Metropolitan Medical Laboratory Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Poking people with needles and having them say thank you
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 22, 2016
It was a stepping stone job while I went back to school at night. Management tended to play favorites. co-workers normally got along great until one of the favorites wasn't getting their way.
Pros
near enough to a comic shop that I could go on my lunch break and pick up my books
Cons
management played favorates and there were unjust decisions made as a result.
Stuck in the past
med lab tech (Former Employee) –  all sitesOctober 7, 2014
Equipment and technical aspects are good, otherwise short staffed underpaid and overworked sums it up, The information system software is from the 80.s and needs to be replaced. As far as benefits go, health insurance is a 60/40 plan with no Rx coverage, and rather embarrassing for a health care provider. Time off policy is rather poor as well. Everyone is scheduled for every other weekend and half of the holidays so you don't have much of a life Management is invisible except for email communication. It seems that all HR and management thinking is stuck in a time warp from 50 years ago. It's no wonder staff morale is in the toilet and turnover high. Most of my co-workers were great.
Pros
good equioment
Cons
low salaries poor benfits and archaic management thinking
Management does not listen to ideas of improvement.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 27, 2012
I observed that the management has been with this company for so many years and they are so comfortable with the way things are; they are truely afraid of change. The computer systems are outdated and do not interchange with other systems. I hope for their success in this new technical age.
Pros
predictable
Cons
outdated, scared of change, management does not listen with open mind.
Rewarding Job
Phelbotomist / Multi Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 3, 2015
While working here I found I loved working with the geriatric patients at the nursing homes. Didn't matter what time you came in to draw their blood most were just happy to see ya.
Pros
shift differental
Cons
no major cons to this
Productive and the workforce
Pathology/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 25, 2012
It was a very fast paced company that was always busy. the management was very nice and willing to help you if you needed help. the hardest part of the job was if you were in the office together and you had the phones ringing nonstop and the doctors wanting stuff brought up to them. loved the people i worked with.
Checking out other job possibilities
Insurance Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  1814 E Locust St Davenport, IA 52803September 13, 2012
My employment at Metro Lab has been interesting. I work with patients on the telephone all day. Between calls I review patient accounts to get paid by the insurance companies - either by review letters and or telephone calls to the companies. I work 4 - 10 hour days, where the time goes by quickly. My co-workers are very supportive of my work and they count on me to get the patient accounts paid. My knowledge about insurance has made my job pleasant, with the occasional pat on the back - job well done.
Pros
the hours are great-early am peacefull.
Cons
days when patient calls are heavy - or very angry patients
NOt the best place to work
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 16, 2014
Process lab specimens. Draw lab specimens. Monitor specimen report.
Cons
hours, management
Very good company to work for. I learned alot from the pathologist.
Phlebotomist / Client Service (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILFebruary 20, 2013
Collected patient imformation for inpatient and outpatients. I was also a phlebotomist for inpatients at the hospital. I work very well with all of my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Medical Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8