Metropolitan State University Employee Reviews

Positive Experience
Affiliate Professor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2016
I enjoy both the challenges and benefits of working at MSU-Denver. Every day and semester is seemingly different even in the course content is often the same.
Pros
Diverse work experience
Cons
Lack of growth potential
My current school
CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2016
My professors are great and the workload is tiresome, as all universities go. I learn valuable information to my career goals and have had great opportunities to network. I was a student athlete until my school schedule conflicted with my athletic schedule and I had to think about my priorities. I was the sprints captain on the track team and would lead warm ups, make people work harder, handle discipline, etc. I have the highest respect for the coaching staff and my teammates and will never have a bad word to say about the program.
Great positive place to work
Peer Mentor for Individualized Degree Program (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
MSU Denver has been the best experience I have had in my working career. The support from my boss has been incredible. They highly value diversity .
Good place to learn and take additional responsibility
Manager Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2016
Generally manage your day one your own schedule using the university established datelines and reporting back to the administrators on duty
Pros
Chances to learn new roles
Cons
Limited on the job training
Working with a diverse student population is essential to the success
Nursing Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 13, 2016
Like the work I do and the University as a whole, lots of student contact via phone, email and in person. work with secondary agencys - lawyers, other Higher Ed schools, MDH, DHS, etc
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Leadership
Great environment with great leaders/team
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 17, 2016
- Flexible work schedule
- Friendly employers and co-workers
- socialize with the co-workers, supervisors and student. And learn from different background.
Pros
Has a chance to learn from different background
Cons
I don't get to work with all my co-worker because we have three locations.
Busy day at work
Excel Pre-Collegiate Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2016
I reach out to students in their high school, who do not have an idea what college is. I talk to them eventually talking to their parents as well, we fill up to as many applications as possible. We also help with FAFSA and scholarship essays.
Pros
Changed the students perspective in school
Cons
Many students can be rude
Great place to learn
Stadent work study (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 22, 2012
I don't get benefits because I am only doing a work study. I like the expierence I am getting with this position. I have learned a great deal about how needed computer forensics in the business world. I work for the IT dept head and he is a smart mentor. I think he really carried the interest in the field that had me really take a look at it. He asked for me personally to head up his work study, so I guess that I too made an impression on him. I enjoy learning the most, and I have learned more than i can write in this short paragraph.
Pros
great expierence
Cons
a little unstructured
Productive and fun workplace with a great staff and management.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 22, 2016
• Key invoices and index into Document Manager and Banner for disbursement
• Post journal entries to the general ledger
• Create billing statements and record payments received from campus departments; reverse pre-paid expenses
• Payroll redistribution; process deposit of funds; audit travel and event card
There is future here
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 22, 2016
There is a future for growth for this institution. Very passionate, and some outstanding people. The potential for great things for this university is unprecedented.
Mostly educational
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part is collaboration with other professors and students on projects and seeing a positive results.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
No salary
Productive and fun workplace with amazing co-workers
graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2015
I love this company and its environment, learned a lot of things here. Management is very very good, co-workers are super friendly. The hardest part of the job was to work overtime still i enjoyed working overtime as well.
south campus
Student Front Desk/Assistant to Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
It was a great place to work, people there are very polite and nice. It was easy to get used to working with such professional people at MSU Denver South Campus.
Good for working adult students looking for supplemental income to manage while in school
Admissions and -Disability Services assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 25, 2013
Not racially diverse; extreme amount of nepotism and favoritism. Not a chance to move up or get recognition unless you know someone or have a family or personal connection. Unfair and unethical hiring and promotional practices

Retaliatory and hostile work environment; inconsistent work environment from rules to management, constant changes in administration and upper level staff.
Pros
Very flexible for working adults who are students
Cons
not a safe environment to speak up or out about issues that need attnetion; r
Students
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 15, 2015
Excellent school for anybody coming to get a good education. The staff is wonderful and pleasant and there are several jobs in every department.
Great place to meet New people!
Student Assistant Worker (Current Employee) –  1380 Enrgy LaneJune 19, 2015
I enjoy working at Metropolitan State University as a Student assistant worker it has allowed me to meet people I wouldn't readily meet a on a day to day basis. I work In the Communication, Writing , and The Arts which a department of the University that students who are enrolled in Theatre Writing and Public speaking degrees work with staff and advisors of the University. It is very lively, fun atmosphere here I am learning some new things about art work I have never known. The staff here are great very personable and willing to help and share all they know with us. I am grateful to know them.
Pros
Learning experience, Great environment
Cons
Quiet at times
Professional Development
Information Technology Work Study (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2014
As a work study of Metropolitan State University, I figure this was an opportunity to learn and gain as much experience as I could. I really tried to understand everything about the university. I attempted to work on assignments on the staff level in order to gain experience and grow.

In my years of working as a work study, I have notice the professional change in myself. It has also spilled into my personal life. I am certain I will see more professional development as I pursue my career.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to know that you made someone's else day that much more enjoyable.
Productive interaction with customers and co-workers
Student Adviser & Advocate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2015
Helping students with class work, registering for new semester and getting them involved on campus activities to help them adapt to the new college environment.
Fun place to work with with supportive team.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 6, 2015
Great place to work at with professional co-workers. Great management and I gained great amount of experience with my customer service skills.
Learning experiences
Student (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2013
Class consists of many a typical things such as conducting a trade-show and expo, interviewing hotel managers and writing reviews on them. Management of time is essential to be successful in completion of tasks. The hardest part of the job is finding time to join clubs and extracurricular activities. The most enjoyable part of the job is applying the information that I am learning to real life experience.
Pros
Knowledge and experience of professors.
Cons
Long study hours after school.

Metropolitan State University Reviews by Location