Metropolitan Transit Authority

Metropolitan Transit Authority Employer Reviews

N/A
Rail Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2014
Managing Light Rail commuter trains
Management and training process below average
Dealing with the ability to gain basic knowledge in order to be successful
A LOT STRESS ON THAT JOB ,BUT EXCELLENT PAY AND BENEFITS
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: celebrate all holidays with pay
Cons: union lean on management
charches never prove , just rumors management took them as TRUE THAT led to early retirement and people fired lose all benefits or anybody going SICK for long periods,lose retirement also,one's have to be a GOOD boy and sinpathic with management not to lose benefits, ME my good record they couldn't ignore and got retirement.that's my main complains – more... but overall I'm content with my outcome,because I live from the pension I receive.I'm thankfull. – less
TEMP (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2014
Pros: inbound call center
Cons: n/a
I learned how to read a key map, My co-workers were very helpful when I first got there in the beginning.
Great place to work never a dull moment.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Los AngelesJanuary 16, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Its great for the person seeking employment while furthering their education and also for the people seeking a long term career as there are many opportunities for advancement.Maintain your drive, dedication and work hard, you will do well at Metro.
Great place to work for just need set schedule
Client Liaison / Police officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Cons: working every weekend and all holidays
Great place comes with great work environment. Given me great customer service skills.
very good workplace
Bus Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 6, 2013
very good employment opportunity, interacted with the public every day and it was a pleasure to serve NYC
Maintenance of Equipment
TRAINING AND COORDINATION MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 23, 2013
Pros: pension
Cons: questionable promotion practices
This company is in process of quality improvement. A more professional aptitude is required among management.
Motivating, challenging,interesting learning experience
METROLift Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 23, 2013
Pros: quiet room with recliners, park and ride, free local bus services, employee picnic, healthcare-health fairs
Cons: no breaks
Working with Persons with a disability is a blessing. A typical day at work was very productive, very busy from the start of the day until the end. Within the Transit Authority classes was offered to increase knowledge of every area of my job. Employee training was available and we were constantly learning new things at all times. My co-workers and – more... I have developed a close bond, a good work relationship, we were just like family.The hardest part of the job was knowing that someone was denied Lift services and had to appeal. The appeal process did take some time, and the customer would call to complain. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I made a difference in the lives of the people i talked to over the phone as well as interviewed in person. At the end of the the day 1 word to sum it up, successful. – less
Productive and enjoyable environment.
Professional Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2013
I was able to see how beautiful the City of Houston really is while driving .
I learned how to read and use a key map.
My co workers were very supportive to helping locate various places that i was not familiar with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the hours.
To start new career
City Bus Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 6, 2013
Provide significant schedule delays, and report mechanical problems
 Performed safety checks daily before departure from work area.
 Provided updates per route changes, schedule delays
 Comply with all Department of Transportation regulation
No advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
No advancement at Metrolift. Every development is part time with no benefits. Great company to work for but you will stuck in the same position.
Fun family environment
Custodian (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2013
This company was a great company that offered advancement to those who desired it. The typical work day was routine. Clean and maintain train stations assigned to you. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with the public that appreciated your service.
It was great place to work and flexible.
Drug and Alcohol Technician I (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits, flexible hours
Cons: over worked
The work was fairly easy and some of people were nice to work with they were team players. Management was essential as long as you are essential to them. There is alot of favortism but what job doesnt have that..... but overall it was learning experience.
You'll have no life.
Bus Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: paid weekly. free bus rides.
Cons: long days, virtually unafordable benefits for union empolyees, senority based, and schedueling department is full of idiots.
16 hour days but only get paid for 8. Split shifts and you get stranded on the line if you don't find a ride to your next relief point.
Civil Service Culture and long careers
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not easy to advance.
Better place for middle age career changers. Many employees worked for decades and therefore, you must learn to wait your turn. However, this is one of the places you can have lasting professional relationships and stability for the most part.
Awesome Company
Assist in route mapping for passengers (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2013
I loved my experience with Metro. The opportunity for advancement was difficult and lead to my departure. Should the opportunity for growth change, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Started out a Productive environment
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2013
Pros: the benefits and paid time off were exceptional
Cons: short breaks, supervised work at all times
Answering and assisting the general public with bus routes and general bus information.
I've learned the ins and outs of Houston, all areas.
Productive and fun work place!
Bus operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
Bus operator drives the bus and various passengers over specified routes to local or distant point according to specified time schedule.
Must operate the bus skillfully and safely, answer questions regarding service, routes, fares, points of interest, and etc., maintain good relations with general public, announce stops, direct and control passengers – more... (if needed), AND read time schedules, street signs, traffic signs, head signs, bus passes and instructions. – less
Enjoyable Company
Benefits & Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMay 30, 2013
I have an awesome director. He listens, participates and makes suggestions to make my job that much better.
Diverse, Muti-facited work place, exposure to many different cultural experiences.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 5, 2013
Pros: meeting new people daily, providing a much needed service(transportation)
Cons: short breaks
leaving home at 3 am, getting to work, pre-trip my bus, grab a bit to eat,leave the garage, go to starting point, pick up patrons, watch for any & everything moving inside & outside of bus, provide a safe, friendly ride.
I learned to do public service you have to have a special calling.
Personal feelings should not interfere with professional ethics.
I – more... had very supportive co-workers, like a family.
To have management who are not sensitive to the trials encountered from public service.
Meeting new people on a daily basis from all walks of live. – less