Metropolitan State University of Denver Employee Reviews

Good
Network/Telephony technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2017
This is a nice place to work. The are very dedicated to balancing family and work lives. And the people who work here are very relaxed and knowledgeable.
My position is very relaxed, but still has a lot to get done.
Front desk assistant (Biology Department) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work is helping your boss with taking care of the office and running errands for them. I have learned that you can relax, but also be ready for students at any given hour. Management is great and knows how to treat you like a human being. Workplace culture is very diverse, so there is a lot of exposure and acceptance of others. The hardest part of the job, there really isn't anything too bad. The most enjoyable, is you get to know the wonderful staff of the department.
Pros
Faculty bring in goodies! Very relaxed environment.
Cons
Have to sit the whole time.
I love MSU Denver
Affiliate Professor (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 24, 2017
It's about the students! They are why I do what I do. I love seeing the growth and willingness to learn. The diversity of the students is great. The leadership is new...so the jury is still out on that. The mission is powerful.
Work Study
Office of Registrar (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2017
Great for incoming college starters always works around your school schedule. Staff is great and the campus is beautiful. Would recommend to anyone because of networking.
Great environment to in with veterans
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
I was managing the staff and the instructors for the classes and the program overview. what I have learned as an associate director was the human story of the veterans that I served in the aspect of education. Management of the program was a challenge and keeps one on their toes. the enjoyable part of the job is seeing the veteran complete the program and move on to bigger things.
Pros
Veteran Frendly
productive and organized
Biology Department front desk student adviser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
I absolutely loved working at MSU Denver as a receptionist in Biology Department. It was my first Job ever and they made it so amazing for me. loved the management, environment, and work.
Excellent school
Studen (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2017
I loved getting my education at MSU Denver. The staff and faculty were phenomenal. My time working in undergraduate research taught me valuable skills that I will be able to utilize in a laboratory.
Walmart
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2017
The company could care less for employees because they paid almost everybody minimum wage and did not give raise. The hours were not great and the working conditions were poor.
Challenging
Peer Mentor, Student Educator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2017
At MSUD, I worked with Journey Through Our Heritage, an outreach organization geared towards preparing students in impoverished nieghberhoods for college.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Short hours.
Easy place to work in with flexable hours
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2017
Average work day consists of taking inventory of supply rooms, calibrating equipment, relocating laboratory equipment while keeping an up to date inventory list of where items go.
Pros
Flexable schedule, easy to work with classes
Cons
payroll can be spotty
Good State Undergraduate University
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2017
MSU Denver is a solid undergraduate University, and the Theatre Department continues to grow in expertise and prestige. The Faculty are dedicated and well-trained. Like all institutions of higher learning in America today, this one is far too corporatized, and exploits the majority of its faculty (adjunct like myself) horribly, but I do not at all blame those I work with day-to-day for this. This exploitation is a structural feature of late U.S. capitalism.
Pros
Opportunities to teach in my field
Cons
low pay, next to no benefits
Slow to change/improve, but wonderful people nonetheless.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2017
Room for career-growth may be inhibited. However, there is plenty room for personal-growth and process-improvement. There is nothing negative to say about the quality of one's coworkers. They are fantastic people at their core. Some departments are more stubborn than others and less responsive to change; therein lies the majority of the struggle. Otherwise, it's a wonderful university to work for.
Pros
work-life balance and positive environment
Cons
Improvements snail through administration
Fun atmosphere and flexible hours
Tutor/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 24, 2017
You work with incredibly friendly, intelligent, easy-going people who create a wonderful work environment. Our director is the best boss I've ever worked for; she's understanding and helpful and always looking for ways to improve the atmosphere for both the workers and our clients. The clients are generally nice and willing to hear constructive feedback. Days go by really fast and you work exactly the hours you want to.
Customer Service Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2017
A typical day is making appointment for professional staffs and answering/making phone call. Checking student in and out of the tutoring center. Hardest part of the job is probably dealing with angry and frustrated customers. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility of the job.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Dealing with angry customer
Masters of Teching program Special Needs
Full-time student (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 15, 2017
I enjoy this program very much and have learned a great deal thus far. I have really enjoyed the field placement portion of this program. I love working with the kids.
so many good people
Mental Health Counselor (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 3, 2017
I had a lot of fun working for the college it was truly an experience that I will never forget. the office was nice and so were my co-workers so many good memories working with all of my professors.
Outstanding Employer
Adjunct Professor/Journalism & Education (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2017
MSU-Denver is a supportive and professional workplace that provides opportunity to grow and learn. The students and faculty are a pleasure to work with.
Only an Intern, but Love this institution
Athletics Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2016
I can't say enough good things about MSU-Denver. The Athletics department is very welcoming and work with my schedule on a daily basis. The administration staff are very friendly and are easy to work with. Respect everybody that works in that office.
Work study position very educational
Office Support / Work Study (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2016
This was a general office position with focus on maintaining education requirements rather than job duties. Duties mainly consisted of copy / scan projects for the professors to ensure compliance with disability laws and providing excerpts from rare old books that could not be found in quantities required for student access. Office cleaning, organization and stocking of supplies, assisting students with professor contact/ office hour information and directions to classrooms and buildings on campus.
Pros
Plenty of time to work on assignments for classes on most days
Cons
Duties and expectations did not challenge a seasoned employee
Empleados trabajadores, sin problemas
Profesor de Asignatura (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2016
Distribuir y supervisar el trabajo diario de tramites y archivo. Revision y firma de las necesidades laborales de las diferentes Juntas Estatales de Conciliacion y Arbitraje.
Pros
Issste, buen sueldo, horario flexible
Cons
Revision cuidadosa de un gran numero de tramites, licencias, etc.