Metropolitan State University Employee Reviews

Good Job Work/ Life Balance
CO- Loans Processor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at this job consisted of various tasks involving entering information into an online system filled with student records. I learned the environment in the office was friendly and welcoming but people did not tend to be very productive. The hardest part of the job was being asked to do something with very little explanation on how to perform the task. The pay was poor especially for students who need to pay off their loans for school. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a work schedule that went well with my school schedule and meeting new people.
Great work/life balance
Transfer Specialist/Credentials Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 23, 2017
This organization provided a great work/life balance for their employees. Employees accrued sick hours and vacation hours that were fair. I would recommend this organization to friends.
flexible job, you can set your own schedule
Scheduling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2017
I loved working with the people I worked with. The hardest part was I had to walk for a long period of time; it was a temporary job. It was a simple job. It wasn't too complicated
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2017
Great people to work with. Quiet environment. Hours are usually between school's open hours from 8 am - 11 pm. Professional setting and easy going.
Cons
Could pay more
My favorite work place
Denver - Student Academic Success Office (SASC) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2017
This job thought a lot about working with students and wakened my passion to help others succeed in higher education. I would love to be able to go back and work there again, if possible. I enjoyed working with my boss, she was more than a boss to me as she continued to mentor me even after I left the position.
student tours
Student Mentor/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2017
I loved giving tours to high school students that would go visit the college campus. It brought in the opportunity of teaching others of the many different options that people have. It is beneficial that people keep educating themselves. Seeing high school students change their expressions from doubt to comfort brought a lot of happiness to me.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough pay
Loved it
Research Trainee (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2017
The class sizes are small, the teachers encourage questions and answer them to the best of their abilities, students are focused on the learning aspect of college and students study together a lot. The advisors help students graduate on time by taking the necessary classes. I would say that metrostate is an overall great learning environment.
Pros
Teachers
Cons
Not a lot of equipment for biology program
Instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2017
For two hours, the adult students in class received the latest fundraising and management training that will assist them to establishing themselves in a key management position within a nonprofit organization.
Pros
Students wanted to learn.
Cons
To many student in class to provide personal assistance.
Great place to work as a student
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 29, 2017
I only work there as a student worker and I had a great experience associating with people.

Everyone is very helpful and super nice. I learn a lot of skills there
Great
Geology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2017
Loved working here as a lab assistant. I was able to go to school and work at the same time while being able to control the hours that I worked. My boss was awesome and the people that I worked with were incredibly bright students.
It was very good
Math & Physics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed teaching the classes I was assigned. The location of the university was great. The compensation was not bad and work load was good. It was a beautiful experience.
Pros
Slalry, classes taught
Cons
Parking
Typical Day at work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2017
Expected to always be helping other workstudy employees that are always late, they will send you to go and cover other labs and even open them. If you open the lab people will be waiting outside and giving you a dirty look and even be mean to you as you are "late" to open someone's else lab.
Successful working and learning enviroment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at the school I was studying at. It was a rewarding experience being a part of such a great institution. I gained life long relationships and knowledge from all that I embarked upon wile a student and worker.
Pros
Convenient and Rewarding
Cons
N/a
Fun Working place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 2, 2017
I went to Metropolitan for Business Administration and volunteered to help International Students in ISO. I met so many students come from difference countries. ISO provided events, activities, and opportunities for international Students when they studies at Metro
Great college, small and easy to get around campus
Student (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 27, 2017
Excellent college for HR Management classes. It's a small campus and easy to get around. The teachers were also very good and knowledgeable. They worked with the students to help them succeed.
Pros
Small campus. Easy to get around.
Cons
None.
very helpful and friendly place to work
Food Pantry Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working there because the campus was small and everyone seemed to know each other. The staff are helpful and resourceful and the campus was clean and safe.
Pros
Small workplace
Cons
Dealing with 1500 student members of the Food Pantry was difficult at times.
Enjoyed my time working here
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2017
Enjoyed my time working here, everyone is always willing to pitch in and the customers that come in for service are friendly and nice most the time. The building is well centered.
nice college
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 1, 2017
I was pleased to have an excellent supervisor at this agency, I enjoyed teaching older students and supervision adults who wanted to learn in a mature environment.
Great job for students
Learning Space Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2017
If you are a student this is a great job. Assist other students, trouble shoot issues, offer classroom assistance as needed. Overall this is a great place for students to .
Productive Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 22, 2017
I have always enjoyed working in an academic environment where I can add value to the employer as much as it can be to me. I have studied at Metropolitan and worked there as well. It was satisfying and the best choice.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na