Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools

Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools Employer Reviews

n/a
ISS Teacher (Former Employee), Brick Church MiddleJuly 14, 2014
i love working for metro with student and teachers and parents , coaching soccer was very rewarding
Great place to work depending on school
Licensed Professional School Counselor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 8, 2014
Pros: can be very rewarding work
Cons: inconsistencies
Working in education can be very rewarding. It is always a positive when seeing students matriculate throughout their career and graduate. There are several different opportunities for student success. Teachers are very concerned about their students success and will go above and beyond to help them succeed. There are many great teachers in the system – more... who deserves more pay for what they do. No amount of money can repay the hard work and dedication spent preparing – less
Subtitue Teaching
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: being a sub has exposed me to various cutlers and languages.
Cons: working everyday as a sub is not always guaranteed.
Implement teacher lesson plans, assign student classwork and homework, maintain classroom control and discipline. Complete a daily report or evaluation to communicate any pertinent information resulting from the days events.Communicate information about a student's activities to parents, department head or with the building principal.
Stressful
Classroom Teacher - Reading and Language Arts (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 15, 2014
Most schools under pressure to become "passing" schools, principals moved around a lot
Exciting and Different Work Atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2014
Pros: different everyday, option to choose which days to work
Cons: no benefits
I am a sub for K-12 and everyday is different. Different school, class, etc.. Some days are easier than others but I like the fact that I can accept a job or decline it. There are certain school I absolutely love working at and some that I will not sub at again. There is also a bonus pay if you work everyday in a pay period which is nice since compensation – more... isn't great. – less
Improving School System
Teacher (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2014
The sponsorships that more high schools are getting is a plus. More real life experiences for students aids in motivating them to graduate.
The best experience I have had as a teacher.
Elementary Montessori Teacher (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great teachers and great students
I enjoyed my time at Hull-Jackson and was impressed by the work ethic of the teachers and principal there.
A great place to work. It's a wonderful service to our children.
Senior Secretary for Director of Middle Schools (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful people that really care about children
I worked at Metro for 27 years when I decided to retire and start a new career.
Very Productive, very rewarding
Education Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: helping children
Cons: pay
I loved working for Metro Schools. The children make waking up and going to work enjoyable. Very rewarding job.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2013
The most enjoyable art of the jobs being able to provide safety and security for children as well as being a point of contact for students during their journeys in life.
Fair compensation
Teacher - Grade (Current Employee), Hermitage, TNOctober 27, 2013
Great coworkers.
Fair compensation
Excellent vacation time.
Great hours.
N/A
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 2, 2013
I do not have very many words to say about this company. If afforded the opportunity, I would probably decline the opportunity of working for them again.
I love there were so many cultures at this school
Assistant Directress (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2013
Pros: the teaching system was impeccable
it was a Montessori school, and I love the fact that there was so many different cultures in the school to learn from African American, Middle Eastern, Anglo American, Hispanic, Etc.
Stay Away
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 13, 2013
Very poor schools. To many testing requirements. Even teachers that have been at the schools say that if they had to do it all over again they would not work there.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), 2601 Bransford AvenueJune 10, 2013
Pros: meet new people
Cons: nothing
Productive and exciting place to work. I really enjoy working with the students.
Great Benefits
Assistant to Registrars (Current Employee), Nashville, TN 37076May 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no summer work
Great working environment. The benefits are excellent. Great working environment.
Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 17, 2013
They pay and bonuses were nice but no benefits as a sub. The classroom enviroments have changed . I mainly worked at Title One schools which consisted of student on free or reduced lunch. The best part of the job was changing the lives of many.
I only work PT as called as assignments come open, for schools for the current school year.
Office Support Staff (Current Employee), Yes, MNPS PT employeeFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: if you have another pt job to go with this pt work, you can do both depending upon the need.
Cons: would like to be in a school office as full time worker but these jobs are few and far between.
Very good to work for full time I am sure. I am a PT on call type employee and do not get even enough hours with this position and don't see full time happening soon enough with the economy as it is being slow to rise.
Excellent Place to Work
School Staff (Current Employee), United StatesNovember 19, 2012
Pros: salary, benefits
MNPS is a great place to work. Yes there is a lot of stress at times, but when the education of children is at stake, there should be.
I am able to help people each day and really enjoy what I do.
Stressful, unrealistic demands, high standards for Teacher
Engineering Instructor (Former Employee), Nashville TNNovember 10, 2012
Pros: decent salary compared to others and medical benefits
Cons: stress, cannot discipline/kick out unruly students asap, mostly unmotivated students
Took this job at another Mnps high school with mostly minorities. Lasted less than 3 months. Coming from Industry hard to shift to environment where kids can run wild with little consequences. Program is well-funded but they just throw kids in to fill seats rather than filter/select students that truly want to go into STEM fields. Meanwhile Instructors – more... have all these metrics and indicators to meet as "professionals" while dumbing down the Program to pass enough students to keep the funding going. – less

About Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools

Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools is where dedicated professionals are helping more than 74,000 students prepare for the future. – Read more