As laboratory director for Metropolitan Specialty Labs , you will be
responsible for the overall operation and
administration of the laboratory, including the employment of competent
qualified personnel. Even though you have the option to delegate some
of your responsibilities, you remain ultimately responsible and must
ensure that all the duties are properly performed and applicable CLIA
regulations are met. It is your responsibility to ensure that your
laboratory develops and uses a quality system approach to laboratory
testing that provides accurate and reliable patient test results.
As laboratory director, you must ensure that:
- testing systems in the laboratory provide quality services in all
aspects of test performance, i.e., the preanalytic, analytic, and
postanalytic phases of testing and are appropriate for your patient
- physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are adequate
and appropriate for the testing performed;
- the environment for employees is safe from physical, chemical, and
biological hazards and safety and biohazard requirements are
- a general supervisor (high complexity testing) is available to provide
day-to-day supervision of all testing personnel and reporting of test
results as well as provide on-site supervision for specific minimally
qualified testing personnel when they are performing high
- sufficient numbers of appropriately educated, experienced, and/or
trained personnel who provide appropriate consultation, properly
supervise, and accurately perform tests and report test results in
accordance with the written duties and responsibilities specified by
you, are employed by the laboratory;
- new test procedures are reviewed, included in the procedure manual
and followed by personnel; and
- each employee’s responsibilities and duties are specified in writing.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
*MD degree required .
*Five years of operational management including three years in healthcare required.
Experience: 5+ Years