Metropolitan Police Department Employee Reviews

Balance Schedule
Accounting Officer (Assistant Controller) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001June 14, 2017
At the Metropolitan Police Department, I learned a lot about accounting and budgeting. This is the place I actually started my accounting and budgeting career. I was in charged of non-local funds budget, monthly reconciliations, end of year closing packages and grants
dfbh
Commissioned Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2017
It is a great job if you are single with no kids. If you have a family, it is difficult to retain a work/life balance. The schedule could be better.
Best law enforcement job in America
Planning and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2017
w/o a doubt the best law enforcement job in America. You had the possibility to do any police function you desired. Patrol, Detectives, Crime Scene Investigation, Youth/Community Services, Motorcycles,

The Special Operations Division was at the forefront of everything that happened in Washington DC, from demonstrations & riots; sports and entertainment; 4th of July and other festivals and parades; inauguration & escorting VIPS from POTUS, VPOTUS, SecDef, SecState, All foreign heads of State erc
Pros
Best law enforcement job in America
Cons
Corruption in the Command Staff
Highly Stressful but Rewarding and Challenging
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2017
I totally enjoyed my experience working with the nations number one Police Department in Washington DC. I also enjoyed working with and for the citizens of the District of Columbia along with my colleagues.
My partner was shot and survived. He said, we (cops) do not get paid for what we do, we get paid for what we may have TO DO.
Retired Detective (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 24, 2017
Each day was the same, yet each day exposed a member of the force to something different, dangerous, rewarding and so on. I served the city for 26 years, gained respect, lost brothers and sisters to line of duty deaths. I am here to serve and am loyal, trustworthy and dependable to my employer.
Pros
Community support and have a great feeling of a job well done
Cons
People started hating the police
Payroll Asst/Customer Services Rep
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2017
My job was very rewarding, I work and help people, that's what I do best. Making sure get pay in a timely matter, prepare form for Employees Verification and Loss Wages, answer the telephone, train new employees with our office procedures, create forms to be use by our office.
Giving Back
Administrative/Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 15, 2017
This is where my 27 year career all began, I worked with some good people and learned all it takes to be a good law enforcement officer. To help the citizens in District Of Columbia. I came in contact with some youths that just needed someone to talk to as well as that little extra push to do better and conquer there fears. And to obtain such a position you have to be a good listener.
Pros
You learn something new everyday
Cons
Making sure you make it home safely
No better place to work.
Homicide Brach (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 12, 2017
Best place in the country to work. If you aren't working with the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington D.C., what are you doing with your life?
Work Place
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
While working for MPD I've learn the responsibility of leadership and protection. Its a very hands on Job where you must always watch your surroundings while out on patrol. It also consist of building a relationship within your service area, or community, so those around you can confide in, and trust you.
Pros
Helping other, Retirement Program
Cons
Short breaks
Very Productive and interesting work enviroment
Police Officer/ Investigator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCApril 8, 2017
Pros
The oppurtunity to protect the president of the United States
Cons
Life or Death situations dailey.
Always had work to do
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2017
While interning with the MPD ORAS there was always something to do. Although I spent most of my days starring at a computer screen I learned a lot about the crime trends in D.C. This internship provided me with the skills that I will use in a professional atmosphere as well.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long dull days
Excellent place to work for dedicated public servants
Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2017
Very diverse workforce. Civilian employees hold challenging jobs that enhance ability of sworn members to do their jobs. Hard work but very rewarding.
awesome place to work at
Legal Instrument Examiner (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMarch 16, 2017
I love working at MPD. Very honorable and reputable job. Coworkers are amazing and great team. Nice people and enjoyed helping community and employees.
Pros
government job
Cons
Rewarding if you're in it for the right reasons
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 24, 2017
Great and rewarding work, although often is thankless. This is the true meaning of teamwork. Most will not get the opportunity to help as much as a layman.
Pros
Being looked up to as a role model.
Cons
Often thankless.
Serving with Excellence
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2017
Loyal and dedicated professionals serving the public with integrity; Promote excellence; high moral; enjoyable place to work; positive work culture; your return on investment is great; highly dependable;
Pros
Great opportunities for upward mobility, professional and personal development
exciting work environment but disgruntled all at the same
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 2, 2017
It is difficult at times to balance work and family/social life. Very time consuming, but they do pay for your time. Not always rewarding work, but always entertaining.
Pros
having the opportunity to communicate with all walks of life
Cons
schedule and family life
Horrible
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2017
If you don't mind being stressed, treated unfairly, working outside of your PD and having lack of support from your union then it may be an okay job. Get in and get out is your best bet with this agency.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible management
This was a great place to work.
Employment Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2016
I enjoyed the experience and working with my peers. My supervisors were very friendly and provided good guidance. We experienced various job training activities.
Amazing, the supreme
Detective Grade II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2016
I loved my job as a police officer, it was the most interesting and exciting job I've ever had the pleasure of having. It was very fulfilling, I enjoyed my daily interactions with the citizens of Washington D.C. and I'm delighted how I've seen D.C. grow over the years.
Pros
My retirement.
Cons
That I had to leave, that I retired.
workout rooms
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2016
Some days the job can be extremely busy. Work environment is intense. There's a camaraderie that's unique. It's an honorable job if integrity and proper morals are a standard characteristic among officers.
Pros
Respect
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Police Department. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval