Metropolitan Ministries

Metropolitan Ministries Employee Reviews

productive
crew (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
I had a variety of task to fulfill including bagging, moving stock, and taking bags to cars. my coworkers were amazing and fun to talk to. management was nice and easy to understand directions. the hardest part was moving the stock because of the heavy lifting. the most enjoyable part of working there was talking to the customers while i was taking there bags to there vehicle.
Good company
IT Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: N/A
Everyday was different, Sometimes IT work, construction, kitchen, serving homeless. I did enjoy it, I am compassionate for those in need.
If you are called to serve homeless families this is for you!
Associate Director, Outreach & Prevention Services (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch, ministry
Cons: hours, conpensation
Metropolitan Ministries is a great place to work. Working here takes a lot out of ones soul seeing desperation and homelessness everyday, but this job is not a job for those with a heart to serve. Being a non-profit salary's are low, but as we joke around... if you are here for the money this is not the place your you. Those here serve because they have a calling on their heart to serve vulnerable populations.
Fun environment that made you feel included
Food Prep/Distribution/Check in @ Feeding America (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Helpful staff, Patient
Cons: sometimes there wasnt enough to do
Fun yet serious environment that made you feel as if you made a different even if you weren't able to do much.the typical day begin with people greeting you and thanking you for volunteering there. then you were given assignment and tasked with completing them. sometime if you or others finished early you could help other people with their assignments.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2015
This Internship was very rewarding and allowed me the opportunity to work with different walks of life, dealing with mostly homeless and in need people.
Productive and fun to have Interned.
Thrift Store Intern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: the customer's and staff.
Cons: when you are caught up on your work.
I help people every day, and there were a lot of bonuses,which make time fly. There is always something new for me to learn. The people I worked with and management were so helpful. I make a difference. I was encouraged to participate in the activities.
Very trying workplace; crowded space that doesn't promote to work in a quiet and productive environment. Only one co-ed bath for the whole building!
Case Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: most everything else!
Paperwork & data entry was overwhelming and unrealistic.... Impossible to accomplish in 8 hrs.!!! Salary not commensurate with experience and amount of work. Most co-workers very compassionate, cooperative and professional. Housing department and housing manager is cruel and uncaring.
This was a really good place to work temporarially.
Intake Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2014
This would be a wonderful place to work on a FT basis. The people are phenomenal.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
A humbling place to help those in need during the holidays so everyone can have a blessed time.
Giving Back to the community
Front House Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
As a valuable team member of the Inside the Box restaurant and catering ensuring the following duties:
• Greeting clients and helping them with their food orders and taking order by phone
• Keep work space organized and clean at all times
Loved working with my students
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, flOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lunches were free do to donations it was a non proffit organisatoion
Cons: no breaks and the insurance rate was to high
assisted teacher in classroom with daily activity. I loved this job I loved my students. What I didnt like was that i had put all my effort in this job. I was left in class by myself for months with no lead teacher and no one wanted to be in this classroom, but i took lead and i still go laid off. I felt like i was used, but i would do anything for my students and parents and they know it. Coworker were not teamplayers everyone was on they own. Management was unorganised.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: volunteering
Cons: volunteering
I am volunteering in the outreach department, which we are assisting the homeless and the low income that is need of utilities paid, rent, forclosures of home, food, clothing for the needy.
Great orgainization
Volunteer Initiatives (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: helping people, being in a group
Cons: sometimes things were outside and the weather was a factor
Volunteer inititive. Helping out where I was needed. I learned that it felt great to help others. The enjoyable part was helping people.
I loved going to work everyday.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2014
My clients were all walks of life. Working with needy families, homeless, and people who just wanted to help those in need. I enjoyed every employee from all departments. It was always a cheerful place to be.
Productive and fun team to work with.
IT Resident Intern (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 4, 2014
The day is full of fixing computer issues and also installing new programs, among other issue as well. When I began my internship knew not that much but after shadowing a couple of my coworkers I began to gain knowledge and understanding on how the job worked and also how to do the job. My manager and coworkers are a great bunch to work with we all have a great time working together.
A community oriented non-profit committed to a high level of excellence through services that alleviate suffering to low income families/homeless
Senior Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2014
Providing services that alleviate the suffering of the homeless and low income families by providing food,clothes,hygiene and assistance with utilities and rent. As senior outreach coordinator i am responsible for all functions and daily operations of outreach to achieve these services at there highest standard.I have learned to become a better servant to the people while dealing with populations that – more... are in crisis and suffering through trauma.Dealing with multi-cultural families and individuals from a diverse background. Management is effective at keeping the organization inspired constantly improving the organizations process and procedures as well as its cultural through evidence based programs. My coworkers are supportive and extremely team oriented who are competent and dedicated. The hardest part of my job is not being able to meet the needs of all clients and guest that we see. The need is great in the Tampa community and not being able to have all the resources that are needed by the community can be challenging at times. the most enjoyable part of my jobs has been developing the relationships with the members of the community both clients and organizational relationships. – less
I like this company
Data entry ACCTG (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2014
Pros: very flexiable, corporate with you for appointments
Cons: did not have a position to hire me
I started as a volunteer thru AARP after a year I was told by the manager of AARP my time was up to be in this position thru AARP, I started to go to school and other associates of Metro Min asked me to come back and work as a seasonal donor service data entry clerk so each year since I have been work 4,5 7 or 9 months each year as a part-time seasonal employee. However, since finishing school would appreciate a regular job. If unable to obtain a job this summer I am hoping Metro Min ask me back. I like working there. A company with so much volunteer help getting on regular is hard. They have always treated me well. I sort mail, run credit card report and balance them, updated donor information , updateunity, update data bases, ect.,
Unexpected fast pace day with employee call ins
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 11, 2014
On this particular work day I learned with good teamwork anything can be done successfully. We had an unexpected high volume of donors with limited phlebotomist do to call ins. My co-workers and I even thou stressed worked really well together without being far behind in productions and minimal unhappy donors. The hardest part of any job I think is not being the best team player you can be. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone takes part in teamwork, it's makes work less stressful and more productive.
Metropolotan Ministries
Outreach Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 3, 2014
Helping others at a time of need is a job that makes you want to do more for others. The people at this job are wonderful and it lets you look at life differently.
Very fun place to work, learn and volunteer
Volunteer Outreach Counselor (Former Employee), Palm Av in Tampa, FloridaNovember 29, 2013
Pros: volunteering
Cons: not been abvle to help
My excitement each day was same positive. It thought me how to be humble and how to cherish each day, working with my co-workers was always learning experience. The hardest part of my job was seeing people hurting financial, spiritual and emotionally, I enjoyed been able to bring a smile to their faces as well as mines because we never know when we are one pay check away from being in their shoes.