Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County Employee Reviews in United States

Good employment oppty
BUS REPAIR A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2015
Training was not available in most cases i trained through literature and manuals that were made available. It took alot of effort to gain professional acceptance in my field with my equally qualified colleagues.
Pros
MANY BENEFITS AND GOOD PAY SCALE
Cons
24/7 JOB COULD PUT LOW MAN ON ANY GIVEN AVAILABLE SCHEDULE
Great place to start a career
SERVICE EVALUATION ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2015
METRO is a great place to begin a career. The agency is newer and is still in the process of building certain parts of infrastructure. For younger employees, however, advancing has proven difficult.
Pros
Free METRO Pass
Cons
Lower starting salaries and less opportunities for a raise.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2015
On a typical day you meet a diverse cross section of the Houston public. That is one of the enjoyable part of this job. You get to see the city as it develops and expands. I have learned a lot about the city at Metro.
Cons
Long hours on the job.
Enjoyable experience as a family
Rail Maintenance Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
This is a good place to obtain experience in the industry of transit. Co-workers attitudes are fair and most just want to do there job. Most of the people are polite.
Pros
activities as a agency at different locations as different times.
Cons
no advancement due to fairly young management
Patrolled properties owned and operated by the Harris County Transit Authority.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013
Metro covers 4 counties and carries thousands of persons each day to and from all areas. I enjoyed the travelling, and meeting so many different people. I worked closely with other officers as a team to return all traffic flow back to normal as quickly as possible after an incident whether it be an accident or major traffic tie up. Myself with one rookie officer travelled with the remaing people removed from the Astrodome to Dallas for their safety when hurrican Rita threatened Houston. At the same time we emptied the Gray Hound Bus Depot and 3 nursing homes.

We travelled for 14 hours on an Amtrack train with 6 double decker cars loaded arriving in Dallas and returning the following night bringing with us 97 satallite phones for Transtar for the Management team headed by Mayor Bob White.
Pros
being given the opportunity to work using my own judgement and experience.
Patrolled properties owned and operated by the Harris County Transit Authority.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013

Myself with one rookie officer travelled with the remaing people removed from the Astrodome to Dallas for their safety when Hurricane Rita threatened Houston. At the same time we emptied the Gray Hound Bus Depot and 3 nursing homes. It was my responsibility for the safety of over 500 persons both adults and children.

We travelled for 14 hours on an Amtrack train with 6 double decker cars loaded arriving in Dallas and returning the following night bringing with us 97 satallite phones to Transtar for the Management team headed by the Mayor of Houston.
Pros
being given the opportunity to work using my own judgement and experience.
Network Support Specialist
Sr. Network Support Specialist: (Former Employee) –  Houston,TexasMarch 3, 2012
Sr. Network Support Specialist:
Current assignment is Implementation/Support /Documentation of the Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity Express; this includes the configuration and implementation. Sr. Administer of the Blackberry Enterprise Server this includes the support and deployment of all cell phones. Support for the Crimes application for Metro’s PD department. Conduct quarterly Wireless Surveys at the Bus Facilities and Park and Rides, so the buses can download their daily route schedules. This also includes installation & support for all the WAP (Cisco 1550, 1400, 1300, 3200’s and 3500’s) at all of Metro’s Park and Rides and Bus Operationing Facilities
Pros
good company
Cons
np
I loved the fast pace of the environment.
CSR-I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for this organization. Management was kind and always considerate of your home life.
Constructive
Transit (Environmental) Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Constructive. Learned various facets about working with private and public agencies and efficiently managing tasks between the 2 entities to achieve your goal
Fun, energetic work place where safety and customer service is always first.
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2012
Driving the city bus getting passengers to there destinations in a safe and timely manner. very fast paced, energetic, fun, and very demanding at times. keeping up with schedule
Pros
free bus rides
Exciting Workplace
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to interact with Houston's many diverse communities.

4.4