Metropolitan Transit Authority Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Trainer for Maintenance Divisions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
Harris County Metropolitan Transit Authority has a great work force and is backed heavily through their management structure. The staff is well compensated.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long hours when things go wrong, but is [art of working in transit.
Very good job
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
This was a great job that paid enough to support your family and household. There are raises that come at certain times. They uniforms and supplies are furnished for the employees, such as each employee is given a yearly allowance to purchase uniforms, belts, shoes, hats, caps, socks, flashlights, and you can work overtime if you like. Great company to work for absolutely loved working there. I left because I had to relocate to be closer to my mother.
Pros
Great pay, clothes allowance, vacation time, benefits, I could go on and on but this could take a while.
Cons
Starting new you are away from home late at night and weekends.
Productive company to work with
Call Center/Scheduling Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 15, 2016
Very productive, extremely busy work days. There was a whole lot to learn which I appreciated most because each call differed vastly and I was not at all bored. Co-workers were quite wonderful. The hardest part of the job was having to rise up out of bed each day at 3:30 a.m. to be at work by 6:55 a.m., five days per week, yet the most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to help at least 100 disabled people daily.
Pros
Mixture of short and long hour schedules and mid-week days off
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare
Great Company
CFI (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2016
I have worked for this company for four plus years. they are a great company to work for, good salary, benefits and management team. I would highly recommend working here they truly care about their employees.
good job
Bus Operator, NYC Transit (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 10, 2016
My day consisted of driving the bus back and forth multiple times picking up customers throughout. I learned how to drive a bus and all the safety regulations required by the state of New York. My coworkers were not with me other than when I was on break at the depot. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers but the most enjoyable part was seeing people thank me for getting them there on time and safe.
Pros
benefits and overtime
Cons
working overnights
They Hire you to fire!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 23, 2016
Its a big game in my opinion...the turn over on people in this position is way too high...A year to be on probation at any position is way too long for you to secure a job and to be protected by a union which doesnt have the power to help you until you are off probation!
Pros
Great Opportunity to meet your goals in life
Cons
You sacrifice way too much to keep your job!
Collaborative and productive
Car Inspector (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
Metropolitan Transit Authority provided opportunities in enhancing my skills and electrical knowledge. Managers worked with the team they supervised. The team cooperated with the managers and everyone was a team player.
Pros
Provided opportunities to take classes for improvement
Cons
Hiring system needs to be improved
Internships
Management Support Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 10, 2016
Internships would be better if you really received the training needed in real world experiences. Too much filing, what can you learn from filing paper all day?
ok work but the management and your supervisor are about favorite
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
you do more they pay less no advancement only promises the more you do the more they use you and if you are bilingual they will relly use you traing cosist of 2 days then you are on your own
Great Organization
Assistant Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
Great Organization to work for. Exciting! I love working here. I would just like to work for an organization that ties in more closely to my personal mission, which is helping others.
I enjoyed working for Metro!
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
If there was not an event where I had to relocate, I do believe that I would have still been employed by this great company! I loved the people, the environment, and the benefits.
It is a challenge job.
Professional Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
As a normal day driving passenger to they destination with safety procedure, in typical rush hour with a full bus. Is a park and ride route people greeting and help them with they needs, as information of the schedule or bus stops.
By the end of the route people or passengers satisfied.
Pros
Meeting and helping people.
Cons
Traffic.
a job
Bus Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
this job was a pretty decent job giving the company it was for sometimes its best to keep it pushing and count your blessings in the previous employer and tough it out,
Bridges And Tunnel Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Amazing I love It!, Its A temporary job for a year but worth the time
A little nerve wracking but thats with any job.i hate the hours sometimes.
Nice job
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2016
This is a great job the benefits are great you just have to really start from the bottom and work your way up,but once you get there then its yours for the picking.
Always changing rules
Operations Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
It's ok the management is sloppy along with there regulations. High turn of rate and lack of support makes work life balance hard.
Productive and Fun Working Place
Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2016
My job various and i work with very different type of personality, i rarely have a dull moment. i have great relationship with my peer, supervisor and managers, they are very hands on what i do daily.
Fun working place
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
i really enjoyed working for mta, it was a great opportunity.A large organization where you can learn much things.The people are great and its just a great organization
Made a living
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2015
I worked for MTA for 14 years. I enjoyed working with the public. I worked all shifts starting wit Graveyeard ended working on dayshift. Always had a great rapport with management.
Productive job and exciting place to work at.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical work day is busy, especially when the Bus Operators come in from their runs. I have learned to work with the different personalities every day. My management team is good. My co-workers are amazing I can truly say that we are a TEAM. Hardest part of the job is not being able to solve a problem when a Bus Operator needs help. I enjoy the TEAM that I work with. We run everything by each other so that we all can know what is happening.
Pros
Enjoy working with the employees