Metropolitan Hospital Center

Metropolitan Hospital Center Employee Reviews

Good nursing experience
Radiological Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 13, 2015
I gained a lot of new skills working at Metropolitan Hospital Center,
learned many procedures, participated in emergency situations. I received a great experience as a nurse working in that facility.
Rewarding work with the satisfaction of knowing people in need were being helped everyday.
Behavioral Health Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: having two weekends off every month, as well as the fact i knew i was helping people in need, another pro was having comfortable lounges for breaks and employee celebrations
Cons: when patients would quickly return after being discharged, despite the hard work our team had done to get them back on track
I took care of patients with mental illnesses inside of an inpatient psychiatry unit. Through teamwork with Social Workers, Doctors, and Nurses we created a therapeutic environment to facilitate safe discharge of patients based on their individual needs. My responsibilities included writing daily reviews of patients behavior and any changes thereof, as well as conducting group therapy sessions. I also was responsible for doing rounds every 15 minutes to ensure the location and safety of our inpatients.I learned much about different mental illnesses I was never aware of before, I learned how to take advice and criticism from management such as my head nurse and unit Chief Doctor. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients while they had emotional and physical outbursts with other patients as well as myself and my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our hard work pay off and patients activities of daily living return to normal and seeing them safely discharged home or to an assisted living facility and knowing that we helped them achieve this goal.
Intern in the OB/GYN Department
Intern in Obstetrics/Gynecology Department (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
I learned a lot about the ins and outs of hospital life. There are a lot of strict procedures to be followed. Very unpredictable.
Diverse and extremely busy enviorment
Clerical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
A friendly enviornment
Team work
Hardest part of the job is being exposed to many sick people and having no insurance working for a temp. agency
Productive and fast work place
Clerical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
A typical day at work would be registering and admitting patients. The hardest part of the job is to find the patients because sometimes they're not at the location indicated to us employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing a thank you from a patient that I have helped.
Nice and fun i really love working there.
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST II (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 19, 2013
its good this is a gov't hospital and i'm enjoying with my stay there.
photographic & audio visual media opportunity position
Public Relations Photographer/ Media Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good neighborhood, self contained facility-no need to leave premise.
Cons: too many politcal camps that didn't want to work together. always threatening layoffs.
Preparing conference rooms for presentation and setting up audio visuals. Checking equipments for leasing out to staff. I learned how to be neutral in the midst of office politics. I learned how to work around other people that were not happy. Management did all it could to support my efforts. Co-workers were not team players. I had ideas that didn't happen because others did not want them to succeed.
Best part of job was I developed some photography skills and interfaced with all departments.
Very Friendly, Approachable and Caring Staff
Volunteer RN (Emergency Department) (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: staffs are willing to share information in providing care and how procedures are to be done.
Based on my experience and people I have met. Would gladly want to be a part of their Nursing Staff and work for this hospital.
Excellent place to work.
Assistant Director (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
I like that my coworkers make a great team and it feels like a family as we work together. I appreciate the open mind to new changes.

It is a true team environment without micromanagement or loss of autonomy throughout.
fun work place
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
i learned how to utilized Quadra Med to abstract patient’s demographics.
Collaborated on special project on Consents.
Collaborated on a project on National Patient Safety Goals.
Worked on a surgical verification project in operating room.
Participation in Breakthrough.
Good work place
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: lunches
Cons: healthcare
In my job we all gets along, we have fun. The most hardest part of work is transport a patients that are heavy. Sad part is taking bodies down to the morgue.
I love my job.

I was a Supervisor for a year.
Staff is great
Coordinating Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2013
Overall an ok place to work. The management needs to listen to the staff in some departments
Protect and Serve; Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect
Special Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2013
Cons: stepping stone
Learning experience everyday. A stepping stone. Unnecessary Mandates. Helping others.
Exciting place to work. Meet people of all diversities.
Principal Admin Assoc II (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: healthcare, benefits and advancements
Cons: all permanet positions require certifications
Working within a healthcare institution is always rewarding in itself.

The support and encouragement Management offers to its employee is more then one would imagin. There's alway opportnities to learn new skills, whether hand-on or within a training program and well worth the effort for advancements.

There's always a opporrtunity to learn about the various cultural serviced within the community.

The hardest part of working within this institution is saying to by to co-workers while advancing in position and/or career move.

I would work here anytime, time and time again.
uncertain funding for a government sponsored hospital
Associate Director Clinical Services HIV Medicine (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2012
work environment is friendly and colleagial. Productivity is hampered by funding cuts on a regular basis.
A Day at Metropolitan
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2012
This was an Internship that I did with a Program. The children who came in day to day, I enjoyed helping and playing with them. A bad morning tuned into a Wonderful working with the children.
Behavioral Health Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 28, 2012
Cons: breaks
Healthy environment for patients, a good place for behavioral health staff
My work day
Clerical Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: the dynamic of meeting different people from different cultures.
Cons: the atmosphere
My day usually has a large workload and find a large workload gets me threw my day. I have some co -workers which from time to time will assist me in my workload. The hardest part of my job is knowing everything is consistant there is not element of surprise and knowing there is no room for growth.
Excellent supervision
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2012
Pros: excellent training and supervision
Cons: unrealistic expectations for discharge planning for patients
Provided excellent training and significant opportunities to increase knowledge of helping profession.
Worked with a great team of individuals.
Clerical Associate II (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 23, 2012
Our department worked together to get things done, everyone got along, and its was a great place to work.