Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Very Fast
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2017
I absolutely loved the nurses and PCA'S I worked with. Can't say too much about management since I always worked nights. It is a very busy hospital and a good learning environment because you see everything.
Pros
Fellow Staff
Cons
busy
Very demanding job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2017
Management tended to micromanage an understaffed housekeeping team. Nurses were understaffed which forced housekeeping to pick up some of the staff. They did not allow me to carry snacks on my cart nor did they allow me time to go get something when my diabetes sugars were low.
Cons
Couldn't use the benefits I paid for, Micromanaging and understaffed .
Productive and rewarding experience
Cardiovascular Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at Methodist was quite productive and fruitful. Beginning with a review of the daily needs, leading into educational rounds, in-services on evidence-based practice and process improvement, meeting with other key members in healthcare and attending committees to decipher educational and/or regulatory compliance needs, as well as monitor outcomes, each day ended in a rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Management rounds were completed daily in an effort to support leadership as well as staff and also to promote patient perception of quality care.
Colleagues were compassionate and supportive team players.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that not all can be receptive to educational and/or regulatory compliance needs at all times, however, the best part of the job was (and will always be) knowing that I can and do make a difference when I "let go and let God" guide me on a daily basis.
team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
Had a great nurse manager that stood up for her NICU team. I loved the team I work with. Was a great group of people that worked very well together. Our unit got along well with L&D it was a huge team effort and we always got the job done as a team.
Pros
great team
Cons
down town san antonio
Great Team to Work With!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2016
Fast paced med/surg unit, but the teamwork between staff is top notch. I learned a lot in my 18 months there. The charge nurses were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Excellent RN residency program
Cons
No 24 hour cafeteria
Was there 11 years...
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  SAN AntoniNovember 23, 2016
Excellent organization. Greatest Director in Alice Ruiz RN. Greatest Manager in Susan Soulek RN. Well run organization with excellent staff retention.
Pros
Excellent family environment
Cons
None, really
flexible work schedule
Registered Nurse-Cardiovascular Transitional Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2016
I made the mistake of working Friday, Saturday and Sunday night shifts each week. It was my second nursing job and I couldn't handle consecutive night shifts like this on a busy telemetry floor with a high patient to nurse ratio. I learned my limitations regarding requiring sleep, how many patients I can manage, and how to manage functioning with short-staffing.
Pros
learned to manage high stress well
Cons
low staffing
A challenging and rewarding experience
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2016
I enjoyed the positive experience of working with a supportive team and learning new skills. The environment is fast paced and extremely rewarding.
Pros
Supportive management and co-workers.
Horribly Managed
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
This hospital was a great learning experience. It was my first fast paced job in the clinical setting. It was very unorganized. I learned the flow of the hospital as I worked there.
I very much enjoyed my department and staff.
Administrative Assistant for Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  AncillaryJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I interacted with vendors, staff, patients and students from other educational institutions. The healthcare environment is changing rapidly and so are the federal government rules. Benefits were satisfactory and my department was flexible when i requested time off or scheduled my vacation days. I learned alot on the job. There were always opportunity to learn new facets of the healthcare industry which i enjoyed. Unfortunately, my work relationship was strained at times. This was due to the changing environment of healthcare.
Pros
Vendors would bring in lunches all year round which saved me lunch money.
Cons
Some departments had alot of morale sessions and our department did not.
Good place to work, co-workers are good people
Manager Dietary Food and Nutrtion (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
I have been here over 8 years and was a Methodist employee. Currently I am still here just under a contract company (Sodexo). I have been working for Sodexo for about 5 months. I am the OPS Manager and oversee the whole department of around 50 employees. I manage retail, kitchen and patient room service. The hardest part of my job is having to take on added
Teamwork
Postpartum Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Floors are busy. Great co-workers! Enjoy working with this great group of nurses. Teamwork is key among staff. Steady and constant workload.
This Job Isn't For Everyone
Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
All you pretty much do for 12 hours is sit behind a computer and register patients. When you are not doing that, you act as the information booth as well. There is not much excitement within and it can often get boring doing the same thing over and over. Some members of management are good, others act like they don't care about anything other than the numbers. The hospital environment is often filled with adults who act like children, and management just expects you to deal with it. Problem solving is an issue both for management and employees. Managers do not handle things efficiently or effectively. The hardest part of the job is having to walk on pins and needles along with the constant stress and pressure from management. There is not much room for advancement within the company either. The perks of the job are 12 hour days so you essentially get a 3 day weekend, the overtime hours are great, you get one hour lunches, and you get lots of interaction with others. The job is great if you enjoy this kind of work and working environment. If you want to advance, or the medical field just isn't for you, it can get old pretty fast.
Pros
12 hr shifts, 1 hr lunches, discounts in the cafe, working with patients
Cons
management, working environment, dirty
productive and fun place to work
patient care assistant, unit clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2015
the staff there works as a team to not only take care of the patients but each other. ive learned alot there especially because im going to nursing school... and also improved my customer service
great place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  san antonio,txJuly 16, 2015
My days there were very busy. I learned how to read a Dr writing lol. My co-workers were great and hard working. Hardest part of my job were to see so many sick people. Best part is when they got well and were able to go home to there families.
False Advertisement
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2015
Very hectic, over worked and under paid. from day one co- workers tell the stories of the heavy over turn of employees.Managment doesn't get involved rather write you up then help you as a manager should.
Great place for New Graduate RN's
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2015
closely monitored environment by various leaders rounding on
nurses. Not a place where autonomy is encouraged. Extra shifts are
easily obtained. You are free to set your schedules as long as it's done in advance.
Great Management Team
MT/ UC/ CCT/ PCA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Excellent people to work with and great work environment. At times it is very busy and at others we occupy ourselves by organizing the unit and brainstorming about how to give better patient care.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Older facility
knowledge
Intermediate Intensive Care Unit - Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2015
Metropolitan Methodist is fun, fast paced, challenging place to work for. I have learned a lot and have built upon my critical nursing skills.
Worst place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  1310 McCulloughMarch 20, 2015
Under payed and over worked. Management is so rude they don't care. Lots and lots of work for not enough pay most of the nurses want to quit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location