Metropolitan State University of Denver Employee Reviews in United States

Higher Education
Data Center and Storage Administator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2016
Working in Higher Education is a good experience to get ones foot into the door, this especially helps when you graduated from the same institution and are working for it as a full time employee.
The positions are state employee based and the raises vary greatly per what the budget allows, as it receives its primary funding from the state.

The overall culture is good and it all depends on what department you get to work for. As each department get to freedom to help its employees. I've learned alot over the past few years and still growing with everyday knowledge.
It does get sometimes a bit routine working as when there is downtime one has to find things to keep busy. But working and maintaining a data center is this environment is fairly easy and not to much demanding.

Coworkers are great to have lunch with and it makes the day go by faster.

Overall my satisfaction working for this higher ed institution has been a very pleasant and rewarding along the way throughout the years.
Pros
Very good atmosphere, and great campus location plenty of food choices, and near downtown.
Cons
parking on campus can be tricky, especially when special events are held, and also due to new construction
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 19, 2015
As a student TA for the Biology Department, this is a great place to gain experience and knowledge. All the professors are great with their TA's and know what to expect from each and everyone of them.
Pros
Knowledge of teaching, flexible on hours
Great School
Scholarship Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2015
Great school, great and wonderful environment to work at. I worked there for a year and half and it was great experience.
A great place to work if you are looking for advancing your leadership
Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2015
At MSU Denver orientation, I learned my leadership style and was given many opportunities to lead my peers. This was something I did not expect to do at such a young age. I learned about how to handle conflicts, how to motivate others, and how to hold myself accountable. My boss, Amy Dinise-Halter was the best boss I ever had. She did so much for my leadership. She covered for my other boss who really sat on his hands all day. The most enjoyable part pf the job was the inclusive and fun environment we created. It allowed me to be who I was who I could be. The hardest part is going to be leaving this job. It was a fdantastic opportunity.
MSU Denver
Project and Classroom Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2015
I worked at Metro State in various capacities for almost 10 years. I loved the people I worked with, however advancement within the University was very hard.
Fun working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 2, 2015
It was a great place. Great and fun working environment. It was great to be able to work with the public and helped students with the registration issues. Best experience with Banner.
The Writing Center is the place to be
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  DenverMay 19, 2015
I loved working in the writing center with MSU Denver students. I visited the writing center as a student as well and thrived in the inclusive, friendly atmosphere.
Great Place to work
Veteran Leader Corps Member (AmeriCorps) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2015
Staff has been more than supportive of my growth professionally and personally. I have had nothing but great experiences working with the staff and partnering with other departments.
Good place to start
Program Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2015
MSU Denver is a good place to begin a professional career after graduating college. The challenge for me came when I was ready to continue growing and progressing professionally and the opportunities within the University were limited.
Fantastic
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2015
MSUDenver has a great work culture with lots of stimulation as it is a University. Being around people that are educated and working at an institution such as MSU Denver is quite a unique experience.
Fun, challenging, and rewarding position.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
My job as a mathematics tutor at MSU Denver is best described as having a pop quiz every five minutes. People studying disciplines from all walks of life would stop by to discuss the mathematical concepts surrounding their studies and as a tutor it was my job to provide them with the best incite that I could. From environmental sciences and meteorology to chemistry and calc--based physics, I was challenged daily to learn quickly and solve problems effectively. I also learned to work independently as well as collaborate with others to obtain desired solutions.
Pros
satisfaction in helping others, problem solving
Cons
small amount to working hours.
Great job for students
IT Media Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
Metro was a great place to work as a student as they worked around my classes and I was able to pay my bills while not being too stressed.
A great place to learn from other faculty while having fun teaching others in downtown Denver
Affiliate Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
My employment at MetroState has allowed me to stay up to date with important concepts related to Chemistry. It has also improved my teaching, managing, public speaking and problem solving skills. I am grateful to have the opportunity to teach at my alma mater.
Adjunct teaching
Part-Time Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2014
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great place. Because I was adjunct faculty, I did not receive benefits, but I have a flexible work schedule.
Work study student
Administratative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 15, 2014
I was just a work study nothing bad to say about the place. I learned a lot about higher education.
was working on shows and my internship with kaiser wasn't really a paid job
Assistant Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
well i went to school here so i spent a lot of time here. i learned a lot from many different classes and types of people i would meet, a true melting pot. my directors and teachers inspired and gave my chances to perform and express myself in ways. hardest part was realizing that real life had to begin and i couldn't perform all the time i was gonna have to find a grown up job.
Pros
got my degree, met so many friends
Cons
super expensive
Very flexible but not too productive
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2014
A lot of sitting around and waiting for students. Learned a few administrative skills. Management and coworkers were very nice. Not s very hard job an the relationships were great.
Database Administration
Software Engineer and Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2013
I work in the office of Advancement and External Relations at MSU Denver, developing the Raiser's Edge database which oversees all school constituents, donors, events, and solicitor prospects.

Due to MSU Denver being a foundation, the majority of their funding comes from the state or these solicitor prospects and donors.

Responsibilities include project planning and implementation, global database audits and maintenance, metrics gathering and analytics, and daily advancement and external relations tasks.
Great department in a growing college system in central Denver
Adjunct Instructor for Industrial Design Dept. (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2013
Metro State continues to impress me with the faculty, improved campus, facilities, and dedication to providing an affordable high-quality education. The Industrial Design department at the Auraria campus continues to reflect the changes and improvements seen throughout the college, and i'm flattered to be a contributor to this team of professors. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and professional experience with the students in this positive and nurturing environment.
Pros
flexible schedule, great campus and work environment.
Cons
last minute canceling of courses and limited work hours.
great variety of transportation
Assistant to the AVP of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Very busy department during the summer semester. I have learned a multitude of duties, from being an admin assistant to managing the FT Faculty and Administrators salaries and making sure that their pay is correct. The hardest part of the job is that I feel like I'm doing more than I should and is not appreciated. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees I support on a day to day basis. I love interacting with people and love giving great customer service to everyone.