Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County Employee Reviews

Constructive
Transit (Environmental) Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Constructive. Learned various facets about working with private and public agencies and efficiently managing tasks between the 2 entities to achieve your goal
Enjoyable experience as a family
Rail Maintenance Training Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: activities as a agency at different locations as different times.
Cons: no advancement due to fairly young management
This is a good place to obtain experience in the industry of transit. Co-workers attitudes are fair and most just want to do there job. Most of the people are polite.
I loved the fast pace of the environment.
CSR-I (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for this organization. Management was kind and always considerate of your home life.
Exciting Workplace
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to interact with Houston's many diverse communities.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013
Pros: being given the opportunity to work using my own judgement and experience.
Metro covers 4 counties and carries thousands of persons each day to and from all areas. I enjoyed the travelling, and meeting so many different people. I worked closely with other officers as a team to return all traffic flow back to normal as quickly as possible after an incident whether it be an accident or major traffic tie up. Myself with one rookie officer travelled with the remaing people removed from the Astrodome to Dallas for their safety when hurrican Rita threatened Houston. At the same time we emptied the Gray Hound Bus Depot and 3 nursing homes.

We travelled for 14 hours on an Amtrack train with 6 double decker cars loaded arriving in Dallas and returning the following night bringing with us 97 satallite phones for Transtar for the Management team headed by Mayor Bob White.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013

Myself with one rookie officer travelled with the remaing people removed from the Astrodome to Dallas for their safety when Hurricane Rita threatened Houston. At the same time we emptied the Gray Hound Bus Depot and 3 nursing homes. It was my responsibility for the safety of over 500 persons both adults and children.

We travelled for 14 hours on an Amtrack train with 6 double decker cars loaded arriving in Dallas and returning the following night bringing with us 97 satallite phones to Transtar for the Management team headed by the Mayor of Houston.
Police Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 8, 2013

Fun, energetic work place where safety and customer service is always first.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2012
Pros: free bus rides
Driving the city bus getting passengers to there destinations in a safe and timely manner. very fast paced, energetic, fun, and very demanding at times. keeping up with schedule
Network Support Specialist
Sr. Network Support Specialist: (Former Employee), Houston,TexasMarch 3, 2012
Pros: good company
Cons: np
Sr. Network Support Specialist:
Current assignment is Implementation/Support /Documentation of the Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity Express; this includes the configuration and implementation. Sr. Administer of the Blackberry Enterprise Server this includes the support and deployment of all cell phones. Support for the Crimes application for Metro’s PD department. Conduct quarterly Wireless Surveys at the Bus Facilities and Park and Rides, so the buses can download their daily route schedules. This also includes installation & support for all the WAP (Cisco 1550, 1400, 1300, 3200’s and 3500’s) at all of Metro’s Park and Rides and Bus Operationing Facilities