Metropolitan Ministries Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Community Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2017
Working at Metropolitan Ministries never felt like a job to me because you're helping people in need. I enjoyed working with the people and the interaction.
Pros
Complimentary Breakfast and Lunch
Did not enjoy working here
Kitchen/Dining Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Holiday, FLMay 23, 2017
Was hired for about 6 months and got at most 30 hours. Greeted people and I learned their computer software. The mangement was really rude and I just didn't enjoy working there.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Mangement
Fun place to learn and improve skills
IT intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
Great place for an entry level IT position. A lot of learning and mentoring from the senior help desk specialists. Free lunch and breakfast if you are in early enough. Great people and location
STEAM Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
The Ministries is a wonderful place to work. Great culture, great coworkers, and a worthy engaging cause. If you would like to help alleviate the suffering of the homeless professionally this is a wonderful place to do so.
Pros
Free meal with every shift worked
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2017
I always enjoy volunteering with them because they are so organized. I have been able to service in different parts of the organization and it never fails to teach me something new about them and how they help the community.
Volunteer
Football Little League Manager (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLApril 14, 2017
I was a Volunteer, I did not get paid to work here. This is an amazing non-profit charity that helps the community. I am very thankful I got to be a part of this.
I loved this place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2017
They are very friendly and resonable. Great work atmosphere and you even get invited to their non profit organization events. I loved my students teaching them. Managment was great they would give you anything you requested as long as it help with they organization or the childrens education.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Being layed off
This Place Cares
Marketing and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2017
I worked here over the summer in 2016 for my practicum in school and it was eye-opening to see all the people in my local community that need assistance. Metropolitan Ministries truly cares about people, going above and beyond their job requirements to make sure everyone knows that they matter. It was a privilege to work along side the small but devoted staff for the three months that I was there. The work is hard and their days are long, but they make a difference.
Pros
friendly coworkers, meaningful work
my experience in Metropolitan Ministries
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
The pace of work since you go to work and until you leave is no-stop, you always know the time you go to work but do not know the time when you have to go home.
I loved my job, I really like helping people.
The high-ranking bosses do not care much if you kill yourself working, they are the only thing that matters is that the work is done if or if, what I discourage is that they promised me many things and the years went by and I did not see that they were They worked, between 55 and 65 hours a week. Worked hard and paid nothing, my salary was made for 40 hours a week and actually worked a lot more.
I do not like to say bad things about my work, metropolitan taught me a lot and I will always thank you, but I felt that I was giving my life in that work and did not see the light at the end of the tunnel.
benefits
Cons
to many hours of work
Flexible schedule + Free lunch breaks
Kitchen Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2017
From what I saw when I was there Metro Min' needed more Manager's too help facilitate work flow and improve productivity.
You are able to have a good flexible work schedule, You also get free lunch breaks.
Pros
Free lunch breaks and Gain good experience
Cons
Needs work on Management
Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2016
They are doing amazing things for the community and continue to do so every day. They are always in need of volunteers. They are non-profit and will do the most for someone in need.
fun volunteer environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 19, 2016
I helped supervise, serve, entertain and communicate with some of the p[patience that were in this program that was called the STAR program.
Cooker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Assisted and served customers. Help other co-workers. Kept the all the areas clean. I learned there how the customers come first and when they are happy we were happy!
Community environment
assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 21, 2015
The community is the main focus of most of the individuals at Metropolitan Ministries. The organization has some room to grow and get more organized. A lot of good work being done there, they will continue to grow and help the community.
Not what they seem from the outside
Systems Navigator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2015
It is better to be a volunteer with this organization, treatment of employees is awful. No respect for individuals, failed management, weak leadership, too many ego's to deal with, could be more effective if they would just get over themselves and focus on the work at hand. Poor HR department!! the inside motto: "do what I say but not what I do" DO NOT WORK THERE!!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
leadership, management
Great way to give back
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2015
This type of volunteer work is great to see the other perspectives out in the world and to gain a greater appreciation. Working with all very kind and caring people who want to help out.
productive
crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
I had a variety of task to fulfill including bagging, moving stock, and taking bags to cars. my coworkers were amazing and fun to talk to. management was nice and easy to understand directions. the hardest part was moving the stock because of the heavy lifting. the most enjoyable part of working there was talking to the customers while i was taking there bags to there vehicle.
Pros
free lunch
Good company
IT Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Everyday was different, Sometimes IT work, construction, kitchen, serving homeless. I did enjoy it, I am compassionate for those in need.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
If you are called to serve homeless families this is for you!
Associate Director, Outreach & Prevention Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaMay 7, 2015
Metropolitan Ministries is a great place to work. Working here takes a lot out of ones soul seeing desperation and homelessness everyday, but this job is not a job for those with a heart to serve. Being a non-profit salary's are low, but as we joke around... if you are here for the money this is not the place your you. Those here serve because they have a calling on their heart to serve vulnerable populations.
Pros
free lunch, ministry
Cons
hours, conpensation
Fun environment that made you feel included
Food Prep/Distribution/Check in @ Feeding America (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
Fun yet serious environment that made you feel as if you made a different even if you weren't able to do much.the typical day begin with people greeting you and thanking you for volunteering there. then you were given assignment and tasked with completing them. sometime if you or others finished early you could help other people with their assignments.
Pros
Helpful staff, Patient
Cons
sometimes there wasnt enough to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Ministries. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4