Metropolitan Methodist Hospital

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Teamwork
Postpartum Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Floors are busy. Great co-workers! Enjoy working with this great group of nurses. Teamwork is key among staff. Steady and constant workload.
This Job Isn't For Everyone
Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
All you pretty much do for 12 hours is sit behind a computer and register patients. When you are not doing that, you act as the information booth as well. There is not much excitement within and it can often get boring doing the same thing over and over. Some members of management are good, others act like they don't care about anything other than the numbers. The hospital environment is often filled with adults who act like children, and management just expects you to deal with it. Problem solving is an issue both for management and employees. Managers do not handle things efficiently or effectively. The hardest part of the job is having to walk on pins and needles along with the constant stress and pressure from management. There is not much room for advancement within the company either. The perks of the job are 12 hour days so you essentially get a 3 day weekend, the overtime hours are great, you get one hour lunches, and you get lots of interaction with others. The job is great if you enjoy this kind of work and working environment. If you want to advance, or the medical field just isn't for you, it can get old pretty fast.
Pros
12 hr shifts, 1 hr lunches, discounts in the cafe, working with patients
Cons
management, working environment, dirty
productive and fun place to work
patient care assistant, unit clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2015
the staff there works as a team to not only take care of the patients but each other. ive learned alot there especially because im going to nursing school... and also improved my customer service
great place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  san antonio,txJuly 16, 2015
My days there were very busy. I learned how to read a Dr writing lol. My co-workers were great and hard working. Hardest part of my job were to see so many sick people. Best part is when they got well and were able to go home to there families.
False Advertisement
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2015
Very hectic, over worked and under paid. from day one co- workers tell the stories of the heavy over turn of employees.Managment doesn't get involved rather write you up then help you as a manager should.
Great place for New Graduate RN's
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2015
closely monitored environment by various leaders rounding on
nurses. Not a place where autonomy is encouraged. Extra shifts are
easily obtained. You are free to set your schedules as long as it's done in advance.
Great Management Team
MT/ UC/ CCT/ PCA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Excellent people to work with and great work environment. At times it is very busy and at others we occupy ourselves by organizing the unit and brainstorming about how to give better patient care.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Older facility
knowledge
Intermediate Intensive Care Unit - Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2015
Metropolitan Methodist is fun, fast paced, challenging place to work for. I have learned a lot and have built upon my critical nursing skills.
Worst place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  1310 McCulloughMarch 20, 2015
Under payed and over worked. Management is so rude they don't care. Lots and lots of work for not enough pay most of the nurses want to quit
Nice work places
PCA III, United Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this hospital I learned a lot about patient care and how to deal with different types of people. I had wonderful charge nurses and management. Its was busy and short staff a lot, but working with my co-workers made the night workable. The most fun part of my job was talking and taking care of my patients.
Pros
always over time and nice staff
Cons
under staff
loved the learning experience
Surgical Technologist Clinical Site (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pre-operative preparation
• Performs necessary counts
• Sterile skin prep
• Urinary Catheterization Intra-operative procedures
• Drapes
• Anticipates the needs of surgeon/assistant
• Passes instruments/supplies
• Maintains a tidy Mayo stand and back table
• Maintains sterility throughout the procedure
• Properly cares for specimen
• Performs closing counts
• Applies sterile dressings Post-operative procedures
• Breaks down sterile field
• Properly disposes of all sharps
• Prepares instruments for decontamination
• Disposes of all one-use items
• Turns over room
pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician Registered (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2014
compound iv/chemo, fill prescriptions, compound creams and lotions, answer phones, fill pyxis medication machine, pharmaceutical arithmatics, assist pharmacist with double checks and training other technicians.
horrible!
horrible... run (Former Employee) –  a horror story in real lifeOctober 21, 2014
RUN FROM THIS PLACE... Most of the Doctors are Criminals, specially in the ER and Surgery one they call the butcher, paralyzes patients with unnecessary surgeries, why this place is not being investigated i have no idea... they order every kind of exam for profit, i you like not being able to sit down for more than 2 seconds... this is the place for you... until they arrest everyone in this place.
Cons
illegal
Friendly staff, team players
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2014
Everyday is a new adventure. It can be difficult at times, yet rewarding.
productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2014
great work environment, always busy, really nice co workers they were always there when in need. easiest part of my job was getting to know my patients real well getting to comfort them with whatever the case was.
Great people to work with, Poor Administration/Mangement
RN/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Wonderful people to work with. Lack of cohesiveness between Administration and staff.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor administration
Hospital great start for a new nurse
Tele floor nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Critical thinking
Direct patient care
Patient education
Occasionally pulled to MICU
Pros
worked with great nurses that encouraged me as a young nurse
Cons
hours for a single young mother at that time
I was always productive working as a CVT and Supply Coordinator
CVT and Hemodynamic Recorder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Working as a CVT and Supply Coordinator, the hardest part of my job was being able to find the time to maintain the supplies we needed. I pulled my share of work as a CVT plus call. I enjoyed staying busy, but there were some days where we had 16 procedures. The worst time of my time at Metropolitan was when I had right shoulder rotator cuff repair. I was only allowed to stay home only a week, it was time that inventory was due, so with my arm in a shoulder immobilizer with pain, I made sure inventory was done.
Pros
some of the people were very nice.
Cons
no lunch break until all of the procedures were done.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital was a very busy place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2013
A day at work was extremely busy.
I learned that it is a very fast paced work environment, you work short staffed most of the time.
Most of the managers are extremely busy as well and don't have much time for communicating with the staff employees.
Dealing with the diversity of the employees
Best part of that job was going home.
Pros
too many co-worker bosses
Cons
not getting my lunch breaks
Productive and fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2013
Always great to work with people with compassion. I was really sadden when I had to leave the Metro Team.