Metropolitan Library System Employee Reviews

Hopefully a new CEO will be just what this system needs.
Library Aide / Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKOctober 29, 2017
Top heavy management with constant restlessness for change that interfered with any hope of efficiency or progress. Just before I left the CEO was fired.
Good Place Could Be Better
Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2017
I love my job working for the metropolitan library system isn't like working any other place I've ever worked. I just wish management gave employees fair opportunities for advancement instead of picking their personal favorites, as well as treating all branches the same.
Pros
Always room for growth if you can get in, good starting wage with opportunity for pay increase, paid holidays, good benefits
Cons
Management chooses who they want for advancement regardless
Challenging and fun
Materials Selection Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2017
Material selections for the Metropolitan library system was very challenging but fun. The people and the environment are second to none. Greatly value my time there and would recommend this employer to anyone.
Fun/Relaxed Place to Work With Lots of Learning Potential
Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2017
Working for the Metropolitan Library System has been an amazing experience that I wouldn't change for anything. You will work with people that will become like family to you and the work environment is relaxed and fun. You will learn invaluable customer service skills that you will use for the rest of your life to help advance in your career path.
Pros
Easy/Flexible Schedule, Great people to work with, valuable customer service skills
Cons
Not much room for advancement if you don't have a college degree, really long response time for applicants
The library is a wonderful place
ASSOCIATE LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OK 73110May 6, 2017
Loved working at the library. Love the structure, love the books, love the community feeling of people coming together and sharing ideas and materials.
It is a typical library environment.
Library Aide (Current Employee) –  Bethany, OK 73008October 5, 2016
A typical day at work is shelving books, shelf reading, checking E-mail, cleaning shelves, setting up meeting room, providing exceptional customer service.
Pros
job schedule
Cons
I was told there will be no more raises for anyone, no chance for advancement
Fun place to work, co-workers were great.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2016
Everyday I sorted through the books that were returned the day before. I had certain books on my selves that I shelved everyday. This took up most of my time. I learned much about how the library worked. My co-workers were support of each other when some-one got behind at shelving their books. The hardest part of the job was the wear and tear on my hands from shelving so many books. The most enjoyable part of the job is the exposure to all new books and other material.
Wonderful environment
public computer specialist (Current Employee) –  Southern OaksJuly 14, 2015
If I could work here full time, I would. Wonderful Manager and crew and the public is delightful to work with. They have great training and benefits.
Cultural and fun place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 29, 2015
That was a very enthusiastic job.
As a coordinator of dancing and art class for the after school children's program at library help me to improved the skills of speak English language, be responsible and personable person with the ability to speak many languages and benefit from exposure to many different cultures.
The environment of library was safe and comfortable.
The most enjoyable part of job was to see the children smiling and participating of the activities.
Pros
the Library always support the classes with water and snacks for children.
Cons
there was no down sides
i look talking and i am a person that likes to learn just everything there is
no (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma cityMay 8, 2014
i am very kind and not easy to get me mad and wkrking woth kids would be a very fun opperuntiiy
Progressive and Innovative Workplace
LIBRARIAN / LIBRARIAN SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityJanuary 6, 2013
Constantly seeking to improve themselves and their services, MLIS is reflective of the best of its broad and diverse community base.
clean bldg.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJune 3, 2012
the manager, only cared about . Himself know body else.
the day was always. Get the job done fast.
if you were a female you got promotated
Pros
good benft.s. free lunches.