Metropolitan Ministries Employee Reviews in United States

Community environment
assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 21, 2015
The community is the main focus of most of the individuals at Metropolitan Ministries. The organization has some room to grow and get more organized. A lot of good work being done there, they will continue to grow and help the community.
Cooker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Assisted and served customers. Help other co-workers. Kept the all the areas clean. I learned there how the customers come first and when they are happy we were happy!
Not what they seem from the outside
Systems Navigator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2015
It is better to be a volunteer with this organization, treatment of employees is awful. No respect for individuals, failed management, weak leadership, too many ego's to deal with, could be more effective if they would just get over themselves and focus on the work at hand. Poor HR department!! the inside motto: "do what I say but not what I do" DO NOT WORK THERE!!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
leadership, management
productive
crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
I had a variety of task to fulfill including bagging, moving stock, and taking bags to cars. my coworkers were amazing and fun to talk to. management was nice and easy to understand directions. the hardest part was moving the stock because of the heavy lifting. the most enjoyable part of working there was talking to the customers while i was taking there bags to there vehicle.
Pros
free lunch
If you are called to serve homeless families this is for you!
Associate Director, Outreach & Prevention Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaMay 7, 2015
Metropolitan Ministries is a great place to work. Working here takes a lot out of ones soul seeing desperation and homelessness everyday, but this job is not a job for those with a heart to serve. Being a non-profit salary's are low, but as we joke around... if you are here for the money this is not the place your you. Those here serve because they have a calling on their heart to serve vulnerable populations.
Pros
free lunch, ministry
Cons
hours, conpensation
Fun environment that made you feel included
Food Prep/Distribution/Check in @ Feeding America (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
Fun yet serious environment that made you feel as if you made a different even if you weren't able to do much.the typical day begin with people greeting you and thanking you for volunteering there. then you were given assignment and tasked with completing them. sometime if you or others finished early you could help other people with their assignments.
Pros
Helpful staff, Patient
Cons
sometimes there wasnt enough to do
Productive and fun to have Interned.
Thrift Store Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2015
I help people every day, and there were a lot of bonuses,which make time fly. There is always something new for me to learn. The people I worked with and management were so helpful. I make a difference. I was encouraged to participate in the activities.
Pros
the customer's and staff.
Cons
when you are caught up on your work.
Great way to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2015
This type of volunteer work is great to see the other perspectives out in the world and to gain a greater appreciation. Working with all very kind and caring people who want to help out.
Very trying workplace; crowded space that doesn't promote to work in a quiet and productive environment. Only one co-ed bath for the whole building!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2014
Paperwork & data entry was overwhelming and unrealistic.... Impossible to accomplish in 8 hrs.!!! Salary not commensurate with experience and amount of work. Most co-workers very compassionate, cooperative and professional. Housing department and housing manager is cruel and uncaring.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
most everything else!
Loved working with my students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, flOctober 22, 2014
assisted teacher in classroom with daily activity. I loved this job I loved my students. What I didnt like was that i had put all my effort in this job. I was left in class by myself for months with no lead teacher and no one wanted to be in this classroom, but i took lead and i still go laid off. I felt like i was used, but i would do anything for my students and parents and they know it. Coworker were not teamplayers everyone was on they own. Management was unorganised.
Pros
lunches were free do to donations it was a non proffit organisatoion
Cons
no breaks and the insurance rate was to high

Want to know more about Metropolitan Ministries?

Ask a question
Good company
IT Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Everyday was different, Sometimes IT work, construction, kitchen, serving homeless. I did enjoy it, I am compassionate for those in need.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun team to work with.
IT Resident Intern (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
The day is full of fixing computer issues and also installing new programs, among other issue as well. When I began my internship knew not that much but after shadowing a couple of my coworkers I began to gain knowledge and understanding on how the job worked and also how to do the job. My manager and coworkers are a great bunch to work with we all have a great time working together.
Unexpected fast pace day with employee call ins
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2014
On this particular work day I learned with good teamwork anything can be done successfully. We had an unexpected high volume of donors with limited phlebotomist do to call ins. My co-workers and I even thou stressed worked really well together without being far behind in productions and minimal unhappy donors. The hardest part of any job I think is not being the best team player you can be. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone takes part in teamwork, it's makes work less stressful and more productive.
Very fun place to work, learn and volunteer
Volunteer Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Av in Tampa, FloridaNovember 29, 2013
My excitement each day was same positive. It thought me how to be humble and how to cherish each day, working with my co-workers was always learning experience. The hardest part of my job was seeing people hurting financial, spiritual and emotionally, I enjoyed been able to bring a smile to their faces as well as mines because we never know when we are one pay check away from being in their shoes.
Pros
volunteering
Cons
not been abvle to help
Very meaningful work
Sr. Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2013
Each day at work, I meet with single mother's who are homeless and are in dire need of housing to stabilize their family's. I have learned how much of a need this service is in the Tampa area. The services we provide through Metro Ministries makes a profound impact on several family's struggling in our community.
The team that I work with is an intimate family, who support and encourage each other though the struggles, frustrations and joys experienced throughout our week.
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of motivation some of the family's have to change the situation they are in.
The look on the children's faces is the most profound experience I have had at Metro Ministries.
Pros
free luch
I like this company
Data entry ACCTG (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
I started as a volunteer thru AARP after a year I was told by the manager of AARP my time was up to be in this position thru AARP, I started to go to school and other associates of Metro Min asked me to come back and work as a seasonal donor service data entry clerk so each year since I have been work 4,5 7 or 9 months each year as a part-time seasonal employee. However, since finishing school would appreciate a regular job. If unable to obtain a job this summer I am hoping Metro Min ask me back. I like working there. A company with so much volunteer help getting on regular is hard. They have always treated me well. I sort mail, run credit card report and balance them, updated donor information , updateunity, update data bases, ect.,
Pros
very flexiable, corporate with you for appointments
Cons
did not have a position to hire me
A new beginning for families in need
Director of Promiseland (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2012
Metropolitan Ministries is a non-profit organization that provides social service to homeless and families at risk of becoming homeless. Watching hundreds of family waiting in line to receive help with a light bill, shelter, assistant with public assistant application or just wanting a meal was a typical day at work. I learned to be humble and grateful for the things I have. I also learned to share, to not take life for granted. Most employees at Metropolitan came by way of volunteering. People come to volunteer and they want to stay.
The hardest part of the job is saying no to a family in need and the most enjoyable part is seeing a new family moving into Metropolitan Ministries and off the streets with their children.
Pros
providing a safe environment for children to explore and learn
Giving Back to the community
Front House Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
As a valuable team member of the Inside the Box restaurant and catering ensuring the following duties:
• Greeting clients and helping them with their food orders and taking order by phone
• Keep work space organized and clean at all times
Great orgainization
Volunteer Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2014
Volunteer inititive. Helping out where I was needed. I learned that it felt great to help others. The enjoyable part was helping people.
Pros
helping people, being in a group
Cons
sometimes things were outside and the weather was a factor
Great place for an internship
Prep Cook, Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlOctober 1, 2013
Entering every Tuesday for my internship days there was an amazing feeling. Helping people, families to eat, provide a place to sleep at night with their families, and help them move forward in life.
Pros
fun atmosphere, nice people, new kitchen equipment.

4.4