropolitan Hospital is a very crazy place but because of the staff we have, they pretty much keep everything in order. you have to be a fast learner but most of all have patience, management is okay could be better but they are reasonable at times. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people because some of them come in with bad attitude ready to stir something up.The best part of the job is being able to help others that's really in need and when they appreciate all the things you did to assist but most of all working what the employees as a team.
community hospital in the heart of NYC
Associate Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
This is a small community hospital in a big city. Close knit staff and loyal patients. sometimes slow to adopt change. Part of a larger health care system. Staff tend to stay a long time but salary is not as competitive as it could be.
Not a fair work place
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2017
Metropolitain Hospital is not a team working place, don't treat everybody the same is always favoritism. The amount of work I do does not add up to the pay rate.
Cons
Not a fair work place
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
Metropolitan is a great hospital that helps its patients grow and thrive in their health. Majority of their patients have been coming to Metropolitan their whole lives.
metro oh yes
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10029March 5, 2017
metro gives you opportunity to learn about your choosen profession specially nursing. the staffs are friendly and accommodating. i have fun working in this institution.
Productive, busy and demanding work place
Medical Technologist- Blood Bank (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
I learned a lot from the working for metropolitan hospital center. It has taught me time management, attention to detail, and how to work well with others. A typical day at work is that I would start off by checking the temperatures. I would then start up the machines and calibrate them. I would then run test on blood specimens so that the doctors can perform transfusions for their patients.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons
hours were hard. I had to do double shifts frequently.
Great place to get your career started
Healthcare Program Planner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2016
Metropolitan Hospital is place filled with possible opportunities and future advancements. great people and great service.
Comprehensive, patient-centered health care facility with mission
Health System Pharmacist Level 2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2016
Typical day at work is stressful, but productive and management is strict, but very organized to have smooth workflow.
Co-workers are helping each other and the most hardest part of the job is taking time off when you need, and enjoyed inter-departmental communication for patient care
Pros
Learning all aspects of pharmacy work
Cons
short staff most of time
Assist supervisor with scheduling appointments (Sorian program)
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Assist supervisor with scheduling appointment and Interact with patients in a respectful and culturally sensitive manner

Want to know more about Metropolitan Hospital Center?

Ask a question
Blood Bank Midnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
workload is light management is flexible and people are wonderful. Best part of the job is autonomy. I would recommend people to stay and work here.
Excellent Job Experience
ASSISTANT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 2, 2016
I was not able to relocate at the time with my employers and so I had to resign. I had one of my best experience working with an individual client. I learned a lot about autism and gained a lot of respect from my employers as well as the organization I was assigned to. I love mental health and the roles I play while delivering quality service and care.
Productive and fun workplace
ER Nurse Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
I learned a lot at Metropolitan Hospital. The staff nurses taught me a lot especially on how to handle a patient. They allow me to do vital signs, some assessments and some procedures to their patients.
Best work environment
RRT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Best place that I have been working since so far in Respiratory therapy in NYC.
Best environment , best people, and best Director.

Overall, The best of the best !!!
Productive, fun, challenging and rewarding
Clerk Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working there because I had the experience to interact with a diversity of patients with different personality. It was gratifying to help and assist those in needs.
Pros
being able to interact, serve and care for people
Cons
temporary employees are never hired. I was there for a few years with no benefits
fun and productive
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2015
a typical day i just organize the room making sure everything is clean for patients. Do the census and making sure the nurse give us the ok for patients who can go to the playroom

What i learn its not always fun and games in the playroom. yes i can at time have fun with the patients but i also have to be ready when it comes to safety and the well being of the patients

the people i work with are fun to work with i don't have any problems with them since i'm close to there age

The hardest part of the job would be when our room is filled with patients while there's only 2 of us keeping a watch but even so its a good challenge at times
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction i have with the patients.It's a playroom a place for the patients not to worry about tests and not feel like they are locked up in there room
Pros
free lunches, fun experiences with young volunteer, patient and people i work with
Cons
My boss work me abit too much. most of the time its just me doing all the work
A hospital and medical staff with a mission to serve!
CAO/COO- PAGNY @ Metropolitan Hospital (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2015
Great safety net public hospital with a caring staff. Very find physician staff that provide quality care to people in need.
Excelent Hospital
Vascular Technician (Temporary Work) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2015
Nice Hospital and a good Team.
with excellent benefit.
Pros
They're very well managed. Opportunities to learn all aspects of the hospital.
Pay for your education, good experience that will prepare you for future jobs.
Good nursing experience
Radiological Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2015
I gained a lot of new skills working at Metropolitan Hospital Center,
learned many procedures, participated in emergency situations. I received a great experience as a nurse working in that facility.
Rewarding work with the satisfaction of knowing people in need were being helped everyday.
Behavioral Health Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
I took care of patients with mental illnesses inside of an inpatient psychiatry unit. Through teamwork with Social Workers, Doctors, and Nurses we created a therapeutic environment to facilitate safe discharge of patients based on their individual needs. My responsibilities included writing daily reviews of patients behavior and any changes thereof, as well as conducting group therapy sessions. I also was responsible for doing rounds every 15 minutes to ensure the location and safety of our inpatients.I learned much about different mental illnesses I was never aware of before, I learned how to take advice and criticism from management such as my head nurse and unit Chief Doctor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients while they had emotional and physical outbursts with other patients as well as myself and my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our hard work pay off and patients activities of daily living return to normal and seeing them safely discharged home or to an assisted living facility and knowing that we helped them achieve this goal.
Pros
having two weekends off every month, as well as the fact I knew I was helping people in need, Another Pro was having comfortable lounges for breaks and employee celebrations
Cons
When patients would quickly return after being discharged, despite the hard work our team had done to get them back on track