Metropolitan Medical Laboratory

Metropolitan Medical Laboratory Employer Reviews

NOt the best place to work
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 16, 2014
Cons: hours, management
Process lab specimens. Draw lab specimens. Monitor specimen report.
Very good company to work for. I learned alot from the pathologist.
Phlebotomist / Client Service (Former Employee), Moline, ILFebruary 20, 2013
Collected patient imformation for inpatient and outpatients. I was also a phlebotomist for inpatients at the hospital. I work very well with all of my co-workers.
Productive and the workforce
Pathology/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Moline, ILNovember 25, 2012
It was a very fast paced company that was always busy. the management was very nice and willing to help you if you needed help. the hardest part of the job was if you were in the office together and you had the phones ringing nonstop and the doctors wanting stuff brought up to them. loved the people i worked with.
Checking out other job possibilities
Insurance Claim Specialist (Current Employee), 1814 E Locust St Davenport, IA 52803September 13, 2012
Pros: the hours are great-early am peacefull.
Cons: days when patient calls are heavy - or very angry patients
My employment at Metro Lab has been interesting. I work with patients on the telephone all day. Between calls I review patient accounts to get paid by the insurance companies - either by review letters and or telephone calls to the companies. I work 4 - 10 hour days, where the time goes by quickly. My co-workers are very supportive of my work and they – more... count on me to get the patient accounts paid. My knowledge about insurance has made my job pleasant, with the occasional pat on the back - job well done. – less
Management does not listen to ideas of improvement.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: predictable
Cons: outdated, scared of change, management does not listen with open mind.
I observed that the management has been with this company for so many years and they are so comfortable with the way things are; they are truely afraid of change. The computer systems are outdated and do not interchange with other systems. I hope for their success in this new technical age.