Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Employee Reviews

Balanced Schedule
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNDecember 27, 2016
Great place to work if you like only working daytime during the week.
IF you enjoy children and chaos this place is for you.
Great place to learn and teach diversity
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2016
A typical day consisted of making learning fun for students all the while accentuating their diverse backgrounds and collaborating as a whole team to learn from each other.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2016
Sub for any individual that was absence from there job. Did any Clerical work like absences and tardy for the student, answer phone, sort mail, work in the computer system for metro school.
Elementary School
Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJuly 21, 2016
Very Professional place to work and the environment is exquisite. Loving to come to work and share anything positive I experience away from work with the student body or faculty. Teaching students about various mediums and various artist. Counseling students inreference to their behavior. Keeping records of how much progress the students have made from the beginning of the school year to the end of the school year. Loving to display my students compositions on the walls at school or in various local businesses. Coming in first or second place in an art contest,etc.
Pros
Professional Staff, Team workers, Good Benefits
Cons
Student Teacher Ratio
There's a lot to do in Metro
Co-Teacher/Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2016
There are a lot of positions that you can work in without losing benefits. Balancing job and work life really depends on you and your dedication. The compensation is no so great so, you have to like what you do to stay motivated. The benefits are pretty good. The job security is not what it use to be and advance depends on the job you are in and your desire to advance and what you are willing to do to advance. Management depends on what department you work in and your supervisors management style. The same can be said for job culture.
Spirit of Fear
Principal - Bellshire Elementary Design Center (Current Employee) –  Bellshire, TNJune 16, 2016
This district operates from instilling fear in its workers. You never know if your going to be fired from day to day. No clear expectations for educators.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No support
Dysfunctional
Educator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 6, 2016
Lack of leadership and vision. Has set low expectations for student performance and behavior. Needs a complete overhaul at the central office level.
Productive, exciting place to work
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 25, 2016
This job is Bus Monitor. Here I monitor each student on the bus behavior. I make sure each child stay in there assign seat and reframe from fighting. I assist the driver with directions to new students home. I speak with the parent regarding there child's bus ride home. I make sure we have updated and working phone numbers for each student.
Teaching in an Inclusive Classroom
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 8, 2016
Everyday I go to work I am reminded of the purpose and the vision that God has set before me to uplift and inspire a generation of young people to reach their God-given potential. I do that by serving the in a way that shows that how much I care, not by how much I know. I have learned that only then will you be able to draw their attention to learn. I appreciate the many seasoned teachers that have help my job become easy by their preparations and ideas. The hardest part of teaching is implementing the lesson plans with the inclusion of so many behavioral challenges that some of the children have that are in the classroom during instruction time. You really have to be creative to teach in such an environment. Over the years, I have learned how to be flexible. I enjoy watching the face of a young person after they get the lesson. What a joy to experience. :)
Pros
Every child has a chance to succeed.
Cons
There are so many that need our help, but not enough of us to go around.
Interesting Enviroment
Family Youth Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2015
I worked as a substitute teacher and truancy officer. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep kids on the straight and narrow while convincing their parents the kid is not going to jail.
Pros
Students and Parents
Cons
Limited ability to grow
A great place to work with outstanding manage and staff.ment
Intervention Teacher / Coach (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day was great!!! And very productive.
I enjoyed my job, the students and staff.
The hardest part was leaving at the end of the day. I've enjoyed every place of employment that I have worked. And I have learned how to motivate and help others enjoy their jobs as well.
Pros
Having a structured schedule
Cons
Having to work through lunch breaks on occasions
I kept very busy while working for this employer.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 13, 2015
I had the opportunity to work for a respectful and professional coordinator. The tasks I performed kept me very busy throughout the day.
Never a dull moment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 4, 2015
I miss working with the children. Their smiles and energy was so refreshing to me. Nashville has some remarkable children.
challenging job and support carrying out appropriate educational activities.
Support Substitute (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2015
o Setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audiovisual, providing technical support, operating educational training equipment, and performing routine clerical duties, e.g. filing student records.
Good Job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2015
I already filled this information on another page. The application would not allow me to go back and copy and paste. I'm not sure what is wrong with the website at this time. I enjoyed all the jobs that I was employed with and had few if any problems with anyone that I worked with or for.
My days are filled with providing rigorous lessons to my fourth grade students.
Fourth/Fifth/ Sixth Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Robert Churchwell Elementary SchoolDecember 8, 2014
I work in a low performing school, which causes me to find different and fun ways to ensure that each student masters all the state standards required. Each student receives a rigorous and repetitious learning experience. My teammates and I work hard to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that each student is receiving the best academic experience.
Overall enjoyable workplace
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed this job. I enjoyed being around the children and their energy. The management team and school administrators were easy to work among. Anytime there was an issue, it was easy to talk to them and get their assistance in resolving any issues that came about. Overall everyone worked as ONE team. Working with the other drivers was also fun. We treated each other like family. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Gaining the relationships with all involved.
Cons
Not enough money to survive as a single income because it was a ten month employment.
Upcoming district
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2014
Working in MNPS was a great experience for me. Besides it being difficult to advance, it was a pleasant work experience. The district knew where it was headed and how it would get there. For a large district, communication was effective and there wasn't chaos and lack of organization that you would find in many districts.
Pros
Effective communication, risk taker, good instructional programs
Cons
Lack of support for job advancements
Great place for individuals who love children.
Tutor and assist children individually (Current Employee) –  Elementary SchoolNovember 18, 2014
I work with special needs students and get great enjoyment when they are successful and reaching their full potential.
Pros
Your weekends are all off.
Cons
Para-professionals are not paid anytime kids are not at school and the income overall is not good.
Contract agent
SOURCING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 4, 2014
• Establish contracts in to meet the needs of MNPS schools and departments.
• Prepare proposals and bid requests, including specifications, statements of work, evaluation criteria, contract strategies and processes.
• Evaluate bids and proposals, using required level of cost and technical analysis.
• Prepares award recommendations for approval.
• Oversee vendor responsibilities outlined in the contract and statement of work. Organizes necessary management reviews and audits with suppliers. Ensures total supplier performance through contract life and life-cycle of procured goods and services.
Serve as the liaison between the customer and MNPS to ensure an effective program management process, cost and risk management, and commitments to customers are met.
• Complies with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, statutes, and ordinances related to ITB/RFP processing and contracts.
• Complies with all district and department policies and procedures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Reviews by Location