Metropolitan Methodist Hospital

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

I very much enjoyed my department and staff.
Administrative Assistant for Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  AncillaryJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I interacted with vendors, staff, patients and students from other educational institutions. The healthcare environment is changing rapidly and so are the federal government rules. Benefits were satisfactory and my department was flexible when i requested time off or scheduled my vacation days. I learned alot on the job. There were always opportunity to learn new facets of the healthcare industry which i enjoyed. Unfortunately, my work relationship was strained at times. This was due to the changing environment of healthcare.
Pros
Vendors would bring in lunches all year round which saved me lunch money.
Cons
Some departments had alot of morale sessions and our department did not.
This Job Isn't For Everyone
Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
All you pretty much do for 12 hours is sit behind a computer and register patients. When you are not doing that, you act as the information booth as well. There is not much excitement within and it can often get boring doing the same thing over and over. Some members of management are good, others act like they don't care about anything other than the numbers. The hospital environment is often filled with adults who act like children, and management just expects you to deal with it. Problem solving is an issue both for management and employees. Managers do not handle things efficiently or effectively. The hardest part of the job is having to walk on pins and needles along with the constant stress and pressure from management. There is not much room for advancement within the company either. The perks of the job are 12 hour days so you essentially get a 3 day weekend, the overtime hours are great, you get one hour lunches, and you get lots of interaction with others. The job is great if you enjoy this kind of work and working environment. If you want to advance, or the medical field just isn't for you, it can get old pretty fast.
Pros
12 hr shifts, 1 hr lunches, discounts in the cafe, working with patients
Cons
management, working environment, dirty
Good place to work, co-workers are good people
Manager Dietary Food and Nutrtion (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
I have been here over 8 years and was a Methodist employee. Currently I am still here just under a contract company (Sodexo). I have been working for Sodexo for about 5 months. I am the OPS Manager and oversee the whole department of around 50 employees. I manage retail, kitchen and patient room service. The hardest part of my job is having to take on added
Horribly Managed
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
This hospital was a great learning experience. It was my first fast paced job in the clinical setting. It was very unorganized. I learned the flow of the hospital as I worked there.
Teamwork
Postpartum Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Floors are busy. Great co-workers! Enjoy working with this great group of nurses. Teamwork is key among staff. Steady and constant workload.
Nice work places
PCA III, United Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this hospital I learned a lot about patient care and how to deal with different types of people. I had wonderful charge nurses and management. Its was busy and short staff a lot, but working with my co-workers made the night workable. The most fun part of my job was talking and taking care of my patients.
Pros
always over time and nice staff
Cons
under staff
Small family atmosphere
RN IV Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2012
Love this facility! Everyone personable, friendly and professional. Best hospital downtown.
Pros
small family atmosphere
Cons
need more equipment in all areas. no raises this year was not appreciated!
productive and fun place to work
patient care assistant, unit clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2015
the staff there works as a team to not only take care of the patients but each other. ive learned alot there especially because im going to nursing school... and also improved my customer service
loved the learning experience
Surgical Technologist Clinical Site (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pre-operative preparation
• Performs necessary counts
• Sterile skin prep
• Urinary Catheterization Intra-operative procedures
• Drapes
• Anticipates the needs of surgeon/assistant
• Passes instruments/supplies
• Maintains a tidy Mayo stand and back table
• Maintains sterility throughout the procedure
• Properly cares for specimen
• Performs closing counts
• Applies sterile dressings Post-operative procedures
• Breaks down sterile field
• Properly disposes of all sharps
• Prepares instruments for decontamination
• Disposes of all one-use items
• Turns over room
great place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  san antonio,txJuly 16, 2015
My days there were very busy. I learned how to read a Dr writing lol. My co-workers were great and hard working. Hardest part of my job were to see so many sick people. Best part is when they got well and were able to go home to there families.
Worst place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  1310 McCulloughMarch 20, 2015
Under payed and over worked. Management is so rude they don't care. Lots and lots of work for not enough pay most of the nurses want to quit
False Advertisement
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2015
Very hectic, over worked and under paid. from day one co- workers tell the stories of the heavy over turn of employees.Managment doesn't get involved rather write you up then help you as a manager should.
I was always productive working as a CVT and Supply Coordinator
CVT and Hemodynamic Recorder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Working as a CVT and Supply Coordinator, the hardest part of my job was being able to find the time to maintain the supplies we needed. I pulled my share of work as a CVT plus call. I enjoyed staying busy, but there were some days where we had 16 procedures. The worst time of my time at Metropolitan was when I had right shoulder rotator cuff repair. I was only allowed to stay home only a week, it was time that inventory was due, so with my arm in a shoulder immobilizer with pain, I made sure inventory was done.
Pros
some of the people were very nice.
Cons
no lunch break until all of the procedures were done.
Difficult place to work
Staff RN ICU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2013
Difficult place to begin a career if you are a new graduate. Very little support for nursing staff.
Pros
cooperative and caring physicians
Cons
a lot of in fighting and fault finding, big turnover in staff inexperienced staff members.
Great place for New Graduate RN's
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2015
closely monitored environment by various leaders rounding on
nurses. Not a place where autonomy is encouraged. Extra shifts are
easily obtained. You are free to set your schedules as long as it's done in advance.
Great Management Team
MT/ UC/ CCT/ PCA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2015
Excellent people to work with and great work environment. At times it is very busy and at others we occupy ourselves by organizing the unit and brainstorming about how to give better patient care.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Older facility
horrible!
horrible... run (Former Employee) –  a horror story in real lifeOctober 21, 2014
RUN FROM THIS PLACE... Most of the Doctors are Criminals, specially in the ER and Surgery one they call the butcher, paralyzes patients with unnecessary surgeries, why this place is not being investigated i have no idea... they order every kind of exam for profit, i you like not being able to sit down for more than 2 seconds... this is the place for you... until they arrest everyone in this place.
Cons
illegal
knowledge
Intermediate Intensive Care Unit - Staff RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2015
Metropolitan Methodist is fun, fast paced, challenging place to work for. I have learned a lot and have built upon my critical nursing skills.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital was a very busy place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2013
A day at work was extremely busy.
I learned that it is a very fast paced work environment, you work short staffed most of the time.
Most of the managers are extremely busy as well and don't have much time for communicating with the staff employees.
Dealing with the diversity of the employees
Best part of that job was going home.
Pros
too many co-worker bosses
Cons
not getting my lunch breaks
Great Place to work
❸ Nurse Manager for a 35 bed Medical/Renal Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxMarch 29, 2014
Nurse Manager for a 35 bed Medical/Renal Unit
In charge of staffing and scheduling for the unit
Educated the staff through monthly staff meetings and in-services
Conducted interviews, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations for the unit
Took part in the ongoing development of the staffing grids and budget for the unit
Pros
always learning something new

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location