Metropolitan Market Employee Reviews

A good place to work and very friendly.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy working Metropolitan Market. I find working there very enjoyable and rewarding. Although I would like to be challenged more.
Pros
Very close to where I live, good people and in a good location.
Cons
To expensive.
Great if you're experienced in grocery
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 28, 2014
I worked at the Queen Anne store for 3 weeks and went back to work retail at a drug store that I left to work at Metropolitan Market. Management was very uppity and the majority of seasoned grocery employees were very unfriendly and didn't help at all. Very few were helpful. Those nice ones I still talk to them when I see them.
Cons
stuffy managment
Fun and educational
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WashingtonMarch 19, 2014
A fun environment, with a lot of fun people.

I have learned a lot in the 10 years. How to interview/hire, coaching/counceling. Run a business.

The people, are amazing. A great team to work with.

overall, the job was great! I was educated, not only on food, but, business as well.
Upscale Grocery
Market Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 26, 2013
Good place to work nights, great inventory and fun co-workers.
Great food!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 2, 2013
Busy upscale market.
IT's been a long time since I have worked there, and things change quickly in a grocery store,.
fun/tough workplace
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2013
Pretty much we have to help customers obviously. There are some management issues going on at every location but there are couple locations that you have to make the store director happy in order not to get in trouble for little stuff like late or punch in early for a minute. Some store directors would not listen to their employees and some managers act like a child. However, there are some good managers store managers in the company and I would work for them without any hesitation. Co-workers are really nice and they are willing to help the new employees. The hardest part of the job is to deal with some store directors with ridiculous demands. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make customers happy and get to know the regulars.
Pros
secured job, flexible schedule
Cons
management, training
Cheerful happy place to work
Asst. bakery manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma waMay 31, 2012
Fast paced work , open and set up bakery ,I learned how to really manage diffrent personalitys ,the hardest part of working at the met was trying to unload supplys and help customers in such a fast stressful store. The most enjoyable part is the great cuctomer you have ,you really get to know your regulars....
Iam a true foodie , upsale store with all kinds of goodies.
Pros
hours of work
Cons
holidays ...its very crazy at the met .....
Productive, Fun work place
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland,WAApril 8, 2012
Went to work everyday and stocked produce shelves as well as assisted any customers that needed help. My co workers were all fun and up beat. The hardest part of my job was how repetitive the job was.