Metropolitan State University of Denver Employee Reviews

A great place to work if you are looking for advancing your leadership
Student Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 29, 2015
At MSU Denver orientation, I learned my leadership style and was given many opportunities to lead my peers. This was something I did not expect to do at such a young age. I learned about how to handle conflicts, how to motivate others, and how to hold myself accountable. My boss, Amy Dinise-Halter was the best boss I ever had. She did so much for my leadership. She covered for my other boss who really sat on his hands all day. The most enjoyable part pf the job was the inclusive and fun environment we created. It allowed me to be who I was who I could be. The hardest part is going to be leaving this job. It was a fdantastic opportunity.
MSU Denver
Project and Classroom Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 3, 2015
I worked at Metro State in various capacities for almost 10 years. I loved the people I worked with, however advancement within the University was very hard.
Fun working environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 2, 2015
It was a great place. Great and fun working environment. It was great to be able to work with the public and helped students with the registration issues. Best experience with Banner.
The Writing Center is the place to be
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), DenverMay 19, 2015
I loved working in the writing center with MSU Denver students. I visited the writing center as a student as well and thrived in the inclusive, friendly atmosphere.
Great Place to work
Veteran Leader Corps Member (AmeriCorps) (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 17, 2015
Staff has been more than supportive of my growth professionally and personally. I have had nothing but great experiences working with the staff and partnering with other departments.
Good place to start
Program Assistant I (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 5, 2015
MSU Denver is a good place to begin a professional career after graduating college. The challenge for me came when I was ready to continue growing and progressing professionally and the opportunities within the University were limited.
Fantastic
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
MSUDenver has a great work culture with lots of stimulation as it is a University. Being around people that are educated and working at an institution such as MSU Denver is quite a unique experience.
Fun, challenging, and rewarding position.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: satisfaction in helping others, problem solving
Cons: small amount to working hours.
My job as a mathematics tutor at MSU Denver is best described as having a pop quiz every five minutes. People studying disciplines from all walks of life would stop by to discuss the mathematical concepts surrounding their studies and as a tutor it was my job to provide them with the best incite that I could. From environmental sciences and meteorology to chemistry and calc--based physics, I was challenged daily to learn quickly and solve problems effectively. I also learned to work independently as well as collaborate with others to obtain desired solutions.
Great job for students
IT Media Lab Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
Metro was a great place to work as a student as they worked around my classes and I was able to pay my bills while not being too stressed.
A great place to learn from other faculty while having fun teaching others in downtown Denver
Affiliate Faculty Member (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 3, 2014
My employment at MetroState has allowed me to stay up to date with important concepts related to Chemistry. It has also improved my teaching, managing, public speaking and problem solving skills. I am grateful to have the opportunity to teach at my alma mater.
Adjunct teaching
Part-Time Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 19, 2014
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a great place. Because I was adjunct faculty, I did not receive benefits, but I have a flexible work schedule.
Work study student
Administratative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 15, 2014
I was just a work study nothing bad to say about the place. I learned a lot about higher education.
was working on shows and my internship with kaiser wasn't really a paid job
Assistant Stage Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: got my degree, met so many friends
Cons: super expensive
well i went to school here so i spent a lot of time here. i learned a lot from many different classes and types of people i would meet, a true melting pot. my directors and teachers inspired and gave my chances to perform and express myself in ways. hardest part was realizing that real life had to begin and i couldn't perform all the time i was gonna have to find a grown up job.
Very flexible but not too productive
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2014
A lot of sitting around and waiting for students. Learned a few administrative skills. Management and coworkers were very nice. Not s very hard job an the relationships were great.
Database Administration
Software Engineer and Database Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 4, 2013
I work in the office of Advancement and External Relations at MSU Denver, developing the Raiser's Edge database which oversees all school constituents, donors, events, and solicitor prospects.

Due to MSU Denver being a foundation, the majority of their funding comes from the state or these solicitor prospects and donors.

Responsibilities include project planning and implementation, global database audits and maintenance, metrics gathering and analytics, and daily advancement and external relations tasks.
Great department in a growing college system in central Denver
Adjunct Instructor for Industrial Design Dept. (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, great campus and work environment.
Cons: last minute canceling of courses and limited work hours.
Metro State continues to impress me with the faculty, improved campus, facilities, and dedication to providing an affordable high-quality education. The Industrial Design department at the Auraria campus continues to reflect the changes and improvements seen throughout the college, and i'm flattered to be a contributor to this team of professors. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and professional experience with the students in this positive and nurturing environment.
great variety of transportation
Assistant to the AVP of Human Resources (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 9, 2013
Very busy department during the summer semester. I have learned a multitude of duties, from being an admin assistant to managing the FT Faculty and Administrators salaries and making sure that their pay is correct. The hardest part of the job is that I feel like I'm doing more than I should and is not appreciated. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees I support on a day to day basis. I love interacting with people and love giving great customer service to everyone.
Metro State Diploma Mill University. Or, The University of Unemployment, whichever.
Broadcast/Communications Graduate (Former Employee), Classrooms & LabsMay 22, 2013
First of all, Metro State College is a diploma mill. But, when I read about employees unfortunate experience working there, I now wonder what kind of institution they are. Students aren't getting their money's worth. It's a disgrace what goes on in the administration departments -- adults acting like little brats while students are paying high tuition and/or loan debt. Metro State just smells funny.
Mostly a very good place to work
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: fellow workers
Cons: management
The best part of the job was interacting with students and faculty. The hardest part of the job was the petty politics and changing "office scapegoat" that kept most of the staff uncomfortable.
Academic Advisor
Professional Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 7, 2012
I love where I am. MSU denver is a great place to work for. I have been here for the last 8 years. I graduated from MSU Denver in 2006.