Metropolitan Ministries

Metropolitan Ministries Employer Reviews

This was a really good place to work temporarially.
Intake Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2014
This would be a wonderful place to work on a FT basis. The people are phenomenal.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
A humbling place to help those in need during the holidays so everyone can have a blessed time.
Giving Back to the community
Front House Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
As a valuable team member of the Inside the Box restaurant and catering ensuring the following duties:
• Greeting clients and helping them with their food orders and taking order by phone
• Keep work space organized and clean at all times
Loved working with my students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, flOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lunches were free do to donations it was a non proffit organisatoion
Cons: no breaks and the insurance rate was to high
assisted teacher in classroom with daily activity. I loved this job I loved my students. What I didnt like was that i had put all my effort in this job. I was left in class by myself for months with no lead teacher and no one wanted to be in this classroom, but i took lead and i still go laid off. I felt like i was used, but i would do anything for my students and parents and they know it. Coworker were not teamplayers everyone was on they own. Management was unorganised.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: volunteering
Cons: volunteering
I am volunteering in the outreach department, which we are assisting the homeless and the low income that is need of utilities paid, rent, forclosures of home, food, clothing for the needy.
Great orgainization
Volunteer Initiatives (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: helping people, being in a group
Cons: sometimes things were outside and the weather was a factor
Volunteer inititive. Helping out where I was needed. I learned that it felt great to help others. The enjoyable part was helping people.
I loved going to work everyday.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2014
My clients were all walks of life. Working with needy families, homeless, and people who just wanted to help those in need. I enjoyed every employee from all departments. It was always a cheerful place to be.
Productive and fun team to work with.
IT Resident Intern (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
The day is full of fixing computer issues and also installing new programs, among other issue as well. When I began my internship knew not that much but after shadowing a couple of my coworkers I began to gain knowledge and understanding on how the job worked and also how to do the job. My manager and coworkers are a great bunch to work with we all have a great time working together.
A community oriented non-profit committed to a high level of excellence through services that alleviate suffering to low income families/homeless
Senior Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
Providing services that alleviate the suffering of the homeless and low income families by providing food,clothes,hygiene and assistance with utilities and rent. As senior outreach coordinator i am responsible for all functions and daily operations of outreach to achieve these services at there highest standard.I have learned to become a better servant to the people while dealing with populations that are in crisis and suffering through trauma.Dealing with multi-cultural families and individuals from a diverse background. Management is effective at keeping the organization inspired constantly improving the organizations process and procedures as well as its cultural through evidence based programs. My coworkers are supportive and extremely team oriented who are competent and dedicated. The hardest part of my job is not being able to meet the needs of all clients and guest that we see. The need is great in the Tampa community and not being able to have all the resources that are needed by the community can be challenging at times. the most enjoyable part of my jobs has been developing the relationships with the members of the community both clients and organizational relationships.
I like this company
Data entry ACCTG (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: very flexiable, corporate with you for appointments
Cons: did not have a position to hire me
I started as a volunteer thru AARP after a year I was told by the manager of AARP my time was up to be in this position thru AARP, I started to go to school and other associates of Metro Min asked me to come back and work as a seasonal donor service data entry clerk so each year since I have been work 4,5 7 or 9 months each year as a part-time seasonal employee. However, since finishing school would appreciate a regular job. If unable to obtain a job this summer I am hoping Metro Min ask me back. I like working there. A company with so much volunteer help getting on regular is hard. They have always treated me well. I sort mail, run credit card report and balance them, updated donor information , updateunity, update data bases, ect.,
Unexpected fast pace day with employee call ins
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 11, 2014
On this particular work day I learned with good teamwork anything can be done successfully. We had an unexpected high volume of donors with limited phlebotomist do to call ins. My co-workers and I even thou stressed worked really well together without being far behind in productions and minimal unhappy donors. The hardest part of any job I think is not being the best team player you can be. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone takes part in teamwork, it's makes work less stressful and more productive.
Metropolotan Ministries
Outreach Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2014
Helping others at a time of need is a job that makes you want to do more for others. The people at this job are wonderful and it lets you look at life differently.
Very fun place to work, learn and volunteer
Volunteer Outreach Counselor (Former Employee), Palm Av in Tampa, FloridaNovember 29, 2013
Pros: volunteering
Cons: not been abvle to help
My excitement each day was same positive. It thought me how to be humble and how to cherish each day, working with my co-workers was always learning experience. The hardest part of my job was seeing people hurting financial, spiritual and emotionally, I enjoyed been able to bring a smile to their faces as well as mines because we never know when we are one pay check away from being in their shoes.
Very meaningful work
Sr. Case Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2013
Pros: free luch
Each day at work, I meet with single mother's who are homeless and are in dire need of housing to stabilize their family's. I have learned how much of a need this service is in the Tampa area. The services we provide through Metro Ministries makes a profound impact on several family's struggling in our community.
The team that I work with is an intimate family, who support and encourage each other though the struggles, frustrations and joys experienced throughout our week.
The most difficult part of the job is the lack of motivation some of the family's have to change the situation they are in.
The look on the children's faces is the most profound experience I have had at Metro Ministries.
customer service proff
Community Family Service Aide (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: busy position
busy work flow on a daily basis.
face to face contact with the public. great co-workers
enjoyed my job
Environmental Services
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2013
Being part of Metropolitan Ministries has been an exciting opportunity. They are very supportive and help in every way they can. The people and staff are great and very helpful and care.
Great place for an internship
Prep Cook, Internship (Former Employee), Tampa, FlOctober 1, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere, nice people, new kitchen equipment.
Entering every Tuesday for my internship days there was an amazing feeling. Helping people, families to eat, provide a place to sleep at night with their families, and help them move forward in life.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2013
The experience was life changing. The opportunity to change others lives was given to me at Metropolitan Ministries. I provided individuals with food, clothes, and shelter for their families.
friendly community and great work ethics
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 23, 2013
Pros: provided lunch, great opportunity to make new friends and become part of a bigger family
every day was like seeing old friends, worked tirelessly but at the end of the day was worth putting smiles on peoples faces.
Volunteer Work Experience
Seasonal Volunteer - Donor services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2013
Excellent opportunity to work and assist co-workers and clients in a non-profit organization.